Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 MLP Forums March Madness - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Doctor XFizzle

Rainbow Dash has a flat personality

Nope. Actually one of the more complex characters in the show. Try again.

Bit late to the party I suppose. I have mixed feelings about this round. One part of me is going "YAY! MY TWO FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" and the other part is going "Dangit, I have to vote against Pinkie Pie." I even ship these two together for heaven's sake! Meh. But really, while it's a painful decision, it isn't a difficult one.

Voting for Rainbow (You expected something different?). She's been my favorite from the very beginning, and her stock has only risen with me since then. She's demonstrated many sides to her personality, and some have appealed to the fanbase more than others, but at the heart of it, when things were bad Rainbow Dash was always there for her friends(and her new little chicken sister :) )

hug_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d5oaydm.jpg

She's demonstrated some of the most growth and development of any character in the series, in my opinion comparable to the actual main character. Not bad, especially considering the disparity in screentime. She can be very brash, and yet very caring. (See Hurricane Fluttershy and Sleepless in Ponyville) While she has been criticized for being self-centered, she was willing to sacrifice her  lifelong dream because she thought it would go against her principles. Pretty selfless actually when it comes down to it. Overall she's provided many of my favorite moments in the entire series, and I look forward to seeing what she gives us in future seasons. 

(Plus she can canonically beat Pinkie Pie up ;) )

Take the customary picture barrage and vote Dashie :)

my_daddy__my_hero_by_fumuu-d5yt5mb.png

butterfly_joy_by_neko_me-d5ywyz1.jpg 

snuggling_is_so__not__cool__by_segfaultd

zzzzzz_by_a6p-d4hu1d6.png

20__cooler_rainbow_dash_by_harthric-d5xy

• Brohoof 7

Nope. Actually one of the more complex characters in the show. Try again.

Bit late to the party I suppose. I have mixed feelings about this round. One part of me is going "YAY! MY TWO FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" and the other part is going "Dangit, I have to vote against Pinkie Pie." I even ship these two together for heaven's sake! Meh. But really, while it's a painful decision, it isn't a difficult one.

Voting for Rainbow (You expected something different?). She's been my favorite from the very beginning, and her stock has only risen with me since then. She's demonstrated many sides to her personality, and some have appealed to the fanbase more than others, but at the heart of it, when things were bad Rainbow Dash was always there for her friends(and her new little chicken sister smile.png )

img-1348547-1-hug_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d

She's demonstrated some of the most growth and development of any character in the series, in my opinion comparable to the actual main character. Not bad, especially considering the disparity in screentime. She can be very brash, and yet very caring. (See Hurricane Fluttershy and Sleepless in Ponyville) While she has been criticized for being self-centered, she was willing to sacrifice her  lifelong dream because she thought it would go against her principles. Pretty selfless actually when it comes down to it. Overall she's provided many of my favorite moments in the entire series, and I look forward to seeing what she gives us in future seasons. 

(Plus she can canonically beat Pinkie Pie up wink.png )

Take the customary picture barrage and vote Dashie smile.png

img-1348547-2-my_daddy__my_hero_by_fumuu

img-1348547-3-butterfly_joy_by_neko_me-d

img-1348547-4-snuggling_is_so__not__cool

img-1348547-5-zzzzzz_by_a6p-d4hu1d6.png

img-1348547-6-20__cooler_rainbow_dash_by

You are a *bit* late, but at least you're in the fires of war. How long to the finals last, anyway?

Suppose I should make Party_Cannon the Pinkie Republic spy. Forgot about her/him until (s)he brohoofed a post of mine mlp-alol.png

• Brohoof 3

You are a *bit* late, but at least you're in the fires of war. How long to the finals last, anyway?

Suppose I should make Party_Cannon the Pinkie Republic spy. Forgot about her/him until (s)he brohoofed a post of mine img-1348587-10-mlp-alol.png

Rounds before the semi-finals lasted one day, the semi-finals each lasted two days. I guess this will last three?

Anyway, as an above user rightly said, we lack Pinkie Pie pictures. Incoming!

110456+-+artist+tavogdl+balloons+flying+

Pinkie-pie-pinkie-pie-27646574-1212-951.

pinkie_pie_can_can_by_fra_92-d4lt9qz.png

commission__turntable_pinkie_pie_by_thei

hop_skip_jump_by_miradge-d4aioyu.png

mlp_by_holivi-d4zuii4.jpg

pinkie_pie_in_the_sky_by_porkchopsammie-

• Brohoof 1

Come one everypony! Vote for Rainbow Dash! SMASH AND DASH PINKIE PIE'S TITLE AND STREAK EVERYPONY!

tumblr_luzb6o8n5a1r19504o1_500.jpg

Radical! awesome! and Cool!

Pinkie is just some crazy, energetic pony who likes to annoy others! Ugh that high-pitch voice can be annoying

• Brohoof 1

One part of me is going "YAY! MY TWO FAVORITE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" and the other part is going "Dangit, I have to vote against Pinkie Pie." I even ship these two together for heaven's sake! Meh. But really, while it's a painful decision, it isn't a difficult one.

My thoughts exactly! 

I myself am feeling quite down in the dumps since I can imagine how poor Pinkie would feel if she lost, but sorry party pony, I just have to vote for Dashie.

You are all bad people, people who are voting for Dashie.

Look at how you made Pinkie feel...

sad_pinkie_pie_by_raikoh14-d4h04st.jpg

If you don't vote for her, she'll feel crushed. How can you...how can you be so mean? Dashie...Dashie won't be so mad. She'll be upset, but forget about it. But Pinkie...she'll be crushed! Why would you do such a mean thing? mlp-fsorry.png

• Brohoof 2

I love reading these threads regardless of who I vote for because of the immense entertaining and awesome fan art posted by fans of each character aswell as interesting debates and funny comments.

Anyways as for my vote, while I've mentioned on many ocassionally I love every mane 6 pony a lot, I do have my preference list, and due to the fact pinkie is my 3rd favorite pony I guess my vote goes towards her.

Sorry rainbow, your awesome and all, but I do have a slight preference for the humor and randomness of pinkie, aswell as her bubbly optimistic attitude.

Can't wait to see how this plays out! Good luck to both sides!

• Brohoof 1

I reckon that Rainbow Dash fans are more numerous, while Pinkie Pie fans are more enthusiastic. We take after the bubbly pony because we are similarly bubbly.

That's why I must bubble up and post more Pinkie!

mlp_by_holivi-d4y8jpm.jpg

pearl_pinkie_by_rom_art-d57u7ux.png

no_matter_the_weather_by_blitzpony-d5qo2

pinkie_pie_party_by_caramelbrulee-d5fef6

fruit_power_by_jack_a_lynn-d51a9f7.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

you are going down!

vote pinkie pie, for she deserves all your love!

95559+-+arrow+artist+wingsoffox+bow+bow_

would you like to celebrate at a party thrown by RD or at a party thrown by the one pony making all of equestria smile and throwing legendary parties?

Edited by Friendship_Cannon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

We take after the bubbly pony because we are similarly bubbly.

Our bubbly-ness can only be countered by Derpy. It IS her special talent, after all.

In other news, Pinkie is still down by 24 votes. I'd be flustered if 24 wasn't such a great number. I mean, c'mon, divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, AND 12? Dag. Also, 

mlfw4472_medium.jpg

pinkie_pie_party_cannon_circus_poster_bytwitchy_tail_means____by_mlpazureglow-d3

Pinkie-Dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is

bb410973d8eabecd26fad7c016aa78cd.png

And don't click the next spoiler if you don't like Rainbow Pie shipping.

Rainbow%20Sherbet%20Pie%20Slice.JPG

Edited by Zerobot
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

We're losing!

But, I have made yet another signature for us to use to bask in our glory. I added completely true adjectives because, well, Dashie. They're all negative, by the way.

343tg09.jpg

Got rid of the opinions.

Edited by Velvet Remedy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Another round of cuteness for the fence-sitters, methinks.

pinkie_pie_by_mewpan-d4zmkb6.jpg

a_splash_of_pinkie_by_bigponymac-d5ddm7v

let_them_eat_cake_by_whitestar1802-d57zo

night_pinkie_pie_by_raikoh_illust-d54oii

easter_day_by_imalou-d4vl4u7.png

pinkie_pie_by_dragonroll-d57v2l9.png

We'll see this title defence through to the end. The Pinkie Republic swears to it!

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 3

Dashheads unite! All votes must go to Dashie. You wouldn't want her to feel inferior to Pinkie Pie would you? Not to mention that Pinkie Pie won last year. You must vote for Dashie. If you don't this will be what she thinks, and you won't want that, would you?

2hfsz60.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

On the contrary! It's Pinkie that you don't want to upset. Remember what happened when she feared that nopony liked her? She became Pinkamena; how could you live with letting that happen?

She might sneak into your room late at night...

img-1349343-1-creeping_insanity_by_raiko

^ So yeah, to avoid that, you should really vote for her. ;)

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 1

On the contrary! It's Pinkie that you don't want to upset. Remember what happened when she feared that nopony liked her? She became Pinkamena; how could you live with letting that happen?

She might sneak into your room late at night...

creeping_insanity_by_raikoh14-d4mnvkc.jp

Well good sir, if that happens, I'd cradle Pinkamena, and give her the biggest hug ever, until she's back to her usual poofy mane, random, Pinkie Pie persona.

On the contrary! It's Pinkie that you don't want to upset. Remember what happened when she feared that nopony liked her? 

Rainbow Dash helped her get back to normal? I remember that very well. It was great of Dashie to be so determined to snap Pinkie out of her funk :)

rd_looking_to_the_sky___collab_with_dart

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Dashheads unite! All votes must go to Dashie. You wouldn't want her to feel inferior to Pinkie Pie would you? Not to mention that Pinkie Pie won last year. You must vote for Dashie. If you don't this will be what she thinks, and you won't want that, would you?

img-1349331-1-2hfsz60.jpg

>wants you to vote for dashie

>has pinkie pie avatar

>lolwut?

Oh, forums, how you confuse me so. 

So, got another Pinkie Pie image. Found this one by searching 'Pinkie Pie Epic'

pinkie_pie_and_the_fourth_wall_by_atomic

Edited by Velvet Remedy
  • Brohoof 3

C'mon everyone vote for the best pony out of the 2... you know Pinkie Pie... 

EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH A LITTLE PINK!

(But Applejack is still best pony...)

• Brohoof 4

Rainbow Dash helped her get back to normal? I remember that very well. It was great of Dashie to be so determined to snap Pinkie out of her funk smile.png

It was the least she could do to repay Pinkie Pie finding the flight spell that would lead to her actually succeeding at her Young Flyer's contest :)

pinkie_pie_high_in_the_sky_by_speckledmi

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if there actually ARE people just waiting to vote until adorable pictures from either side convince them. I figure most people vote before checking the 38th page of a thread..but still we must not falter! Or waver! Or loaf! It is up to us to convince the world the Pinkie has a win streak for a reason!

It's because she's wonderful.

9X1Qy.png

tumblr_mdnsfyyyqA1rtm6njo1_500.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I voted Rainbow Dash, because Flipturn's Pinkamena picture scared me so much. Nice Job Breaking It, Pinkie Fan. ;) No seriously, I voted for RD because Pinkie won the last competition. And because Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 3