Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unforgettable Day

Ice Storm

"Hey Colt, Iron, who's your friend? I don't remember seeing her before?" she asked politely.

Duran was a bit scared as everpony looked into Emi´s direction. He had counted two unicorns and one alicorn, all able to detect magic, or at least he thought that way. Since he was a magic entity hidden within fur, he didn´t feel very good around creatures like that. He suggested that if these ponies would find out what he was, they were scared or could hate him for what he was. So he prefered to stay hidden within the fluffy mane of Emi. I never thought that this much -friends- would show up... also the magical ones... he thought. Until now nopony had seen him and he would love if it could stay this way. Emi stepped forward and started to introduce herself and it looked like everything went smooth. The lynx believed that until Colt poked Emi into her flank...

“Also… Luna I must say it’s a so good to meet you, me and my family we all have been a very big fan of your night’s and stars since long time ago and we are so glad we can see your art once agahhhh HEY!!” Emi interrupted her words with a screech that was caused by a poke on her ribs from the claw of an awakened dragon.

Duran was startled as Emi screeched like that and jumped into the air with a loud "Meow!" , landing in front of Emi and his face down to the ground. He got up again and looked directly to Luna who wasn´t far away now. He looked around and noticed that he could be seen from everypony now. This just can´t be true... if i close my eyes and open them up again... darn, i am really in the middle of everypony... he thought. This was kind of embarrassing and he didn´t like to be seen just like that. The alicorn called Luna had powerful magic, Duran just could feel it. Also the unicorn called "Ice Storm" had some unique abilities, and now this mare was the new sister of Iron Wing. And her friend "Daylight" was an unicorn who used light magic. Bah! He didn´t like that one before even knowing him. He knew he should not judge anypony just like that, but he had a bad feeling about the golden stallion. Didn´t Iron mention that he was a detective? Great...

He looked back to the dragon who caused this situation he was in now and gave him an "i-will-eat-you-when-you-sleep" stare. Of course the lynx had the ability to adapt to most situations, and his quick thinking led him to just one option. Cuteness power activate! With big cat eyes he looked around, licking his fur and observing everpony unsure where to go. He looked to Iron Wing who just grinned, offering her saddlebag to hide with a smooth gesture. He would love to get into the saddlebag, but just to run to Iron Wing was suspicious, like it was planned. Because this "Daylight" could see him, he decided to act like a normal "cat". He walked a bit around, slowly coming near Iron, trying not to stand out too much. Of course this was difficult after a landing like that, but acting normal could probably the solution to everything. Damn you Colt... Be sure that i will get my revenge on this one. he thought. Not too far and he would reach Iron Wing...

• Brohoof 1

Although he had been mostly paying attention to the actions between Emi and Colt, something seemed to have appeared from somewhere in Emi’s mane and was now lying face down on the floor in front of Emihaving been startled by Emi’s loud and unexpected screech.

At first glance, it looked like an any ordinary cat, and looked away not giving it second thought until he realized that he thought he saw something. However when he looked again it was too late as it seemed to have reverted to it’s normal cat-like self.

Funny... I could have sworn I thought I saw that cat give Colt a death stare...” He thought to himself rather puzzled. The reason he hadn't noticed initially was because to him it was a rather unusual thing for a cat to do something like that.

Now watching the cat very closely, it was slowly walking towards Iron’s open saddlebag again acting just like a cat but... there was something that seemed off to him about it. It just did not feel natural to him, as if the cat didn't actually know how to act like a real cat... as if it was putting on an act...

It was then that he realised he had overlooked something crucial that meant there was no way this creature was just a simple cat, or a cat at all for that matter.

@@Iron Wing
“Hey Iron...” he began slowly. “That’s your pet right? Exactly... where did you get it?” He asked rather suspiciously.

Edited by Dave247

“It’s ok Electro,” He said to him quietly with a grin. “It’s my fault as I was supposed to go round to your place yesterday to remind you about today but Ice kept me busy helping her out with the shop all day and by the time I had finished in the late afternoon I had completely forgotten. It’s a good thing you just happened to stop by then today...” He trailed off as a knock on the door had distracted him. He looked over in that direction and saw Iron Wing as well as Colt standing there. He also thought he saw something white trying to hide itself behind Colt, but he was distracted by Ice as she greeted them.

As soon as he heard Daylight speak up, he shook his head and cleared his face from his surprise as he heard that Day was supposed to remind him before having gotten caught up and forgetting. After he finished speaking, he heard a knock on the door, like Day had, Turning around to look at the door, he saw Iron Wing and Colt entering the building. Before he could greet them, however, Ice had already done so, before introducing them to Princess Luna. Just like when he had entered the building and saw Luna unexpectedly, she then began to kneel down to the princess.

After that, Luna then began to speak, telling Iron what she had told him when he first saw her. Luna had come to Ponyville to pay Ice Storm a visit, after having finally found the time to get out of the castle. It was then that she had heard about the reunion and had wondered if it would be alright if she came along with Ice. At this, Iron Wing was deep in thought about whether or not to allow Luna to join in. Sure, it was an unexpected visit, but Luna was a nice pony. He wouldn't mind at all if Luna came along, but the one to decide was Iron Wing.

After a bit of time, Iron Wing finally spoke up, saying that Luna could indeed come along, before saying that she was here as a Grayhoove knight, and not a Guard of the Royal Army. After hearing the acceptance, Luna thanked Iron. But what happened next surprised him: Luna suddenly knelt down to Iron Wing and began to apologize to her. Surprised at this, Electrobolt's eyes widened a bit. *What? Why is Luna apologizing to Iron Wing?* he thought. *What's going on here? What is there to apologize about? And what does she mean that she failed Iron?*

It was then that Iron seemed confused at all of this, before having asked Luna to rise. After that, she had asked why Luna was apologizing to her, in which the princess then started to explain why. As Luna explained everything, he was shocked. Never had he heard of anything like this before. Even after having returned to normal and regaining control of the moon, she was no longer affiliated with the Royal Army. Even though it was true that she had been Nightmare Moon before, she was friendly now. In fact, he had doubts that anything like that would ever happen again.

Once she had finished speaking, Electrobolt shook his head to wipe the surprise off his face. However, the look of surprise wasn't completely gone as he looked over to Iron Wing. As he looked at the mare, she seemed to be deep in thought, most likely trying to think of what to make of all this. As she sighed and closed her eyes, he began to feel slightly nervous, but this didn't show as his look of slight surprise remained on his face. Once Iron opened her eyes, though, she then spoke, accepting Luna's apology, before requesting to not be formal about this and then saying that everypony deserves a second chance.

Just as Luna did, Electrobolt let out a small sigh as the crisis seemed to have been averted. Luna then spoke, some more, before casting a spell on herself to change her appearance. Although he wasn't expecting it, he just shook it off as this way, she looked like the rest of the group. Well, except for the fact that she still had wings and a horn, but that's not really important. Just then, Luna spoke once more as she stated that for today, she would be just another pony for today, as opposed to being a princess. She then added that for today, she would appreciate the title of "princess" to be dropped for the day.

He would have said something to Luna then, but then Ice had spoken up, asking Colt and Iron who their friend was. It was only then that after a bit, a pegasus mare came out from behind the dragon, who seemed to be like a statue, and introduced herself as Earth Miracle. She then added that she'd like to be called Emi, instead. *Well, Emi does roll off the tongue easier than Earth Miracle, heh...* he thought to himself. She continued to speak, getting to talking about Luna when suddenly she had been grabbed suddenly by Colt, who then began to act nervously.

“Some family they are huh?” he lent over and whispered to Electrobolt and gestured to Colt and Earth inconspicuously.

Looking over to Daylight, as he gestured over to Colt and Emi when he whispered to the young colt, Electrobolt chuckled silently and whispered, "Heh, yeah..." Just then, he had heard a meowing sound as his ears perked up. *What was that?* he thought, looking around the room before his eyes caught sight of a little kitten. As soon as he saw the feline, his face warmed up as he thought, *Such an adorable kitten!* As he watched the little feline slowly approaching Iron, he thought, *Aw, the little guy must be shy...* It was then that Daylight then spoke up, asking Iron Wing about the cat.

“Hey Iron...” he began slowly. “That’s your pet right? Exactly... where did you get it?” He asked rather suspiciously.

When Daylight asked Iron about the cat, he could tell he had a suspicious tone. *Why is he sounding so suspicious about the little guy?* he wondered, looking at him a bit confused. But right now, he couldn't tell what was running through the mind of the detective, so he just remained silent. In his mind, however, he thought, *If you ask me... I just think the little guy is just shy... But wait... Where did he come from in the first place...?* This new question in mind, he recalled Daylight mentioning that the kitten was Iron's pet. *So he's Iron's kitten, huh? I never knew she had one before...*

• Brohoof 1

It wouldn´t take long and Duran would reach Irons saddlebag... grinning that no pony payed attention to him, he was nearly satisfied with this "act". But his good mood was a bit too soon as Daylight watched him and then asked Iron Wing where she found the lynx. Darn... why did i knew that this wouldn´t be that easy?

Duran stopped for a second with the movement, quickly regained his concentration and sniffled a bit in the air. Then he made a little jump into Irons saddlebag. As Iron lifted the saddlebag from the ground, he looked carefully outside, just to look at Daylight, analysing his mood, stance and expression. For a little lynx he had a very serious expression, but as careful as he was, nopony else else could see him like that, just Daylight if he kept an eye on the saddlebag. He hoped that Iron didn´t reveal anything suspicious about him, but he had trust in her. So he stayed within the saddlebag and looked just with his head out, looking as cute as possible.

Iron Wing looked to Daylight, knowing that he sensed something from Duran. How to defuse this situation? She didn´t want to lie to Day, but she didn´t want to explain to everypony that the lynx was a magical creature she found on a dangerous quest. She decided to use the best method for a situation like this. She simplified the story to the important parts and just didn´t tell about details, so she wouldn´t have to lie at all but with that she could ensure that Duran wasn´t exposed literally in front of Princess Luna. Dave for sure would feel that something was strange about her story and the way she would explain that, but he would perhaps understand that Iron just didn´t want to talk about it in front of everypony.

"Well, on a little adventure i had some years ago i found something similar like a... like a cave, yes. Adn within the depths of this cave i found him. He was feeling kind of lonely and after we got to knew each other better, i took him home with me. He is a bit stuborn but very clever, and we are good friends now. Right Duran?" she explained and looked at the little cat. Duran just nodded a bit, nose-snuggling with his owner. The lynx quickly stretched out his tongue in Daylights direction. What could he possibly say against a story like that? Iron hadn´t told him any details, and something similar like that had happened for real. Of course he knew that he should be more stealthy about the detective pony, but he had the urge to annoy this damn golden unicorn. Well, just look at you. What are you, a fashion pony who fell into a tub of golden dye? Duran thought, while looking to Daylight. Then he looked to Colt. Yeah, just stay there crocodyle. I will make a handbag or a wallet from your skin one day! he mumbled more to himself.

• Brohoof 2

Ice Storm listened as the white pegasus mare began to introduce herself as Colt's younger sister, Earth Miracle. She quickly added that she preferred to be called Emi though. She addressed Luna first, stating that it was as pleasure to meet all of them, and apologized to Luna stating that sometimes her brother wasn't used to unexpected royalty. Something that elected a small giggle from Luna. "Well then, it's a good thing I'm not royalty today then," she said with a bright beaming smile. The two of them also listened as she stated that she was grateful to them for keeping her brother safe during the fight with the winds.

This time it was Ice's turn to speak up. "It was my pleasure Emi. I'd never leave anypony, or any dragon behind. I've felt enough of that myself to know how much it hurts when someone leaves you behind..." she stated feeling a bit down. She then felt Daylight nuzzle her, and she turned towards him. She remembered last night and she instantly felt better. Definitely have to do that again at some point. I haven't had that much fun in a long time, she said giggling at herself still looking in his direction.

It was then that Emi started mentioning that her and her brother were big fans of Luna's night, and Colt poked her in the ribs causing her to squeal a bit. Ice couldn't help but suppress a small giggle and she could see Luna doing the same. Cold then added that they were indeed big fans and then added that it appeared that he couldn't handle himself around royalty. Luna quickly replied, "Again it's a good thing that I'm not royalty then today, so everypony should be just fine!" she said as a lynx popped out of Emi's mane and gave the dragon a death glare. Luna and Ice both smiled at the cute little cat. It had obviously been disturbed from a nap of sorts, though how Emi managed to fit it in her mane, was a mystery. It took everything that Ice had not to tackle the lynx right there and begin playing with it. The simple fact that she knew it had claws though was the thing that made her hold back.

Then Daylight asked about where Iron got her pet, and she proceeded to answer. Stated that she had found him in an abandoned cave, and after a while they began to get to know each other and he kinda followed her home. Wait, get to know each other? That's a bit odd, Ice thought to herself. Then again, as long as a pony had food, it wouldn't be that difficult. She let out a small giggle. "Well, the easiest way to get to know anything is by giving it food," she said with a laugh before her face went straight again. "That is, assuming that the thing you're offering the food to isn't interpreting you as being the food, then that wouldn't be so good," she stated before her deadpan face broke and she herself broke down into some giggles of her own. Luna just facehooved and tuned to Iron.

"I think that it is a lovely creature, and that he had found an amazing owner. I'm sure you two will do well together," she stated before looking back to Ice who had nearly stopped with her giggling. At that she and Ice both turned to Daylight who had mentioned about being close to time to head, out. Ice was about to mention the fact that they were missing somepony when Day caught himself.

"Yup, we're all ready on this end. We just need Alex to get here and then we should be good," Ice stated giving Luna and Iron the biggest possible smile that she could put on her face. This was going to be a good day.

• Brohoof 3

img-1217710-1-msg-9346-0-26760100-136193

While the attention of the ponies around was over her furry little feline the white pegasus began her scold towards his brother whispering all her complains with a very annoyed attitude. “What were you thinking poking me like that” she said hitting the belly of the dragon with a hoof. “And what was all that freezing and acting like a fool in front every pony what is wrong with you” Emi kept on with her grumbles to his brother with eyes sharp as the blades of the royal army.

Colt knew the terrible gaze that his sister was shooting towards him and taking the fact that no pony seamed to be going anywhere he took the chance to get rid of some of the bad Karma he was attaining from his sister “Chill down ok I just get a little episode from… back then Ill explain to you latter ok now let me introduce the others to you." He said taking her to greet Ice, Day, and Bolt in more than a general way.

First he walked to both Daylight and Elecrto while the other mares were talking about that annoying fur ball. “Emi this is Daylight he just moved back to Ponyville, he used to work as a detective and he holds some great healing magic in that horn.” Colt told to his sister remembering how he healed his wing when they first met on the Everfree Forest. “He also packs a very powerful punch in there so don’t make him angry”. The white mare a little less angry smiled to the unicorn with kind eyes. “And this young stallion is Electrobolt, the youngest of the team B, but don’t let those years fool you sis this fellow has some of the biggest guts I have seen in a pony and he risk it all to save his parents” Emi beamed when Colt said this the dragon knew that detail would be of her sister liking, there he gave the mare the chance to step into the chat.

post-9346-0-47962900-1364634321.png

”Its so good to finally met you, Colt told me about you on his letters this past weeks, and I was looking forward to know you all ” she said with a true smile in her face. “Normaly is very difficult for him to get around with ponies but since he arrived to this town things have been going a lot better…at least for him” she said with a little burden.Also if he turned to be a bother to you sorry for that, he can be a real pain in the flank”

“Emi… Im still here” said the dragon with a poker face unable to get angry with her, after all this was part of her payback “Oh I know you silly”. The dragon then looked to Ice and took Emi those few steps towards Luna’s protégée “And this Icy mare is the responsible of us still being here” he continued with the introduction “Thanks to her we were able to come back…all that went after the winds in the forest was just ridiculous”.

“Well you all better told me that story at some moment given that most of those details never got to the newspaper”  Emi said with curiosity feeling a lot more relaxed around the group,

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 3

A crash had ensued inside the Great Oaks Library, sending books flying from their shelves.  The crash had shook the entire libary and among the heap of feathers and hooves were a pile of non-fiction books clustered around Alex.  He was dazed and confused as he lay there upside-down.  After what felt like an eternity, Alex shook his head to receive clarity in his mind.  "Uggghhh, darn it Iron Wing...  Couldn't she see that I was in the middle of...."  Alex started off as he got up to his hooves.  

He stopped in mid-sentence as he looked around the area that he was in.  He saw that in his out-of-control flight, he had created a huge mess of books cluttered all around the library.  "Oh no...  Oh no, this is not good at all.  Twilight is gonna cook my feathers."  Alex said to himself, finding himself having a cold sweat.  Twilight was the last pony he wanted to make angry since he had heard stories of Twilight's temperament from Rainbow Dash.  Alex looked around the library and decided to get started on putting the books back in their respective places.  The problem was he wasn't exactly sure how she had arranged all of the books in the library.

"Ohhhh boy..."  Alex said to himself as he began working on putting books away deciding to start with the non-fiction section that he had crashed into.  "Gotta finish before Twilight comes back."  Alex thought to himself as he had already put away ten books with his speed.

• Brohoof 2

"Yup, we're all ready on this end. We just need Alex to get here and then we should be good," Ice stated giving Luna and Iron the biggest possible smile that she could put on her face. This was going to be a good day.

"I saw him some minutes ago, so i guess he is on his way here right now..." she replied to Ice. But then she started to walk around the shop and looking at everything. It was the first time that she had seen Ice´s shop and where she lived and so she got interested of course. She looked at the nice decoration, the tables the painting on the walls and everything gave her the impression to stand in an arctic tundra. Not that she had been in a tundra that frosty until now, but she knew how something like it would look like. "So, coffee in the middle of a frosty landscape? Thats a nice idea Ice!" she said smiling to her little sister. "I can construct buildings and make some simple paintings and restoration work, but something with a detail level like that... i can´t do something like it... so i am very impressed. It´s a very unique style and i am sure it will run very good!" Iron said, looking at some snowflakes hanging on a table. "So when is your grand opening?" she asked.

"I think that it is a lovely creature,

Duran looked at the alicorn pony from the saddlebag he was in. At least she knows true beauty. where his thoughts. He looked around in the saddlebag if he could find something useful. He found a paper and some crayons Iron kept in there for her younger sister Dazzling. He pulled out some crayons and started to draw a picture of Colt and how he would look if he was turned into a saddlebag. Yeah, dragon leather surely is in fashion... he thought and finished his little picture. He then scrunched up the paper into a ball and looked out of the saddlebag. Well lets see... no wind... distance... 6 meters... power adjusted... bombs away! he thought and threw the paper ball onto Colts head. He didn´t knew if he would see what was in the picture, but if he got it, he would get the idea. Duran grinned a bit... but then... What if another pony would read the paper? Oh well, nopony has seen that i threw that thing.... he finished his thoughts.

• Brohoof 2

"For a start this is not that bad" thought the dragon as his pegasus sister began to chat with his friends "... well even if she is making me look back " his mind completed while looking at her. This was just part of what he was giving to her, just the very finest tip of the iceberg. He was just to try and interrupt her conversation, because what went on the way back from the quest was kind of embarrassing for the dragon but just as he was to do so, a "threat" aproach flying directly to his head.

Trained reflexes are sometimes a bother, even more when trying to be "normal" among ponies but this time his experienced reactions were useful to say the least. With a swift and almost "pre-programmed" movement the claw of the dragon facing Iron Wing intercepted the "paper bullet" targeting him. Colt turned his sight to the mischievous lynx showing no really surprise in relation to the "rudeness" of the feline. "This is the best you can do furball?" he thought in direction of Duran "Go back to vermin kindergarten, throwing little notes is just as pathetic as your ridiculous fake-cuteness act " the dragon completed the aggression in his mind while throwing the piece of paper to the trash can that was just at the side of Daylight's hooves

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

~~Ice Storm/Luna~~

Ice Storm and Luna both listened as Colt went around and introduced his sister to everypony. He started off by introducing her to Daylihgt stating that he was a detective and that he had just moved back to Ponyville. He added that he packed a mean punch and that making him angry wasn't a good idea, He followed by introducing electro, stated that he was the youngest member of the group, but had some of the most guts he'd ever seen. Ice could only giggle at the response, and Luna could only smile.

Emi then said that she was happy to meet all of them, that Colt had mentioned all of them in his letters to her, and that she was happy that they all helped him even though he could be a pain in the flank at times, which made both Ice and Luna giggle a bit. "Oh he wasn't that bad, he saved my flank on more than one occasion," Ice smiled. "Of which, I am most grateful for," Luna added.

Then Cold brought Emi over to her and told her that she was the one responsible for everypony coming home, and that she was the one that lead the fight agaisnt the winds. the intro made her blush quite a bit. "Aww, it was nothing, honest. Anypony else could have done just as well as I did in that position," She responded.

"Well, I don't know. You're a pretty strong pony, and very strong willed. There was a reason I told Celestia to search for you specifically here when we found out what happened," Luna replied.

"That's just it though, I wouldn't have been able to do any of what I was able to do if it wasn't for everypony else. Every pony was just as important in the quest as myself. Yeah, I could make my ice into weapons, but it was the friendships, the relationships that I formed with everypony that developed with everypony," she added smiling to Iron Wing, then to Daylight, "That gave me a majority of my strength. I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them," she finished her smile spreading to everypony and the dragon.

It was about that time that Ice also noticed Iron walking around her shop, seemingly inspecting it. Her comment made her giggle about about coffee in a frosty landscape was a neat idea. She continued to say that she could make and built things without any issues, but she could never do anything as detailed as this. "Neither could I, which was why I hires the best contractors I could. My hooves are far to shaky for painting something in detail like this. I'd end up with more paint on me than the walls. Luna... knows this from experience when she let me try to help her revitalize her room in the castle..." she smiled. The next sentence though kinda caught her off guard, and deep inside kinda stung a little. She asked when the grand opening was. Remind me to fire the marketing group I hired... she thought to herself Oh yeah... I can't... I'm the marketing group... she remembered with a sigh. "Actually Iron, I've been open for about two years now. I opened it up right when I moved here, and while I do sell coffee, my primary business deals in frozen treats; Ice cream, smoothies, soda floats, snow cones, and the like. It's usually quite busy, and I'm thankful that it's taken off a lot better here in Ponyville than it did when I had it in Canterlot," she finished in a bright smile. "Would everypony like to try one of my frozen creations while we're waiting on Alex?" she asked everypony in the room.

~~Twilight~~

After finishing her lunch at the Café, Twilight stood up, and began to head back to the Library. She had some important lessons that the princess had sent to her that she needed to begin working on and she was sure that Princess Celestia was going to be testing her on the shortly. She levitated some bits out of her bag and left them on the table of the Café. Hmm, I think I might grab my books and study at the park today. The weather is quite nice," she thought to herself as she passed by Ice Storm's shop. It had received quite a bit more attention since she'd saved everypony from the winds. She couldn't help but be happy for her, and a bit amazed as well. not many could be called upon for that and come out ahead. She reminded her of herself a bit. When she passed by the window though, she was amazed at the large group of ponies in her shop, and among them... was Princess Luna! and she was in her other form. She also noticed that the sign on the door said closed. This baffled Twilight. Why was the princess here? and why was Ice's shop closed with so many ponies in it?

As much as she wanted to investigate though, she respected their privacy and decided to head back to her Library. As she approached her library though, she noticed a whole in the top, and it looked like something had crashed through. She quickly booked in through the door and looked inside to see Alex surrounded by a pile of books. Her face instantly went deadpan. "Really Alex?" she stated in a slightly annoyed tone. "I'm used to this from Rainbow, but she doesn't really need any help turning my library upside down." No sooner had she finished her statement, as if on cue, she heard a familiar scream before another hole appeared in her wall. She only managed to catch a glimpse as the cyan pegasus smashed into her other bookshelves knocking all remaining books on the floor. With a sigh and a face hoof. "My point," she stated looking at the two pegasi.

Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Duran the lynx

"This is the best you can do furball?" he thought in direction of Duran

Duran grinned, "listening" to Colts thoughts. It was so fun with the dragon around, better than some lonely days he spend in Ponyville watching the ponies who interacted with each other. The sound of the inner voice from the dragon feeled like a new challenge, and the lynx would take this challenge of course. It was a bit strange, since he sometimes hated the dragon for just being... him. Perhaps this was a mixture of feelings that changed again and again. Sometimes he couldn´t really say if he liked or disliked Colt. Perhaps he just wasn´t used to be around a dragon...

"Go back to vermin kindergarten, throwing little notes is just as pathetic as your ridiculous fake-cuteness act " the dragon completed the aggression in his mind while throwing the piece of paper to the trash can that was just at the side of Daylight's hooves

Duran looked at Colt with an offended expression on his face. The cat knew that sometimes his jokes where located on an edge he should not step over, but he never insulted Colt directly. He didn´t care for the moment if some pony could sense the little magic he used to speak into Colts mind. “That... actually hurt... Listen, until now I didn´t insult you directly… but since you call me a vermin, you should look into the mirror... Even if my cuteness act is a mere fake, my fake is more believable than… oh, forget it.” He said to him. Since he knew Colt, he was most of the time friendly to him, played with his tail and was happy to have someone who strokes his fur sometimes. But since the damn dragon returned from a jaunt with Iron Wing, the dragon had changed a bit. Of course, Duran´s actions also were sometimes questionable, like the drawing he made earlier, but he always made jokes the funny way and not the harming way. Also Colt was the one who send him flying into the room by poking Emi.

This just wasn´t fair! he thought vor himself. “You could have told me that you don´t like little jokes BEFORE insulting me like that. I just hate you now...” he added finally for the dragon, thinking about Colts reaction. Within the saddlebag, he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms like being sulky. That’s right… everyone is mean… except Emi and Iron. But… perhaps those other ones will have some fun with me? He looked out of the saddlebag one more time, directly to the golden Unicorn. Perhaps… a detective is more fun than a dragon? I bet he can endure and understand more jokes than the dragon. Also the one called “Electrobolt” seems like a funny one…  Perhaps he wants to play some awesome games or likes drawings?

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

“That... actually hurt... Listen, until now I didn´t insult you directly…

"Oh!, thats good to know, I finally find a weak spot beneath that "fur" you have covering your act"  the dragon mind echoed towards the lynx, there were some reasons behind Colt's new attitude towards the lynx but to be fair must of it were just suspicions about the feline more than anything else. 

“You could have told me that you don´t like little jokes BEFORE insulting me like that. I just hate you now...”

"You could told me you were part of that damned cu..."  Colt stopped his thoughts in that second knowing it was not clever to reveal what he was suspicious about "... cult of adoring my little sister you crazy cat keep your distance from her, and Im fine with your despise that way I wont feel regrets when I kick your ass up to the moon when we get to round two "  a now open challenge was shot by the dragon to the little kitty. "Good thing this is in my mind otherwise everypony would think Im threatening a small little furball" he completed with a snort an a silly face as he listen to the REAL words spoken by Luna Ice and Iron about the shop and even more important the treats and drinks of the place.

"Would everypony like to try one of my frozen creations while we're waiting on Alex?"

Leaving the mental conversation with the annoying pest Colt was happy, VERY happy to have the chance to try some of Ice's cold delicatessens and knowing his sister the way he did it was also a very good chance to "smooth"  here down, she had a natural weakness for ice-cream. "I would try a smoothie Ice, if its not a bother do you have any southern fruit flavor?" he asked hoping for her to say yes, "And also Im sure Emi would love some of your ice-cream, if you have black or blue berries flavor she will love you for ever" he added knowing the tastes of the white pegasus. "What about you Cel... Iron do you want something Its on me", he almost made a mistake good thing he stopped his tongue before it was too late.

Emi that was listening to all of this waiting for the answers of Electro and Daylight changed her smile to a little frown as she listen the offering from his brother to Iron Wing. "Its on me" she whispered mocking the dragon.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

As Electrobolt looked at Daylight, confused at his suspicion about the little feline, he then heard Iron start to speak. As she spoke, she gave a short explanation about how she came across the feline, who's name was now known as Duran. After the explanation, he saw Duran snuggle Iron. At this, the young colt was smiling, unable to hold it back at the adorable sight. *Heheh... Duran's so cute...* he thought, the smile still on his face. However, he got snapped out of it as he heard Colt introducing Daylight to Emi. As soon as he could, he straightened his face out, before Colt got to him.

“And this young stallion is Electrobolt, the youngest of the team B, but don’t let those years fool you sis this fellow has some of the biggest guts I have seen in a pony and he risk it all to save his parents”

When Colt told Emi about him, the way he described him caused Electrobolt to blush a bit. Right now, he was at a loss of words as to what he would say. So he just stood there, blushing and looking like a fool of sorts, when Emi spoke up shortly after. When she spoke, she had said that he can sometimes be a real pain, he shook his head and chuckled lightly. It was then that he heard Ice saying that he wasn't a pain, and that he saved her flank a few times. It was then that Colt introduced Ice to Emi, who then asked if she could hear more about what happened.

As Ice began to speak to Emi, Electrobolt closed his eyes momentarily to reflect a bit on what all happened before. Sure, there were plenty of dangerous moments, but there were also plenty of good moments. One such moment that was fresh in his mind was when they all got to the cave the first night, and he was trying to warm up by doing exercises. All that did was wear him out with minimal warmth, though. Just then, Daylight, who was drained from using his light magic to find the cave, inched up close to him to share the warmth by sharing the blanket with him. When he opened his eyes, he looked to Daylight with a friendly smile.

Just then, Ice spoke up, asking if anypony would like one of her treats while waiting for Alex. At this, he nodded, although he wasn't sure whether Ice would have seen that. Then, looking back to Emi, he remembered that he didn't speak to her. Sighing, he thought, *Whoops... Probably not a good way to make a first impression...* Shaking his head, he began to approach Emi. "Um, it's nice to finally meet you, Emi. And as Ice said, Colt wasn't a bother for us. But, hmm..." Looking back to Ice, he recalled her offer for her frozen treats. "How about we talk some more over one of Ice's treats? Her snow cones are really good!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

As Daylight waited for Iron to reply to his question he continued to keep a close eye on the cat with the intent of trying to pick up anything that might seem a bit off. He followed it’s movements as he casually jumped into Iron’s saddlebag, which she then hoisted onto to her back. The cat then peaked his head out and looked directly at him, rather seriously. “I know that look.... It’s the same one I have on my face right now. That cat is studying me...” He thought. It wasn't until iron started to speak that he finally looked away.

"Well, on a little adventure i had some years ago i found something similar like a... like a cave, yes. Adn within the depths of this cave i found him. He was feeling kind of lonely and after we got to knew each other better, i took him home with me. He is a bit stuborn but very clever, and we are good friends now. Right Duran?" she explained and looked at the little cat. Duran just nodded a bit, nose-snuggling with his owner.

He frowned. Clearly, she was deliberately hiding something as although she did answer his question, it was not the answer that he had wanted, or expected for that matter either, as they had all become rather close during the time they had spent together and this was the first time Iron wasn't open about something. Out of respect, he said nothing in return as he did not wish to push the matter any further at the current moment especially in front of everypony else. He looked back at Duran who in turn was looking right back at him again but this time, he got the feeling he was being mocked for some reason.

Daylight then looked around the room to see if anypony else had noticed something strange about Duran. Electro seemed mesmerized by the cuteness, and Ice had broken into a fit of giggles, which Luna made up for by giving a general kind response. He sighed and shook his head. It seemed like it was up to him to get to the bottom of this mystery. Everypony else didn't seem to have noticed anything strange... except for Colt...

He was slightly startled when he realised Colt was just then standing right in front of him with Emi, introducing her to all of them. He had been too busy wrapped up in his thoughts.

Daylight he just moved back to Ponyville, he used to work as a detective and he holds some great healing magic in that horn.” Colt told to his sister remembering how he healed his wing when they first met on the Everfree Forest. “He also packs a very powerful punch in there so don’t make him angry”. The white mare a little less angry smiled to the unicorn with kind eyes.

“Uhh... only if it’s something I really care about.” He said sheepishly in response while rubbing the back of his head with his hoof. He wasn't able to say anything else though as they had moved on to greet the others. He watched as all Electro could do was stand there and blush, making a real fool of himself. A thought then popped into his head. “Hmmm... I wonder...” He thought, grinning to himself as he continued to watch Electro for a moment who had closed his eyes and seemed to be reflecting on something.

Day then looked back to Emi and Colt to see that they were now talking with Ice. He listened in as Ice tried to downplay the role she played in the group, which Luna didn't help with.

That’s my Ice...” He said softly to himself as he listened to her response. It was those values that he adored in her as they were very similar to his own. As she turned to smile at Iron, and then him, he smiled warmly back.

Day then turned to look around the room again and looked over to see what Duran was up to. At first, he seemed to be hidden away in Iron’s saddlebag, but then he suddenly saw his head peak out, and eye Colt’s head intently. To his utter amazement, Duran then proceeded to throw up a scrunched up paper ball that was directed at Colt, only for him to react and catch it before it hit him. He watched as he turned to glare to at the cat, then without even looking at what was on the paper threw it into the bin which just so happened to be right next to where he was standing. Day was stunned momentarily, and didn't know what to think about what just happened. It was when he heard a question from Emi that he was able to shfit his mind to something else to think about.

@@Colt

“Well you all better told me that story at some moment given that most of those details never got to the newspaper” Emi said with curiosity feeling a lot more relaxed around the group,

“If you want to know what happened Emi I can tell you but... it will probably take a good while so I might not be able to finish it all now in time before we have to leave. There was this one funny thing Colt did that he probably didn't tell you about.” He smirked to himself. “When Colt first arrived... it was early morning and we were all asleep in a cave, and Colt just waltzed in and terrified us all. It wasn't until Iron came and identified him that did we start to relax, only a little. You see the problem was that Colt couldn't remember who Iron was, but he knew she was somepony important to him so... he punched himself in the head using what little magic he had. I also forgot to mention that when he came to us, he was tired and injured, which I healed partly.” He paused for a moment and looked into the distance thoughtfully as he recalled the morning in more detail. “Those two... you should have seen them... Iron was angry, but also relieved to see him again. As for Colt... I think he just relieved to finally have a place to rest. But from the way Iron had reacted to what he did... He really must be something special to her...” He trailed off in thought.

“There was a bunch of other drama that happened shortly afterwards that was the result of that but... you probably wouldn't want to be hearing about that though.” He said sheepishly, rushing the last bit. “Why am I always so bad at hiding things...” he thought to himself.

Daylight looked away, not wanting to continue the conversation after having put his hoof in it. He saw that Electro had finally stopped reflecting on whatever it was that he was think about, and was looking over at him smiling. He smiled back, and it was then he remembered the events of the previous night where he had shared his blanket with Electro, and then later the next day how he had been the first one to come out after him.

He then overheard Ice talking talking about her shop to the others, before offering them all something while they were still waiting for Alex. “I’ll help!” He said eagerly to Ice. He liked it when he had the opportunity to help Ice around the shop as she was so flat out some days that the extra pair of hooves got things done much quicker. “Where is Alex anyway... he should have been here by now” he wondered. Absentmindedly, and not being aware of his surroundings, he took a step forward towards Ice and the counter and tripped over the trash can knocking it over. “Ooof!” he cried, as he fell to the ground with a thud.

“I’m ok... just a bit clumsy sometimes.” he said with a grin trying to cover his embarrsement as he got up and dusted himself off. Luckily there bin was empty as it had been emptied last night except for one scrunched up bit of paper. Not realizing what it was at first, Day levitated it up to face height and locked it over carefully. He could see that seemed to be something drawn on it so using his magic, he straightened out the paper and it was only then by seeing the drawing that he remembered what it was. Again, he was stunned. On the paper, there was a very nicely drawn picture in crayon of a saddlebag, with a dragon head showing a rather stupid expression and to top it all off a tail attached to it as well. “There’s no mistake who this could be.” He thought, looking past the paper which was being levitated in front of him at Colt. “But who... and how...?” He thought as he turned to look at Iron’s saddlebag again, where Duran must of been hiding inside. “Did he... he can’t have though... but what would Iron be doing carrying around a picture like this then...?

His mind was abuz of thoughts, nothing made any sense, except for the fact that Duran was no ordinary cat, for that he could be sure. But as Iron wasn't going to tell him anything, at least for now it was up to him to find out for himself. “It’s possible that Colt knows Duran... but I can’t say that for sure just from this picture. If he knows Emi then there’s a pretty good chance but, it’s nothing solid. There’s only one thing that a mystery like this calls for... a detective!” He thought, starting to feel something he had not for a while.

Day then folded up the paper and carried it with him using his magic as he walked back towards the stairs to the upper levels of the house.

@@Ice Storm

“I’ll be right back Ice. I just need to get... changed.” He said seriously, only stopping briefly to talk then continuing up the stairs. He knew how weird that must sound as he had never worn anything since moving to Ponyville as he had not needed to, but he wondered if she would remember the one set of clothing he told her he always used to wear.

Daylight walked into the bedroom and up to the closest and opened it. Tucked away and nicely folded he found what he was looking for. he took the two articles of clothing out to look at them.

It’s been awhile...” He said to them. He know he must be going crazy talking to his clothes but he had just become so attached to them as he would practically used to wear them every day until he moved back here.

He first put on his white shirt, which he mainly only used for the pockets so he had a place to carry things around in. This is where he slipped the piece of paper that he had carried up with him. He then placed the second article of clothing, his brown cloak over his back. Day was about to close the cupboard when he stopped to look at himself in the mirror. Just seeing himself dressed up in his detective uniform again... it made him feel alive.

Day then closed the cupboard but his outfit was not yet complete. He walked over to the dresser and opened up on of the drawers. Inside was his watch, and his trusty notebook and pencil that he would never go without when he wore his uniform. Taking the three items out, he put his watch on his left, front hoof and tucked his notepad and pencil away in one of his pockets before closing the dresser. With his outfit now complete, he exited the bedroom and started to head back downstairs.

When he reached the the top of the last flight, he stopped momentarily, as he remembered that none of the others, except Ice, had seen him in his Uniform as he had chosen not to wear it to when he left for Ponyville at the start of their faithful adventure. There was nothing he could do about it though so he proceeded to walk down the stairs, wondering if Ice would hear him come down this time or be too busy serving everypony else, something that he should be helping with...

Once Day had reached the ground floor, he immediately walked over to Ice and kissed her on the cheek. “He Icey? Anything you need help with still or have you got it all under control?” He said. He felt empowered, and had a look of confidence on him for a reason he wasn't entirely sure of. “Must be the Uniform...” He thought as he smiled to himself.

Edited by Dave247

Alex had already got done with putting away fifty of the books in Twilight's library.  "Okay, I'm almost done."  Alex said to himself as he grabbed a stack of fifteen books to put away.  It was at this moment that he heard somepony galloping for the library outside.  "Please let it not be Twilight...  Please let it not be Twilight."  Alex said to himself, praying for it not to be true.  Unfortunately, it became true.

He dropped the books that he was holding as he saw Twilight looking back at him and she did not look happy.

"Really Alex?" she stated in a slightly annoyed tone. "I'm used to this from Rainbow, but she doesn't really need any help turning my library upside down."

"Oh, Twilight!  Ummmm, trust me I didn't mean to do this.  Look, I'm cleaning it up right now.  See, I already got fifty books done."  Alex said to her as he tried to explain himself to Twilight Sparkle.  Unfortunately, the situation got worse as he heard a scream coming from the outside and soon enough, there was another crash into the library.  Alex's eyes were fast enough to spot the cyan pegasus that was Rainbow Dash as she crashed into the other books that were not knocked down and made a bigger mess.  She even knocked down half of the books that he had already put up.  Alex gave Twilight a nervous smile.  "Eheheh, I can fix that..."  Alex said to her sheepishly.

• Brohoof 1

post-9346-0-19179300-1364588993.png

While his dragon brother was having his own mental quarrel with certain cute kitty Emi was free to talk with the ponies arround her. They all, with the exception of one, looked like a very nice group and she was eager to know more of them and maybe some extra details about what Colt went through the Nightingale Incident. 

. "Um, it's nice to finally meet you, Emi. And as Ice said, Colt wasn't a bother for us. But, hmm..." Looking back to Ice, he recalled her offer for her frozen treats. "How about we talk some more over one of Ice's treats? Her snow cones are really good!"

While the young colt was talking to her on the background she heard his brother asking for an Ice-cream for her something that made her happy "YES! ice-cream " she thought as she loved the idea but suddenly changed her face as she listened how Iron was getting some too, "grr..." the noise was almost imperceptible and was followed with but she regain her "good mannered" act and tried to shake that off. and Electrobolt's kind idea was perfect for it. "Well yes I would love to get to know you and the rest more, what do you say we have a seat over there" she said pointing to a table on the farthest corner to where Iron Wing was. That was "obiusly not intended"

But from the way Iron had reacted to what he did... He really must be something special to her...”

While slowly trotting at the side of Electro to the table Emi listened to Day's narration of their first encounter with the dragon, needless to say most of his words made her clench her teeth with confusing annoyance.  "He didnt recognize her!, thats not normal of him... regrettably " she thought of that happening again, "That idiot of course he would do something like that... mph why does all of this gets me so mad... ok just relax and keep listening" the mind of the mare kept going on and off in flames while listening to Daylight 's words. "For sure he was not relieved to have a place to crash... he surely went with that lovey dovey stare he always has on her... UGH!" her mind spelled with the last lines from the golden unicorn story. "She!... SPECIAL FOR HER!, what is this guy talking about, im sure that Iron just want him to join her stupid army or something like that" were the ideas in her mind rejecting the idea of the armored tank like mare having REAL feelings for Colt.

"Well... that was surely something I didn't knew about " the alabaster mare said by the moment she was taking a sit in the table with Electro. "And well thanks a lot for taking care of him, I know some times someponies don't have the best reaction towards him because you know... being a dragon but i really appreciate you healed him right there out of the blue " she said with honest eyes and getting a little bit over the ill feelings inside of her. Then Daylight went away and some moments later he was rushing upstairs for something. Oppening the chance to talk to the green earth pony she was now sharing a table with.

"Well Electrobolt, looks like all of you have become a rather close group... oh! thats right" she interrupted her original sentence as flash made her remember something important about this young stallion "You are the one that answered the call of Princess Celestia to help your parents right?" she said with excitement “For us, that means a lot you know, we were very close to them, our parents I mean” she said with admiration towards the actions of Electro. “My brother told me about that in his letter sorry if he was a little bit…imprudent doing so but still taking that responsibility for your family, well I think its very laudable” she giggled a little she was happy to had the chance to know Electro a little better “So tell me are they all right now?” she asked as she turned her head to see if the ice cream was already on its way.

• Brohoof 2

"Would everypony like to try one of my frozen creations while we're waiting on Alex?" she asked everypony in the room.

"Oh yes! This would be good!" Iron replied to Ice, searching for a little table where she could sit next to. "I would like to taste some delicious ice cream if its no problem. Perhaps some chocolate ice..." she started to tell but then she got interrupted. Something poked her on the side. She looked what it could be and looked at Duran. The little lynx wanted some ice too. He jumped on the table and sat down. "... oh... Duran wants to taste some ice too if you don´t mind." Iron giggled a bit, looking at the little cat on the table.

Iron pulled out a little plush mouse on a cord and started to play with Duran. The lynx fully going after it´s instincts, he started to hunt the mouse, trying to bite it or to slap it with his claws. Now he was completely natural without acting anything. After Iron let go of the mouse, Duran came near her and started to cuddle and snarl a bit, showing an extra expression to Colt something like "she is mine and you won´t get a piece of her". But then he calmed a bit down, sitting down on the table, looking like a nice little kitten and waited for the ice cream to arrive.

• Brohoof 1

As Electrobolt was waiting for a response from Emi, he looked around the room. It was then that the mare responded to him, before pointing out a table that was kinda in the far corner of the room. Although he was curious, he shook it off as he responded, "Sure thing." It was around that time when Daylight had joined them on the way to the table for the moment, to tell Emi about when they first encountered Colt. The memory of their first run-in with the dragon had startled him, because of how everything happened. After he had finished, Emi replied to Day as she thanked him for taking care of Colt. After that, she sat down at the table, in which Electrobolt followed suit and sat down on the opposite side of the table.

It was around that time that Daylight then left the room for now. *Where is he going...?* he thought, distracted a bit as he watched Day leave. It was then that his ears picked up Emi's voice, before returning his full attention to the mare. As she spoke to him, he heard that she was asking him if he was the one responsible for answering the call for his parents' sake. At that comment, he gave a nod. Emi then continued, saying that it meant a lot to her, before adding that their parents - their being Colt and Emi - were very close to them. She then continued on to say that doing this for his family was very laudable. At this remark, he looked away for the moment, trying to hide a light blush of embarrassment at the praise he recieved, before hearing her question.

“So tell me are they all right now?” she asked as she turned her head to see if the ice cream was already on its way.

As soon as he heard this question, he took a quick breath, putting a smile on his face as he returned his attention to Emi. Nodding, he responded, "Yes, they're all right now. Thank you for asking." Clearing his throat out, he decided to give Emi a little more information about his parents. "Oh yeah, my parents... Um, perhaps I should tell you what they do. Well, my mom works in a bakery that specializes in pretzels. Believe me, she makes some of the best pretzels I've ever had. She even brings a few extra home for my family to share! And my dad, well, he's basically a repair-pony. If something's broken, he's usually there to fix things up with ease."

After having finished telling her about what they do, he stopped to take a short breath. As he closed his eyes, a memory from his childhood emerged as he recalled building a simple treehouse of sorts. Opening his eyes, he then added on, "Oh, and if you ask me, he could also be like a carpenter pony. I just remembered something from back then, one afternoon after my dad came back home from work. After having finished dinner and reading the newspaper, he asked me if I wanted a treehouse, which I had then excitedly responded 'yes'."

Electrobolt then closed his eyes for a bit as he remembered building the treehouse with his dad. "Heh... Had quite a few splinters from helping out, but it was worth it. After a few days of on-and-off working, it was finally done. Sure, it wasn't the best looking treehouse, but we made it together, and that alone was special to me." Opening his eyes, he then realized he just went off and rambled on. With a nervous chuckle, he said, "Um... Sorry about rambling on... Not sure how interested you are in all that..."

• Brohoof 1

~~Ice Storm~~

Ice Storm made her way behind the counter while Daylight explained to Emi the basis of what happened in the starting events of what happened. When he was finished with that though, he went back upstairs to get changed. She didn't really know what he was changing into, but after last night she couldn't remember too much prior to going upstairs anyway. She smiled as he trotted up the steps before turning back to everypony else. Colt was the first one to take Ice up on her offer and asked for a smoothie, and asked for some black or blueberry flavored ice cream for Emi. "Well, I'm not really sure what classifies as a southern fruit... I have oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, peaches, bananas, grapefruit, dragon fruit, kiwi, tangerines, apricots, and pomegranate. As far as Ice Cream goes," she stated with a brief pause as she pulled up small bowl, and put two purplish colored scoops of ice cream on top of it. "I have both," she said with a smile. As she caught the last bit of who it was on, Ice couldn't help but giggle. "Silly, these are freebies. Nopony has to pay for them," she interjected as she levitated the bowl over in front of Emi and placed it in front of where she was sitting.

Then Iron mentioned something about chocolate ice cream, and then some for Duran too. She smiled and levitated two bowls over to her and Duran as well. "Once again, it's on the house," she smiled. It was about this time that Daylight had come back down and he wasted no time walking over to her in his nice detective suit and give her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled and returned the kiss onto his. "Yup, everything is going just fine. Would you like something?" she asked him. She would wait to make her own last.

~~Twilight~~

All Twilight could do was sigh. At the very least he tried to clean up the mess that he made. Rainbow quickly popped out the pile of books that she was under. "Ehehe, sorry Twi... Another prank gone bad... No hard feelings right?" she heard Rainbow ask. She could do nothing but let out another sigh. "It's fine... I'll just have to spend the day reorganizing the library... Again..." Twilight responded to Rainbow.

"Ha, Awesome! I'd love to stay and help, but I have a new routine that I'm working on for the Wonderbolt Academy, so... Later!" she said flashing through the hole that she had just made.

Twilight just turned to Alex and shook her head. "Well, at the very least I have to thank you for at least trying to clean up afterwards," she told him looking up through the hole in the ceiling. "It's more than somepony else does, that's for sure," she stated in a slightly annoyed tone looking back at the mess in front of her. as she did she heard th chime of the clock and then remembered what day it was. "Oh, Alex, don't you have that reunion thing today that you talked about before? I think that's supposed to be starting soon," Twilight reminded him. While she appreciated the fact that he was trying to help, the best pony for this job, was actually a dragon. Spike had an even better knowledge of where things were in the library that she did. Of course, considering that she always got them out with magic from her pedestal, then Spike normally put them back.

• Brohoof 4

Well, I'm not really sure what classifies as a southern fruit... I have oranges, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, peaches, bananas, grapefruit, dragon fruit, kiwi, tangerines, apricots, and pomegranate. As far as Ice Cream goes

The dragon mouth started to feel like a waterfall with the wish of tasting all of those flavours, "Dont be a jerk, just ask for one and come back to try all of them" Colt's mind scolded him for going over the top with his frosty desires. Then Colt gave a big smile as he listen that Ice got her sister's favorite flavor "this will soften her a little im sure it will" he thought while looking Electrobolt talking with her at the far corner of the shop. "Ill take a strawberry sundae if its not much of a problem Ice and for Emi, she will go nuts for your Blueberry ice-cream" the dragon's words were ending when Iron's voice asked for some chocolate ice and just as he turned arround to see her he noticed the vile ill and evil eyes of her feline pet.

"That little PEST!!" a snort came from Colts muzzle it was a good replacement to keep at ease the real ideas he had in mind against the Lynx, a hoofball field and something called a buck-off were key parts of that concept "calm down Colt don't let the fur ball get in the way this is a day for Iron and Emi, just relax and make it happen." a deep breath followed this thoughts while his eyes reached the image of princess Luna, now in a more juvenile shape a disguise that make her look more...familiar "she looks just as she did back then" were his thoughts while here eyes were unable to leave the princess of the moon.

msg-9346-0-96723800-1365813384.png

"Oh yeah, my parents... Um, perhaps I should tell you what they do.

"Yes please it would be nice to know more of you and your family" was the reply from Emi as she showed real interest in the motivations behind this member of the B-team. "He loves them, and admire them, he praise their efforts and achievements" the alabaster mare thought while lsitening on how Electrobolt talked of his parents " not a single complain about them instead he decided to tell me about a good dad and son moment, he is a lucky one and his parents are also lucky to have him as son" her mind said after the young stallion finished his tree house story. "I hope one day I can try one of those pretzels you talk about, you sure make them sound yummy  the alabaster mare said with a smile there was a nice feeling coming from Electro as he talked and for the first day Emi was feeling happy instead of annoyed.

For a moment the pegasus turnes her head to make a quick scan of the shop, THAT mare was minding her own business at the with Duran at her side "hope I can avoid her all day" she thought at the time she spotted Ice Storm and Daylight were behind the counter with her dragon brother making a request to go and stare into princess Luna who was now by herself "that dragon just cant behave and keep good manners" Emi's mind spelled with her sighing a little to go back with Electro. There was something she wanted to know from all of them, given the fact that Colt spent most of this weeks recovering from the adventure at EverFree Forest and this was the first chance she had to end her curiosity "So how has things been after the winds for you? Having your family back again together must been great but Im sure you are becoming quite a popular colt am I right?".

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2

Alex gave her a 'what do you mean by that?' look as Rainbow Dash explained how she crashed after a prank went bad.  Alex couldn't help but sigh as well since her crash also knocked off the books that he already put back away.  "Rainbow Dash..."  Alex uttered under his breath as she got out of the pile and through the hole that she created, leaving it just him and Twilight again.

Twilight just turned to Alex and shook her head. "Well, at the very least I have to thank you for at least trying to clean up afterwards," she told him looking up through the hole in the ceiling. "It's more than somepony else does, that's for sure," she stated in a slightly annoyed tone looking back at the mess in front of her

Alex flattened his ears in embarrassment of his performance.  "Well, I didn't want to just leave you all this mess to clean up that I created..."  Alex simply said to Twilight, feeling a little relieved that she wasn't going to cook his feathers for what he did.  "I don't know what Rainbow Dash was talking about.  She seems very calm and collective..."  Alex thought to himself, admiring that from Twilight Sparkle.

as she did she heard th chime of the clock and then remembered what day it was. "Oh, Alex, don't you have that reunion thing today that you talked about before? I think that's supposed to be starting soon,"

Alex heard explain something about a party, which didn't register in Alex's mind at first.  Then, Alex blinked as he remembered what she was talking about.  "Oh horse apples, that's today and it's right now!"  Alex said to her in a small panic.  That must have been why Iron Wing interrupted him.  Alex was heading for the hole that he made in flight until he stopped near it.  He looked back at Twilight.  "What?  What about you?  You know you're invited too?  Oh wait, right...  The mess..."  Alex said to her before flying back down near her.  "Well, I'm sure that they can wait for me a bit longer.  I'll help you put the books back.  It wouldn't feel right for me to just leave you with all this and you could be able to join the others there too."  Alex offered to her, awaiting her answer.

• Brohoof 2

The princess observed as Ice Storm set to work, beginning to prepare ice cream for everypony. The filly worked so hard... Luna might have felt bad if she didn't already know that Ice enjoyed her job immensely. Although, why shouldn't she, when ice related creations were her specialty? And one that she seemed to love, looking at the décor in her shop.

Luna watched little Duran scamper around the table, as Iron toyed with him. She smiled fondly at his antics, but didn't venture to look up and meet the eyes of the guardpony. Even after the apology, she still felt pangs of guilt, and worried that she might have made things awkward between them with such an odd introduction on her part. She tried to remember that for now, they were not princess and guard, merely Alicorn and Pegasus, just two ponies who had met for the first time today. Yes, nothing out of the ordinary...

“Why don't you surprise me with something, Ice?” she turned to the familiar pony behind the counter as Iron Wing and Duran finished their game. “You know I've loved every treat you've had me try to so far. You seem to be an expert on frozen sweets.” she grinned. Luna may have had an ulterior motive, in that she was trying to buff up Ice's reputation with her friends. Especially since there was at least one pony who didn't even know Ice's business was open, from what Iron Wing had said.

She quietly listened to everypony talking around her. Now that Ice Storm was busily making ice cream, everypony else seemed to be caught up in their own conversations. After all, they were all already friends, and Luna was new to the group. And everypony already knew everything there was to know about a princess, right? Royal, perfect, ruler, stuck up, fierce, nightmare, old, sister... It was frustrating when to feel that everypony felt they already knew everything about her, so there was no need to ask about her family or job or hobbies or anything... normal. Of course, she didn't blame Ice for ignoring her for the moment—they had actually spent a considerable amount of time together, and knew each other well. Plus, she was distracted, and everypony here was just as much Ice Storm's friend as Luna herself was. She couldn't be selfish with the blue Unicorn.

Luna turned as the irritated sound came from the Dragon Colt, who looked quite annoyed at the little Lynx. The princess was quite fond of all creatures, and any sort of mistreatment could have likely brought about her wrath. But he quickly composed himself, for whatever reason, and diverted his eyes to the princess herself.

She stared back curiously, before the gaze became uncomfortable. Instead, her eyes roved over his scaly body—not out of any want, but simply out of pure fascination. The princess had a love of Dragons that not many knew about, likely because she didn't often have the chance to study them up close. They were so much different from ponies, varying in shapes and sizes. Their long lifespan also meant they made for excellent friends for an immortal princess.

She quickly realized how rude she was being by staring and not saying anything. Of course, she wanted nothing more than to examine his wingspan, the shape and size of his scales, the hardness of his skin, the sharpness of his spikes... But Dragons were sentient beings, not experiments or test subjects. “Sorry.” Luna looked sheepish, scuffling her hooves on the ground and looking down at them. Now that she wasn't her full height, Colt stood just above her, and it as a bit intimidating being the size of a normal pony again.

“So... why does a Dragon have a name like 'Colt'?” She couldn't believe how stupid the question sounded once it left her mouth. But it was all she could think of to try to break the silence between them. The way her stared made her uncomfortable, and she couldn't wait for Ice Storm to bring the diversion of ice cream. She wanted to be treated like a normal pony, and normal ponies went out and made friends. So she had better buck up and try to make some interesting conversation.

• Brohoof 4

After he had finished telling Emi about his parents, Electrobolt noticed a smile on her face as she said that she would have to try one of his mom's pretzels one day. Chuckling a little to himself, he thought, *Heh... Maybe I should ask mom if she could bake a couple extra pretzels then, for the others. Yeah, pretzels for everyone! ...Although I suppose they might not be as good the next day, as opposed to fresh out of the oven... Hmm...* As he was thinking about what he could do, he noticed Emi was looking over in some other direction. Curious, he looked over as well, before seeing Iron Wing and Duran.

As he was still looking in that direction, he also noticed Ice Storm and Daylight talking to each other. But for some reason, Daylight was in a detective outfit. *Hmm? What's he in that outfit for...?* the young colt thought to himself, before shaking his head. As he looked a bit more, he then noticed Colt staring at Luna. Confused, he pondered, *What is wrong with Colt...? I don't think I've seen him like that before...* As he pondered about what Colt's reasoning could be for staring at Luna, Emi had spoken to him once more. Her voice had managed to snap him back to his senses.

"So how has things been after the winds for you? Having your family back again together must been great but Im sure you are becoming quite a popular colt am I right?"

Upon having heard Emi's voice, his head returned to facing the mare who was sitting in front of him, as she asked how things had been after the winds, and if he was becoming popular. Chuckling slightly as he takes in a quick breath, he said, "Well... Things haven't been too much different before the winds, so not much of a change there... As for being popular? Heh, well... I wouldn't say that... Other than maybe a pony or two, I'm still treated like another pony. I don't really mind that, however... To be honest... I don't think I would be able to handle all that fame..." Sighing softly, he shook his head. "Um, so yeah... Life's been the same for me, more or less." Clearing his throat, he then asked Emi, "Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, Emi, but... How about your parents? What are they like?"

• Brohoof 3

Then Iron mentioned something about chocolate ice cream, and then some for Duran too. She smiled and levitated two bowls over to her and Duran as well. "Once again, it's on the house," she smiled.

The smile on Iron´s muzzle got bigger and bigger and she could already see that this ice cream had a very high quality. "Thanks Ice!" she replied and she already knew that she would repay her somehow. If she didn´t want to have bits for it, perhaps a nice breakfast would be an excelent way. She tried the ice cream for the first time and the cold but sweet mousse got in her mouth. The unbelievable good flavour was a complete new experience for Iron Wing and she tried immediatly more of it. It was just delicious and now she felt bad that Ice´s shop was already here for quite a while now and she had missed this. Also Duran started to try his bowl of chocolate ice cream and he first tried to lick just a bit of it. But as he got the flavour in his mouth, he just dunk his head into the cream and made some cute eating and licking noises. Iron just had to giggle as she saw Duran. "Oh my... don´t eat too fast or get a little brain freeze..." she mentioned carefully.

She tried to remember that for now, they were not princess and guard, merely Alicorn and Pegasus, just two ponies who had met for the first time today. Yes, nothing out of the ordinary...

She quietly listened to everypony talking around her. Now that Ice Storm was busily making ice cream, everypony else seemed to be caught up in their own conversations. After all, they were all already friends, and Luna was new to the group. And everypony already knew everything there was to know about a princess, right?

She then turned to Ice and smiled. "This is just delicious! I didn´t even know that ice cream could taste that good. Be sure that i will visit you more often, Sis." she said grinning, cleaning her mouth with a little serviette. She than looked to Luna who seemed to be a little alone. Duran was still busy to devour the ice cream so Iron Wing got up and went to Luna and sat down near her. She stated a question to Colt but he was just to paralized to answer it seemed. Like Princess Luna said, she wanted to be seen as a normal pony this day, and Iron would follow this request. It was a bit odd because Iron served once as a night guard pony, so Luna would be her former leader... even if she wasn´t there on that time. Compared to the princess, Iron was just a common soldier but since she was back now from her moon prison and tried to adapt to the new Equestria, she would give the princess a chance. "Prin.... um... Luna, what about your hobbies?" Iron asked out of the blue. "I know the common stuff about you, but there are much things i always wanted to ask someone like you. What are your hobbies and what music do you like?" she asked. It was just a common question, nothing special. But Iron was curious what a princess was doing besides ruling Equestria and do royal stuff. "If you don´t want to talk about that, i totally understand..." she said, being a bit careful. Luna was a princess after all.

Duran meanwhile finished the bowl of ice cream and his snout was full of chocolate. Owww... my head... freezing... duuhh.... he just thought while falling on his back, looking lazy but cute. He looked at Ice Storm with a what-have-you-done look on his face, complimenting Ice for her good sweets. He then turned around and looked what everypony was doing. Colt probably enjoyed that Duran was now knocked out like this, Electro seemed to chat with Emi and Iron started to talk to Princess Luna. Ice Storm was serving ice cream and next to her was Daylight in a... detective uniform? Darn, now the real fun would begin... but he didn´t want to move. Not now. Owwwww... he thought, letting out a little "meow!". He rolled himself into a ball of fur because taking a little nap would be the best option right now. He even wouldn´t care for the dragon or the detective now...

• Brohoof 2

As the dragon was deep in a mix of his thoughts and memories he froze in spot once more when the eyes of the alicorn found his own. "She is looking at me... why does she... no it cant be... just act smooth Colt relax dont panic ", yes those were the thoughts and instructions in Colt's mind the sad part was his body was unable to follow, lost in the teal eyes of Luna she felt his mind being scavenged as she looked his wings and scales. Then Luna finished her "inspection" and talked to the dragon once again the foolish state in the dragon's mind was unable to react "Say something you Idiot she is not comfortable with you looking at her like that" his mind once again send an other the one that was not followed by Colt's mouth making his mind scream with annoyance "Oh! come on!"

While the sentient part of Colt was arguing with his stupid self and trying to regain control Iron Wing came by and saved the him at least she gained some time "welll that makes another mark on the saved my tail count" Colt thought as he listen to the two mare's chatting.

"Prin.... um... Luna, what about your hobbies?"

The way Iron talked to her and how her eyes looked make things click in the Colt's mind "She said she wanted to be treated like any other pony..." the dragon felt a warm shiver that was sparked by this new understanding of the monarch of the night "she wants to be with them... be one of them... That sounds very familiar don't you think idiot" both though and feelings of the dragon were cleansed yes there were still some threat and a slight chance that Luna could crack the life he was building in the town but that didn't matter now he wasn't there to be one of those who fall for their fears and with that he took a deep breath and joined the two mares at the table

“So... why does a Dragon have a name like 'Colt'?”

Just before Luna gave an answer to Iron's question the Colt picked up in his mind  what Luna wanted to know something made the dragon smile a little "My parents they...chose my name with a silly thinking" he paused for a second after all that was a rude interruption to the mare's conversation. "Sorry, I didn't wanted to interrupt,and also sorry for my sudden statue like shocks I just some times feel nervous around ponies" he said with a slight shrug "going back to my parents, they argue for some time what my name should be, each time they told me the story both said they reached a dead end on that,  then one day my mother took me to the fruit fields to help my dad with the harvest, she let me play a little in the ground and before she knew I was pulling the straps of the plow trying to mimic my dad" Colt smiled having the memory of his parents telling this same story to him "Well that's why they told me I dont remember any of that i was too young... so my Mom looked at me and called my Dad, he said that I looked just like a colt, they said right there something clicked... and that's why they gave me that name...also each time somepony ask them about this they used to answer, "If ponies are named after so many things, including dragons. why a dragon cant be name after pony things too", that always made me smile" by saying this and as an evidence of his words a slight smile was sketched on Colt's face remembering those kind ponies who took them as his own son.

"But yes that's the story behind my name, nothing groundbreaking uh?" he said leaning back in his chair a bit, "still, thats an old story and I have to say, with all due respect, just as Iron Im very curious about your life in Canterlot, beyond all the responsibilities of course what do you like ? and what you do during day... other than visiting your pupils and their friends in Poniville " he said taking back the topic to the princess and Iron Wing's queries. Also by that moment Colt noticed Duran suffering from a hard episode of brain freeze, something that make him grin a bit more as he thought "Haha, serves you well furball"

img-1369180-2-msg-9346-0-96723800-136581

To be honest... I don't think I would be able to handle all that fame..."

The mare smiled and take a quick sight to Ice in response of the magical delivered bowl, "Thanks Ms. Ice it looks delicious", said Emi to her kind host very eager to taste her ice-cream, the wait was proving to be hard but ElectroBolt's answer was quite interesting "Its nice to find somepony that is not hungry of fame and fortune, and even more after all the commotion and glamour Canterlot has, I have to say Im also a pony that enjoy the simple liife, I think fame could be a pain when one cant have its own life to itself between you and me I sometimes feel too nervous when I perform" the pegasus said making a silly face while shrugging. 

"Um, I hope you don't mind me asking, Emi, but... How about your parents? What are they like?"

Taking a small taste of the icream she realized what was the plan behind his brother's mind "You want to soft me with my favorite Ice-cream dont you tricky dragon..." she thought while having a second taste "...damn its so good it might work" she was unable to succumb to the tasty, cold and soft strategy and it was working on her but that was when she had to keep on with Electrobolt's chat "Oh dont be silly of course I dont mind"  she said with a lean of her head that make her look kind of cute "our parents they were farmers, fruit farmers to be precise, we had some land on the south end of the realm we used to produce different kinds tasty crops"  the suddenly the eyes of the mare reflected a little melancholy to contrast her smile, "They taught us all we know, being a good farmer but more important a good pony, you see Mom and Dad accepted Colt and me in their family, they always make us feel as if we were their own...now they watch over us, they care for us from the sky and the stars of Luna, it has been hard ever since they were gone but I have Colt and he has me so life goes on"  a slight sigh and a quick double blink in her eyes made the Emi clean her magenta eyes from almost all the sadness in her eyes "Or at least I hope I still have him ..." she said recalling the concerns about her dragon brother.

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 2