Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unforgettable Day

Ice Storm

~~Ice Storm~~

As Ice waited for Day to answer her, she heard Luna speak up from behind the counter, stating that she'd like Ice to surprise her, that she knew that she loved everything that she created. Ice thought back to the first time that she learned how to make a snow cone, and how Luna was the first one that tried one. It was a bit rough then, but she remembered the fact that it was raspberry and every time that she made one now, it brought back memories. Memories that she should have never doubted recently. How could she have thought that everything had been just an act, even for a second! She smiled, and confirmed it. This way Ice got to show off a bit as well, not that she needed to. She had already displayed what her magical abilities were in their quest, but still, the finer magics were just as important.

With a small bit of levitation magic, Ice moved some water into the air and began to swirl it around until it was a sheet so thin, that the only way you could tell it was there was the magical aura that was surrounding it from her magic. Slowly, as she spun the water, she began to freeze it, creating snow flakes as fine as silk and spun it around into the cone mixing the raspberry flavoring into the ice, freezing it as well as to not change the texture of the cone. Once she as finished with that she formed the remaining ice into the shape of a ball and placed it on top of the cone and levitated it over to where Luna was now conversing with Colt and Iron. She was happy to see that everypony else was starting to include her a bit more. If there was one thing that Ice knew about Luna, is that she wanted to be treated like she was normal, and more importantly, like she was a friend. Something that Ice was happy to call her. "Here you are Luna, A raspberry cone, much like my first one... except much higher quality and not leaking all over the place... did those stains ever come out of that rug?" she asked tentatively already half knowing the answer. There was a reason she never kept anything important around the flavoring syrups.

She then heard Iron from the table nearby mention that she never had any idea that Ice cream could be that good and that she would definitely have to stop by more often, and the lynx, after devouring the ice cream gave her the cutest look she'd seen before curling up for a nap. "Thanks Iron. I only use the very best ingredients, something that surprisingly enough, not a single one comes from Canterlot. All of my syrups for my snow-cones are home-made, using the fruits that are grown right here in Ponyville. Even the ice cream I make from scratch," she explained with a smile.

~~Twilight~~

At the reminder of the reunion that the pegasi was supposed to be going to, Alex looked as if he was going to have a heart attack. He started to flight back up through the hole that he had made upon his entrance. Twilight was about to sigh before he stopped and turned back to her. He asked about her, and what she was going to do, stating she was also invited. She thought about if before he answered about the mess. She did have some studying that she needed to get done for Princess Celestia, but right now, just finding the books that she needed in order to study would be a task on it's own.

when she heard Alex respond again though, stating that they could wait a bit longer on him, that he wasn't just going to go away and leave her the mess to clean up, Twilight smiled. While Twilight would love for him to help, she didn't want to make him late for anything either. After all, with the entire episode that she went through with the princess not too long ago with the want-it-need-it spell, she had no grounds for keeping anypony behind. Besides, even she didn't completely know where everything in the library went. That was Spikes job. Just then she got and idea. "Spike! Spiiiiiike!" Twilight yelled, and it didn't take too long for him to show up.

"Twilight! You..... called...." he stated, his voice fading out as he saw the shambled mess that was the library before give Alex an 'are you serious' look.

"Alex had a bit of an accident, and well... We both have a reunion to go to and...."

"Let me guess, I get to clean the mess..." Spike Grumbled.

"Please? You know where everything goes better than I do," Twilight pleaded.

Spike sighed, "Fine"

"Grreat! Now we can both go!" she said to Alex who was still hovering next to her, "Though, How about you actually use the door, this time instead of the ceiling? It is what they were made for after all," She finished in a bit of a sarcastic tone.

• Brohoof 2

As Alex waited for her answer, he could tell that she was pondering on what he was saying.  When he did mention about staying behind to help her put the books up to their rightful places, he saw a small smile on her face which made him feel a little better about what he did to the library.  

"Spike! Spiiiiiike!" Twilight yelled, and it didn't take too long for him to show up.   "Twilight! You..... called...." he stated, his voice fading out as he saw the shambled mess that was the library before give Alex an 'are you serious' look.

Sam watched as she called her assistant, Spike.  He is an infant dragon who is actually smarter than his age perceives him to be.  Spike talked to Twilight as his voice started to fade as his eyes looked all around the library until they fell on Alex.  He gave Alex a look that made him feel a little awkward and shifted a bit as he was hovering in the air.

"Alex had a bit of an accident, and well... We both have a reunion to go to and...."   "Let me guess, I get to clean the mess..." Spike Grumbled.   "Please? You know where everything goes better than I do," Twilight pleaded.   Spike sighed, "Fine"   "Grreat! Now we can both go!" she said to Alex who was still hovering next to her, "Though, How about you actually use the door, this time instead of the ceiling? It is what they were made for after all," She finished in a bit of a sarcastic tone.

Alex stayed quiet as he watched Twilight negotiate with Spike to help clean up the library while she and Alex go off to the reunion where the others that Alex had went on that fateful adventure to save Ponyville and possibly all of Equestria from the strange magic that was putting ponies to sleep.  His actions along with the actions of his friends had also saved his good friend, Aurora Flare, who was under the magic's spell.

After fifteen seconds, Twilight had succeeded in swaying the dragon to help clean up which now let him and Twilight free to go.  Twilight made an affirmation to join him to the reunion, but then she made a suggestion of using the door this time instead of the ceiling.

"Oh...  Yeah, right...  Sorry about that."  Alex said to her, feeling a little embarrassed.  He nodded to Twilight as he hovered down to the ground and opened up the library door for her.  "Okay, ready when you are."  Alex said to her with a smile.

Edited by Sam Avalon
  • Brohoof 1

"Prin.... um... Luna, what about your hobbies?" Iron asked out of the blue. "I know the common stuff about you, but there are much things i always wanted to ask someone like you. What are your hobbies and what music do you like?" she asked. It was just a common question, nothing special. But Iron was curious what a princess was doing besides ruling Equestria and do royal stuff. "If you don´t want to talk about that, i totally understand..." she said, being a bit careful. Luna was a princess after all.

Seeing as Colt was more inclined to stare awkwardly rather than answer, Luna turned her attention to Iron Wing. The question surprised her—ponies weren't normally interested in her personal habits. Actually, most ponies weren't interested in her at all. So it took Luna a moment to respond. Her lips moved to form words, but at first she couldn't properly formulate what to say. She blushed a little, embarrassed by her blunder, but she figured she'd better try to spit something out. However, her pause allowed for Colt to come out of his daze and finally answer before she had a chance.

Just before Luna gave an answer to Iron's question the Colt picked up in his mind what Luna wanted to know something made the dragon smile a little

She listened, honestly intrigued, but still unsure she understood the origin of his name. If he was trying to copy his father, and his parents thought he looked like a colt... did that make his father a stallion? He didn't look part pony. Perhaps it was merely his adoptive father? Luna wasn't sure how exactly to phrase the question of his parentage, and she certainly didn't want to make things awkward... so she just decided to remain in the dark about it for now. Maybe in time, the answer would reveal itself anyway.

But, his explanation had given her time to come up with a suitable answer.

”Well... I always enjoy reading. History is my preference; I'm not much for fiction. There's been a lot to catch up on, you know.” She didn't need to mention the exact reason she was behind in her history. Her past and most recent appearance were no secret to anypony in Equestria. ”I suppose I like to paint, and write, and I do enjoy long walks through the palace gardens—you know, there are so many interesting plants and animals—, erm...” The princess tapped her chin for a moment thoughtfully. ”Of course, I practice magic a lot, and I do have some royal duties that need taking care of, plus there's the need to guard the dream realm.” It seemed that things had diverged away from Luna's personal likes to her more 'professional' ones, in her attempt to come up with something to say.

”Uh, as for music... I suppose anything, really. The industry has just advanced so much, there's a lot of new material to hear, new instruments to try. I do play—but just a little!” She was quick to add the last bit, afraid that somepony might ask her to demonstrate her talents. Sure, there wasn't an instrument in sight, but that didn't stop the princess from being paranoid. She actually played marvelously, though she was tentative to admit it. It was, perhaps, because she had a bit of stage fright, but also because she wasn't one to be a braggart. Being a few thousand years old, most of her talents outweighed that of any normal pony.

"Here you are Luna, A raspberry cone, much like my first one... except much higher quality and not leaking all over the place... did those stains ever come out of that rug?" she asked tentatively already half knowing the answer. There was a reason she never kept anything important around the flavoring syrups.

Luna grasped the icy confection with her magic as Ice Storm got her attention for the moment. She licked it, and then took a hearty bite, smiling and licking her lips with an ”mmmm”. ”Thank you very much, Ice. This is delicious! I guess judging from the cleanliness of your establishment, you really have improved!” Luna winked at the mare. ”But I can't believe you're still worried about that rug. Rugs can be replaced, Ice Storm. Friends can't.” She continued to nibble on her snow cone, wondering what else the group might be doing for the rest of the day. Edited by MyLittlePonyTales
  • Brohoof 1

~~Ice Storm~~

Ice listened as Colt began to tell Luna his story about his namesake. It was kind of interesting to hear that it came simply from him deciding to try a plow one. Still she smiled though. Ponies were starting to interact with Luna, and that made her happy. She knew how often Luna would always be left to be the odd one out at most occasions, but so far, thankfully that hadn't been too much of the case today.

She then heard Emi speak to her about the fact that it was nice to see a pony that wasn't thirsty for fame and fortune, especially with commotion that Canterlot has. "Oh, believe me... I have more of a reason to hate fame and fortune that just because it might inconvenience my. My own parents abandoned me over it," she stated before looking over to Iron. "Well, my old parents did. I have much better ones now," she smiled at her sister.

She was even happier when Luna grabbed her snow cone and told her how delicious it was, and that judging by the cleanliness of the establishment that she had really improved. This made Ice blush almost to the color that was Luna's snow cone. "I'm glad you like it!" she told her. She quickly made another small one for herself before turning to Day. "Whenever you're ready for one let me know," she told him moving out from behind the counter and sat next to Iron Wing. She couldn't help but let out a giggle when Luna mentioned her still being worried about that rug. "I know, I know, but I also remember that rug being your sister's favorite rug, and I remember how angry she was at me when I spilled on it..." she stated shuddering at the memory. Most ponies had never seen Celestia angry. They should consider themselves lucky. After her response though, she motioned for Luna to come sit next to her and her sister. This was going to be an amazing day.

~~Twilight~~

Twilight could only giggle at the pegasus's reaction to her statement about using the door. It was actually kinda cute. With a simple nod, she responded. "Alright then, let's go," and walked out the door leaving it open for Alex to follow as she began to head towards Ice's shop. She was actually quite impressed with the icy blue mare. She always knew that she could make one of the best snow cones but to go out and face what she did, what they all did. It was really quite something. 

As she got closer to the shop, she could see in the window again, and she could see that Luna was still there. This intrigued her even more, though she was not unhappy about it. She hadn't had a chance to catch up with her since Nightmare Night, so it would be nice to see how she was holding up and if she'd had any more success at befriending more ponies. She hoped that most of the other ponies at this point were overcoming the Nightmare Moon thing and were starting to realize that Princess Luna was  a completely different pony.

• Brohoof 1

Alex watched Twilight exit out of the library through the door and followed after her, closing the door behind him as he went.  He was glad that she was able to come with him to the party.  She was a very good friend to him and the others.  Not only that, but she had an important part to play here with the ones who were under the strange magic's spell.  Alex followed after her as they headed together for Ice Storm's ice cream shop.  As he looked around, he saw that the community of Ponyville was back to its lively self as he saw fillies and colts playing chase with each other on the sides of the cobblestoned road and mares were opening their windows for what was to be a bright and sunny day.

Alex continued to walk with Twilight until they reached the little shop that Ice Storm had made for her.  He was impressed at how far that she had come in her life with her work as a shopkeeper and he had to admit that her snow cones were very delicious.  As they got closer to the shop, he could see various different ponies through the window.  He could see his closest friends, Electrobolt and Ice Storm, as well as Colt, Daylight, and Iron Wing.  However, there were others that he did not recognize within like another pony and some kind of....  Bobcat?  What puzzled him more was the presence of Princess Luna within the shop.  He wasn't sure why she was here, but he didn't mind at all although he wished that he was a little more presentable.

Alex looked back to Twilight near to his left.  "Okay, we're here.  Let's go check in with the others."  Alex said to her cheerfully before trotting over to the door.  He knew that he was invited to the party, but he wanted to have some courtesy and knock on Ice Storm's door first.  "Hey, guys!  It's me, Alex.  Twilight is here too!"  Alex announced from the other side, awaiting for somepony to answer the door.

”Well... I always enjoy reading. History is my preference; I'm not much for fiction. There's been a lot to catch up on, you know.”

Iron Wing listened carefully to what the princess was telling. It was important for Iron even if these were common questions. She wanted to know what kind of pony her commander was. Of course there were much stories about Luna, what she was like and all the ruling the country stuff, but it was better to see what character she had and to get the impression by herself. It was interesting to listen to the princess as a normal pony and she didn´t have to salute to her, to stay alerted or anything else.

”I suppose I like to paint, and write, and I do enjoy long walks through the palace gardens—you know, there are so many interesting plants and animals—, erm...”

The more the princess told to the guardian, the more she smiled since it just feeled good to see that Luna had many interests that were... well... normal. Iron always thought that a royal pony would do some fancy stuff and they would go to expensive parties and talk about how fabulous they all were looking. Something was feeling right, perhaps the fact that the princess wasn´t "hiding" in the castle or surrounded by guardians like Celestia all the time. She was here for the normal ponies, nearly close enough to touch. There was not wall, no guardians and now big castle walls that could prevent them to know each other. It was kind of special.

”Uh, as for music... I suppose anything, really. The industry has just advanced so much, there's a lot of new material to hear, new instruments to try. I do play—but just a little!”

"Oh you can play instruments?" Iron Wing asked. "Well, i can´t play any instruments... but i can sing. Well, not that good, but some ponies think that my voice is nice to hear to. But to be honest, even if i am a guardian, i don´t have the courage to sing in front of many ponies..." she told the princess. She would love to hear the princess play some musical instruments, but there just weren´t any there.

"Hey, guys! It's me, Alex. Twilight is here too!" Alex announced from the other side, awaiting for somepony to answer the door.

Iron Wing looked and got sight of Alex. "Hi there! One moment, i´ll open the door!" she answered and went to the exit. She opened the door and waited until Alex and Twilight got into the shop. "What took you so long Alex? We waited here for you." she told the pegasus with a big smile. Then she turned around and looked at everypony. "Now that we are complete, we should finish our ice cream and prepare for a little tour. It´s not too far away but i think it will take about 1 or 2 hours until we get there. We will take the main road into the direction of Cloudsdale. A little village is located there near to a mountain. There we will meet my... and now Ice´s family." she anounced to the group of ponies which had gathered.

With Iron´s words, Duran awoke from his sleep and stretched a bit. He jumped on Electrobolts back and started to walk little circles. If we have to walk now, i´ll make sure that i am with ponies i like... the little furball thought while starting to massage Electro´s back. It wasn´t anything special since every cat massaged the place where it wanted to rest. He started to purr and looked into Emi´s direction. "Just getting comfy..." he spoke into the mares mind. Of course he was careful with his magical abilities to be stealthed all the time. He didn´t want Luna, Ice, Daylight or Twilight to discover him. It was dangerous with so much magical users, but he didn´t had any choices left. Then he sat down, but continued to massage Electrobolts back and neck. You are a speed boat, aren´t ya? Captain is on board, let´s go green one. the cat thought while meowing cute.

• Brohoof 2

After he had asked about Emi's family, she smiled and responded that she'd be happy to tell him before leaning forward and making a cute little pose. Smiling, he thought, *Heheh, wow... Emi looks cute when she does that...* before he listened to what the mare had to say. *So her parents were fruit farmers, hmm? I bet they've grown quite a load of apples... But hmm, I wonder where their farm is located...* Just then, he noticed that Emi's eyes were showing off a bit of melancholy. As he was wondering why her eyes changed emotions, she started to speak again.

*So they taught her how to work on the farm, as well as being a good pony, huh?* he mused to himself. To Electrobolt, it showed that they did a good job, as Emi turned out to be a good pony. Emi resumed as she explained that her parents had taken both Colt and herself into their family, to which he could only assume meant that they were not her real parents. At that thought, he wondered what happened to Emi's real parents, until Emi continued once more. What she just said had surprised him - her parents were now watching over her and Colt from the sky and stars.

From hearing that, he assumed that her parents were dead, and that the signs of melancholy in Emi's eyes was because of that. She seemed to be doing fine though, but recalling this might have gotten her a bit saddened. Looking at Emi, Electrobolt began to speak. "Emi, um... I'm sorry if I had brought up some bad memories for you... If I did, I didn't mean to... Anyways, um..." Right now, Electrobolt was at a loss of what to say. Where should he go from here? Should he try to change the subject? But to what? He then looked away slightly, a look of uncertainty on his face when he heard the sound of somepony knocking on the door.

Shaking his head, he looked over to the door when Iron Wing spoke up, saying that she'll get the door. After she opened it, he could see Alex at the doorstep. *Heh... Took him long enough to get here, huh?* he thought, before listening to Iron speak up about the plan. With the plan in mind, he nodded before looking at the table in front of him. As he looked at the empty spot right in front of him, he remembered that he forgot to ask Ice for some shaved ice. He had to resist the urge to facehoof at the mistake that he made. *Shoot, how did I forget...?* he thought, before sighing.

He could always ask for some another time. But being offered a treat that was on the house and forgetting to make a request? *Darn, do I feel dumb...* he sighed internally. Just then, he recognized that he had been silent for quite a while, and cleared his throat. "Um, sorry about that... Anyways..." he started, breaking the silence. Just then, however, he felt something hop onto his back. Twisting his head around to try and see what it was, he could notice Duran massaging his back and getting comfortable. At the sight, he couldn't help but smile. *Heh, how cute,* he mused before returning his attention to Emi. "Um, as I was saying... Is there anything else about me that you'd like to know about...?"

~~Ice Storm~~

Ice heard Electro and Emi finishing up their conversation as well as Iron and Colt speaking with Luna as she heard a knock at the door. She could only hope that it was Alex so that they could get going. She didn't know how far away that the village with her parents, or if would be a feasible to even make the trip this late in the day. It didn't matter to her though. after spending nights in the Everfree Forest, a night or two on the way to their parents wouldn't be an issue, considering it would probably a lot safer than the forest could ever be. Not to mention they had Luna here now. They couldn't be any safer.

Her thoughts cleared as Iron Wing moved towards the door, and sure enough it was Alex standing there with Twilight in the door. Iron made the comment about them finally being able to head towards where their new family was. Ice was so excited to get everything moving. Ice was even more relieved though when Iron mentioned that the village was just a few hours away at most. That meant that they'd still be able to get there today. "Yay, I'm ready to leave now whenever everypony else is," Ice said with a smile as Twilight explained why Alex was late.

~~Twilight~~

Twilight stood by Alex when an armored mare answered the door. Twilight remembered her as one of the ponies that had helped save them from the devastating winds that were blowing through Equestria, but she couldn't remember her name. She also spotted Ice, and princess Luna was still there. She'd have to make a note to speak with her herself as to why she had decided to come. Not that Twilight was complaining of course. She was happy to see the princess of the night getting along with everypony, especially with what happened on Nightmare Night not long ago. When the iron-clad mare asked about why Alex was late for the reunion. Twilight smiled and decided to help him explain.

"Well, you see, the reason he was late for this little reunion here was because though means of which I am not sure of, crashed into the Library and was staying to help clean it up. That was until Rainbow also crashed into the library and ruined what bit he had put away already. Thankfully spike got home just as I did, and he decided to put everything away since he knows where everything goes better than I do. But yeah, he was late because he was helping clean the mess that he made," she responded as the mare sated that they were going to be going to a small village just a bit north to meet her family, and Ice's new family. New family... what.... what... happened to her old one... Twilight thought to herself. I hope that nothing bad happened to them... she finished. The thought of Ice losing her family in what happened startled her. She'd probably find out though when they got to where they were going. Ice announced that she was ready to go, and Twilight nodded as well "As am I. I would very much like to get to know you seven a lot more. Especially since it was your turn to save all of us," Twilight said with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

Alex waited by the door and sure enough, he found the same Iron Mare answering the door for him and Twilight Sparkle.  She was just as he remembered her when they had set off for the ancient temple to stop the evil magic from putting all of Ponyville and Canterlot into eternal sleep.

"What took you so long Alex? We waited here for you." she told the pegasus with a big smile

Alex narrowed his eyes at Iron Wing with a slightly good nature.  "Well, I would have gotten here sooner if somepony didn't break my concentration while I was trying to perform the Sonic Rainboom...  I was so close too..."  Alex explained to Iron Wing, but she already had seemed to concentrate on announcing about Ice Storm's addition to her family.  He heard another voice speak up near him and looked to see that it was Twilight Sparkle this time.

"Well, you see, the reason he was late for this little reunion here was because though means of which I am not sure of, crashed into the Library and was staying to help clean it up. That was until Rainbow also crashed into the library and ruined what bit he had put away already. Thankfully spike got home just as I did, and he decided to put everything away since he knows where everything goes better than I do. But yeah, he was late because he was helping clean the mess that he made," she responded as the mare sated that they were going to be going to a small village just a bit north to meet her family, and Ice's new family. New family... what.... what... happened to her old one... Twilight thought to herself. I hope that nothing bad happened to them... she finished. The thought of Ice losing her family in what happened startled her. She'd probably find out though when they got to where they were going. Ice announced that she was ready to go, and Twilight nodded as well "As am I. I would very much like to get to know you seven a lot more. Especially since it was your turn to save all of us," Twilight said with a smile.

Alex shifted a bit, feeling embarrassed about the whole ordeal.  "Yeah..."  That was all Alex was willing to say about the matter as his face flushed from the embarrassment of the accident.  Although that quickly went away as he saw new faces in the group.  One was a small type of cat and another was a young mare with an ivory coat and a light purple mane.  However, he was most surprised to see Princess Luna here as well.  He was curious as to the reason why she was here too, but he didn't mind it really.  He just had to be careful not to come off as disrespectful to her.  He then heard Twilight speak up about her wanting to join the others for the trip up to visit Ice Storm's new family.

"Yeah, I want to go too.  After all, that's what friends do for each other."  Alex said to the group, his eyes focusing on Ice Storm.  It had been true that he and Ice Storm along with Electrobolt had been friends long before the adventure started and he was more than willing to be there for her.  He looked towards Twilight Sparkle.  "Thanks for coming along, Twilight.  I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun."  Alex said to her cheerfully with a smile.

(edited)

img-1369180-2-msg-9346-0-96723800-136581

"Emi, um... I'm sorry if I had brought up some bad memories for you... If I did, I didn't mean to... Anyways, um..."

The mare shook her head turning back to her happy self while attempting to say "No no" to Electro. "O there is no need to worry Electrobolt, after all there is no possible way remembering my parents could bring a bad memory, its just that I miss them some time, we both do" she said looking to the direction of her brother talking to Luna and THAT other mare. "At least I was able to say good bye" she said in a whisper at the middle of a sigh that was almost imperceptible. By that moment the door was knocked and THAT other mare kindly offered to open it... to kindly in Emi's eyes. At the entrance a pegasus entered the shop followed by, "O wow  is that Twilight Sparkle?" she was kind of surprised as a Canterlot college girl  finding celebrities such as a princess and a element of harmony was WAY above her average day. But also this pegasus he was into the description in Colt's letters, also she quickly did a sweep of the ponies in the house "Ok THAT guardian is here, also Ice, the detective Unicorn, Electrobolt too... he has to be the one that is missing". By the moment she was reaching her conclusion Electro spoke again to her

"Um, as I was saying... Is there anything else about me that you'd like to know about...?"

"Oh, I dont want you to think im a gossip girl or something like that Im sure I will be able to know lots of you and the others during the day, and that makes me want to ask, Is that Alex over there? you know the pegasus from Team B? if he is i think we are departing soon" she asked wanting to know if finally the heroic team was together.

”Well... I always enjoy reading. History is my preference; I'm not much for fiction. There's been a lot to catch up on, you know.

post-9346-0-53061700-1369187522.png

Colt listened to all the activities and the preferences of the princess of the night, it was nice to realize this royal governor was into the same things normal pony liked. Yes some of her hobies could be considered boring or "up tight" by some youngsters but the dragon found it very matching to his own hobbies.  Luna finished telling them even a little about her musical preferences and then Colt's mouth went free asking the same question that was fluttering in his mind "And do you like how the world is now?" for a second the mind of the dragon froze "Did i said that or just think of it" he didn't knew if the query that his mouth spilled was out of place or could be he wanted to know though he just wished for Luna not to be angry.

The shock in Colt was so great he didnt noticed Iron going to attend the door and just recovered from it as he saw Alex and the Pontville librarian entering the room, Colt had the chance to talk with the lilac mare before and he was happy to see her here. Also he knew soon would be time to start their trip to Iron's parents house.

Edited by Colt

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, I would have gotten here sooner if somepony didn't break my concentration while I was trying to perform the Sonic Rainboom... I was so close too..." Alex explained to Iron Wing

Iron looked to Alex, thinking about his words a short time. "Oh really? My my, then i should watch until the next time i see you in the air, squeaking your name as loud as i can..." she giggled to him. Of course she wouldn´t do that since now she knew what he was up to. It seemed that this was important for him, so she would be careful next time. Ms Sparkle also started to speak so Iron Wing listened to her.

"As am I. I would very much like to get to know you seven a lot more. Especially since it was your turn to save all of us," Twilight said with a smile.

Had she invited herself into this? At least princess Luna had asked if she could join, but perhaps Twilight Sparkle was too excited and forgot about asking the host. Iron shrugged, and her parents had a huge home, so she guessed it was ok that she would come along. She didn´t know much about Twilight Sparkle or the other Elements of Harmony, or as they were called, Team A. All Iron Wing knew was that Twilight was highly intelligent and magical on a complete other level than any other unicorn. And since she showed interest in learning about "Team B" and the members, it was a honor in some way.

Iron Wing got her saddlebag on and looked to the group. "We should go then since now everypony is here, so grab everything you want to take with you and lets go!" Iron said to everypony, leaving Ice´s shop. She waited outside until she got sure that everyone was following her, then going ahead. The route she was about to take led them outside Ponyville in the direction of Cloudsdale and than to a small forest to the village of her parents. It would be exciting to see the reactions of her mother and father to Ice Storm´s arrival. Duran meanwhile listened to Electrobolt and Emi and their conversation, always looking at the behaviour of Colt and Daylight. This day would be very interesting, and he thought already what pranks he could do to them.

• Brohoof 1

She couldn't help but let out a giggle when Luna mentioned her still being worried about that rug. "I know, I know, but I also remember that rug being your sister's favorite rug, and I remember how angry she was at me when I spilled on it..." she stated shuddering at the memory. Most ponies had never seen Celestia angry. They should consider themselves lucky. After her response though, she motioned for Luna to come sit next to her and her sister. This was going to be an amazing day.

”Ice Storm, you shouldn't worry so much.” The princess tried to reassure her friend. ”Besides, it was my fault anyway. We shouldn't have been in that part of the castle... not that I would have known about the rug anyway. she mumbled. Luna nibbled at her snow cone, staring down into it. She recalled jumping to Ice Storm's aid and defending the mare on that day, through a barrage of angry words, some even in the royal canterlot voice. It wasn't a pretty memory.

”But it was nothing a bit of magic couldn't take care of. Small stuff, really.” Considering just how easy it had been, she was a bit surprised by her sister's reaction. But her words were those spoken in the heat of the moment, not that it made them any easier to forget or forgive. Still, she tried to push them out of her mind. That day was long past, and today should be one full of memories made with friends.

"Oh you can play instruments?" Iron Wing asked. "Well, i can´t play any instruments... but i can sing. Well, not that good, but some ponies think that my voice is nice to hear to. But to be honest, even if i am a guardian, i don´t have the courage to sing in front of many ponies..." she told the princess. She would love to hear the princess play some musical instruments, but there just weren´t any there.

”Yes... I do.” The princess shuffled her hooves and blushed at the thought of having to perform in front of the group. It wasn't that she exact had stage fright, but today wasn't about her and showing off her skills would just be a distraction. ”Oh, and you sing!” she tried to move the attention from herself. ”I'm sure your voice is lovely, if your complexion is any indicator.” Luna slyly complimented Iron Wing's features.

Iron Wing looked and got sight of Alex. "Hi there! One moment, i´ll open the door!" she answered and went to the exit. She opened the door and waited until Alex and Twilight got into the shop. "What took you so long Alex? We waited here for you." she told the pegasus with a big smile.

Twilight stood by Alex when an armored mare answered the door. Twilight remembered her as one of the ponies that had helped save them from the devastating winds that were blowing through Equestria, but she couldn't remember her name. She also spotted Ice, and princess Luna was still there. She'd have to make a note to speak with her herself as to why she had decided to come. Not that Twilight was complaining of course. She was happy to see the princess of the night getting along with everypony, especially with what happened on Nightmare Night not long ago.

She was about half done with her snow cone when Twilight came in. She hadn't expected the mare to be here today, but it was a pleasant surprise to see the pony that had helped bring her back to Equestria. Twilight Sparkle was also partially responsible for allowing Luna to better open up to and interact with other ponies, which meant that this meeting today, right here, was, in an obscure way, somewhat of her doing. Luna smiled happily at the mare, but already being surrounded she was unable to properly greet her at the moment. Ah well, there would be time enough for that on their journey.

Luna finished telling them even a little about her musical preferences and then Colt's mouth went free asking the same question that was fluttering in his mind "And do you like how the world is now?" for a second the mind of the dragon froze "Did i said that or just think of it" he didn't knew if the query that his mouth spilled was out of place or could be he wanted to know though he just wished for Luna not to be angry.

But, just as soon as it had arrived, Luna's expression changed from happiness to confusion. She hadn't expected such a loaded question, and for several moments it simply left her speechless. Finally she sighed thoughtfully, knowing that she had to give him some sort of answer.

”I... suppose. There's just so much to take in, it's difficult to really know quite yet. So far things have been pleasant, but different. But—“ Luna seemed to perk up with a sudden realization, ”—it's not really about the place, or the world. It's about the ponies in it.” She looked around at all her friends gathered here, and smiled.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

After Electrobolt had asked if Emi wanted to know more about him, she responded by saying no basically. She said that she didn't want to seem like a gossip girl or something like that, before adding that she was sure that she'd know more about him over the course of the day. She then asked if the pegasus that had arrived was known as Alex and added that if it was him, then they would be departing soon. Electrobolt nodded as he looked over to Alex, saying, "Yeah, that is Alex. And you're right, we should be going real soon." He smiled as he looked to his back, seeing that Duran appeared to be comfortable back there.

Afterwards, he looked around the room as Iron spoke up, saying that they should go now before leaving the building. As he looked in the room though, he could see Colt speaking with Luna. Although he wasn't sure of the conversation they were having, it seemed like they had a discussion going on. Not wishing to interrupt, he looked around some more as his eyes stopped on Twilight Sparkle. *Wait... How did I miss Twilight?* he thought, a bit confused at himself. *Not just that, but when did she arrive...?* Although he wished to know a bit more about when she arrived, he cleared his head.

With that, Electrobolt began to get up from the table, being careful with the passenger who got himself comfortable on the young colt's back, before looking back to Emi with a smile. "Well Emi, I think we're about ready to get moving. I enjoyed talking with you here and wouldn't mind having another talk later on, if you would like to. Also, what flavor ice cream did you have? It looked good, and you seemed like you enjoyed it, too."

• 2 weeks later...

”I... suppose. There's just so much to take in, it's difficult to really know quite yet. So far things have been pleasant, but different. But—“ Luna seemed to perk up with a sudden realization, ”—it's not really about the place, or the world. It's about the ponies in it.” She looked around at all her friends gathered here, and smiled.

Colt felt the discomfort that started do fill the royal alicorn. "Great idiot you achieved to hit her in a bad spot in only two questions and less than ten minutes.... be proud" the mind of the dragon scolded. He was aware of how difficult it was for her to find a place back in her world, for Faust he knew it and bringing a bad moment to her was the last thing he wanted for the mare with both horn and wings. Sadly the dragon voice muted he didn't wanted to make this worse thankfully for him the pegasus in armor came to the rescue.

"We should go then since now everypony is here, so grab everything you want to take with you and lets go!"

"Yes that's right we will be flying soon" The dragon stood up while saying this words in a shaky way "Excuse me Iron, Luna I'll make sure Emi is ready to depart." he said with a little blush and unable to see the alicorn in the eye. Walking away from the table he called for the alabaster pegasus. "Hey we are leaving in short sis, get ready" he said approaching to the table that also hosted Electro, watching the young colt there remind him of something. "Looks like you will be flying with me Electro, or maybe I will be taking Daylight with me... wait we are flying there right" he said having now some doubts about his idea of reaching there. The dragon turned arround and asked the mind behind all the event "Hey Iron we are flying to your parents house right?"

img-1341100-1-post-9346-0-19179300-13645

"Yeah, that is Alex. And you're right, we should be going real soon."

The mare made some nods getting not the picture of the pegasus into her mind. "Well he totally looks like one of those speed daredevils" she made a remark just before having the last taste of her ice cream after that Emi kept on. "Colt wrote me about him being super serious on breaking some speed record or something" he said while playing with the spoon and moving her hooves in silly ways. 

"Well Emi, I think we're about ready to get moving. I enjoyed talking with you here and wouldn't mind having another talk later on, if you would like to. Also, what flavor ice cream did you have? It looked good, and you seemed like you enjoyed it, too."

"Oh such a gentlecolt the pleasure was all mine, it feels good to finally talk to you guys instead of reading about you... and I guess its also funny" she remarked with a little giggle, before being questioned about one of her favorite topics; Ice-cream  "Oh I just LOVE ice-cream" she said with a little to much of enthusiasm "And this was particularly GOOD, im not sure about the flavor Im not used to such a careful craft but believe me when I tell you I will find out, I have to try this again and maybe ALL of the flavors Ms Ice Storm has in here "  as she talked Emi moved her hooves and flapped her wings as a young filly in a amusement park, bad for her that time didn't last long, the voice of Iron wing kind of killed her Ice-cream mood rush and his brother flowing "HER commands" didn't helped much. 

"Mph" Emi hummed her disapproving response to hes brother, she knew he was trying to win her good side, oh did she knew it but this time an ice-cream was not enough to earn. "You weren't particularly kind to Luna didnt you?" she said to her brother with a low voice, she didnt wanted for the rest to hear. "You better stop being a fool soon or you are going to turn this just as the last one" it was not a threat or a warning she talked serious her brother needed to end his stupidity soon. "Well Electro we will have all a day to talk and have fun lets not spoil it" were the words that showed a complete change in her attitude while walking in the direction of the linx.

Opening her saddlebag with a wing and making a friendly wink to her feline friend the mare made an invitation "Come on Duran I bet you want a nice comfortable ride back home" flying or trotting made no difference she knew the lazy cat would liked a place to enjoy the trip instead of walking it. "I need to rant a little about my stupid brother...care to share your mind?" she told the lynx into his mind

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

”I'm sure your voice is lovely, if your complexion is any indicator.” Luna slyly complimented Iron Wing's features.

"Oh... thank you very much!" Iron thanked Luna for that compliment. She really didn´t expect a compliment from a princess and she didn´t know how to react to it. For sure Luna had much more experience in singing and in other things aswell, so she would just treasure this... "Wait..." she thought. "If my complexion is any indicator?" she repeated in mind and blushed a bit.

Iron Wing got her saddlebag on and looked to the group. "We should go then since now everypony is here, so grab everything you want to take with you and lets go!" Iron said to everypony, leaving Ice´s shop. She waited outside until she got sure that everyone was following her, then going ahead. The route she was about to take led them outside Ponyville in the direction of Cloudsdale and than to a small forest to the village of her parents. It would be exciting to see the reactions of her mother and father to Ice Storm´s arrival.

Iron Wing had stepped outside the shop and waited until the others came. While waiting she thought about how to explain to her parents that Princess Luna and Twilight Sparkle came along to join their reunion. It would be a a very interesting meeting indeed. Slowly the group started to prepare for their little journey and it looked like most of them got ready. "Come on, we don´t have all day! You can continue your conversations on the trip." she said loudly to the ponies within Ice´s shop. They had to leave Ponyville or it would be too late to reach the other village before nightfall. Of course, she would love to ha ve something like a slumber party in her watchtower too. She giggled as she thought about seeing Luna on a slumber party. Also, as long as Emi was staying away from her and nagging her with these stupid comments, everything would be fine.

This would be Ice Storms special day, and Iron Wing wanted to make everything as perfect as possible. Of course she had to make the day good for the others too. Since the group now was that big, it was difficult to overwatch everything. Iron just hoped that everpony would follow her soon.

Opening her saddlebag with a wing and making a friendly wink to her feline friend the mare made an invitation "Come on Duran I bet you want a nice comfortable ride back home" flying or trotting made no difference she knew the lazy cat would liked a place to enjoy the trip instead of walking it.

Duran stretched a bit and looked to Emi, like he wanted to play a joke or something like that. Then he jumped and dived into the saddlebag and looked out, stretched a bit to reach Electrobolts nose and booped it softly with his paw. "100 points!" he thought, smiling and hiding in the saddlebag again. "Well Emi, this won´t be a ride home. I´ll come along to Irons parents." he answered the mare. It would be interesting to watch Daylight with his attempts to find out anything. Most difficulty would to be stay hidden with that much unicorns... and alicorns around. He would just play like a normal cat and since Electro was around, he had perhaps a partner to play with. "About your last request... yes, let me hear everything." he answered.

Edited by Iron Wing
  • Brohoof 1

~~~Ice Storm~~~

With out too much longer of a delay it appeared that everypony else was now ready to go as well. Alex had finally arrived, Twilight was apparently coming with them, and Iron and herself both were obviously very eager to leave. Ice though couldn't be more excited if she tried. She was going to actually become part of a family, be welcomed for the pony that she is, and the pony that she's always been, and she didn't have to worry about others looking down on her constantly. She then smiled a bit more as Luna told her that she shouldn't worry too much. That it was partially her fault because they shouldn't have been in that part of the castle. She then mumbled something that Ice couldn't make out, but it made her giggle a bit more.

"Perhaps, though I learned never to make her angry again," she giggled turning to Colt who asked if they were flying to her parents. "I'm not sure, half of us here don't have wings, so don't see how flying would be feasible. That is unless everypony who can fly carries somepony who can't," she stated as she looked between Luna and Iron, then around the room noticing that the room actually favored wings a bit more than she though. She was all for riding, but which one she'd ride with she couldn't be sure. Unfortunately it seemed to go unnoticed by Iron, likely just not hearing it over the course of everything else. Ice walked over to her. "Are we flying?" she asked now curiously so that she knew what was going on.

~~~Twilight Sparkle~~~

Twilight just kind of stood there and listened as everypony talked. More importantly, she listened as Princess Luna spoke. She was so happy that the Princess was starting to make headway in gaining friendships, and listening to the ease at which she spoke for the most part showed that she was growing more comfortable around everypony. This made her very happy indeed. She listened as her and Ice spoke of an incident involving a rug not too long ago. Twilight knew of the rug in question, and avoided that room at all cost because of it. The rug itself seemed to be an heirloom of sorts, but she couldn't make anything exact out of it. She just knew that it was better for her to, as Luna stated, avoid that part of the castle all together.

She then briefly heard the white pegasus in the back begin speaking about ice cream in a gleeful manner before the pegasus named Iron asked if everypony was ready, and if so they needed to start moving. That they could talked while they walked because there was a long trek ahead. Then somepony mentioned flying. there was more than enough pegasi here for that, plus Luna could always arrange a chariot for them if she wanted to, but that would probably draw a bit more attention to them than they may have liked. The Princess herself is already going to attract a lot of attention. With that in mind, she approached the door. "Well, we could always get their quicker if we fly, and we have plenty of pegasi for the job, or we can always take the hot air balloon. Otherwise I'm perfectly fine with walking. It's just whether we want to get there quickly or if we want to enjoy the scenery on the way there," she commented waiting for the others to make a decision on how they were getting to where they were going.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it seemed to go unnoticed by Iron, likely just not hearing it over the course of everything else. Ice walked over to her. "Are we flying?" she asked now curiously so that she knew what was going on.

Iron looked to Ice and nodded. “Yes, flying would be the fastest way to reach our goal. With my working equipment I can lift up to two ponies, or one on my back. But I guess since we are enough ponies with wings, there shouldn´t be a problem. Ice, are you up for a ride?” she asked the unicorn and bowed down a bit so that Ice could easily climb on her back. “Perhaps Alex could lift Electro and Colt could carry Daylight. I think that would be the best option.” She finished and got near Ice. Without further asking, she just lifted Ice on her back herself, holding her softly with her wings. She smiled at her since this would be the first flight they would take together. Iron couldn´t hide that she was looking forward to it and that she was a bit excited.

With flying they would be there in a jiffy and Ice would see her new family. Of course their mother Minia as a Grayhoove tactician would be a very difficult case. She was always very careful and analytic and had also argument Colt into a corner. She was a lovely mother, but her approval would be harder than getting approval from the council to access the magical library. But they had to get there first, so Iron looked at everyone if all were ready.

Duran meanwhile was looking out of his saddlebag and watching Daylight. It was a very interesting experience to have a detective within the group who actually tried to find something out about the lynx. As he heard that they all would fly to their destination, he put out the little piloting goggles and used a cloth he found as a scarf. Now he looked like a pilot kitty and this Pegasus would be his aircraft. He noticed that Iron Wing had lifted Ice on her back. He then jumped at Ice´s back and looked around. He snarled a bit which meant something like “I´ll check on the freight.”, refering to Ice,  and massaged a bit different parts of her back with his paws. “Everything seems to be in order crew, we shall get the lift off clearance from the tower!” he continued and looked into Colts direction. He was the largest of the group and the lynx acknowledged him as the airport tower within his little fantasy right now. “Seems the tower is confused right now, we shall wait for takeoff aproval...”

The group was finally ready to leave and air was the chosen rote. The sunny day and the cerulean sky was waiting for them, for a second Colt thought that this would be the first time he would fly side to side with a group this big of ponies, for a reason the dragon felt a little excitement because of that. The decision of carrying the non-flying members of the group surprised the dragon a little "I thought we would take Miss Sparkle's recommendation and use her balloon as a flying carriage but well in the end getting there its what matter" Colt mind spelled as his sister considered the situation.

post-9346-0-12944100-1366821672.png

"...eight...nine...and four of us cant fly... hmmmm I think Ill have to do my part too." Earth Miracle thought the moment Duran jumped out of her saddlebag to play. "I think there are enough air units here to transport the land units dont you think Duran?" she asked to the now playfull kitty straight into his mind. "And I thought you used to lived there with, Her parents, that is also your home right? I mean not the one by right now but home its home" she continued. "My brother its being an idiot, first he makes me go through all of this and now he plays a fool infront of Princess Luna, whats wrong with him "

“Perhaps Alex could lift Electro and Colt could carry Daylight. I think that would be the best option.”

"I dont see any problem with giving Daylight a lift, I mean If that its ok with you Daylight" the young drake said to the golden unicorn after listening to Iron's orders "there is no problem for you is it?  some time of dragon flight its not that bad right Mr. Detective?" Colt completed having a friendly voice towards his "passenger". "You can hop on my back or I can carry you from your hooves... but for the distance that could be not the best choice " saying this Colt bowed a little allowing an "easy climb" for the pony, his hood unfolded into his wings and the yellow scales on his back bent down just to be sure the pony was safe..  @@Dave247

Well, we could always get their quicker if we fly, and we have plenty of pegasi for the job, or we can always take the hot air balloon.

post-9346-0-07519000-1361933467.png

"Well if we are carrying our earthbound  partners that leaves me to be your transport Miss Sparckle." Emi said with a wide smile while friendly aproaching to the lilac mare. According to the alabaster pegasus thoughts that was the only way they all could fly to their destination  "... unless you have another idea in mind hehehe" a little nervous giggle escaped from Emi. Twilight was an Element of harmony, a celebrity in a way. "My name its Eath Miracle but please spare the formalities and just call me Emi and let me tell you its an honor to meet you"

Edited by Colt
  • Brohoof 1

When Emi had made the comment that Alex seemed to be like one of those speed daredevils and that he was super serious on breaking a speed record, Electrobolt couldn't help but chuckle a bit as he nodded. But when Emi spoke her next words, he couldn't help but blush a bit as she said that he was a gentlecolt. She then said that she LOVED ice cream, before saying that she'll tell him when she finds out what the flavor is as she added that she might just try ALL of Ice's different flavors of ice cream. He smiled and nodded as he was about to say something, before seeing Emi turn to speak to Colt in a lower tone.

Not wanting to seem like he's intruding in their private matters, Electrobolt began to look around a bit as he saw some ponies getting ready to go as Duran remained on his back, resting comfortably. After a bit longer, Emi spoke up once more as she said they would have all day to talk later and have fun. She then got closer to Duran and opened her saddlebag before saying that he'd probably like a comfortable ride, to which the little feline jumped off his back and landed inside the saddlebag before popping out and booping him in the nose.

*Hahah, such a silly and adorable kitten,* he thought to himself with a smile and a light chuckle as he stretched out before heading outside with the rest of the group. Upon joining Iron, Ice, and the others outside, he heard them discussing about how they would get to their destination, which it sounded like they were going to fly there. As he looked around, he noticed a number of them were able to fly, as he heard somepony mention carrying the ponies that couldn't fly on their backs. *Flying does sound like a good idea, and hopefully we won't run into any trouble on the way...*

When he heard Iron Wing suggest that Colt could carry Daylight and Alex could carry him, Electrobolt nodded as he looked around. While that idea sounded good to him, he was wondering where the pegasus could be. *Is he still inside?* he thought to himself, before sighing. Either way, the group pretty much has a plan set now. But then, Emi spoke up as she asked Twilight if she had another idea in mind. Whichever way they go, he would be good for. At the moment though, it seemed like they were waiting for now, so he just decided to sit down against the building as he waited for everyone to be ready to go.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

"Yes that's right we will be flying soon" The dragon stood up while saying this words in a shaky way "Excuse me Iron, Luna I'll make sure Emi is ready to depart." he said with a little blush and unable to see the alicorn in the eye.

Princess Luna couldn't help but notice that Colt seemed a little flustered as he spoke, before just waking away altogether. She couldn't help but wonder if it was something she'd said—perhaps her answer had not been what he was looking for, and he was disappointed. Yet, she'd answered truthfully, so what did he want from her? All she could do was stare thoughtfully after him, contemplating what went wrong.

"Oh... thank you very much!" Iron thanked Luna for that compliment. She really didn´t expect a compliment from a princess and she didn´t know how to react to it. For sure Luna had much more experience in singing and in other things aswell, so she would just treasure this... "Wait..." she thought. "If my complexion is any indicator?" she repeated in mind and blushed a bit.

At least Iron Wing was there to take her attention away from the Dragon. ”You're very welcome. Luna smiled back shyly. Iron didn't seem exactly sure of the compliment—after all, it wasn't exactly every day when a princess commented on your looks, so what else could Luna expect? Iron seemed to willingly accept it though, even if she was a little embarrassed.

Iron looked to Ice and nodded. “Yes, flying would be the fastest way to reach our goal. With my working equipment I can lift up to two ponies, or one on my back. But I guess since we are enough ponies with wings, there shouldn´t be a problem. Ice, are you up for a ride?” she asked the unicorn and bowed down a bit so that Ice could easily climb on her back. “Perhaps Alex could lift Electro and Colt could carry Daylight. I think that would be the best option.” She finished and got near Ice. Without further asking, she just lifted Ice on her back herself, holding her softly with her wings. She smiled at her since this would be the first flight they would take together. Iron couldn´t hide that she was looking forward to it and that she was a bit excited.

As Iron Wing stated that flight would be the method of transportation, and seeing as there were multiple ponies that needing carrying, surely she herself would be paired with Ice Storm. But, as Iron began divvying out those without wings to those with wings, Luna was extremely disappointed. Still, she kept a smile on her face, not wanting to upset any of the others or ruin the day for them. It wasn't that big of a deal, really... At least, that's what Luna was trying to tell herself.

"Well if we are carrying our earthbound partners that leaves me to be your transport Miss Sparckle." Emi said with a wide smile while friendly aproaching to the lilac mare. According to the alabaster pegasus thoughts that was the only way they all could fly to their destination "... unless you have another idea in mind hehehe"

And, while Luna was busy sulking, Earth Miracle claimed the last earth bound pony. Princess Luna glanced around at all the others, happily chatting away with whoever they were transporting or who was transporting them. She felt out of place, and strayed to the edge of the group, so as not to intrude. Perhaps Iron Wing had not assigned her because she felt it was beneath a princess to take on such a laborious task. But she wasn't a princess today; she was doing her best to just be a normal pony. She was beginning to think it might have been a bad idea for her to come at all.
  • Brohoof 2