Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You don't seem like the type who would...?

LittleSis

Pretty simple: Something you do or like that most people wouldn't expect based off of everything else in your life or how you look or act.

My example:

Ever since I started listening to metal and hard rock (Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Korn, Disturbed, etc), the first response I got when people learned about it was "You don't look like the type of girl who would like that." That has always really bothered me. It is true, I don't look or really act like a "metalhead"--hell, I'm a BALLERINA. Skinny, short, generally nice, not too "out there" in fashion or makeup or anything. But I still love the music and have had a slightly unhealthy obsession with Marilyn Manson. So who is anyone to judge or assume my taste in music based on my "look" or how I seem to people?

• Brohoof 20

I guess I could say that I am kind of similar to what you just said. I love heavy metal and hard rock but I would not categorize myself in looking like someone who does like that music. But hey at least we both can enjoy good music right!  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

i was recently told that i didn't look like the type to watch My Little Pony. Mostly because I hate everything and am dark in my views. Glad to see Metal Heads in the fandom hehe

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if I can really think of anything unpredictable about myself. I feel like I'm kinda predictable. I dunno maybe nobody ever tells me about this type of thing ever though.

retty simple: Something you do or like that most people wouldn't expect based off of everything else in your life or how you look or act.

My example:

Ever since I started listening to metal and hard rock (Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Korn, Disturbed, etc), the first response I got when people learned about it was "You don't look like the type of girl who would like that." That has always really bothered me. It is true, I don't look or really act like a "metalhead"--hell, I'm a BALLERINA. Skinny, short, generally nice, not too "out there" in fashion or makeup or anything. But I still love the music and have had a slightly unhealthy obsession with Marilyn Manson. So who is anyone to judge or assume my taste in music based on my "look" or how I seem to people?

Marilyn Manson FTW!! :D :D :D

People tend to be surprised by the amount I eat... I'm a very small guy (5'6, 120 lbs) but I eat more than most of my 6'+ friends.  So that's one.

Also, the friends I've told were shocked to find out that I'm a brony. ;)

I'm big into computers and technology. When people see me all fashionista and stuff, they automatically assume I want to do something with fashion as a career, but actually I don't. When I tell them that I want to do something with technology as a career, their jaws drop. Some people seem to expect more of me than just...that tbh. :(

• Brohoof 5

I'm such a hodge-podge of random, nonsensical, obscurities, I can't really pinpoint one thing that people wouldn't expect of me, because most of what I do, people don't expect of me. For some reason, I'm just attracted to things that nobody else is doing.

I suppose there might be one thing I can offer. I tend to have a really bad temper. I have a short fuse and blow up like an A-bomb. Often, over nothing. I escalate quickly. However, recently, I was at dinner with some coworkers, and I told them that I tend to have a pretty bad temper. They all had a hard time believing it. So I guess, maybe, I don't seem like the type who would have a bad temper.

• Brohoof 1

The one thing people never expect from me is swear words.  Which I always think is weird cuz people who know me really well, know that I've cussed like a sailor since about 6th grade.  I mean, I'm polite around women and people who I don't think would appreciate that kind of language, but whenever I meet new people and we're talking very candidly and I start swearing, people seem to find it weird.

That and when I joined the Army.  I joined when I was still in high school and I told some friends that I was going in the Army and I had several people flat out not believe me when I told them.  Which is discouraging and rage inducing.  haha  I mean, I never really was that gung ho military guy but to just not believe me when I say it.  And they especially can't believe that someone as nerdy as me went into artillery.  They expected some big wall of computers in a bunker somewhere.  haha

• Brohoof 5

Those that know me are kind of surprised when they find out I am into MLP because to those that don't know the series I would seem to one of the least likely to be into a show about cartoon ponies. Most of my other interests are what society would deem to be fairly masculine like wrestling for example though one thing I have realized since watching the show is that my feminine side is a lot stronger than I thought it was. Also I have got a bit of a nerdy side that has been a part of me since Middle School though at 6 feet tall and weighing in at 350 pounds I certainly don't look the part if anything I have been told I look like a football player.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Unfortunately, I don't think that i can apply this in any way. All of my IRL friends know me as that crazy-ass smart/nerdy kid who has the personality of Pinkie Pie (okay, they wouldn't think of it in terms of MLP, but they'd think something along those lines) and does all kinds of random crap.

I suppose if I did something generic and rebellious for a teenager, such as drugs or sex, they might be surprised. But I've never done either.

Night%20Shine%20shrugpony%20emoticon.png

EDIT: Actually, when a lot of people first hear me swear, they're really surprised. Probably because I often act very intellectual in certain groups, situations and moods. :P

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 2

Whenever I tell people that I hardly play modern games there taken back. I LOVE to collect old games and I know alot about them. People expect me to have an Xbox and play Call of Duty but....I don't. Well, I do play TF2 and other PC Games but still. I have a NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Atari 2600, Sega Genisis, PS2, Rally IV Pong Console, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP. People are also taken back when I prefer Nintendo over Call of Duty and stuff. Newer Games I have are the Wii, 3DS, DSi.

Today people expect me to play games with gore, blood and murder, but no. I am an offical Nintendo Fanboy and thats not gonna change for a while. Despite my age, I love old things, especially GAMES!!

People are surprised when I'm actually a really quiet and shy person (In real life that is, its pretty easy for me to speak my mind on the internet) because I look like a skinhead, with my short haircut (I look like a complete idiot with long hair) and my stocky body. This has kind of gone down recently though, as I've lost a lot of weight and haven't been growing at the same rate as my classmates, now holding the title of the second shortest boy in my tutor group, when I used to be one of the tallest.

I don't look like the type that would watch my little pony. Whenever I'm buying accessories from hot topic, they always seem surprised. Like they would say "Oh your too pretty to like my little pony." What the hay does that supposed to mean...

• Brohoof 1

I would, unlike a lot of people my age, say no to most sexual activity. All of my friends are so overly obsessed and its the first thing they think about when they see someone who looks good :/

And I like ponies :D

People say I don't look like the type who would watch My Little Pony, even though I watch sports like basketball and football. Still watch wrestling but, MLP matters more to me then wrestling.

(edited)

I'm the kind of guy who's obsessed with obscure stuff.

Logos. I freaking love 'zem.

*HERE'S AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE CHEESIEST LOGO EVER, BRACE YOURSELF*

Also, I'm a metalhead.

KISS, Metallica, ACDC, Van Halen, Rammstein, Led Zeppelin and Def Leppard. You name it, I wanna hear it.

But I'm too short for my age and nobody takes me seriously.

Edited by ~Хаотичан Четник~
  • Brohoof 1

I guess I could say that I am kind of similar to what you just said. I love heavy metal and hard rock but I would not categorize myself in looking like someone who does like that music. But hey at least we both can enjoy good music right!  ^_^

I guess I would say I'm the same way. I listen to heavy metal and hard rock too, and I wouldn't really say I necessarily look like someone who would.  Although I'm not sure how what you look like has anything to do with what music you listen to.

People don't tend to expect my more sensitive side and how I like to listen to more emotional sorts of music and read more emotional sorts of stories. I'm always a jokester and act pretty thick-skinned, so this comes across as a surprise. I also like to think I'm more considerate than what people see me as; if someone decides to sit with my friends during lunch, I'm always checking on them and making sure they don't feel left out.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I might go the easy route and say someone who would like MLP as well. Some people are in for a pretty big shock when I wear my new Scootalove sweatshirt tomorrow :).

Also tennis. Most people know that I play tennis, but they don't know that I'm pretty good if I do say so myself. (Summons Mare Do Well). I hope to do well in school competition this year and I believe I'll have a very good record if I keep practicing as hard as I have been.

But really, you could say this about loads of things for me. My interests are very diverse and my taste in books, music, TV etc, all essentially boil down to "Anything, if it's good." This often results in people asking questions like "You listen to rap/orchestra music?" You read Solzhenitsyn/manga about pirates?" It can be really funny sometimes, especially because I usually assume people knew these things all along.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 5

But really ,you could say this about loads of things for me. My interests are very diverse and my taste in books, music, TV  etc,  all essentially boil down "Anything, if it's good." This often results in people asking questions like "You listen to rap/orchestra music?" You read Solzhenitsyn/manga about pirates?" It can be really funny sometimes, especially because I usually assume people knew these things all along.   

The friend that introduced me to ponies has interesting taste particularly in music, he is a hard core metal head but also listens to classic music. I was a bit surprised by this at first but as a musician myself I have noticed that heavy metal while it is without question different than classical music has a lot more in common with it than I originally thought.

I look like the happiest guy in the entire world. My drama teacher has stated this numerous times, which is why I cannot be a villain in a play.

But in reality, I have been extremely depressed, and very suicidal in the past.

• 1 month later...

People don't really expect me to swear. I'm usually quite the shy and introverted person, so when I meet new friends they find it a shocker when I swear. And I swear often. 

Another one would be basketball. I love basketball, and I'm quite the good shooter, too. But I don't really come off as an athletic person. So when I'm shooting with a few friends, they usually gape when I get the ball in from far away. Just over a third of a court is the furthest I can shoot from and get the ball in. And that's pretty good for a girl my age. XD

Another thing, my self esteem. Most people expect me to have low self esteem or something because of how shy I am, but I have a healthier ego than half my friends. XD You could probably tell by now, but anyway. :P

I might go the easy route and say someone who would like MLP as well. Some people are in for a pretty big shock when I wear my new Scootalove sweatshirt tomorrow smile.png.

But really, you could say this about loads of things for me. My interests are very diverse and my taste in books, music, TV etc, all essentially boil down to "Anything, if it's good." This often results in people asking questions like "You listen to rap/orchestra music?" You read Solzhenitsyn/manga about pirates?" It can be really funny sometimes, especially because I usually assume people knew these things all along.

You have a Scootalove sweatshirt? :D

Anyway, I can relate to the diverse taste in music and literature. I listen to music from pretty much all genres, which comes as a surprise to lots of people. Not to mention books. XD

• Brohoof 2

The type that wouldn't get angry at anybody at school that pisses me off. But in reality, I'm actually building up so much anger and making up devious evil plans. :o

tumblr_m92zh8razg1qgsraco1_400.gif

I am a transsexual and constantly when I draw rule 34 of SHOWS ahem

People always say "You draw "THAT"? you honestly look like someone who'd be to afraid about things like that."

It gets on all my nerves just becuase of my... gender? Apparently it's not normal to draw freely. I makes me so gosh darn mad

• Brohoof 1