Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do the writers know about the outrage sparked from Princess Twilicorn?

Commander_PonyShep

The writers and Princess Twilicorn  

67 users have voted

1. 1. Do the writers know about the outrage sparked from Princess Twilicorn?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. If so, how can they compensate?

• Change Twilight back to a unicorn
    • Keep the change, but make sure Twilight's still the same Twilight
    • Other (specify)

(edited)

I don't think the change was DHX's idea. For the major episodes we almost always get two parts and get them both within a short time of each other. I think Hasbro made them do it as quickly as possible so they could sell twilicorn toys. I am not opposed to the idea of her becoming an alicorn but I think it was far too rushed. And as for the people saying she will live while her friends will die, I don't think every alicorn is immortal. Think about it, would cadence have married shining armor if she knew he would just die while she continued living forever? I think that only celestia and Luna are immortal.

Edited by Cloud_thunderhoof

(edited)

I think they were anticipating some sort of negative reaction with Twilicorn, but I think it was a risk they were willing to take. The way I see it, they can't really move the show forward without taking some big risks(albeit, there might've been more to do beforehand, but I don't make the show so what can I say?) and what's done is done. We've only seen Twilicorn introduced, so we'll just have to wait and see how they handle her before we can really judge

Edited by Megas75

I believe that the writers are full aware about how the fandom feels about Twilight becoming a princess. I mean its obvious that they paid attention to us when they pandered us with the Scootaloo ep, Pinkie Pie clone ep, Discord returning, and Rainbow Dash at the Wonderbolt Academy. These were all great things that happened but I don't think they listened to well for the finale.

I believe that the writers are full aware about how the fandom feels about Twilight becoming a princess. I mean its obvious that they paid attention to us when they pandered us with the Scootaloo ep, Pinkie Pie clone ep, Discord returning, and Rainbow Dash at the Wonderbolt Academy. These were all great things that happened but I don't think they listened to well for the finale.

Well, if the writers already pandered to us in those aforementioned ways, I hope the writers do it again with Princess Twilight, namely by means of having her decide between her friends and royalty, and eventually being forced to choose the former over the latter. How they're going to make her decide, I've yet to find out.

There are still plenty of threads available for those who wish to discuss their reactions to the "Twilicorn issue". Please continue to discuss the issue in one of the existing threads. Thank you.

• Brohoof 1