Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pairings in Equestria Girls Spin-Off

100 beasts kaidou

Do you think there will be canon couples in the Equestria Girls Spinoff? Well its in highschool and it IS aimed at teenagers so I would say yes. Even though I hope every episode isnt about Romance.

Bonus Question: what pairings do you think will be in it?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's quite possible. I mean, if it's going to be about high school, I'm sure they'll have a something about relationships in there. 

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 2

It's quite possible. I mean, if it's going to be about high school, I'm sure they'll have a something about relationships in there. 

Well, I can picture Rarity doing it, and possibly Twilight, but other than that, it wouldn't fit the other characters personality. 

I mean, Pinkie Pie with a boyfriend? I think the universe would implode if that happened. I can't even imagine.  :blink: 

Actually I could see Rainbow Dash liking a colt but hides it like she does with the daring doo or Tank. But I agree PP or AJ wont work in a relation ship.

But why Twilight? I get Rarity but Twi had barely cared about friends before she moved to ponyvill

• Brohoof 2

Eh, it's a possiblity. I wouldn't call it an absolute certainty, but it's not unlikely. As for would be paired, Rarity is almost a gurantee. And as much I would enjoy Twilight in this situation (Mostly because I can mentally replace her boyfriend with myself), it doesn't really suit the other Mane 5.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna laugh if there is all this teenage drama where they all fight over boys and stuff XD

Rainbow Dash steals Twilight's boyfriend and then super crazy drama ensues.

• Brohoof 5

Oh snap. I hadn't thought of this. I suppose if there was going a significant difference between the two shows (other than the whole humanized thing), it would have to be something like that. I just don't think it would be as good as the original mlp show.

Yeah. Probably. I just hope it's well executed like in iCarly and Drake and Josh.

Yeah, I can see Rarity having a different boyfriend every other day.

Twilight. Eh... Not really. But of she does, I'm mentally replacing him with myself like someone else here said.

Pinkie... Probably not, no. I could see it working if her boyfriend was similar to her.

Fluttershy. I highly doubt she'll even talk to a boy.

RD, maybe a secret Helga Pattaki-Arnold kind of thing.

AJ, meh. Can't really see that.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I can honestly say some type of relationship will probably happen in the show. As long as its done well then I'm fine.

What I don't want it to do is have it turn into a romantic series.

If your into to that then cool, I actualy have no problem with romantics series, I even saw one that was okay.

I just don't think it would work for this franchise that is based on MLP.

Also I do see an episode where Fluttershy likes a boy, but is too shy to say or do anything. What would be cool is if this guy also likes Fluttershy, but is also shy. That would be a perfect pairing.

What? Don't judge my creativity.

Edited by Phoenix237

(edited)

I could see this happening and I'm not sure if I would enjoy it. Even though I don't think Equestria Girls is MLP canon compliant, some people might try to use this as the end all in the shipping discussion.

Although I may just be bitter because none of the pairings I like have even a teeny chance of happening ;). All I can say is that if Dashie gets a boyfriend, I will team up with Dimitri to hunt down Big Macintosh and whoever the guy is :)

Edited by DashForever

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I think the pairings in EG wont be the mane six with guys. but pairings like Big Mac and cheerliee that were hinted at the actual show but never happened. or maybe even Sombra and Chrysalis, Discord and Celestia, Blueblood and trixie

Oh please don't make Equestria Girls into one of those stupid melodramatic romance TV shows where every freaking episode is about Character A liking Character B making Character C jealous. However, a bit of romance is ok.

• Brohoof 2

Oh please don't make Equestria Girls into one of those stupid melodramatic romance TV shows where every freaking episode is about Character A liking Character B making Character C jealous. However, a bit of romance is ok.

I totally agree. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF THAT KIND OF SHOW IS LIKE THAT!

Dude, if they have a Doctor Whooves x Derpy human relationship, that would be awesome!

AJ: yeah, I could see her with a country boy. She would act like Miley cirus. I'm just saying...

Twilight: Well, she is a bookworm, so probably no. Well, there might be a boy who likes Twilight, but she doesn't really pay attention.

Pinkie pie: probably not. people would just think she's insane and stay away from her.

Fluttershy: She wouldn't talk to anyone. But people would treat her as the opposite of PP. Getting all the attention.

Rarity: she would have a new boyfriend every other day, like what like want @Yes-Man said.

Rainbow dash: sure, she could be the girlfriend with the athletic jocks.

I totally agree. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF THAT KIND OF SHOW IS LIKE THAT!

Dude, if they have a Doctor Whooves x Derpy human relationship, that would be awesome!

AJ: yeah, I could see her with a country boy. She would act like Miley cirus. I'm just saying...

Twilight: Well, she is a bookworm, so probably no. Well, there might be a boy who likes Twilight, but she doesn't really pay attention.

Pinkie pie: probably not. people would just think she's insane and stay away from her.

Fluttershy: She wouldn't talk to anyone. But people would treat her as the opposite of PP. Getting all the attention.

Rarity: she would have a new boyfriend every other day, like what like want @Yes-Man said.

Rainbow dash: sure, she could be the girlfriend with the athletic jocks.

Fluttershy: I want her to be with Soarin' (Yes, I ship Fluttershy with Soarin' I like this relationship)

I also want to see Spike with Sweetie Belle (My most favorite shipping ever)

The others: They can do what they want.

Fluttershy: I want her to be with Soarin' (Yes, I ship Fluttershy with Soarin' I like this relationship)

I also want to see Spike with Sweetie Belle (My most favorite shipping ever)

The others: They can do what they want.

Well, what about the only officially canon couple, Cadence and Shining? Where would they go? Or would they just stay at Equestria? The possibilities are endless!

Well, what about the only officially canon couple, Cadence and Shining? Where would they go? Or would they just stay at Equestria? The possibilities are endless!

Who cares about them? They can go be all "lovey dovey" in the Crystal Empire for all I care. (Maybe they could make Twilight an aunt if you know what I mean. )

Who cares about them? They can go be all "lovey dovey" in the Crystal Empire for all I care. (Maybe they could make Twilight an aunt if you know what I mean. )

Oh. My.

If they have Big Mac dating Cheerilee, that would be canon as buck! I mean the universe would explode! BOOM! POW! BAZINGA! (If you know what I'm referencing! ZING!)

Oh. My.

If they have Big Mac dating Cheerilee, that would be canon as buck! I mean the universe would explode! BOOM! POW! BAZINGA! (If you know what I'm referencing! ZING!)

I thought Big Mac and Cheerilee were just friends in that episode and the only reason they were all "lovey dovey" (I like that word) is because the Cutie Mark Crusaders gave them a love potion.

Maybe Babs Seed could get a boyfriend. (You strike me as a person who likes Babs Seed. Am I right?)

I thought Big Mac and Cheerilee were just friends in that episode and the only reason they were all "lovey dovey" (I like that word) is because the Cutie Mark Crusaders gave them a love potion.

Maybe Babs Seed could get a boyfriend. (You strike me as a person who likes Babs Seed. Am I right?)

I AM Babs Seed.

Anyway, it would be a miracle if I were in this show. And Frost (Babs' Coltfriend) could be in it! That would be so awesome!

I AM Babs Seed.

Anyway, it would be a miracle if I were in this show. And Frost (Babs' Coltfriend) could be in it! That would be so awesome!

I thought you were a boy?

Sorry, but I highly doubt they will post Frost in the show. They don't really put OCs in the show. They might though, but you would have to be extremely lucky.

I thought you were a boy?

Sorry, but I highly doubt they will post Frost in the show. They don't really put OCs in the show. They might though, but you would have to be extremely lucky.

That just blows my pink hair! *blows hair* anyway, if the CMCs were in it, than I would be in it too! That would be so awesome! Like, the best thing ever!

I don't get why everyone is saying Rarity.

She has expectations, she likes those elegant, and who have standards, i don't see her being the "new boyfriend everyday" type. 

I don't honestly see any of them with boyfriends, plus, I rather not see it. Of course, it'll happen though.

Teenage Romance? Yes.

Same Sex Shipping? No.

I doubt the topic will be addressed very often, and Rarity will most likely be the only one interested (because Hasbro loves to make her the stereotypically "girly" character).

Edited by Twinhead B

I don't get why everyone is saying Rarity.

She has expectations, she likes those elegant, and who have standards, i don't see her being the "new boyfriend everyday" type. 

I don't honestly see any of them with boyfriends, plus, I rather not see it. Of course, it'll happen though.

you know what? I agree. she is not a slut or a whore. thar fanon pisses me off. I mean comeon she was crushing on the same stallion for like what? two or three years before the gala. Pinkie on the other hand.....
  • Brohoof 1