Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pairings in Equestria Girls Spin-Off

100 beasts kaidou

you know what? I agree. she is not a slut or a whore. thar fanon pisses me off. I mean comeon she was crushing on the same stallion for like what? two or three years before the gala. Pinkie on the other hand.....

I don't think Pinkie doing that either, but she is a bit careless, of  course, Hasbro will come up with some shit about "hurr hurr, i know, let's make it completely super ironic and ship her with the emo kid" I can honestly see that happening :I

Ugh, it's this kind of crap that makes me want to avoid this show like the plague. The whole 'high school drama' thing makes me sick to the stomach -.-

I hope the show doesn't degrade to this, but it probably will.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind a little romance here and there and could see this happening but if they overdo it will just become another one of those hackneyed cliched teen shows which are little more than soap operas dumbed down to the nth degree with a slew of Mary Sue and Gary Stu characters thrown in geared toward a slightly younger audience. With that said the most likely would probably be as many people said Rarity as we know from MLP she does seem to be the most romantically inclined though I could see as a possibility for any of them.

I don't mind a little romance here and there and could see this happening but if they overdo it will just become another one of those hackneyed cliched teen shows which are little more than soap operas dumbed down to the nth degree with a slew of Mary Sue and Gary Stu characters thrown in geared toward a slightly younger audience. With that said the most likely would probably be as many people said Rarity as we know from MLP she does seem to be the most romantically inclined though I could see as a possibility for any of them.

I'm not against romance or anything, as long as its done right. When meager crushes are the sole point of a show, that's when it starts to get revolting. The fact that it takes place in high school incourages meager crushes.

Also, why does it take place in high school? I always thought the mane 6 were in their twenties. They all live on their own and have jobs, so there was no reason to think otherwise. Rarity is a business owner for Christ sake! But that is a debate for another thread.

Edited by ~Lawful Jordo~

I can see Rarity being interested in it, I mean shes already kinda interested in it to some extent in MLP.

I imagine maybe Twilight will be.

Not sure about the others, they'd all feel a bit odd to see in a relationship.

And yeah I hope it doesn't take a big role in the show.

I think its bound to happen to some extent.

I'm not against romance or anything, as long as its done right. When meager crushes are the sole point of a show, that's when it starts to get revolting. The fact that it takes place in high school incourages meager crushes.

And that is precisely what I meant by overdoing it, as for their ages yes in Friendship is Magic they are adults but from what we know about Equestria Girls so far it seems like it is in a high school setting which would probably make them a bit younger in that.

You forget that Pinkie is already in love with everyone and everything especially candy. But yeah Rarity is the most likely one, however we can't forget Discord, Celestia and Luna. And what are they going to do to Cadence's marriage is another question to be asking.

Hmm, never thought about it because I don't care for EG. But if I have to if I post, here are some couples.

Mane 6

Pinkie Pie x She doesn't have any chances of having a boyfriend or whatever. Too peppy.

Fluttershy x Big Mac (Yesh, I do ship dem.)

Twilight x Some nerdy boy.

Rarity x Every hot boy

Rainbow x Soarin

AJ x Some other country boy.

Others

Derpy x Doctor (He'll have a different name in the show if he is in it, trust me. Unless hes a teacher.)

Vinyl x Neon (They could be a famous DJing couple.)

Lyra x Bon Bon (Its okay to be a lesbian if its Lyra and Bon Bon)

Celestia x Discord

Cadance x Shining

Chryalis x Sombra

Spike x Apple Bloom or Sweetie Belle

Scootaloo x Some boy her age

Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon x Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon (Trust me...)

That is all.

• 4 years later...

I love the idea of Sunset Shimmer being with Flash Sentry. I mean, it could happen after their talk in LoE. It's my OTP and I've shipped it since I saw LoE on October 1. BTW can't wait till my anniversary of shipping it! 

I would love to see Sunset and Princess Twilight become a couple, but I know that will never happen. Besides that I don't have any preferences towards this subject.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the highschool setting for the franchise and the hints that have been made with Flash and Timber, I think that pairings will be made on CHS but only if they spin off a series format.

The movie format has little time to explore even some of the main characters (the humane 5 have barely been explored and most of their traits are just implied to be the same as the mane 5 from Equestria), that's why it's somewhat difficult to accept a pair on the same format.

The series format however have just proven with a set of 3 specials that it can explore the characters of the humane 5 (being Rarity the one they chose for it). This is mainly because as a film they need a strong plot (which takes a lot of screen time just to set up a context) and an episode can be just slice of life or a longer plot which can be chopped into several episodes (giving enough screen time to set up romance).

Now, about the possible pairings, my money goes to EQG only male characters such as Timber and Flash, although my guess is that they would all be new characters. Pairing up any of the humane 7 with a character that also exists in FiM would be a red alert for the main series, even if they explicitly separate both franchises.

Greetings!