Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who hates sweets?

StormzInvader

In general, I dislike candies, seriously! There aren't a lot of candies that I like. I just don't like that sweet feeling in my mouth compared to something that I eat that tastes sour or salty. I don't know if either I'm just weird or other people have this feeling too. I'd actually rather have a bowl of vegetables than to have a few candies. (vegetables aren't that bad, just putting up some common stereotypes up there so that you can at least get the concept behind it.)

The only "sweets" I eat would be a can of wafers that are always right beside me. I don't even know if they are considered as sweets. o.o

Are there other people who are having this?

• Brohoof 2

No not at all. I know a couple of my friends feel like this but only cause they're vegetarians and can't have some sort of gelatin which comes from cows used to make some sweets. I like sweet things and candy but I prefer my meats and proteins more.

I'm definitely very similar. I will get cravings for dessert sweets like cake or chocolate every so often, but for the most part I don't eat candy. I definitely do like salty and sour things more...and I'll never turn down vegetables!

Actually, I don't eat sweets at all. I am offered some once in a while and some people actually tell me to eat sweets. (I remember this one time that I was forced to eat chocolate, I honestly didn't really enjoy that)

Yeah, I ate candies that are too sweet before, but I still can't shake off the feeling that also the candies that aren't that sweet still have this tingly feeling in my mouth that I strongly dislike. I'd rather have something bitter actually. (not that bitter though!)

I used to be all over candy when I was younger but now I'm kind of meh, it doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. I still like it though. I'd way rather have a bag of chips or beef jerky or some other kind of unhealthy snack than sweets and candies.

I used to like sweets quite a bit....but then something happened.

It's called growing old. 

Excuse me while I go eat some delicious steamed asparagus.  Nah, but really,  sweets have been put on my "Things to avoid list"   occasionally I enjoy a snack or two,  but for the most part, it's just money i'd rather spend on something else.   Finding different pleasures, if you will.

Yes stormz, yes you are :U

I love sweets, I love anything sweet, and my tounge lusts all that is sweet. I've never gotten sick from eating sweets either, so I think I've hit the jackpot here.

• Brohoof 1

It's nothing weird for me, since I would always prefer a packet of chips or something along those lines over sweets. I think my preference is based on two things: 1. As a kid I was always being told that sweets destroy your teeth so I never really ate too much of those. 2. You can have much more variety with salty things as opposed to sweets...when I eat chocolate or candy they both taste very similar for me.

• Brohoof 1

Geee... Stop making "Am I the only one who..." topics. There are better titles. I mean it.

Either way, it's absolutely normal, everyone has very different tastes, someone loves everything sweet, someone can't stand sour things, another will cover everything in salt, tho admittedly, majority of people probably like all three basic tastes kinda equally. 

Personally I love sweet-sour combinations. Like those gummy worms things. I just love them. You know what I mean, right?

1540.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I've kinda lost my sweet tooth lately. Occasionally, I'll have some candy or other form of sweets. But recently it hasn't sounded as appetizing.

I myself don't like sweets that much, like gummy bears, or gummy worms, or a bubble gum. Really, they're so sickeningly sweet, and I can taste the artificialness. I only really eat chocolates (mmm  :lol: ) but other than that, I just can't stand the flavor of sweets and bubblegum and the like. I only buy mint-flavored gum, and chocolates. To me, I'd choose a nice salty piece of bacon or a spicy something or super-sour grape juice any day.

This thread is undeniable proof that there must be some kind of a divine power with a grudge against me, because I'm Diabetic, meaning I shouldn't have sweets, but I love sweets. Anything sweet, anything at all. Usually I settle for sugar free stuff, but still, I eat a ton of it. I mean, I love anything sweet, sodas, candies, pastries, cakes, ice creams. You name it.

There's simply nothing wrong with you not liking sweets. I am a sweets junkie, but I do have friends that despise them. So, there's really nothing wrong with that at all. It's basically their decision.

However, you do have an advantage of a healthier lifestyle if you keep it that way, and I think that's a good thing. ;)

No. I absolutely hate sweets with a fiery passion. I hate anything sweet. I'm a strictly salt-loving pony. Like, anything sweet makes me gag.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I could just flip a switch and turn off my sweet tooth, that would make keeping the pounds off a whole lot easier. But then again I like food in general and have a nasty habit of using it as comfort when I am upset or bored.

Am I the only one that dislikes "am I the only one..." threads?

Seriously though, you're not. Sweets are just too sugary for me and my teeth hurt as soon as I eat them so I avoid 'em. I'd take fruits over sweets any day.

The only candy I really like is Twizzlers, but other than that, they're not all that great. I absolutely hate marshmallows because they're just too rich and sweet.

• Brohoof 1

I do not like candy as well. It hurts my teeth, hurts my stomach, and is pretty much an overall burden to eat for me. Tis' why I don't Trick or Treat anymore, even if I am a little old for it. Candy isn't as delicious as it used to be.

What the? Are there people who dislikes candy? Oh dear.

Nah but I think it's strange :o

I know there's a girl in my class who hates a lot of stuff with much sugar in it, especially chocolate but I don't know anyone that actually hates sweets.