Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steampunk please.

Fender

This is Steampunk Derpy. You will all love her.

So...any other steampunk fans around here? Waiting for The World of Steam? Read G.D. Falksen? Anyone?

Oh hell yes! I love this! I loved steam punk before it was too popular.  Now that it's starting to slow down again I may get back into it in depth...
Anyways, great art, love it.  Keep at it!

• Brohoof 1

I don't much consider myself a fan of Steampunk so much as I think of myself as 'Neo-Victorian'...or maybe Edwardian. eh, some kind of mashup of old styles. Really, I just like old clothing. I could care less if it's steamy or punky. However....you may find this interesting if you haven't seen it before. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

tumblr_m6mfyxO3dX1qijj5vo1_500.jpg

Heh, that's a pretty awesome.

Yeah, I like stermpernk. Went to a stermpenk exhibition, did a few art projects about it when I was in college... all that jazz. Really got into it's history for a while. I kinda hate how the fashion side of it has been diluted over the last few years, though. Wearing a waistcoat with a cog patch on it doesn't make you Steampunk... :mellow:

I also listen to a few Steampunk themed bands. Steam Powered Giraffe, Abney Park, The Cog is Dead, The Clockwork Quartet (Who ironically have 5 members...) are some of my favorites.

There's a couple of great Steampunk animated shorts I like. "The Mysterious Geographical Explorations of Jasper Morello" is a great silhouette film inspired by the work of Lotte Reiniger. The film also inspired another short called "The Invention of Love", which is also fantastic. 

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Wearing a waistcoat with a cog patch on it doesn't make you Steampunk... :mellow:

Wait, it doesn't? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!

Nah, just kidding. Now I have that damn song stuck in my head again...

Now by all means I'm not an expert on steampunk. I don't interact much with the subculture, nor do I know much about steampunk literature or music, but I do like the design aesthetic and my attention will gravitate towards it whenever something steampunk catches my eye.