Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Shadows

~Rogue~

Hey guys I've been doing a couple of roleplays and I decided to make my own so here it is but first some rules.

1) No 18+ Stuff please. There can be romance but no sex.

2) Keep swearing to a minimum. You can but only in really REALLY bad times

3) When controlling someone else's OC don't make them do stupid things like to jump off of a cliff for no reason. Try to make them stay in character

4) anything that has nothing to do With the roleplay put in brackets/parentheses.

Plot: All is well in equestria. Everything is fine. But a dark shadow is slowly taking over the land. An ancient curse has been released and if it isn't stopped equestria will be in total darkness forever. I am using my Ground pony OC who is named Flaming Ash (Ash for a nickname) Lets start.

Flaming Ash had just woken up. He was ready. Ready for what you ask? He was ready for the day. He hadn't been preparing for anything. He hadn't had anything special coming up and he didn't have anything to save all of equestria from...yet. He was only ready for a normal day. Go out, buy food, check if nothing was horribly wrong with ponyville, etc. He wasn't expecting anything important to happen today. He felt a little cold though. He looked up and there were no clouds in the sky. The sun was shining brightly yet he felt a bit cool. He ignored it and moved on with the day not really thinking about it. He was about to go back home when he saw something bad happening. A little filly had lost control of her Applecart down a hill. It sped uncontrollably and crossing its path was old Granny Smith. He raced down the hill as fast as he could when he caught up with the cart. Just when it was about to crash into the unsuspecting old pony Ash pushed it to the side and it landed in the river. The apples were ruined but Granny Smith was fine. (Next pony can come and introduce themself)

• Brohoof 1

MoonSparkle decided to go out for some cake, she grabbed her telescope and tried walking out of the door causing her to get stuck "dam thing your so full of ************************************************************************" after having a large swearing fit she blew the door open with her magic and continued making sure her telescope was following behind her supported by a levitation spell, she saw loads of apples in  the river and frowned "free apples" she grinned lifting several out and keeping them for later, she decided to nibble on one as she walked. 

MoonSparkle saw ash or in her terms dirt, she went up to him "well hey theirs apples in the river, its well nice having free apples when you have to pay tons from that old hag, you want a apple?" she said to him completely ignoring the 'old hag'. "Guess what i spotted today, come on it was a comet and i bet you didn't know that muhahaha, its mine and will make me famous so your going to have to call me Queen MoonSparkle now" she added

MoonSparkle waited for Ash to bow but after he didn't she threw her large heavy telescope at him, "i said bow" she growled before using her alicorn magic to force everyone in sight to bow to her, "that's better she said feeling slightly happier"  

BTW MoonSparkle is slightly mad and likes to abuse her magic. Might not want to annoy her to much or you could become a toad for the rest of your life 

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

"Um, hello?" Silver Bark said into the store. It was empty. Why was everypony so afraid of her? Just cause she looked a tad goth didn't mean she was evil. She said and slammed the door on her way out. She watched a young stallion save an older pony from a speeding apple cart. She trotted up to him.

"That was very brave of you. I would give you a medal, but I unfortunately don't have one. I'm Silver Bark. Call me Silver or Silve. I prefer Silve, but nopony else does....I say, what does it take to get some food from one of those shops?" Silver said to the hero. She scratched one of her wings and flicked her tail at a fly. "It's almost as if the parasprites ate everything again!" Silver joked.

She grimaced. She hoped that this pony wouldn't mind her odd appearance or her cutie mark, which was pretty intimidating itself. She glanced back at the jewel with a coiled snake around it that had appeared on her flank the day she had discovered her talent. Yup, it was still there. She smiled brightly at the stallion, but somepony behind him noticed her and screamed. That pony ran for cover.

(BTW, I think MoonSparkle's been banned...or so I heard)

Edited by Luna Pie

(really moonsparkle has been banned?) "Thanks! My name is Ash. Flaming Ash. Just call me Ash. Nice to meet you Silve!" He Shook Silves hoof. The Fiily that had accidently let go of the apple cart came running down the hill. "Oh no! Now I'm Probably not gettig my Cutiemark in Apple Selling". "Theres a place that I like going to thats just around the corner. I was thinking about having lunch there. Do you wanna come?" He Asked. The look on Silvers face Lit up. 

The two ponies arrived at the Sandwich Parlor and took a seat. The waiter came with two menus. The waiter came by and dropped off two of the menus. He hurried off. "Its a little cold today isnt it?" Ash shivered a little. Silver didnt seem to notice. They looked at the menu. "So? How did you get your Cutiemark?" Ash asked. "I got mine because well..." He lifted up his hoof and a fireball appeared. He quickly put it out before anypony else could see. He didnt want to start any commotion. "How about you?"

(New rule: NO Overpowered. I dont really care about stuff like Splash over powered cause thats not too OP but i thinkn that MoonSparkle is being a little bit too OP with Her power)

(yeah Moon Sparkle is. Try clicking her name. Somepony else told me, too. She's done that to many of my role plays when I first got on)

"Well, my Cutie Mark is a deadly snake coiled around a jewel. It's suppose to represent the fact that I'm not all I seem. I may seem deadly, but I'm supposedly a jewel on the inside. I don't exactly know what that means. I was sorta born with my Cutie Mark. It appeared before I could see it, but after I was born.Somepony said that I looked frightening...I guess I do look intimidating. Zecora told me that it has something to do with crystal ponies. I personally don't know," Silve explained.

The waiter came over and asked for their orders. He shuddered when he asked Silver Bark. She glared at him, but put on a light smile.

"I'll have the Alfalfa and Lavender Deluxe Sandwich, if you please," she said through gritted teeth. "And a lemonade with extra ice and a slice of lemon. Don't use salt again. That was nasty. I'm not evil. Or dark. Or bad. Don't listen to rumors."

"And for you?" the waiter asked Flaming Ash.

"The Usual. Can i have a lemonade as well?" He asked the Waiter. The waiter happily nodded and walked inside the cafe. "So you also know Zecora? She seems more and more like a celebrity everyday. I dont judge a book by its cover. I like to get to know a pony and then i judge them. I dont even really judge ponies very often". A while later the meals for them came and they ate like pigs that hadnt eaten in five days. After eating it started to rain. "I thought it was schedueled to rain at four and not three. Seems there may be a time delay" Ash said. "Wanna come to my place for a while?" He offered silver a place to take shelter from the rain. "Sure. I'd be happy to."

Ashe's home was a pretty average place. it had a nice double bed with a nice sofa and a nice bookcase with nice books and even nicer floors. "I guess you can crash here for the night. Dont worry about it you can sleep in the princess. I'm gonna sleep on the couch." Flaming Ash knew this pony. She remembered this pony before from the incident at the dock. it seemed that she hadnt remembered him. Good. This should give them some time.

"Thanks! I try hard not to judge other ponies, but most agree that I'm 'an evil and menace to society.' It drives me insane. Yes, I do know Zecora. She's awesome. She gave me some really good advice. She told me that she was once in the same shoes that I'm now in. She suggested that I go make friends. They're supposed to stand up for you, or something. I've only had two friends: you and M&M Oreo Twist. We called M&M Oreo Twist 'M&Oreo.' She was really cool, but she joined Princess Luna's Cause and now supports Luna in her request to be able to come to Equestria during daytime and so she's only awake at night. I met her at a party in Manehatten. I'm a bit of a traveler. I've traveled to so many places. I finally decided to settle down and live here, but nopony seems to like me much. Thanks for letting me stay here. I should be getting a house tomorrow. I hope I can see my parents again! They should be coming to visit me the day after tomorrow. So, tell me about you. What've you done?" Silve asked. She liked to talk to ponies when they'd listen to her, especially ones as nice as Ash.

"Not much recently. Tomorrow I'm gonna see my sister for the first time in a while. I guess both of us are gonna see family!" Ash broke out a smile. It had been A year since he had seen his sister. She had been in the snow training for a whole year. It was to highten her senses and make her faster, stronger, and more adaptable. She had survived By herself. She was ready for anything. He was ready to see her again. He thought of how proud their mother and father would be if...

...mother and father...

<flashback>

"Hide hide Hide Now!" His mother was rushing the ponies around. "The bed. Hide under the Bed!" his mother was Yelling. The front door had been broken. He couldn't see anything but could hear everything. He heard the footsteps. The loud thundering footsteps. His mother broke out of the wardrobe and came at her with a knife. She missed. The creature grabbed her by the neck. "This is my mark! This is my Rebellion. This is our rebellion. You shall call me a Queen." The creature said. "Never!" My mom screamed. Its clench was growing tighter. It looked like my moms head was going to explode when.

*Snap*

<end of flashback>

'It must be nice to see your sister again! I have missed my own family dearly...ever since my parents divorced... Any way, i really should be getting some sleep. Thanks again and good night!" Silve cheerfully replied.

She climbed into the bed and fell into a deep slumber. She dreamed that the snake on her cutie mark was taunting her. Her mission was to get the jewel from it, but every time she got closer, it slithered farther. She turned to ask her friend for help, but Ash just said, 'Help yourself." with an evil grin. His eyes where red and black flamed slithered out his eyes. She ran from him, but the snake tried to bite her. She was trapped between the snake and the evil form of Ash. The dream changed. A crystal pony ran from Prince Bohar, King Sombra's son. Silve grabbed a crystal and lobbed it at him. It hit him square in the face. He turned to her and swallowed her whole. She awoke, sweaty but silently. it was still night time. Silve couldn't sleep so she thought of ways she could repay Ash for his hospitality.

Ash woke up to a banging on the door. It was annoying. It was in the middle of the night and he needed his sleep. Silve was suprised that somepony would be knocking at this time of night. He looked out the peephole. They were royal guards. It must of been important. "There are some guards outside. Why would they be here in the middle of the night?" Silver shrugged. She knew nothing about it. She wasn't lying. He opened the door. "We've had a report of a disturbance here. Is there anything going on?" Ash rolled his eyes. "No. Just some ponies getting some sleep." The guard then nudged the other guard as if he was signaling something.  Then out of nowhere it hit him. The guard punched him flat out in the stomache. Ash didn't fly far but just to his closet. "OK! Thats It! I've had enough of you damn  changlings!" He opened his closet and pulled out a full on katana. He lunged at one of them whom he hit straight in the leg. He yelled in pain. He swang at the other one which he missed. He stopped swinging and the other ran off a coward. He kicked the other one out becaus he decided to spare them and be nice tonight. "Sorry! This has been happening alot recently. The changlings. We have a history".

"OHMYGOSH! Are you okay? I should've helped...do you need ice or anything? My brother...he was...changelings...urgh. It's not easy to say. My brother died, but my parents were so grieved that they took a changeling and had Celestia switch it's mind with my dead brother's. My brother doesn't know he's a changeling 'cause of his disguise that was placed on him before he woke up. But he still has changeling instinct. He hates me (which he never did before) and he's always power-hungry. My parents are bringing him alongside my 7 other siblings. It's hectic. Maybe I could introduce them to you and visa versa?" Silve exclaimed.

<Flashback>

Brother: Hey, Silve! Watch me fly!

(Brother launches into the sky, performs complex loop-de-loops, and lands gracefully.)

Silver: Wow! That's so cool! Can I try?

Brother: Sure! Just be careful not to run square into the clouds!

(Silve tries to copy him, but fails)

Silve: I just can't do it. I'm too weak, small, and stupid. Just like everypony in my class says.

Brother: No, you're not! You just need a little practice! Here, try this!

(Brother flies up, takes a slow turn, then speeds around cloud. A cloud disengaged and he smacked into it and fell to the ground. Lightning struck the place that he fell to)

Silve: Mom! Dad! Brother's hurt!!!

(Parents rush Brother to Celestia)

<End of flashback>

"Anyway, how can I help?"

"I'm fine. There's something I need to tell you. I'm afraid if I tell you then they'll come after you too." Ash was in a little bit of pain but he took it. "When I was a filly of about nine my home was invaded by Changelings. We lived in the mountains so we weren't really close to any towns. I don't know why they wanted us but they wanted us really bad. My mother told us to hide when they were knocking down the door. My sister and I hid underneath mothers bed. When they eventually got in My mom tried to defend herself but she couldn't. The Queen strangled her and then..." A tear broke out. He was very sensitive about it. His sister felt the same way too. Our father went insane after she got killed. We ran away to Canterlot and Celestia gave us foster parents and a new home. When we were old enough to take care of ourselves I moved into a new home but my sister went into the snow and trained." Ash yawned. "That's pretty much my whole life story." He

Went to the closet and put away his katana. He needed his sleep. He flopped onto the couch. "Let's get back to bed."

"I'm so sorry..." Silve whispered. She wanted to hug Ash, but that'd be a little weird...so instead she slept. She awoke the next morning to bangs on the door.

"Not again," Ash mumbled as he answered the door. Instead of guards, a single pony stood there with an envelope in her mouth.

"Derpy! You have a letter?" Ash said in relief. Derpy gave him the letter and left. It was addressed to Silver Bark. Ash gave it to her and she opened it. It was blank. Slowly, the page began to darken.

"What the-?" Silve asked.

The page burst into changelings. Silver screamed, but rolled into action. Ash retrieved his katana and began hacking them down. Silve whipped two small silver daggers from her tunic and plunged one into a changeling and the other into the envelope in case there were more. She stabbed one after another with both knives, slashing but receiving many bites herself.

"I knew they could change into ponies," hack hack, "but I didn't know they could change into," chop slice, "OBJECTS!!!" Silver yelled angrily. Rage boiled over because it starting to get hard to hit them. Changelings poured through the windows, doors and chimney. Silver screamed but was overwhelmed by the mass. She couldn't even see Ash anymore. She hoped he was alright.

Ash was surrounded by them. They just wouldn't stop coming. Wave after wave until he saw Silver get surrounded by them. He heard her screams and she tried going for her but it was too late. They had surrounded her. Engulfed her. Her screams faded. And eventually Ashes too.

They woke up in Chrysalsis's and of course couldn't break out. queen Chrysalias' voice was heard. "Now Now on't try to escape! It's useless. These are made of materials harder than steel. Very hard to get out of." Ash was angry. Not just angry. he was about to explode. He kept it in though. He didn't want to hurt Silver. "Why do you want us here?" Silve asked alittle scared. "I don't need you at the moment I only need Him! He know about the secret that could have gotten me all of Equestria and now I just need him and his puny little sister here then I can control all of Equestria and Ponyville." Chrysaias froze. "Looking for me?" A voice behind her. The pony had a White coat and a light blue mane. She had a katana but instead of a red band like Ashes it was a blue band. "Look who decided to show up." The Queen smiled. Her Changelings got ready to pounce. "Let me deal with this one!" The changelings backed off but watched just to make sure nothing bad would happen. "Your move first!" The pony yelled. The Queen smiled. "WOOO!!!! GO SISTER" Ash yelled out. So this was her sister. The Battle began.

Missy was hiding in a potted plant, just a normal day for her, she popped her head out and heard the screams of someone and they stopped, she had to investigate, she got within viewing distance and she saw changelings take some ponies away, so she decided to pursue them. She eventually got to a point at which they stopped, they must have seen her, the changelings split off into two groups one headed for their destination and he other headed straight for her. Missy placed a tracking spell on the weird ninja pony's unconcious body so she could find them later.

"Ok, need to remember my training, offensive spells and incantations." Missy whispered to herself, a beam of light flew out of her horn, it hit one of the changelings and they exploded into black ash. She kept doing this until one was left, she quickly eviscerated this one too.

She followed her horn to where the two ponies might be, she eventually ended her search at an old castle.

She flew up to a window and peered inside, it was them. She performed a teleporting spell to get inside, luckily no-one had noticed her.

After about five minutes of fighting and dodging attacks they grew tired. But that didn't stop them. They fought and fought and wouldn't give up. "Hey I'm here to help you." The character picked them up with both hooves and carried them. "Hey! Their getting away!" One of the changelings had noticed Missy. Then The Queen focused on Missy. She lunged at her but at the same time Ashes' sister protected her. "Keep on going! I'll protect you!" She yelled. Missy slowly carried out the heavy Chrysalises and when they got  to the door, Ashe's sister slammed the door shut. "Good luck carrying us back to ponyville!" Ash yelled. Missy dropped teh Chrysalises. "No need to!" Missy said as her horn started glowing. "We can just teleport outta here!" All of a sudden...

...WOSH...

They were teleported to a garden not so far away from Ashe's place. "Can you get us outta here now?" Silve asked. "Yeah just hang on a second" Ashe's sister got her blue katana out and hit the Chrysalis. It dug halfway through the material. She swung her katana again and it cut through leaving a hole in Ashe's side. He crawled out through the hole and Silve made it through as well. "Names Sheer Cold. Nice to meet ya!" Sheer stuck out her hand to Silve and shook it hard. She turned to Missy and shook her hand as well.

"My name is Silver Bark. You can call me anything you like, but I prefer Silve," Silver introduced herself. Turning to Ash, she said, "What was that all about?"

She then proceeded to inspect herself for any serious damage. She had many, many scratches, but thankfully none too deep.

"Your Missy? Ms. Adventure? I've heard a lot about you. But I'm sure all of it was just gossip. Pleasure to meet you. You might've heard of me, but not in a good way. I'm a 'menace to society,' as they call me. Anywho, with all the pleasantries aside, I would like to go home, or at least, to pick one out. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, ladies," Silve said. She dismissed herself. Her head spun as it tried to grasp the reality of what had just taken place. She walked steadily but determined until she realized that she was too dizzy to realize where she was or where she was going. She tried to turn around, but the road had disappeared. She spun around in a circle until she noticed a changeling approaching. She back off the path and hurried into a nearby forest. More changelings appeared. She ran. She glanced back and charged square into the Queen.

"Hello, my pretty. I always could use a hostage," she rumbled.

Silve gulped.

Missy noticed that Silve was in trouble, she started running over to her when Chrysalis picked her up, using Silve as a shield.

"Chrysalis, put her down now!" Missy ordered "You don't want to challenge me! Especially when one of my friends are in danger!"

"What are you going to do?" Queen Chrysalis asked mockingly. Missy's horn started glowing. She had an idea, but it would be tricky. "Are you going to risk killing sweet little pony?" Missy's horn stopped glowing.

"I guess you're right. I can't do anything." Missy proclaimed. Out of nowhere a clone of Missy attacked Chrysalis from behind, making her drop Silve.

"Nice spell, Missy!" Silve said.

"Thanks, i've been working on that for a while now." Missy replied. Sheer Cold and Ash had joined them, a hoard of changelings swarmed around them. It was barely possible to see anything other than changelings from where Missy was standing.

"Let's all take a side, we fight for as long as we can." Missy ordered

"Since when were you giving orders?" Ash asked.

"Since nobody else had a plan." Missy replied.

(edited)

All of a sudden a flock of changelings came out of nowhere and charged towards the group. "Watch out!" Ash yelled. He chucked a fireball at one of them and set him on fire. He quickly retreated in pain. Sheer pulled out her katana and an aura grew around her. In oly a second she completley obliterated about five changelings. Sheer had learn't a few new tricks. All of a sudden the Queen was about to take off. "NO!" Ash yelled. he grabbed onto the Queens leg just as she took of. "GETH OFF OF ME YOU FILTHY PONY" She tried to shake her off but he wouldn't budge. "I'm not letting go!" Then the changelings tried to get him. Now they were far away from the everfree forest. And high in the sky where they could see cloudsdale. "Attack him!" The Queen yelled. All the changelings tried to charge at him but they all missed. "ENOUGH" She finally kicked him off but as he fell he grabbed on to Silves back hoof. "Won't you ever give up?" The Queen, that was now losing grip on a very heavy load, said. "If I let go of this pony here then both of you die." Ash realized that she wasn't bluffing. He had made his decision. "Goodbye Silve." He let go of the pony and he plummeted to the ground.

Edited by TheNinjaPony

"ASH! NO!" Silve watched Ash desend rapidly towards the ground. She struggled to help, but the Queen's grip was like a vice.

"Let go of me, you FOAL!" Silve yelled. The Queen only laughed, so Silve twisted around and sunk her teeth deep into the Queen's arm. The Queen laughed at first, then realized what she was doing.

NO! Now you're USELESS!!" the Queen screeched. She flung Silver from her grasp and buzzed away. Silve tucked her legs against herself and fell faster than Ash. She caught him midair and spread her wings. Bits of her periwinkle fur floated gently in the breeze behind her. Her fur began to rapidly shed and her wings lost their feathers, leaving translucent ones behind. Short fangs sprouted but Silve ignored the transformation. She set Ash carefully on the ground and turned to inspect herself. Where her fur had shed, black skin shone beneath. Her mane had begun to come out and was replaced by turquoise strands. Silve frowned grimly.

"I have but three hours before I change completely. I won't be evil, but I do need to find a cure," Silve said.

"What are you?" Ash asked almost in disgust.

Silve sighed.

"I will be a changeling. Normally, they have to bite you, but I heard that there's a cure before you change entirely if you bite them first. And they won't like you, but they'll stay away for awhile," Silve replied.

"Finding another cure! I HAD TO DEAL WITH A CRYSIS LIKE THIS 2 WEEKS AGO!" Ash was really pissed. He freaking hated changelings. "You shouldn't have saved me back there. My sister could have got you and then..." He sneezed. Silve blessed him. "Shhhh". Ash hushed her. He was thinking. Waiting for somepony to pounce. "Whenever I sneeze it means I'm about to be in trouble." Both of them prepared themselves. Ready for action. A timburrwolf came out of the bushes. Ash quickly dodged but the Wolf left Silver alone for some odd reason. Ash had thrown his weapon down when he grabbed onto the Queen. He had nothing to fight with but fire. He didn't want to create a forest fire either so he only could fight with his hooves. Silve fell to the ground covering her ears with her black tipped hooves. Her ears were recieving a signal from the Queen. Queens can send signals to changlings to either escort, defend, or attack. However a transforming Changeling like silve can recieve trransmissions that can immobilize so it will stop moving and struggling. Ash was by himself. The wolf charged at him and of course he dodged its attack. A howl came from about a mile away. The other wolf responded and sprinted in that direction. He grabbed the paralyzed Silve and flung her on her back. The nurse training did come in handy! He headed out of the forest.

(Perfect time to introduce a new OC that may live in a forest or likes to wander in them *wink wink, hint hint, nudge nudge*)

A dark shape appeared. It looked a lot like a moose, but also like a pony. Blades of grass tied around Ash's legs and held his to the ground. The timber wolf stood silently behind him.

"What is it that you do, that makes the forest angry with you two?" the shape asked.

"Please! We were just trying to get away from the Queen!" Ash yelped. The grass had twisted very tightly against his legs and they hurt a lot.

"I will set you free, but you must do something for me," the figure asked. She stomped her hoof against the ground and the grass released Ash.

"What is it?" he asked.

The figure stepped out of the darkness. She was a very, very tall brown zebra with a green, leafy lion's mane and large antlers. She had funky wings and her horn was strangely kinked.

"I do not know if that was a mistake, but I would very much like a....cupcake," the thing replied. "My name is Mother Nature. It seems as though I am much danger. Do not be afraid, for the forest had make trade."

Silve suddenly jumped up again.

"The Queen calls," she muttered as if in a daze.

(edited)

"A cupcake is all? Ok then. My friend is transforming into a Changeling and I'm afraid if we don't stop the transformation then...I may lose her." Ash didn't want to lose this pony. This pony was very dear to him. "I see you like this mare alot, but how much time have we got?" The zebra asked. "We only have 3 days before my friend completes transformation. Once this happens we cannot change her back. I'm sure she said the only cure was to bite the queen but that may be quite difficult" Ash didn't want her to become a changeling at all. He already had one pony fall to the changelings and he wasn't going to lose another one. "Because you cause is great indeed, I will help you out in your time of need." The Brown zebra agreed to help him. He felt like he recognized her. Not because she was a zebra like zecora but because...her voice sounded familiar. "The Queen calls". She was still in a daze. Her body went stiff and she lost all feeling. "My friend is being hypnotised or something. I hope she will be ok" When Ash approached she became mobile again. "What happened?" She had no idea what had happened and who this new zebra was. "We can explain on the way out. Lets go!"

After 15 minutes of fighting Missy and Sheer had broken through the changelings that decided to stay and fight. They were easilly outnumbered but not so outmatched. With out a scratch they fought through about 50 changelings. They were near the entrance and luckily remembered the path out of it. When they exited they discussed plans to look for them. Sheer and Missy were natural leaders so they could be able to devise a plan to look fot them. Sheer already had thoughts about it. "I think the best thing we can do is stick together for now. I know we may cover more ground but remember what happened to Silve?" Both of them had seen Ash and silve fall. Ash couldn't die that easily. He had been through alot of pain before. He knew the meaning of torture. All of a sudden a Stallion with a grey coat and a black spiky mane came running towards the ponies. "Have any of you pretty mares seen any changelings around?"

Edited by Neon Lights (Ninja)

"If a cure is what you seek, a changeling mind will need to leak," Nature said. She stomped and a pod sprouted from the ground. It unfurled to reveal a dazed changeling inside. Nature stomped again and vines seized its neck.

"If you really want to live, there is something you must give," she told the changeling. "From the Queen, a bite was taken, by this pony, I'm not mistaken. What is the cure to such a deed untold? Tell me now or you shall fold," she stomped and the vines bent the changeling at an odd angle.

"That pony needs to -gurk- be bitten by another -gurk- changeling. She'll -gurk- become one if she doesn't -gurk- get bitten. The toxin -gurk- and the cure -gurk- lie within," the changeling choked out.

"If a bite is what we need, then you must do this helpful deed," Nature said to the changeling. "If you fail, though, with this task, fury untold, you need not ask," Nature said. She dropped the vines and the changeling buzzed over to Silve and chomped her leg.

"Can I go now?" the changeling asked.

Nature nodded and it buzzed off. Silve's skin began to peel away rapidly like mummy wrappings.

• 2 weeks later...

While Silve was overcoming the powerful toxin of the changelings, Midnight sat in a tree above, curious as to what he should do about these strange intruders in the forest he called home.

His inner demon had been kept unfed for so long, Midnight was almost sure it had all but died. However, at these strange new incidents, his rage began to flow back through his veins, causing him to lust for blood and pain. Midnight shook his head, trying to clear his head from the dark and horrible thoughts.

"I have not even introduced myself to them yet, how can I even begin to think of killing them?" he said to himself in argument with his own mind.

Making up his mind, Midnight gracefully flipped out of the tall tree and caught himself just before hitting the ground with a powerful thrust from his wings.

"How do you ponies do?" Midnight asked politely with a bow.

"Yes, how do you do?" Spine asked in a drawling, demeaning tone.

"I apologize on his behalf, Spine and I don't seem to share many of the same opinions. It's kind of funny really, because we share the same body, and we could not be more different" Midnight said.

"Anyways, how about we help you out? Spine and I haven't had anything interesting to do in ten years, it's about time we had some fun." Midnight asked, addressing Silve and Ash.

"If you really wanted fun, we could always kill them." Spine said with a sinister grin.

"Now really Spine, how are they ever going to trust us if all you speak about is death and violence? I like these people, and would like to know them for longer than a few minutes before they run away" Midnight said, with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Anyways, we've talked for long enough now, what do you all think? Can we stay with you, or would you like us to leave? The choice is yours" Midnight said.