Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I find local bronys?

defaultremix

Well, where do you live, dude? If you live near a major city, there's a chance that there might a local brony meetup group you can find  on Meetup.com or Facebook. Or just Google your city/state/country name and "bronies" together. 

Huh- well most of the time, it's the other bronies that come up to me. Maybe try keeping an ear open for any mention of bronies? It seems awful, but some kids will discuss them behind their backs- it gives good opportunity to find the person and befriend them- give them some support and all.

Just put on some brony gear and go to school, even if it's just a t-shirt or lanyard in your pocket. I tend to notice things like that!

I think the best way is to just be open about it, then they'll (hopefully) come and find you. If you don't want to do that then I would follow the advice of wearing something that has a very vague reference to the show.

Although you have to be careful, one time a girl was wearing a shirt with the Mane 6 on it and I asked her if she watched the show and she said she had no idea what it was she just thought the ponies were cute. 

I think the best way is to just be open about it, then they'll (hopefully) come and find you. If you don't want to do that then I would follow the advice of wearing something that has a very vague reference to the show.

Although you have to be careful, one time a girl was wearing a shirt with the Mane 6 on it and I asked her if she watched the show and she said she had no idea what it was she just thought the ponies were cute. 

I agree with Miss Derpy   donot be afraid you may find one or two or they may find you bqbut be open. once you start talking about news will travel quickly throughout the school  and you will meet more 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm from england and school is stupid so you have to wear uniform xD so that sucks a lot.

All I can say is I know that feel bro, I really do.

'Fraid I can't help you on this one though. Personally, I was thinking of arranging a meetup for English bronies once I get to know people on the forum better.

Ugh I quote it all the time, but there are apparently NO bronies at my school (except one of my friends). Maybe I have to quote it even MORE?

Extremely-real-awesome-mega-amazing-super-plan: in the middle of class: yell "I LIKE PONIES!!!!!!!!" then start singing the theme song as loud as you can. (actually don't do this, you would get in trouble)

I'll just continue to quote it.

Haha, that extremely-real-awesome-mega-amazing-super-plan will at least get you attention, if not more brony friends!!!  ^_^  My friends and I will just randomly hum the theme song under our breaths to each other. It's really funny when people have no idea what you're doing.  B) 

And who knows, you might not get in trouble for singing the theme song out loud! That 33 year-old dude of a teacher you have? He could quite possibly start singing along with you!  :blink:

Haha, that extremely-real-awesome-mega-amazing-super-plan will at least get you attention, if not more brony friends!!!  ^_^  My friends and I will just randomly hum the theme song under our breaths to each other. It's really funny when people have no idea what you're doing.  B) 

And who knows, you might not get in trouble for singing the theme song out loud! That 33 year-old dude of a teacher you have? He could quite possibly start singing along with you!  :blink:

I would love if he started to sing along! I am a LITTLE suspicious of him though, there is a piece of paper with ponies (yes from MLP:FiM) on his wall, I am also suspicious of a student, still afraid to ask her, her name is on that paper, though I like to keep the nobody at my school hates me reputation (not everybody is my friend, most people are just neutral about me, 99% of the people know my name, I think)

• Brohoof 1

It is not a very good idea to start a brony club when he does not even know if there are anyone besides himself who is a brony. Though that is my opinion.

I mean, what if there are no bronies in his school or what if there are but they are closet bronies?

>First meeting with club

>

img-1236520-1-Forever_Alone.png

Which is why you start off on the internet and work up from there. Put out flyers directing people to a Facebook page, everyone gets organized and acquainted, and then talk of an IRL can occur.

I know for a fact that there are 3 pegasisters at my school, as I've met and brohoofed all three. Not to mention that down the dorm hall a few weeks ago I could've sworn a guy uttered the phrase "Rainbow Dash." Plus our campus has a generally accepting, cultured, artistic atmosphere that would make for a fertile landscape for there to be many bronies, without the need to be in the closet as well.

However, every campus is different, so take a good look at the atmosphere and make your own methods of outreach.

Give Facebook a shot. Try to find a brony group page for your state, then ask around in that group to find out who lives in your city.

It can be a little bit hard to find a Brony especially if your school has a dress code. I have a hard time telling you what to do , because I sorta keep everything hush, hush, about it unless I see someone who I know will probably be a Brony. For example: Rainbow Dash shirts and what not. My suggestion, Just do a little undercover work, If you for example see, one of the kids in your school talking about a recent episode just try to strike up a conversation. Also on Facebook, maybe you could try something like the Ponyhoof app.  It can be pretty tricky to find bronies, but I think you'll be able too. In some places it's just a little harder then others.

I have tried some quoting but I am going to some sci-fi thing tomorrow and computer club the day after! so if i quote there I may have a better chance.

Good luck buddy! I just hope someday i can find a brony friend aswell, just so he has my back in-case an Anti-Brony anonymously appears. Cheers! 

img-1240725-2-brohoof_me__by_sundownglis

I would love if he started to sing along! I am a LITTLE suspicious of him though, there is a piece of paper with ponies (yes from MLP:FiM) on his wall, I am also suspicious of a student, still afraid to ask her, her name is on that paper, though I like to keep the nobody at my school hates me reputation (not everybody is my friend, most people are just neutral about me, 99% of the people know my name, I think)

Lol, well I hope that you find other bronies at your school!!! And about that teacher... maybe you should slip him a note that has this written on it:

Do you like ponies or are in any way, shape, or form a brony?

If yes, nod your head subtly in my direction. 

If no, disregard this note completely and forget I asked.

Thank you very much.

That might work. ^_^

Anyway, you should talk to the girl who drew that picture. It could end well, and seriously, if she's not a brony, it's not like she's going to hate you forever for asking!!  :P  ;)

Well, there's plenty of ways actually. You just have to be brave about it and ask. If you cant find any local merch at a local Hot Topic try FYE or Amazon.com. Buy a t-shirt and be proud of who you are, this appeals to most bronys who will feel much better if you just take the initiative. Also, there's always Facebook and social networking if you're too shy to ask in person. Just watch it when trying to introduce a new friend to the fandom, don't overload and overwhelm them to the point of annoyance. If all else fails my friend, you'll always have the forums.

pony update: i found out my cousin is a brony. So i wont be alone. this is good and he is going to a brony meetup on saturday.

now what do i say to mum, since she does not know im a brony yet

• Brohoof 1

Lol, well I hope that you find other bronies at your school!!! And about that teacher... maybe you should slip him a note that has this written on it:

Do you like ponies or are in any way, shape, or form a brony?

If yes, nod your head subtly in my direction. 

If no, disregard this note completely and forget I asked.

Thank you very much.

That might work. ^_^

Anyway, you should talk to the girl who drew that picture. It could end well, and seriously, if she's not a brony, it's not like she's going to hate you forever for asking!!  :P  ;)

No he would know it's me, I have the worst handwriting so he would recognize it instantly. And if she has no idea what a brony is, then she would ask, and when people ask what a brony is, it gets kinda awkward for me trying to explain  :P

On this topic: how would I find bronies at my school WITHOUT merch? My parents won't let me get any from Hot Topic  :(. I passed it today at the mall and I was all like:  :angry:

Simple, make your own. Heres some fun/creative ideas.

-Grab a 3 ring binder, not just any binder but one that has a slot where you can slide in a sheet of paper to make a cover.

-Print/cut out a bunch of pony pics, paste/tape them to a blank sheet of paper.

-Instant pony binder!

I always carried a binder everywhere back in high school, mine always had Garfield comics or anime pics. They also have travel mugs on the market that you can customize with your own images (I have one and it currently has pony), but they are hard to find.

Best part about this is that you can change the images to something new when you get bored with it. ;)

Here is a neat list I put together of ideas that popped into my mind:

-Put an ad on Craigslist searching for fellow bronies

-Hire a bounty hunter to find them (Tell him you'd like them alive)

-Make subtle references and see if people understand them

-Break into everybody in your area's house one by one until you find pony-merch

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to finding bronies at school it can be a somewhat challenging task. For me it was easy considering all the talk about MLP in my school made it almost impossible to miss. I found out that some people that I was already friends with were bronies and now I am as well. For your particular case what I would do is just take a look around (lunch is usually a good time to try this) and listen. you might just catch a conversation at the right time. Another way to go is to make quotes to the show so only bronies would know what your talking about. This is a fairly experimental solution though. If you try to quote the show in the classroom, odds are nobody will speak up right then and there, however, say you do it in the class before lunch, the person might confront you once you leave. Who knows, maybe you will make a new friend. Good Luck.

I got the same problem sad.png

I can't make any good references because it would be weird if I change the language all the time ( I speak german but the best references are in english!)

I'm also kind of a closet brony and nobody really knows that i'm a brony( so I also can't join any FB group, everyone would know about it sleep.png )also I couldn't wear a pony shirt, or could buy one because my parents don't know i'm a brony.

so I got a little problem sad.png

I think the best way is to wear something that references something only another fan of the show would understand. For instance, I sometimes wear a shirt with the logo from AC:Brotherhood on it and people who've played the game will take notice and make a point of talking to me about the franchise.

img-1235248-1-ACB_Dev_tshirt_hero2.jpg

You could try something similar with FiM stuff.

That's how I met another brony at my school, although it was the other guy wearing a 20% cooler shirt. I saw it and I started having a miniature mental breakdown. The next day I went up and started talking to him, and now we're really good friends.

And I quote the show a lot. Never found any other bronies that way, but I'm sure it's possible.