Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bronyanimstudios

So me and a bunch of other bronies are working on a Pony Dub Series. We are still working on our first episode, but I created a video with all the VA's voices. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcsMzNW4ug

All the people in this video have their YouTube channels linked in the description if you want to go talk to them.

Please comment on what you think! I like constructive criticism!

• Brohoof 3

Meh. I don't like pony dubs that have male voice actors playing the female characters, unless it's a spoof on the series like FIW. Is this something of that nature? If it's not, count me out on support sadly'cus I'm not interested in the series. 

Meh. I don't like pony dubs that have male voice actors playing the female characters, unless it's a spoof on the series like FIW. Is this something of that nature? If it's not, count me out on support sadly'cus I'm not interested in the series. 

Yes. We're almost like FIW, except our dub will be for much more maturer audiences. Almost like Mentally Abridged, but far from both.

Yes. We're almost like FIW, except our dub will be for much more maturer audiences. Almost like Mentally Abridged, but far from both.

Hmm....I might stick around if it's kinda like that. Welp, all I have to say is make it a good series and take your time with it and make it not look like it was rushed.

• Brohoof 1

Out of the Mane 6, Applejack and Twilight are the only VA's that sounded decent. The others... ya'll need some serious practice with acting. I'm not necessarily saying you're bad, but you need some training working with your voices. Also, get rid of the music in the background entirely. It makes it REALLY hard to even understand what you guys are saying.

To make this fair, I won't be general. I shall go through each voice.

Applejack:

Sounds awfully close to Applejack, but horrible mic quality.

Fluttershy:

I can barely even tell what's going on in my headphones. The music completely covers what the voice is doing. While it.. sounds right, I can't tell for sure.

Rainbow Dash:

.... I will say this as well as I can without being rude. This voice is awful. Either change the actor, or move him towards a new position. It doesn't match, 'nor does it sound good.

Pinkie Pie:

Pretty much half decent. Doesn't sound like an excited voice though, Tell your actor (he/she) that they need to understand Pinkie is ALWAYS excited, even if sad. Work on it.

Rarity:

... Kind of right, but work on it. You're sounding more like a fashion show (host) than a fashionesta.

Twilight:

Pretty much spot on, except the VA needs to speed up her voice. The music also blocks out most of it as well.

Spike:

Too graggly for a Spike character. Spike acts and looks like a child. Make him sound more innocent.

Trixie:

Way too nazely. Also, work on a more "performer" voice. Trixie is a performer at heart, and her voice reflects it.

Zecora:

Sort of good, but work on the rhyme scheme.

Snips and Snails:

... Even though they both have a very "slow" voice, they aren't mentally handicapped. They have a "dumb" sounding voice, but they don't talk slower.

All and all, I would say each of you need to work on your Acting skills. With polishing, you could all do great things.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm....I might stick around if it's kinda like that. Welp, all I have to say is make it a good series and take your time with it and make it not look like it was rushed.

Thanks. It's a bit difficult to explain exactly how this dub will be. So, you'll just have to watch the episodes and decide for yourself.

Out of the Mane 6, Applejack and Twilight are the only VA's that sounded decent. The others... ya'll need some serious practice with acting. I'm not necessarily saying you're bad, but you need some training working with your voices. Also, get rid of the music in the background entirely. It makes it REALLY hard to even understand what you guys are saying.

To make this fair, I won't be general. I shall go through each voice.

Applejack:

Sounds awfully close to Applejack, but horrible mic quality.

Fluttershy:

I can barely even tell what's going on in my headphones. The music completely covers what the voice is doing. While it.. sounds right, I can't tell for sure.

Rainbow Dash:

.... I will say this as well as I can without being rude. This voice is awful. Either change the actor, or move him towards a new position. It doesn't match, 'nor does it sound good.

Pinkie Pie:

Pretty much half decent. Doesn't sound like an excited voice though, Tell your actor (he/she) that they need to understand Pinkie is ALWAYS excited, even if sad. Work on it.

Rarity:

... Kind of right, but work on it. You're sounding more like a fashion show (host) than a fashionesta.

Twilight:

Pretty much spot on, except the VA needs to speed up her voice. The music also blocks out most of it as well.

Spike:

Too graggly for a Spike character. Spike acts and looks like a child. Make him sound more innocent.

Trixie:

Way too nazely. Also, work on a more "performer" voice. Trixie is a performer at heart, and her voice reflects it.

Zecora:

Sort of good, but work on the rhyme scheme.

Snips and Snails:

... Even though they both have a very "slow" voice, they aren't mentally handicapped. They have a "dumb" sounding voice, but they don't talk slower.

All and all, I would say each of you need to work on your Acting skills. With polishing, you could all do great things.

We didn't try to sound like the original VA'S because we wanted to put our own spin on things, but thank you for your honest opinion. -_-

Thanks. It's a bit difficult to explain exactly how this dub will be. So, you'll just have to watch the episodes and decide for yourself.

We didn't try to sound like the original VA'S because we wanted to put our own spin on things, but thank you for your honest opinion. -_-

A personal spin is all good and fine, but you cannot change how the characters look. They still need to match the characters look, and the voices need to match how they talk.

Even in some dubs where they make characters "evil", the voices match. When you want your own spin, try to match your voice with the character.

A personal spin is all good and fine, but you cannot change how the characters look. They still need to match the characters look, and the voices need to match how they talk.

Even in some dubs where they make characters "evil", the voices match. When you want your own spin, try to match your voice with the character.

The mentally abridged series doesn't follow that idea, and they have a decent size fanbase. We will try to work on this, and make it the best as possible.

The mentally abridged series doesn't follow that idea, and they have a decent size fanbase. We will try to work on this, and make it the best as possible.

As in fact, they do. The voices match with the characters they chose. You are not understanding what I am saying. It's a common known fact in the acting world that characters do not need to look evil and have an evil voice. Deception of characters are very common. You could have Pinkie Pie with an evil voice, and make her look happy as hell.

As long as the voice matches with what you're doing, it works.

As in fact, they do. The voices match with the characters they chose. You are not understanding what I am saying. It's a common known fact in the acting world that characters do not need to look evil and have an evil voice. Deception of characters are very common. You could have Pinkie Pie with an evil voice, and make her look happy as hell.

I see what your trying to say. I will talk to our other VA's to take some of these tips. This is very helpful for the future, thank you :)

I see what your trying to say. I will talk to our other VA's to take some of these tips. This is very helpful for the future, thank you :)

It's no problem at all. I enjoy seeing other actors blossom in our friendly realm. I really hope that they do not take what I have said in a really harsh fashion. I would like to see ya'lls series flourish.

(edited)

Pinkie Pie: Pretty much half decent. Doesn't sound like an excited voice though, Tell your actor (he/she) that they need to understand Pinkie is ALWAYS excited, even if sad. Work on it.

First off thanks for saying i was half decent, secondly i totally agree i recorded those lines at like 3 am and I plan on putting a lot more energy into the lines for the second episode

Edited by AgileFawkes
  • Brohoof 1

Nono. I'm saying that FlimFlamFilosopher doesn't sound a thing like the original voice actors portray the characters to sound like. If you're saying that our characters need to have a personality, and a voice to match said personality, that has been taken care of.

Nono. I'm saying that FlimFlamFilosopher doesn't sound a thing like the original voice actors portray the characters to sound like. If you're saying that our characters need to have a personality, and a voice to match said personality, that has been taken care of.

All I was given was a picture, and the voices that go with it. What I am saying about the voices, is that I don't like them. They don't have a personality in the voices. If I saw some action, then I could judge from there.

All I was given was a picture, and the voices that go with it. What I am saying about the voices, is that I don't like them. They don't have a personality in the voices. If I saw some action, then I could judge from there.

Then you'll have to wait for the first episode to be done. It's difficult to determine if it's good based on one line and a picture.

Those voices are decent I guess. 

Well, as the voice actor for Rarity, I think that my impression was just magnificent. It was sensational, glorious, and any other word that she would use. But we're doing great!

Yeah... Yeah... Should be nice... I just  I'd say that you should maybe work on Rarity's classy accent a bit more. It doesn't sound right without it.

In other news, If you need someone to voice act for Big Mac, I'd be perfect for you! MLP isn't MLP without the occasional Eeyup!

(edited)

Do you guys know how hard something like this is? They're not gonna be perfect voice, you know. But we do try our best everytime.

Just because it is difficult, doesn't we. as in anyone will judge lightly. Your feelings may be hurt, but people on youtube will be MUCH harsher critics. I'd rather be harsh and have your production flourish than sugarcoat it and have you guys put up a bad video.

And also, I am a Voice Actor, and an Actor of the Stage. I know how difficult it is.

Edited by Crona The Critic

Just because it is difficult, doesn't we. as in anyone will judge lightly. Your feelings may be hurt, but people on youtube will be MUCH harsher critics. I'd rather be harsh and have your production flourish than sugarcoat it and have you guys put up a bad video.

And also, I am a Voice Actor, and an Actor of the Stage. I know how difficult it is.

Well criticism is always appreciated. We're gonna work on our voices, and hope they improve. The video should be up next week. Hope everypony enjoys.

(edited)

^^ This guy's asking to audition. I don't know if you're taking auditions, but If you are, my offer to try for Big Mac stands tall and proud.

Edited by xXthevenomousXx

I am afraid we are not looking for either of those roles at this time :/ However, I do work with a few other groups in need of Voice Actors, I will let you know if either of those two roles comes up in the future