Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Racism.

I_wesley125

In fact, the simple use of the word "[racism 1]" is racist, as it is always meant in a derogative manner with the intent to insult.

No it's not. Black people call each other n***ers all the time.

Anyway, I think it's stupid how if anything bad happens to a non-white person, it's racism. A black guy could try to steal my car, and if I punched him in the face, I'd be called racist. Hell, I'd probably be called racist for even accusing him of stealing my car.

• Brohoof 1

xD yeah.

I do think it's gotten out of hand. Seriously, we have an african American month, but if we had a white month it be racist.

You can argue whether or not making a month dedicated to them is something necessary or not. However, there is a very clear reason that African Americans have a month and whites don't. Whites weren't forced to be slaves based on their skin color, whites weren't denied the right to vote because of their skin color, etc.

Again, you can argue all you want that a month isn't necessary, but to suggest that whites should have one as well is ridiculous.

xD yeah.

I do think it's gotten out of hand. Seriously, we have an african American month, but if we had a white month it be racist.

We do have a white month. It's the other eleven.

• Brohoof 3

I remember a horrendous kid back in my high school who talked awful stuff behind people's backs, kid was near the level of a BNP member the way he went on about how much he didn't like the teacher's assistant we had from France...who taught us during French.

Stupid-ass kid, I despised his Inception-levels of ignorance. A hypocrite too for the way he talked on about other non-white people, he wormed his way out of not hating me for my own mixed background.

See it's one thing to be a racist, but to be a hypocrite within it is just mind-bogglingly disgusting.

if it was based on race, then that is a hate crime, and is more punishable by law then non-hate crimes... I think...

but as we all learned in south park, it doesn't matter who it's to... every crime is a hate crime, because you hate the person you're doing the crime to!

Joking aside, hate crimes are a serious offense

Another great lesson South Park has taught us XD

Lol @ Cripsy

You can argue whether or not making a month dedicated to them is something necessary or not. However, there is a very clear reason that African Americans have a month and whites don't. Whites weren't forced to be slaves based on their skin color, whites weren't denied the right to vote because of their skin color, etc.

Again, you can argue all you want that a month isn't necessary, but to suggest that whites should have one as well is ridiculous.

How come indians don't have one? The whites took our land.

Racism is a touchy subject, I agree it's bad, but if you live your life in an area like mine where a majority of the minorities are trash, some people develop racist thoughts, and it's less from bigotry but rather experience. Racism isn't good, but it can be justified. The world isn't black and white.

No one should have one. The fact our schools even teach race is ridiculous, just IGNORE it. If we stop thinking of each other as blacks and whites and yellows and such, and rather think of ourselves as HUMANS, we won't have racism. But obviously promoting a certain gender/race/religion's accomplishments is a good idea.

Hey, lets not say the person did good, lets say because they're (insert race/gender here) that they're better than good!

• Brohoof 1

Racism is a touchy subject, I agree it's bad, but if you live your life in an area like mine where a majority of the minorities are trash, some people develop racist thoughts, and it's less from bigotry but rather experience. Racism isn't good, but it can be justified. The world isn't black and white.

I know that feel.Especially if they talk trash and are trash and hide behind the racism card.

• Brohoof 2

Prejudice in general is a horrible plague, but one with no simple solution.

No one should have one. The fact our schools even teach race is ridiculous, just IGNORE it. If we stop thinking of each other as blacks and whites and yellows and such, and rather think of ourselves as HUMANS, we won't have racism. But obviously promoting a certain gender/race/religion's accomplishments is a good idea.

I agree on you here, but I'd go futher myself.

I think that we should abandon the idea of both race and nationality. With my intent being to slowly widle away racism, and try to promote understanding of other cultures. And maybe even bring the people of the world closer together.

Facts back a lot of "racism".

How so?

How do whites get privileges over blacks

Racist jokes are fine to an extent.

Keyword: Joke

How so?

How do whites get privileges over blacks

Keyword: Joke

You answered your own question. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...
On 1/30/2012 at 7:48 AM, I_wesley125 said:

Seriously, how can people be this retarded?

A kid at my school got arrested for giving a black kid a black eye...

Stupidity makes me angry.

Racism was dealt with in Season 8 of MLP FIM. I think it is important to remind ourselves that it is a problem. While I don't see it daily, I do know it is there.

Racism will never go away until people stop calling everything racism!

Morgan Freeman once said that racism will never go away until people stop talking about and keeping it alive. I completely agree with him. Drop it and let it finally disappear.  

• Brohoof 4

It's not non-existent, and it's not everywhere. Claiming that "oh racism doesn't exist because it doesn't fit my agenda" doesn't change the fact that it most certainly does, and nothing is suddenly non-existent as soon as you deny it exists (like global warming or COVID-19, both of which some loonies want you to believe are no threat to anyone). Also saying that "everything is somehow racist" is just as ridiculous, though, because racism is not absolutely everywhere, and not absolutely everyone is racist.

It's an issue that "both sides" (being honest with ourselves assuming that, in and of itself, is a logical fallacy but I'm not going into that right now) of the mainstream media propaganda machine get wrong, and both are absurdly divisive about the issue rather than talking about it with any degree of honesty and, particularly, integrity.

6 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Racism will never go away until people stop calling everything racism!

Morgan Freeman once said that racism will never go away until people stop talking about and keeping it alive. I completely agree with him. Drop it and let it finally disappear.  

Truth!