Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blood loss

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Just curious, how much blood have you lost?

**Menstrual periods don't count**

As in, from an injury, how much blood have you lost? Did you nearly die? Did it make you dizzy?

I would say...for me? I would say the most I had was...in 8th grade, we were in gym class and it was nearly time to go, so we usually always sit down and do whatever before we leave to out next class. I was sitting there laying on the floor talking to my friend Christian and all's I hear is "Heads up" from this douche bag in my class and I look over and BAM! Right in my nose, My nose was gushing out of both nostrils and it was dripping all over the floor, into my mouth, and all over my shirt. O.o sheesh it was like a waterfall of red. My nose wasn't broken, it wasn't even bruised or anything, it just bled..a lot

• Brohoof 5

I've never really lost a lot of blood.. But i used to whittle or carve a lot, if this isn't the right word for it.. Just making things out of wood. So i have often cut myself by accident. But since i'm Icelandic, i eat a lot of fish and drink fish oil.. What it gives me is that my blood clots (clotting) a lot faster.. So if i accidently cut myself i hardly have to even get a bandage. So, not much blood lost..

I've had a gash in my head. It bled enough for me to pass out.

I've been shot twice on accident, but that doesn't typically cause gross bleeding.

I had this slice on my arm that bled pretty bad, but not as bad as the gash in my head.

(edited)

So nosebleeds count, right? During the winter, I'll occasionally get  mild-moderate nosebleeds. They'll happen sporadically, usually at night, I'll wake up, thinking I have a runny nose. I'll go to the bathroom to get a tissue, turn the light on, and see  my nose dripping with blood in the mirror. Then, I gotta wait 20 minutes for the bleeding to stop, then of course I gotta clean up all the blood.

Other than that, I haven't lost a huge amount of blood at a time. I remember, when I was like 5, I tried to go down an up escalator. I fell, and got like a 3 inch gash on my shin.

Edited by ☣Betez☣

Well I suppose a nosebleed is the only thing that's ever made me bleed a significant amount. I don't ever get seriously injured to where I'm like bleeding all over the place or anything lol

When I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out, they didn't sew up the gums (nor did they give me gas, but I didn't want any gas). I was bleeding out the mouth for at least 12 hours, never spat out so much blood.

So nosebleeds count, right? During the winter, I'll occasionally get  mild-moderate nosebleeds. They'll happen sporadically, usually at night, I'll wake up, thinking I have a runny nose. I'll go to the bathroom to get a tissue, turn the light on, and see  my nose dripping with blood in the mirror. Then, I gotta wait 20 minutes for the bleeding to stop, then of course I gotta clean up all the blood.

Other than that, I haven't lost a huge amount of blood at a time. I remember, when I was like 5, I tried to go down an up escalator. I fell, and got like a 3 inch gash on my shin.

Of course it counts xD I just say no Menstrual cramps because that's a feminine thing that happens every month, not an injury and I say that because I know all the girls will say their periods. That's different blood loss. So yes, nose bleeds bleed for reasons as in..getting hit, allergies, colds, dry noses.

When I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out, they didn't sew up the gums (nor did they give me gas, but I didn't want any gas). I was bleeding out the mouth for at least 12 hours, never spat out so much blood.

Dang, that sounds horrible :/ I haven't had my wisdom teeth at all and I am 19 years old and my mom never had hers..same as my dad. Maybe ill be lucky. But yeah...they sound....not fun

• Brohoof 1

Huh, well, I dunno how much I've lost, but I've passed out from blood loss eight times in the past three years.

So far in 2013 I've self-administered 19 nosebleeds and 6 accidental ones. 

:x

Dang, that sounds horrible :/ I haven't had my wisdom teeth at all and I am 19 years old and my mom never had hers..same as my dad. Maybe ill be lucky. But yeah...they sound....not fun

I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago and I was on pain medication for like over a week and my mouth was all numb and stuff, and yeah it was not fun XD

(edited)

I don't tend to get injured very often, and when I do, I don't tend to bleed a ton, if at all. I guess, though, that the injury I had that made me bleed the most was a couple years ago. I cut my thumb pretty deeply with a knife. At my parents' house, all our knives are really dull, so I think I just kind of assume that all knives are dull, and that you can press your fingers into them without getting cut. Ha ha... not so with my boyfriend's knives. I was cutting an orange, attempting to use my thumb to stop the knife. ...The knife didn't stop. It was kind of a deep cut, but it wasn't so bad. It did find with just a band-aid. But I did have to apply pressure with a towel to stop the bleeding. And, urgh, it hurt like a mofo >.<

Edited by Clover Heart

(edited)

I would say that the most blood I lost was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I dropped a small glass bottle and a shard of glass went into my leg. The bleeding wouldn't stop-it kept bleeding, all the way down to my sock. It hurt so bad.

I also had ALOT of nosebleeds in 1st-3rd grade.

I really don't bleed as often now then I did then.

So yeah, the glass cut was definitely my biggest blood loss.

Edited by SellyBelly411

Holy shit that sounds painful, I had my wisdom teeth pulled too and thank god it didn't go that badly but it still sucked. So yeah I would have to say that is the most I have ever bled unless I had any internal bleeding during my three knee injuries I have gotten at work which as far as pain goes sucked even worse than having my wisdom teeth pulled.

Holy shit that sounds painful, I had my wisdom teeth pulled too and thank god it didn't go that badly but it still sucked. So yeah I would have to say that is the most I have ever bled unless I had any internal bleeding during my three knee injuries I have gotten at work which as far as pain goes sucked even worse than having my wisdom teeth pulled.

Now I was numbed, they gave me several shots in my gums with big f#king needles. Before the shots, they put this nasty tasting jelly on my gums to numb it from the shots. I went through this daily because of cavities too.

That numbing jelly and the taste is the worst part. Drills and shots are fine... as long as it's numb.

The most I can remember losing was a lash to the arm that bleed out pretty good, but I was at home so I was able to stop it quickly. Though one time my brother went to the dentist for a cavity, and they numbed him so much that he bit down and slit half of his tongue during the drilling. So blood got everywhere including the seats and dentist himself, so they had to move him to the back room so it didn't scare the young kids coming it. He pulled out alright,  but that defiantly wasn't the best appointment.  :lol:

I can't remember the exact amount.

But the most blood I lost was when I was shot several times back in Russia in 2008. Luckily I was shot in places where the bullet wouldn't penetrate a major organ or anything else, but God it hurt. There was so much blood this one time, didn't think I could have made it to the hospital. That was during my bad years though.

I guess in recent times my nose bleeds would account for most blood loss. One time in the 3rd Grade however a kid ran into me with his tooth and cut my head open, I am pretty sure i lost quite a bit of blood from that, i had to get stitches for it. I don't think i have ever passed out from blood loss, maybe the head opening incident did it but it's a distant memory now (about 10-11 years ago).

(edited)

Recently I got a bite of me taken out by a (presumably) stray dog while I was taking a walk.

I lost enough blood that I was quite dizzy, almost to the point of unconsciousness, good thing I was close to home so I could go back and patch myself up.

Edited by ☣Harmonic Revelations☣

I believe that the time I lost a lot of blood is when a firecracker exploded in my hand, luckily it wasn't something that required amputation, but it left a scar.

The most blood I've lost was probably from my appendix surgery. I doubt that was alot of blood lost though. Besides that I haven't been through any servere injuries yet.

Right so...I was practicing some martial arts with one of my knives...

^ That one. Unsheathed. Just sharpened. I seriously set myself up for this one...anyway, I either slashed of stuck myself right above my left knee and came *very* close to hitting my femoral artery. Had I done that, I would be dead. It took us about 15 minutes to get to the nearest hospital.

I have also stepped on glass, a nail, fallen on a cactus, among other things.

I have many other injuries, but not all contributing towards blood loss.

Also, for an extra, but NOT for the squeamish, below will be pictures of my leg post-stitching and my pants that I was wearing when I cut myself.

• Brohoof 1

i got my chest scratched by a red kangaroo, ripped through my jacket AND shirt. i had to get blood put back into me so, i guess it was really severe

Duuuuude. That's badass. You should feel privileged - I'm sure that makes a good conversation catalyst. Most people get stung by bees or scorpions - but you? No big deal, just got slashed up by a friggin' KANGAROO. Niiiiice.

Me? I smashed my nose pretty bad as a kid. I was pretty much running around in the basement, tripped, and *wham*! Right on the concrete, from a 90 degree angle to a 0 in what seemed like less than a second. Like Sugar Sprinkles said, the blood flowed like a fountain, like Niagra friggin' falls, man. I was somehow able to play it down as a kid and keep my cool, but I doubt I'd be able to pull that off today. It was a lot of blood, and all I remember is calmly walking upstairs, blood trailing behind me as I went. My nose was like a leaky faucet, it was pretty gross.

This other time - and this hurt way more - was when my Mom opened the fridge door and it hit me right in the mouth. I was chewing red peppers at the time, and I instinctively spit out everything in my mouth once the blood started pouring out. Suffice to say, I haven't liked red peppers for a very long time.

I can't remember which time was worse though in terms of blood spilled... it was all so long ago.

Er.. Alot. I mean seriously, Alot. I've had blood put in me(I don't know what its called xD) I've lost so much, There were.. Issues with school last year.

But I'm happy now, So don't worry :)

Edited by Sweet Innocence

Hm...well I did lose some blood from this one paintball incident.one time I got hit with a shovel in the head and lost some brain blood stuff. Apart from that I haven't lost much from cuts and stuff like that