Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

(edited)

@@jdor11,

(Who said there weren't any guards investigating the crime scene at the moment? I thought it was assumed that there were.)

Gladius spoke calmly but with clear annoyance and even anger in his voice.

"Don't tell me what we know or what we need to do. There is no "we", there is me and the rest of the military, and then there's you. And right now, you are trying my patience. It doesn't matter whether you left hoof prints or not, the investigators need to study the locations of the bodies and where they were positioned when they were killed. Besides, how can I be sure that you didn't tamper with them in any other way? Now I'm going to repeat myself one last time: stay out of this. It's none of your business and the guards don't need some random pony messing with their investigation."

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

(Sorry didn't know that there were ponies already there)

Icicle was annoyed how was he ever supposed to help if no one would let him, Icicle walked away silently, making his way over to the Temple he decided to take a small brake, Ice ponies never really slept too much so he decided to sit down and look at his vile, if there was anything that would always take his mind off things it was this small priceless vile of snow.

@@Skullbuster,

Glory noticed the stallion who had entered her temple before there; she remembered how he had entered injured, dressed in armour. She walked up to him.

"Relax," she said. "The goddess has assured me that the temple is safe; anypony within its walls will be protected by her."

Glory thought for a moment, then said, "I will go to the palace to inform the emperor that the temple is a safe place; you are welcome to remain here for as long as you like."

She then left the temple, trotting swiftly in the direction of the palace.

@@Skullbuster,

Icicle decided he would sit outside of the temple, walking outside he noticed Magnus walking around, "Whats going on? how are your wounds?" Icicle asked a little worried, the amount of blood Magnus lost would have killed anypony if it were not for icicle beings there. 

Magnus smiled, he had high respect for priests and priestesses of the temples, he wanted to sign up for the gladiatorial games, but he wanted to buy a trident first, so he would need money

@@jdor11,

"my wounds are  fine, thank you for the healing, i dont know what magic you used, but it worked, and a quick rest helped me out"

@@Skullbuster,

"Well thats good to hear, as for the magic i used" Icicle gave a small grin, "I'm still up for that offer to make you a weapon, seeing how most of the weapons at the arena are crap... as you said" Icicle was smiling, no one really thanked him for helping them, he was an outcast in most places, one of the reasons he moved so often. 

Scar smiled and led her down the hall towards the training yard...he didn't let go of her talon.

After a moment they walked out into a large courtyard. There was a small fighting ring in the middle and several practice dummies around the ring. There were also a few dummies in the air used by Pegasai or griffins.

Fire leaped into the center of the fighting ring.

"come on! i bet i can take you!" Fire Runner called, giving a sly and playful wink to Scar.

she got down in a playful pouncing position, flicking her stub of a tail back and forth (like a cat XD ).

she bounced from side to side and flicked her tail back and forth some more, a wide smile plastered her face.

@@jdor11

"i might take you up on that offer,i currently have no money to buy anything really" he said, he stopped walking "i am very grateful the temples are always open for travlers and such, ive spent the last year or so basicly living in temples. on my quest to become the gladiator champion of the empire

@@Skullbuster,

"Yes i almos know where your coming from, for the last few years i have made my life living in abandoned houses, or run down churches, i was born in the Ice empire, thousands of miles from here, living there was hard but worth it... as for the blade it is completely free of course, the only price is simple yet complicated at the same time, and no i am not taking anything from you if thats what you think..." Icicle said simply he seamed a bit dazed and tired but other then that he was fine.

Glory trotted quickly to the palace. Of course, she knew very well indeed that as Oracle she was in short the spiritual leader of the city and that she had the authority to proclaim the temple as a place of sanctuary without needing the emperor, but she also knew how panicky citizens acted. If there was a full scale panic as a result of the massacre, the citizens would no doubt flock en masse to the palace. This was why she intended to inform the emperor so if such a panic happened, he would know what to say to the citizens and where to send them. She was unafraid for herself; if the evil scar faced griffon tried to attack her, she could not only fend him off with her own magic but with the magic of the goddess channeled thru her.

@,

As the pony walked away Diamond tapped Gladius on the shoulder. "How about that dinner...unless you still have to work." She said.

@,

Scar rolled his eyes and flew into the ring. He cracked his knuckles (?) and got into a fighting stance. He gave Fire a cheeky grin. "Ready when you are Miss Fire." He said.

@,

Gladius had to think for a moment. On the one hand, he should probably be helping with the search for the mystery griffon, but on the other hand, he still had to protect Diamond, and there were plenty of other guards who could work on the investigation. Besides, Diamond... well, he wasn't quite sure what it was yet, but he felt something for her that made him want to stay with her as long as possible.

"I think... yes, I think I'd like very much to join you for dinner, ma'am." 

He smiled as they continued to walk.

Scar rolled his eyes and flew into the ring. He cracked his knuckles (?) and got into a fighting stance. He gave Fire a cheeky grin. "Ready when you are Miss Fire." He said.

"believe me, i'm ready for this." Fire Runner said, rolling her shoulders.

"Okay, just don't go too easy on me, okay?" She added with another playful wink.

she jumped to one side, swatting at Scar's front left leg, she made sure her claws and talons weren't extended so she wouldn't hurt him.

@,

Scar laughed and with lightning fast speed, he rolled out of the way and attempted to knock out Fire's back legs...he also made sure his talons weren't extended.

@,

Diamond smiled. "Great...let's be off then. I bet you by the time we get to my house, Sand will have dinner prepared and ready to be served." She said, walking towards the edge of town. Off in the distance a large house could be seen overlooking a large beautiful lake with water as clear and as flat as glass.

@,

Gladius smiled.

"That sounds great ma'am. I'm really hungry after all the running around and excitement today. This... This might seem like an inappropriate question ma'am, but, um... are you sure you can trust Sand? I mean, in light of what happened today... I just want to make sure your safe."

@,

Diamond couldn't help but laugh. "Gladius my dear...Sand has been with me for five years now...ever since I got that house. There is no need to worry." She said, as the walked passed the last building and made there way down the path to the house.

After a few minutes of walking, they reached the door and Diamond pushed it open then waited for Gladius to go in first.

@,

Gladius nodded, satisfied with her answer.

"Alright, then. It's just... I don't want anything to happen to you, you know? You're important to the city, ma'am, and... also to me."

Gladius couldn't even comprehend the words he had just spoken. As he walked into the senator's house, he tried to figure out what had compelled him to say that, and more importantly, how she would respond.

@,

Diamond blushed and smiled. She followed Gladius inside and closed the door behind them, before she had time to speak a small skinny unicorn mare trotted from the kitchen. "Finally you're back...and you brought a friend...no worries, I made lots of food. Its waiting on the table Miss Diamond." She said.

Diamond nodded at Sand and looked at Gladius. "Well...its just down here." She said, leading him down the hall.

@,

Gladius just nodded, still embarrassed.

"I... um, I noticed your servant called you Miss Diamond. Would you rather I called you that instead of ma'am? Honestly I'd never even really thought about it before, but I'd hate to call you something that makes you uncomfortable." 

@@jdor11,

"the weapon i require is a trident, mine broke in  the last battle i had with griffons, tridents are very useful weapons and are very good at taking down griffons, and now that a griffon terrorist is running about, having such a weapon would be a good idea"

Fire Slayer began to take mental notes. "No no. At least you're not tripping over yourself in my presence. That became boring after a day... But enough about me. How has Rome been treating you? Have you seen the Gladitorial arena as of yet? And why are you hiding a daggar behind that robe?"

"The city has been very kind to me. The gods have blessed me with a place to stay in the temple and, might I say, the temple is much more comfortable than a straw bed in a little farmhouse on the countryside. And no, I have not gone to see the Colosseum yet." Vinyl's eyes dart back to her dagger and she smiled nervously. "Um, I... I carry it for protection."

Glory soon found Fire Slayer. "Forgive me for interrupting, emperor," she said. "But I come to inform you of the spell I performed in the temple. If the citizens of the city panic and run to the palace, you can tell them to come to the temple. The goddess, thru me, protects it from all evil."

Glory's reasoning for coming to tell the emperor was practical. She knew that the emperor had many soldiers at his command who could spread the word far more easily than she herself could. She knew also that the citizens of the city would naturally go to the palace to ask for help, tho there were a few who had the sense to go to the temple.

@@Skullbuster,

Icicle looked at Magnus, his expression was strange, "How do i explain this to you...."Icicle was looking for the words "I can make you a blade that can turn into any blade, i can make you a blade that is indestructible, but it's at the cost of a change.... your soul will be pushed into this" Icicle showed him the vile, "And as long as you keep it unbroken you will live like most ponies..." Icicle was not sure how to truly explain the power of the little snow vile. 

@@jdor11

Magnus was a little suspicious "my soul? in a glass vile?"  he took a step back "why would you want my soul? i dont like where this is going..." he was very weary, icicle was proposing a very strange offer, he didnt even know if it was possible but he didnt want to find out

@@Skullbuster,

"I don't take your soul!" Icicle knew that the conversation might have led here, "You keep your soul, i never touch it, the only reason i am going to put your soul in this vile, is because the vile amplifies what the soul wants, so if you want a blade this vile will turn into any blade you choose, it is a kind of soul magic... But trust me when i say i will only craft it for you and never touch it again!" Icicle was looking straight at Magnus, if he started going around telling ponies "Icicle uses some evil magic!" He would have to move again, so Icicle was trying as hard as possible to get his point across.