Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

Diamond shrugged as they entered the dining room...which had a huge long table and two places set up across from each other. "I usually prefer Diamond but most ponies end up forgetting and calling me miss or Ma'am...so I have learned to just not really care. So its up to you." She said, smiling as Sand came trotting out of the kitchen levitating two plates of stir fry which smelled amazing and looked even better.

She placed the two dishes in front of Diamond and Gladius then trotted back into the kitchen.

@@jdor11,

Magnus thought for a moment "ill consider it, you must understand i am not used to ponies offering such enchantments as you have" he said, "i still want to look at the price and quality of the weapons sold first however, i will get back to you on this once i have made my decision" 

Scar laughed and with lightning fast speed, he rolled out of the way and attempted to knock out Fire's back legs...he also made sure his talons weren't extended.

Fire stumbled a bit to one side but then quickly re-gained her footing.

use your size as an advantage! don't let him push you around! she thought with determination.

Fire rolled to her right nudging Scar in the side, hoping that she'd knock him a bit off balance.

Fire stumbled a bit to one side but then quickly re-gained her footing.

use your size as an advantage! don't let him push you around! she thought with determination.

Fire rolled to her right nudging Scar in the side, hoping that she'd knock him a bit off balance.

(OOC: Mission romantic situation is a go.)

Scar stumbled to the side a bit and almost fell over, then he gave Fire a serious look. "Its...on." He said, grinning and spreading his wings.

He flew into the air and landed behind her, he knocked out her back legs then tackled her to the ground so he was on top of her...looking into her eyes.

(OOC: Mission romantic situation is a go.)

Scar stumbled to the side a bit and almost fell over, then he gave Fire a serious look. "Its...on." He said, grinning and spreading his wings.

He flew into the air and landed behind her, he knocked out her back legs then tackled her to the ground so he was on top of her...looking into her eyes.

(OCC: oh... my... gosh! :lol: )

Fire Runner could feel her face getting red from blushing, she wasn't sure what to do... so she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and while he was still stunned, she pushed him off of her.

"never let your guard down Scar." she teased playfully, sticking her tongue out at him. ( :P )

• Brohoof 1

(OCC: oh... my... gosh! laugh.png )

Fire Runner could feel her face getting red from blushing, she wasn't sure what to do... so she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and while he was still stunned, she pushed him off of her.

"never let your guard down Scar." she teased playfully, sticking her tongue out at him. ( tongue.png )

Scar still felt stunned but he couldn't help but laugh. "You are a cheeky griffon you know that." He said, getting into a fighting stance again.

He took a deep breath then attempted to tackle her again, but this time he did it so if all went as planned, she would be pinned down facing the ground with both arm's behind her back...if it worked...

• Brohoof 1

Scar still felt stunned but he couldn't help but laugh. "You are a cheeky griffon you know that." He said, getting into a fighting stance again.

He took a deep breath then attempted to tackle her again, but this time he did it so if all went as planned, she would be pinned down facing the ground with both arm's behind her back...if it worked...

as if by magic; Fire Runner ended up pinned, face down, with her arms behind her back.

"okay, okay! you win! now let me up." she squeaked, kicking her back legs on the ground.

"man.... you are one hell of a fighter." Fire complimented Scar, turning her head enough so he could see her flash him a smile.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"I... can try to call you Diamond, but I can't promise that I will. It's hard not to follow my natural inclination to address you in a more formal manner.

Gladius smiled as the delicious looking food arrived.

"This looks incredible. Do you eat this well all the time?"

@,

"Not all the time...sometimes I just have a sandwich for dinner, but I usually eat like this during the weekend and maybe one or two days in the week. And I honestly don't mind what you call me. Anything is fine." She said, smiling and taking a few bites of her meal.

Then, using her magic, she placed her fork down on the plate. "Gladius...I want you to teach me how to fight." She said.

@,

Scar grinned and let go of Fire's fore legs (Griffin arms ?) then he held out his talon to help her up. "That was for not giving me reaction time...a kiss is something that doesn't happen to me often." He said.

@,

Gladius froze. He certainly hadn't been expecting that.

"You... want me to teach you to fight? I... I mean, I guess I can do it, but... it won't be easy. I didn't become the fighter I am today overnight. I've been training my entire life, and my father was an amazing teacher. If you want to learn, I'll do my best to help, but it's going to take a lot of hard work and patience."

@,

Diamond nodded. "I know, its just...after today, I think it would be a good skill to learn. I am totally inexperienced and if something like that were to ever happen again...I wouldn't want to be in the way of everypony else." She said, looking down at her hooves, feeling slightly embarrassed.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"I understand. That's very admirable. And it would be nice to know that you're able to defend yourself whenever I'm not here to protect you. Although, It's not like I plan on leaving you alone very often. But anyway, I'll teach you how to fight if you want. As soon as we're done eating we can get started if you like. It's a long road, so it's best for us to get started as soon as possible, but at the same time, you have to make sure you're ready for it."

• Brohoof 1

@,

(OOC: Is this the kind of RP where they should be wearing clothes ? Or is it just normal ?)

Diamond nodded and smiled slightly. "I do really want you to know that we are going to have to start from the very beginning...because I no idea what so ever on how to fight. And I do believe Sand has made vanilla chocolate swirl pudding...so we could start after that...unless you want to start sooner than later." She said, eating some stir fry.

(OOC: Is this the kind of RP where they should be wearing clothes ? Or is it just normal ?)

(Gladius usually has armor, and someone did mention wearing a toga once, but I'm going to say it's not really required, no. Although in reality the romans were very modest.)

Gladius smiled.

"Don't worry, I figured that was pretty much the case. It actually makes things easier; this way you don't have to unlearn all the things that you were taught to do wrong. Which, judging by most of the fighters in Rome, is pretty much everything. And we can certainly wait until after dessert. It sounds delicious, and besides, if you want to be able to fight effectively, I suggest you put on some weight."

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond laughed. "Weight ? You mean muscle or fat ?" She said, jokingly. "And...I don't want to boast or anything, but I am flexible so that will probably be kinda nice, When I was a filly...my parents would always get me toys and dresses but I rarely played with them, I was so in love with flying." She said, smiling. "Well this will be...fun, although I am guessing that one of us is going to get hurt at some point."

@,

Gladius nodded and laughed a bit.

"Yes one of us will, and I apologize in advance for that, ma'am. But don't worry, I'll make sure are weapons are properly dulled and all that first. It would be rather counterproductive if you ended up losing a leg or something."

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Yeah...I would like to keep my legs." She said, smiling and finishing her stir fry.

"So...do you know if anypony has any idea why that griffin attacked today ? And...what exactly did he look like ? I will probably end up being asked to write a big huge long report about the whole thing so...did you see him ?"

@,

"Yeah...I would like to keep my legs." She said, smiling and finishing her stir fry.

"So...do you know if anypony has any idea why that griffin attacked today ? And...what exactly did he look like ? I will probably end up being asked to write a big huge long report about the whole thing so...did you see him ?"

Gladius tried to think back. It was a painful memory, but it was important. When he spoke, it was without any trace of emotion, simply reciting everything he remembered about the griffon.

"Big. Clearly getting on in years, but still in top shape, obviously. Dark brown eyes. Face... covered in scars, almost completely taking the place of his flesh. Talons and beak much longer than average for a griffin, likely partly responsible for his incredible fighting ability. That's all I remember really. I have no idea why he attacked."

Ashwing made a little stand that wouldnt be noticed by the guards and put on a cloak to hide identity then putting his only weapon for sale... A red flamey trident that looked somewhat enchanted, he thought for a moment 'should i really help him or not... Would be a waste to not know my enemies strength, even if i give them power...'

Gladius tried to think back. It was a painful memory, but it was important. When he spoke, it was without any trace of emotion, simply reciting everything he remembered about the griffon.

"Big. Clearly getting on in years, but still in top shape, obviously. Dark brown eyes. Face... covered in scars, almost completely taking the place of his flesh. Talons and beak much longer than average for a griffin, likely partly responsible for his incredible fighting ability. That's all I remember really. I have no idea why he attacked."

Diamond nodded. "I will be writing that down and informing the rest of the senate...thank you Gladius...that must have been difficult." She said.

Sand trotted back out from the kitchen and placed two glasses of red wine and two glasses of water in front of Gladius and Diamond.

@,

"I... it was no problem, really. I'm used to having to remember details about criminals and the like. But I'll admit, you're right about it being hard, it's a painful memory, and it's still fresh enough to really hurt."

He took a sip of the wine that was placed in front of him.

"You must have trained her very well. You didn't even have to say anything and she brought us wine." 

@,

Fire slayer cocked his head "How you have both not seen the arena, or have been caught with a weapon, remains to be seen, though protection isn't valid enough of a reason, But... I can let you off. For now." He then turned when he heard footsteps coming him way.@@Pripyat Pony

"Very well. It can be arranged that such news is spread in case the town does decide to panic, though knowing this town I can doubt that too."

@,

Minath flew to the palace and sat in her spot next to where the Ceasar sat, waiting for him to arrive. Maybe he would bring company and she would have to go inot the full speach of introducing herself. It was one of the things she liked about being Visier, having many titles.

@@,

(OOC: HIS. NAME. ISN'T. CEASER!!! angry.png )

Fire slayer turned towards the palace. "i'm going back into the palace. Again. Perhaps you would..." he coughed awkwardly. "like to have a look around with me? Just a personal tour." he trotted up the stairs and went inside to the throne room.

(the place the emporer sits if it isnt a throne room.)

@,

@

Icicle got bored of sitting around an decided to go to the arena, "Surely there will be something there for me to do..." Icicle said getting up, when he made his way into the arena, he saw the two griffins, he never talked to them or even introduced himself, so he decided he would finally go say hello.