Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

"Are you saying that a mare couldn't fight like a colt ?" She joked, sticking her tongue out at him...which she felt rather surprised by, senator's are looked at as fancy high class ponies...and that's not fancy and high class. "I um...i'm joking." She said, blushing slightly.

@,

Gladius shook his head and laughed.

"Not at all, it's just... different. Although, you did say, what was it? Oh, yeah, I believe it was "I'm a very marish mare, which means I'll probably drop the sword". So I'm not sure you can really call me out for that. But anyway, I meant that it's just not quite what I'm used to. It's a very close personal relationship when you teach an individual one-on-one.  I don't have many close relationships at all, and not really any with mares. That, and your body is... different. I'm not used to working with somepony so... shapely." 

@,

Diamond raised an eyebrow. "I'm gonna take that last part as a compliment." She said, jokingly. "And yes...you caught me, I did say that didn't I. Alright...so, should I attempt to punch you or something ?" She asked. Part of her almost regretted asking Gladius to teach her to fight because its just not her nature...but at the same time she thought it was a good idea considering what had happened that day.

@,

Gladius blushed.

"Forgive me for that last part ma'am. I shouldn't say such things. But... it was intended as a compliment, yes."

He nodded and stepped back.

"Alright, I want you to come at me with everything you've got. Don't hold back, and don't concern yourself with fighting fair. Come at me like your life depended on it." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond nodded and got into a terrible fighting stance. After a moment, she ran at Gladius but tripped on her robes only a few feet away from him. "I think it would be best if I were to take these off." She said, pushing herself back up to her hooves and pulling off her toga.

(OOC: You did say that don't Have to wear clothes right ?)

@,

(That's what I said, yeah. Why did you change your name? It's jarring and far less memorable.)

Gladius shrugged.

"Either way is fine. You'll have to learn to fight while wearing potentially obstructive clothing eventually, but that can wait. Now, come at me again." 

@,

(OOC: I'm just having some fun. I will probably switch it back later (Heh heh Jarring))

Diamond blushed. "Yea...I suppose that's true." She said, folding up her toga and placing it on a nearby wooden bench.

She walked back out onto the beach and got into a fighting stance...this time it was a little better. She took a deep breath and ran at Gladius, aiming a punch at his chest.

(edited)

@,

Gladius grabbed her incoming hoof and pulled it forward and to the side while stepping in the opposite direction, leaving her off balance and to his left. He then turned ninety degrees to face her.

"Not bad for a first try. Keep going until you're too tired to fight anymore. Then I'll help you improve." 

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

Vinyl smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, emperor. Though, please forgive me if I am a bit quiet. I can be a bit reserved at times, especially in the presence of such important company as yourself." She followed him up the stairs, then stopped and took out her blade. She pointed it to him, handle first. "I don't feel it is right for me to be armed in your company, so I am entrusting it to you for the time being."

Fire Slayer levitated the wepon and with a *poof!* it landed on his desk in his study. "that will stay in my study for the time being. Never was a melle combatant anyway. Magic is more of my thing." he walked into the first room. "This is the main room. It is, as you can see, where I sit around and make my announcments. That there is My visier." he pointed to his visier.

• Brohoof 1

@,

(OOC: I know this is a long shot...but can Diamond be a secret vigilante type pony thing ?)

Diamond nodded and attacked Gladius again, this time going for his forehead. She didn't want to push herself even though Gladius said too...if she did hit him she didn't want to hurt him...

(OOC: I know this is a long shot...but can Diamond be a secret vigilante type pony thing ?)

(I don't even really know what you mean. Are you saying she actually already knows how to fight and stuff?)

Gladius simply swayed to the side and easily dodged the blow.

"Come on! You're holding back. I know you can do better than that. You have to give it everything you've got. Don't worry about hurting me or anything. I can take it."

@,

(OOC: Yea. And she only asked Gladius so she could spend more time with him...because she likes him...*Shrugs* Maybe it was a bad idea...I dunno.)

Diamond sighed. "Alright alright...you caught me." She said. She ran at him again, this time trying to pack a bit more of a punch...but instead of a punch she tried something a little different. She spread her wings and pulled herself, attempting to hit him in the chest with her back hoof.

@,

(I don't want to wait any longer for autumn) 

Striker went up to the two Griffins and said, "Hi my name is Striker i seen you two a lot but never had much time to say hello, so i'm doing that now!" Striker said in one fast sentence, he smiled and gave a small sqee (What?! I don't Sqee!) he wanted to be a little silly, he didn't know why.

• Brohoof 1

@@jdor11,

@,

Scar raised an eyebrow at this new pony...he was obviously new in the arena...no pony just walked up to Wind Scar to introduce themselves...except for Fire of course. "White Scar." He said, blankly, not smiling. This pony obviously didn't know who he was dealing with.

@,

"White scar?" Icicle said the griffins name with a look of horror on his face, paused, then started smiling as if the entire thing was a joke, "Well it's nice to meet you White Scar!" Icicle said in a happy tone. "So your one of the gladiators?" Icicle asked, he looked happy as though he didn't have a care in the world 

(OOC: Yea. And she only asked Gladius so she could spend more time with him...because she likes him...*Shrugs* Maybe it was a bad idea...I dunno.)

(It really doesn't make much since, considering he basically said he would take over guarding her all the time so she didn't have to have strangers following her around. I don't know... I'd rather not.)

Gladius hadn't been expecting that, and he barely reacted in time to block her attack.

"That's much better! Keep going."

@@jdor11,

@,

Scar did happen to notice this ponies look of horror and couldn't help but grin. "So...from that look you gave me...I cant shake the feeling that you may have heard of me. Do you follow the new's in the arena ?" He asked, knowing that this pony probably knew him from the arena matches. Scar may not be the number one best arena fighter but he was one of the more famous ones.

@,

(OOC: That's fine. Just a thought wink.png )

Diamond smiled. "Am I good enough to fight in the arena yet ?" She asked, giving Gladius a mischievous grin.

She took a few steps back and ran at Gladius again.

(OOC: Should we just do a small time skip to later in the lesson or something ?)

@,

Icicle looked at Scar with a wierd expression... "Know you?...." Icicle thought for a second... "No i don't know or have ever heard of a Scar..." Icicle looked back at Scar smiling, "Why are you famous or something? I have never met a famous pony or griffin before..." Icicle said in a funny tone, "Oh! could i have your autograph!?" 

@@jdor11,

Scar frowned. "So why the sudden look of recognition ? Just a few moments ago you gave me a look as if you had seen me before. And don't joke around like that. I know you don't actually want an autograph so don't ask." He said, his frown turning to a look of annoyance.

Edited by Jolteon

(OOC: Should we just do a small time skip to later in the lesson or something ?)

(I was going to suggest that anyway. I'll do it now.)

Gladius shrugged.

"Maybe. With the people they've been bringing in lately, you'd probably be one of the best rookies, actually. Some of them are just sad."

-Time Skip-

Gladius dodged another kick from Diamond. They had been going for about an hour now, and although Diamond had gotten in some good blows here and there, it was clear she was getting worn out, and it was reflected in her attacks.

"Are you getting tired yet? I think we've been doing this long enough."

@

"Ok, ok, sorry about the humor! but no really i have never heard of you, i am but a simple travailing pony, i come from places so far away that ponies either have never heard of them or don't want to speak it's name, so i don't really know what goes on in general!" Icicle said in a more serious but still friendly tone. "I came over to rome because i thought i would make a good body guard for a rich pony but thing haven't seemed to go as planned..."

@,

Diamond nodded. "Yes *Pant* I am feeling a little bit tired." She said, looking across the lake at the sun slowly sinking below the horizon, the light reflecting off the water. "Would you like to go for a swim ? it will be a nice way to cool off." She said, looking back at Gladius.

@@jdor11,

Scar sighed. "Uh huh...very interesting." He said, in a sarcastic tone. "So if you came here to be a body guard...than why are you in the colosseum ?" He asked.

@,

"well i asked the emperor if i could be his bodyguard and he told me that i would have to fight in the arena first! I don't doubt that i will at least be able to hold my own, but i disliked that fact that i have to participate in these games..." Icicle said in a dry voice "In truth i was surprised that i would need to be a gladiator just to do a separate job afterwords..." 

@,

Gladius nodded and took off his guard uniform.

"Yeah, a swim would be nice. Anyway, you did a really good job for a beginner. You were a lot better than I thought. You're going to be easy to teach, I think. You're already really clever, you just have to apply it to fighting. Which you did a few times, and that's when you caught me off guard. With time, you'll be a great fighter." 

@@jdor11,

"Fighting in the arena is a great way to prove yourself...that is probably why the emperor asked you to fight here." He said.

@,

"Thank you Gladius...that's very sweet of you." She said, smiling at him and walking down the beach towards the water. She waded in so the water was just up to her knees then she looked back at Gladius and gestured for him to come in.