Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

"Would you care for a practice battle? I think i could use the movment, i haven't done much since i came to rome and i really need to do something!" Icicle said in a way that sounded as if he did this type of thing almost everyday, in truth the amount of labor Icicle had to do in the irelands was equal to that of 50 years of training, yet Icicle was no older then 23.

• Brohoof 1

@

Gladius just stared at her for a minute. She was drenched in sweat and covered in dirt from the fight, yet somehow she still managed to maintain the elegance and beauty that she always seemed to have. Then he realized he was staring and shook his head, snapping out of it. He headed into the water.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond's smile widened and she moved farther into the water. She dived in all the way and broke the surface with a relaxed sigh.

She rolled over onto her back and used her wings to keep herself stable in the water

@@jdor11,

Scar laughed. "You want to fight me ? Really ? I think I would rather meet you again when you aren't ripped to shreds." He said.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Gladius sighed as he continued to wade into the water until he was neck deep, and then he began using his wings to propel himself further out. Eventually he stopped, not far from Diamond, and just floated there for a while, content to just sit and watch her. 

@,

"You underestimate your opponent, you don't know what i'm capable of, maybe i know a few tricks that you don't or maybe i have a special move that can finish a enemy off in one hit, If there is anything i have learned on my travels it's never underestimate anyone ever, they may just surprise you..." Icicle grabbed his vile a few seconds later a large scythe made of ice formed, "Just like now..." icicle said laughing, "Don't worry i will blunt the blade so i don't cut you..." a few seconds later the scythe became duller and was more of a pole with a blunt edge on it.

@@jdor11,

Scar raised an eyebrow at the scythe. "A scythe ? You know all I have to do is get past the blade and you are as good as dead. And I never said that you are a bad fighter...I am sure you are quite good at fighting...i'm just better." He said, bluntly. "Now, I am going to get something to drink."

@,

Diamond let out another relaxed sigh and looked over at Gladius. He really was a handsome colt, and just like before she found herself just kinda...staring at him. After realizing what she was doing she cleared her throat and looked up at the purple sky.

@,

"It's not just a scythe." Icicle said suddenly the blade changed to a sword to a flail to a shield, "It's any weapon imaginable, even the ones that aren't!" Icicle said a little tired from the vile usage, "I guess i will battle you later then..." Icicle left the Arena and made his way else where. 

@,

Gladius saw her looking at him and figured she must have caught him staring. He looked away and tried to make something up to talk about that would distract from the awkwardness.

"It... it certainly is a beautiful night, huh?"

He cringed inwardly. That was a pretty weak line.

@,

Diamond nodded. "Heh heh...y-yea." She replied.

She flipped over so she was treading water and swam over to a large rock that was just below the surface of the water. She swam onto it and sat down, the water was just up to her chest. She gestured for Gladius to join her.

@,

Gladius swam over to the rock Diamond was sitting on and sat down on it as well, sitting next to her, but making a point of not sitting too close.

"You know, I've really enjoyed all the time we've spent together today, ma'am. I'm so glad you decided to let me guard you."

• Brohoof 1

@,

((We're the only ones posting...AH.)

"I have had a wonderful day as well...you know today is one of the only days where I have come home not thinking about work...and by that I mean the political stuff...what happened today is still nagging at my mind." She said, looking down into the clear water. She looked back up at the sunset and found herself inching towards Gladius...just slightly.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"I know, it bothers me, too, ma'am. But honestly, and I'm not sure whether I'm should be ashamed of this or glad for it, I have to admit that while I've been with you, I haven't really been thinking about it. I guess you just have that kind of effect on ponies."

Ooc: Finding it difficult to post when nopony is interacting with me. -.-

Glory walked away from the palace quickly, looking about her. She could sense that everypony around her was waiting for something else to happen and that the mood of the citizens had quickly changed from what it had been a few days ago. It was as tho there was something oppressive in the atmosphere, something which hadn't been there before. Glory wanted very much to speak to somepony about this, but was unsure about who to approach. Many ponies felt nervous about speaking to her, assuming that anypony who had both wings and a horn was an alicorn.

@@Pripyat Pony

(to the rescue!)

Icicle walked around until he came to the palace, he saw Glory and realized he never let her look at the vile, walking over to her he only said "look at me through this." Icicle handed the vile to her silently, he stood straight and did not make a sound watching what Glory did.

Surprised, Glory looked into the vial that Icicle handed to her. Inside, she saw a pale blue pegasus pony who she recognised as her mother, meeting with a red and indigo unicorn stallion. She gave a little gasp, realising that this must be the father she had never known. Glory's mother Starfall lived in another city; she sometimes visited the temple, knowing that her daughter could not leave it. But she had never mentioned Glory's father.

@,

Diamond nodded. "I don't know...I usually try to stay upbeat and happy and I suppose that wear's off on other ponies. But the truth is...I may look like I am always upbeat and happy but allot of the time I am stressed out." She said.

She absentmindedly moved a little closer to Gladius.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Icicle saw Glory gasp, quickly taking the vile he looked at what she saw, her mother and father, Icicle looked at Glory and gave a small smile  with a hint of understanding, he said "You see what you want to see and the vile helps you do that, it is not always the truth what you see... but this... is different." Icicle looked at Glory with little suspicion, looking at Glory through the vile he sighed, what he saw was not what he expected, the aura coming off of Glory was strong, it was not a physical aura but a mental one, something made this pony much different.  

"My mother never spoke of my father," Glory said, quietly. "I always wondered what the mystery was. In any case, once I became the Oracle, it gave me peace with myself. It's so much better not to have to worry about relationships; after all, an Oracle simply is; she stays pure and true to herself."

@,

(OCC: sorry i wasn't on yesterday... i was doing birthday stuff with my family)

Fire followed Scar.

"hey, whats bothering you?" she asked, noticing that he seemed a little distressed.

"you know you can tell me anything right?" she said, nudging him gently, concern was showing in her eyes.

@,

Gladius listened intently. He looked away for a moment and when he turned back he realized something seemed slightly different. Was she closer than before? He must just be imagining it.

"I can imagine how you would be. You have such a terrible burden to bare as one of the foremost members of the senate. Yet... the way you manage to appear so upbeat all the time, never cracking under the pressure... It takes so much courage and willpower. Not to mention the way you can make everyone else around feel so at ease. You're an amazing mare, ma'am."

He subconsciously moved his hoof toward hers until they touched.

@,

(OOC: Its no problem. Happy belated birthday biggrin.png )

Scar shrugged. "Its nothing. Just...some ponies thinking they're all that." He said, walking towards the cafeteria, but stopping and turning to look at Autumn. "You know...There's this awesome bar just downtown and I would love it if you were to join me."

@,

"Oh please Gladius you can really just call me...Diamond." She said, just as his hoof touched hers. She turned and looked into his eyes but didn't look away this time...she actually slowly leaned in a little closer...and closer.

@,

"Whatever you say... Diamond." 

He then realized that their hooves were touching, and she was leaning in closer to him than before. And she kept getting closer. What was she doing? Surely she couldn't be... But she was, wasn't she? What was he supposed to do? He couldn't... even if he did desperately want to. But...

Suddenly he began moving closer to her without even realizing it until, all of a sudden, his lips touched hers.

• Brohoof 1

@,

The moment their lips met Diamond's heart kipped a beat. She closed her eyes and put her forelegs around him. She moved closer so they were touching and enjoyed the moment, feeling as if they were the center of the universe and nothing could ruin this moment.

@,

For the first time in his life, honor and duty were the furthest things from Gladius' mind. As Diamond wrapped her forelegs around him, he felt a surge of warmth like he had never known before. He kissed her deeply, allowing the passion of the moment to take control of him. He had never felt like this before in his life, but he had also never felt better.

@,

(OOC: Its no problem. Happy belated birthday img-1273153-1-biggrin.png )

Scar shrugged. "Its nothing. Just...some ponies thinking they're all that." He said, walking towards the cafeteria, but stopping and turning to look at Autumn. "You know...There's this awesome bar just downtown and I would love it if you were to join me."

"bar?" Fire said, stopping.

"im in!" she exclaimed, leaping and landing on Scar's back.

she sat down on his back and giggled loudly.

"onward to victory!" she cheered, pointing a claw forward.

(OCC: that moment when this character begins to act more and more like me... :lol:)