Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

Gladius smiled and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Apparently she remembered what had happened last night and didn't regret it, which was all it took to make him happy as can be.

"Good morning, Diamond. You're looking beautiful as always. I trust you slept well? I'd hate to think I kept you up or anything." 

"well that doesn't look good..." Fire Runner said, looking towards the palace.

"its okay that you left, its giving me time to think about everything that has happened the past few days. im doing alright, i was just deep in thought." Unholy Sight said to Glory, lifting her head to face her.

"I have to perform several duties in the temple now," Glory replied with a smile at Unholy. "I would very much like you to come with me and help, as then I can show you what to do and when to do it. When your apprenticeship is complete and you're a fully fledged priestess, you may remain at this temple under me, or go to work in another temple, whichever you wish for."

@,

Gladius smiled and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Apparently she remembered what had happened last night and didn't regret it, which was all it took to make him happy as can be.

"Good morning, Diamond. You're looking beautiful as always. I trust you slept well? I'd hate to think I kept you up or anything." 

Diamond yawned and nodded. "Y-Yeaaawww." She said, stretching her arms and wings then throwing her hooves around the edge of the bed so they were hanging down towards the floor. "How was your sleep ?" She asked, looking over her shoulder Gladius and smiling.

@,

Gladius couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at her over the top yawning.

"I had a great night's sleep. How could it be anything else when I was lying right next to you?" 

He smiled and nuzzled against her cheek affectionately.

"I still can't believe this is happening. I must be the luckiest stallion in the world to have ended up with a mare like you."

@,

Diamond chuckled. "You have no shortage of compliments do you ?" She said, smiling and nuzzling him back. "I think Sand has today off because she's out spending time with family. There's probably some haycake batter down in the cellar." She said, getting to her hooves and flicking her frazzled mane out of her face. She walked over to a makeup desk and started brushing her mane

@,

Gladius got out of bed with a sigh and stretched his legs a bit. He would have been perfectly happy to stay in bed with her forever.

"If you could point me towards the cellar, I'll take care of breakfast. I've learned to cook pretty well since I live on my own." 

@,

"Thank you Gladius but I will be done in just a moment, plus you're my guest I don't want you wondering into a dark and creepy cellar...even if you are a guard...and a gladiator." She said, smiling at him then brushing her tale which went from looking frazzled too its usually fancy curls.

(so im guessing its morning now?)

Magnus arose from his bed, it was quite a comfy one surprisingly, he got out and put on his cape harness, and headed out, he walked around town until he came upon the stadium he walked up to the registration  "hello, i would like to register for the games" the other pony looked at him "ok, just sign here and show me your ID, and do you have your own equipment?" Magnus got out ID and signed replying "yes, yes i do" after signing he left,  there would be a trial match before he was admitted into a real match, he would of course get through easily

@,

Gladius shrugged.

"If you insist, although really I could say the same thing about you. In fact, it's my job. But I guess after last night, I can't really pretend our relationship is just professional, can I? So... is there something I can do to help? I don't want to just sit here and wait for you to do everything."

@,

Gladius shrugged.

"If you insist, although really I could say the same thing about you. In fact, it's my job. But I guess after last night, I can't really pretend our relationship is just professional, can I? So... is there something I can do to help? I don't want to just sit here and wait for you to do everything."

"If you could get a fire going, that would be wonderful." She said, placing the manebrush back onto the table and standing up.

She trotted past Gladius towards the kitchen, gesturing for him to follow with her tail.

She trotted into the kitchen and opened a small door that led down to a dark creepy looking basement. She lit a lantern next to the stairs with her magic and levetated it into the air. She took one step towards the door before looking back at Gladius. "Actually...I kinda wanna show you something cool. So forget the fire for now." She said, grinning and walking down the stairs.

@,

Gladius followed her into the kitchen and was about to start a fire when she said she wanted to show him something. He raised an eyebrow.

"Something cool? Alright, you've piqued my curiosity. Lead on, then." 

He set the flint back down and followed her downstairs into the cellar.

@,

Diamond used her magic to hang the lantern from the ceiling. The part of the basement they were in looked quite well kept considering it was a basement. There was no dirt on the ground and nothing was damp, there were even a few pictures hanging from the walls.

She opened a nearby door which let a wave of cool air spread around the room. She stepped into the room. Inside there were several different types of food, leftovers, spices. A bunch of uninteresting things. She used her magic to lift up a tiny pot and she walked out of the room, the pot floating behind her. She closed her eyes, trying her best to focus for a moment. The pot suddenly flew up the stairs and landed on the counter.

She opened her eyes again and levitated the lantern from the small hook on the ceiling. She walked to another tiny door across the room and pushed it open. On the other side was a dark long dusty tunnel...this is where it started to look more like a basement. "Alright...come on, I thought you may find this cool...this tunnel, believe it or not, goes under to the other side of the lake." She said, ducking under the door and walking into the tunnel.

@,

Gladius' surprise could be seen clearly on his face. He had no idea a tunnel like that existed, much less under a senator's estate.

"It does? Who built it? And why, for that matter?"

He continued to ask questions as he followed her into the tunnel, his disbelief only making him more curious.

@,

"My nanny always used to tell me that the mare who built this house built it after her husband died. Apparently he died across the lake a few miles away from shore. The mare had always believed in the rumor that spirits couldn't cross water, so she ordered some workers to build this tunnel so her husband could get across the lake so they could be together again. When I got older she told me and my friend the more scary version when we had a sleep over. She said that after the workers built the tunnel, the mare killed them all and left them to decay deep within the tunnel. That's actually one of the reasons I wanted you to come down with me...because that story still scares the buck out of me." She said, staring down the tunnel which suddenly looked a little more...evil. "A little farther into the tunnel it actually starts to slant down quite a bit...I have only walked to where it starts moving down and I have never been any farther. Lets go back upstairs." She said, backing up towards Gladius.

(OOC: I have nothing planned for evil spirits coming into the RP or anything. I just thought that would be a fun story to tell.)

(OOC: I have nothing planned for evil spirits coming into the RP or anything. I just thought that would be a fun story to tell.)

(Yeah... sure you don't... ph34r.png  Really though, it would actually be pretty interesting if there were evil spirits or something)

Gladius wrapped a foreleg around her tightly.

"Actually, I think we should keep going. You need to learn to face your fears at some point, and even if there really was something down here, I'll be right by your side to protect you."

(Yeah... sure you don't... ph34r.png  Really though, it would actually be pretty interesting if there were evil spirits or something)

Gladius wrapped a foreleg around her tightly.

"Actually, I think we should keep going. You need to learn to face your fears at some point, and even if there really was something down here, I'll be right by your side to protect you."

((Do you want too do that ? Because I have it all planned out...i'm kidding, I seriously don't have a plan. But if so, we should make something happen when we're in the tunnel.))

Diamond planted her front hooves into the ground. "Nope. Something my nanny always warned me about was the other tunnels, there are a few running off the mane tunnel so if we get lost then...we're kinda stuck." She said, not mentioning the fact that she could probably teleport them out...she just didn't want to go in.

((Do you want too do that ? Because I have it all planned out...i'm kidding, I seriously don't have a plan. But if so, we should make something happen when we're in the tunnel.))

(I'll let you decide whether you want to or not. I want to be surprised. I can help once it starts though if you need me too.)

"That sounds like an excuse to me. I'll go get my sword and then I can leave scratch marks on the walls to mark where we've been. That way you don't have to worry about getting lost."

• Brohoof 1

(I'll let you decide whether you want to or not. I want to be surprised. I can help once it starts though if you need me too.)

"That sounds like an excuse to me. I'll go get my sword and then I can leave scratch marks on the walls to mark where we've been. That way you don't have to worry about getting lost."

Diamond was about to come up with another excuse but she knew that Gladius probably had his mind set on going into the tunnels so she didn't bother trying to convince him not to go in. (I am gonna do a minor godmod thing here...if you don't like it I can just edit it out) She followed him upstairs for his sword and followed him back down to the tunnel.

She reluctantly ducked under the door and stared down the tunnel, every little part of her was screaming to go back upstairs and it was showing.

Magnus went back to the temple, he walked into the room where his stuff was, he put on his armor, then his helmet, he put his weapons in the harness, then put his shield  on, he then walked in to the main alter room, he walked in front of the main statue and knelt down and prayed for victory in battle, even though it wasnt a real battle, only a trial that he was sure to win, he did this before every battle

@,

(Oh, yeah, that was totally unforgivable. The way you implied that my character would do exactly what he said he would, not cool man.... That was sarcasm.)

Gladius could see that Diamond was terrified and he held her close, trying to comfort her.

"I know you're afraid, but trust me, you'll be fine. I'm right here to protect you. I always will be." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond really wanted to tell him about what happened when she was a foal...but she didn't want him to think she was crazy like all the other ponies. She just got together with him and she didn't want to scare him off...but she also didn't want too go into the tunnels. "Gladius...you don't understand....When I was a foal...well, some things happened and they only ever happened when I came down here." She said, not looking away from the dark tunnel.

Edited by Jolteon

@,

Gladius looked at her with a worried expression, uncertain of how to respond. Maybe he shouldn't push her too hard.

"What kind of things? What happened? You can tell me anything, I promise there's nothing you could say that would change my feelings for you in the slightest."

@,

Diamond tore her eyes away from the tunnel to look at Gladius. "Like...ghost stuff. I would go to bed after coming down here and I would wake up every night at exactly twelve o-clock...and there would be a tall figure standing at the end of my bed. The last time it happened was when I was eighteen. And it only ever happened when I went in far enough to where it starts moving do-" She was cut off as a breeze swooped across them and she looked back into the tunnel...Then, her eyes widened and she stared into the darkness of the tunnel. Just out of the lanterns light stood a tall skinny figure that looked to be a colt.

@,

"Well even if you're right and there is something down here, you're hardly a defenseless little filly anymore. You have your magic to protect you, and you also have me. If there's something down here, and it's hostile, then someone has do deal with it. It might as well be us."

Then Gladius saw the figure in the tunnel.

"That's... worrying."

He shouted to the figure.

"You! Who goes there?"

Icicle made it to the Arena there he started working out and sparring with other competitors, he was bored and had nothing else to do, at the end he was so tired that he stated to melt slightly, cleaning himself off he went to a bed and fell asleep silently.