Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

The figures eyes flashed red and it slowly floated back into the tunnel. As its eyes flashed, Diamond whimpered and backed towards the door. The figure disappeared completely now and all that was left was a red pool of something...something that looked almost like...Blood.

Scar awoke and groaned. He looked out his window at the city then he got up and stretched.

He climbed out of bed and made his way out of his room and down the hall towards the mess hall.

Scar took Fire back into the arena and...after figuring out where her room was...he took her too her room and helped her into bed. "Goodnight Fire...i'll see ya tomorrow." He said, smiling at her and walking out of her room, down the hall towards his own.

Fire stopped at the entrance of her door and watched as Scar walked away. She let out a sigh and walked into her room, closing the door behind her.

"I have to perform several duties in the temple now," Glory replied with a smile at Unholy. "I would very much like you to come with me and help, as then I can show you what to do and when to do it. When your apprenticeship is complete and you're a fully fledged priestess, you may remain at this temple under me, or go to work in another temple, whichever you wish for."

"Alright. and if its the same to you, id like to stay here." Unholy said with a kind nod then followed her mentor.

@,

Gladius stepped forward and held her close, both protectively and to comfort her.

"Alright, that...that was... well, I certainly understand why you were scared now. I think it's safe to say this merits an investigation. I'm going to consult the guard captain and see what he thinks. And... I'm sorry I tried to force you to go in. I shouldn't have done that."

@,

Diamond shook her head and hugged him tightly, tears pouring down her cheeks. "C-Can I s-stay with you t-tonight ?" She asked, glancing back down the tunnel, all the memories of being down the tunnel flooding back into her mind as if the dam keeping them hidden had collapsed.

She couldn't believe that she had just ignored it for so many years...as if nothing had happened and she was never scared of it. But when she thought back, not a day went by where she didn't think about the tunnel.

Scar yawned again and walked into the mess hall...which was empty ? Not a single pony was in sight. He looked around wondering where everpony went.

He walked into the kitchen for some food but almost vomited, the food was all rotten and covered in flies. He ran out back into the mess hall, which had suddenly become dim and...dark.

He felt the feathers on the back of his neck stand on end as he slowly walked down the hallway back towards his room. Every step he took, the walls and ceiling would move towards him, they would also become dark and old until he was walking through a dark tunnel. He looked around, not seeing any way out her turn around to go back the way he came and found a dark figure with red eyes staring down at him. It opened its mouth showing sharp teeth and then... "AH." He jumped up and looked around, he was in his room, now fully awake...

Edited by Jolteon

@

Gladius embraced her tightly and nodded, stroking her mane.

"Of course. You're always free to stay with me. And don't worry about all this stuff with the tunnel. Whatever's going on down there, I'll make sure it's taken care of. Whatever it is, I won't ever let it hurt you."

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond nodded and, still holding onto Gladius, she made her way out of the tunnel towards the stairs. When they got to the other part of the basement she close the door and pulled a long wooden bar across, locking it. "I n-need to take today off." She said, her lip still quivering.

Scar sat in his bed, panting after the nightmare. He slowly stood up and looked outside. He never had nightmares...and when he did after he woke up, he wasn't scared...at all, but right now...he felt terrified.

@,

Gladius followed Diamond away from the tunnel and into the other part of the basement.

"Of course. I wouldn't expect you to be able to work after that. I'll show you to my house and you can stay there. It's not much, but it's safe, and comfortable enough."

He started to walk up the stairs, gesturing for her to follow.

@,

Diamond quickly walked up next to him, not wanting to be left alone in the basement.

She nodded and took one last glance down the stairs before closing the door...and locking it. She turned to face the kitchen and she whimpered...again.

The pancake batter...was no longer sitting on the counter, instead the pot had been smashed to pieces and had been spread around the floor, the pancake batter looked as if it was years old, it had mold growing over top of it and flies were everywhere, buzzing around the old moldy batter.

• Brohoof 1

@,

(Sorry I took so long to respond. I probably should have mentioned that I would be gone for a while. Oh well, too late now.)

Gladius stared at the pot and what had been the batter. 

"Um... I think we might as well just leave that. I don't see how letting it sit could make it much worse than it already is. Besides, I have plenty of food at my house. Okay, maybe not very good food, but food nonetheless. Let's just keep going."

He headed out the door, gesturing for her to follow.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond quickly followed him, wanting to get as far away from here as possible. She knew that opening the door in the basement was a bad idea...she just knew it.

She stopped before they walked out the door and grabbed a scroll on a table next to the door. She wrote a note to Sand telling her not to come to work and to stay as far away from here as possible...until they figure out what was happening.

She stuck the note on the door latch and followed Gladius away from the house...walking a little more quickly that she usually would.

Scar stood up and stuck his head outside the door of his room. He looked around and saw a few ponies down the hall. He let out a sigh of relief and made his way towards the mess hall...which was crowded...like its should be. He got some food and sat down alone in the corner of the room.

@,

Gladius could tell that Diamond was in a hurry to be far away from the house and that... thing in the basement, and he tried to get to his home as quickly as possible. Moving at a fairly quick pace, they arrived in less than five minutes. He took out his key and quickly unlocked and opened the door to his modest, but fairly comfortable, house.

"I know it's not quite what you're used to, but it's home just the same. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable, I'll get some breakfast." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond nodded and slowly walked inside, still shaken up after what had happened. "Th-thank you Gladius." She said, sitting on a small couch just outside the kitchen and looking around. It was a small house but it was the nice kinda small...it felt cozy and warm which was nice after their...experience.

@,

He looked at her with concern as he walked into the kitchen.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay, I promise. I'll get to the bottom of this and you won't have to be scared of it anymore. You'll be able to live at your house in peace. Not that I mind having you here."

He headed into the kitchen and started making haycakes. 

@,

Diamond smiled slightly then looked down at the ground. "I can think of one thing that would make me feel better...and that would be making the whole tunnel collapse. I never want to see it again." She said, standing up and walking into the kitchen to be with Gladius.

@,

"If that makes you feel better, then that's just what we'll do. After I take care of whatever the buck is going on in there, I'll make sure that it gets destroyed. I'll tear down myself, with my bare hooves if I have to."

He hugged her as she walked into the kitchen. 

4 'ponies' came into view at the gates of rome as if they were wating for someone or something ¨what is taking him so long¨ Rose said ¨dont ask me, well not about that atleast¨ as they were talking a black pegasus named ashwing walked up to them ¨so i see you have awaited me?¨ he asked them ¨no einstein we have only been here for like 10 minutes¨ Ashwing shrugged it off and said ¨follow me¨ as he finished he walked with two of the others around the gates to the cliffs.

Scar stood up and stuck his head outside the door of his room. He looked around and saw a few ponies down the hall. He let out a sigh of relief and made his way towards the mess hall...which was crowded...like its should be. He got some food and sat down alone in the corner of the room.

Two ponies that were sitting at a table together, whispering to each other and looking at Scar.

"Hey Scar! wheres your girlfriend?!" One called mockingly.

the pony that yelled turned to the other pony and they brohoofed.

Fire woke up and parted her mouth in a huge yawn, then stretched. she had a rather pleasant dream about food, which made her really hungry. Fire's belly growled as she got out of bed and left her room.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"I wouldn't mind in the slightest," Glory said, kindly as she led Unholy towards the alter where the smaller statue stood. "One of the duties you can help me with is the offering to the goddess. Just take these cakes and this flask of wine and stand in front of the statue, while I make the intonation."

@@rolle,

One of the changelings waiting was a male named Challenge; the other, a female named Mariposa. Both had taken care to take nondescript pony shapes so as not to attract suspicion. The female changeling had an additional power; a power which affected only a few of the female changelings but was a useful power none the less. Mariposa's power was the ability to sense other changelings, even in an area as big as the city. And she could sense that there was another changeling very close to them this very moment...

@,

"If that makes you feel better, then that's just what we'll do. After I take care of whatever the buck is going on in there, I'll make sure that it gets destroyed. I'll tear down myself, with my bare hooves if I have to."

He hugged her as she walked into the kitchen. 

Diamond hugged him back and started to cry. This was the first chance she actually had to just let it all out. She rested her head on his shoulder and sobbed.

Two ponies that were sitting at a table together, whispering to each other and looking at Scar.

"Hey Scar! wheres your girlfriend?!" One called mockingly.

the pony that yelled turned to the other pony and they brohoofed.

Fire woke up and parted her mouth in a huge yawn, then stretched. she had a rather pleasant dream about food, which made her really hungry. Fire's belly growled as she got out of bed and left her room.

Scar stood up and moved to their table, expressionless...just like before. He walked up to the pony who hadn't said anything and grabbed him by the throat. He threw him to the ground then grabbed the pony that had spoke. He lifted him off his chair and stared into his eyes. Scar's face was still expressionless. He pulled the pony close and whispered. "She's sleeping. Don't. Mock Me." He said, letting the pony fall to the ground. He looked down at the pony as if he was staring down at a piece of dirt.

He had forgotten about the dream.

@,

Gladius just stood there holding her and letting her cry for a while, not knowing what else he could really do. He ran his hoof through her mane and nuzzled against her cheek in an attempt to comfort her.

"It's okay. Just let it all out. I know how much stress you have already on top of this. I'm not going to judge you, you deserve a chance to vent everything." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond nodded and let go of Gladius. "Th-thank you, Gladius." She said, sniffing and sitting down by the table and looking out the nearby window. She watched the ponies walk around on the street, enjoying their day, completely oblivious as to what had happened below the lake.

@,

Gladius eventually let her go and continued making haycakes. He soon finished and placed a plate of them in front of her before sitting down across from her with a plate of his own.

"There you go. They aren't great, but they're at least edible. Can I get you anything else?"

@,

Diamond shook her head and ate some of the haycakes that Gladius had just placed in front of her. "They're delicious." She said, taking another bite. She stared down at a small knot in the wood of the table and didn't take her eyes off it. She knew that today wouldn't be that enjoyable...but at least she got to be with Gladius.

@,

"They certainly don't compare to the food Sand made last night, but I'm glad you like them."

He ate in silence for a while, not really sure what to say.

"I, um... I'm going to have to take care of some stuff later today. I need to see if there are any new developments regarding the mystery griffon, and I want to talk to the Oracle about that... thing in the tunnel. You can come with me if you want, but you're welcome to stay here." 

Rose followed Ashwing but looked back and asked the others ¨are you guys coming or what, you know we are on a mission... Not sightseeing¨ Rose walked up to Ashwing and gave him an angry look because he made her wait, Cylio slowly wlaked up to the changeling they were going to be with and maybe will be the general ¨hey we should go right now right?¨