Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

Diamond looked up. "W-Would you mind if I were to come ? I don't really want t-to be left alone." She said, finishing her Haycakes and eating some of the eggs which also tasted delicious; just like the haycakes.

She finished the last bite of her food and quietly waited for an answer.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"Of course you can. I was hoping you would want to. With everything that's been going on lately, I don't really want to risk leaving your side. I couldn't bare it if something were to happen to you." 

He leaned across the table and nuzzled her cheek.

@,

Diamond smiled slightly as Gladius leaned across the table to nuzzle her. She nuzzled him back and stood up. She levitated her and Gladius's plate over to the sink (Water barrel ?) And started washing them up, she felt like she owed Gladius for everything he had helped her with.

@,

Gladius got up from the table and walked over to her.

"Well, if you're ready I think it's best if we start moving as soon as possible. The captain is probably expecting me to show up soon, since I normally arrive early. Also, I don't like the idea of just letting that thing in the tunnel go and possibly cause more problems later." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

((Are there any objections to a thunder storm rolling in over Rome ?))

Diamond nodded and levitated the dishes back to their proper places. "If there's something I can do to help guard...stuff, I would be happy to do so. I just cant take the stupid political stuff today." She said, making the last plate float into the cupboard then turning to look at Gladius.

Edited by Jolteon

@,

(I don't see why there would be any problem with a storm.)

"I understand. I don't think I could handle your job at all, certainly not after something like what happened earlier. Um... speaking of the guards and politics, our we officially... together now? I mean, your presence in the guard quarters is bound to raise some questions."

@,

"Well I am happy to say that we're together...I just don't want to go around saying that if you're not comfortable with it." She said, trying not to think about the thing when Gladius mentioned what had happened earlier that morning. "If you would prefer to keep it quiet...we could always say that I'm there doing business or something."

Edited by Jolteon

@@rolle,

Mariposa, the changeling in question, stopped short. "There is another changeling in the city," she said in a low voice. "I think, quite close as well and like us, disguised. It might be a good idea to find them, then we will be all the stronger in force."

Cicada was actually quite close, tho unaware of the fact that four of her countryponies were nearby. She didn't have the power that Mariposa had.

@,

"Well, I mean it's not about me, it's about you. You're the one who's reputation is at stake. I'm certainly not ashamed of you or anything like that. It's entirely up to you what you want to tell people. Although, if it were up to me, I think I'd say maybe we should wait a while for now."

@,

Diamond nodded. "If that's the case, lets just say that I am with you because...I was asked to by a few other senators. They said that they're worried the guards are taking their job lightly ? They want to make sure that the city is extra protected." She suggested, walking towards the door.

In the meantime............

Large black clouds began rolling towards Rome, after a few minutes it started to rain...a little at first but eventually it started pouring, and lightning flashed in the sky followed by the loud boom of thunder.

Out across the lake...if you looked very closely, a tall skinny figure could be seen standing by the shore...until, it began walking across the water, towards the city. It slowly faded every step it took, but it still felt like there was something there.

@,

"Alright, that sounds like a good plan"

No sooner had they he closed and locked the door behind them than a messenger ran up.

"Ah! You're Gladius, right?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Big news at the arena. The General is fighting Ripper in half an hour. I was sent to deliver these two tickets to you. The sender asked to remain anonymous, but he said it was very important that you were there."

Gladius nodded. "Thank you. You may go."

He turned to Diamond. "Well, it looks like I kind of have to go to this match. I know you're not a fan of the games, but do you mind going with me? I promise we can leave early if you want."

@,

Diamond opened her mouth about to say no...but she didn't want to leave Gladius so she reluctantly nodded. "Um...yea She said, as rain started to fall. "Lets hurry up though...this rain looks like its gonna get pretty bad."

In the forest just outside Rome, at the edge of the lake, the thing reappeared and slowly made its way towards Rome. It stopped at the edge of the forest and stared at the city, with its head tilted to the side.

@,

Gladius nodded and walked along quickly. He thought it was strange that the rain seemed to be coming down so hard all of a sudden. It hadn't been like this earlier.

"Thanks. For agreeing to come, I mean. I know you don't want to. I promise once everything is taken care of, we can spend the rest of the day doing whatever you want."

@,

"Its okay...but whoever wins I will be standing up to yell at him to let the loser live...no pony deserves to die...unless they did something unforgivable." She said. Her horn glowed for a moment and a small magical umbrella appeared above her and Gladius, keeping them both dry.

The dark figure began moving towards the city. Like before; he vanished.

@,

"I understand. That's part of what I like about you; you're very compassionate. Anyway, people don't die all that often anymore, the crowd lost the taste for it I guess. Of course, with Ripper, you never know. I just hope it doesn't come to that. If The General wins I'm sure he'll spare Ripper. But he's getting old, and I don't know if he's got enough left in him."

They arrived at the arena shortly. Gladius showed their tickets to the stallion at the entrance and he pointed them towards their seats. Gladius headed off in the direction he pointed, motioning for Diamond to follow.

@,

Diamond nodded and followed him through the arena. Several ponies knocked into her as there were large crowds trying to make their way into the fighting ring. Most ponies noticed her and whispered...all the higher up ponies sat away from the common public.

(Sorry Autumn I kinda want to get Scar in on this stuff)

Scar rolled his eyes at the pony and kicked him in the gut before walking back towards his room. On his way he got tapped on the back of the shoulder. He turned around and there stood one of the younger newer gladiators. "Um forgive me s-sir...I j-just thought you may want to kn-know that The Ripper and The General are g-going to fight. I was t-told to t-tell you." Scar nodded at the pony and knocked passed him, moving towards the fighting ring.

Edited by Jolteon

@,

Gladius kept  foreleg wrapped around her protectively and did his best to keep the crowds away from her. Eventually they made it to their seats and sat down.

"Again, I'm really sorry about this. But when you're one of the top ranked gladiators, it's pretty much mandatory for you to show up at big matches like this." 

@,

"Its okay. I understand." She said, ignoring the stares she got from the few ponies sitting next to her.

The Thing reappeared in a dark deserted alleyway, directly behind a young black earth pony with a gray mane. The Thing growled and the pony turned around. He opened his mouth about to scream, but the Thing was too quick, it touched the ponies head with its hoof and slowly the Thing moved into the pony. The ponies eyes changed from green to a bright red. He grinned and made his way out of the alley, through the rain, towards the arena.

(@pripyat pony)

Ashwing looked back at Mariposa ¨well we dont have much time so i wouldnt reccomend doing a treasure hunt or anything else but we will roll with that idea in this case¨ Rose sighed ¨but what if the guards catch us huh?¨ the other two stood silently thinking.

@,

Gladius scanned the crowd around them, and it was all he could do not to beat some sense into several stallions he saw staring lustfully at Diamond. He wrapped his foreleg around her and held her close, sending a clear message: she was taken. 

(I'm off to bed now)

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond hadn't noticed the stallions...she was too focused on a young black earth pony who had just entered the seating area across the fighting ring.

The pony stared straight at her with his piercing red eyes and grinned. He waved a hoof then disappeared with the crowd of ponies trying to find their seats.

@@rolle,

"It wouldn't be a treasure hunt, the changeling is right here, and if we don't go and get her, she'll disappear into the city," Mariposa said, impatiently. "Let me go; I can sense her presence and I don't want to lose her."

Glory sensed an evil presence within the city as she was tutoring Unholy; it wasn't a concrete feeling, more of a whisper from the goddess as a warning. She forced herself to carry on the instruction but when it was finished, she planned to renew the protective spell and ask the goddess for help.

Magnus finished his prayer and stood up, he turned around and was the oracle and what must be an apprentice, he did a small bow to them and left the temple, he headed to the registry for the trial match, he didn't mind the rain, it was rather refreshing, so he took his time

@,

"I wouldn't mind in the slightest," Glory said, kindly as she led Unholy towards the alter where the smaller statue stood. "One of the duties you can help me with is the offering to the goddess. Just take these cakes and this flask of wine and stand in front of the statue, while I make the intonation.

Unholy took the cakes and flask of wine and slowly moved forward until she was in front of the statue.

Scar stood up and moved to their table, expressionless...just like before. He walked up to the pony who hadn't said anything and grabbed him by the throat. He threw him to the ground then grabbed the pony that had spoke. He lifted him off his chair and stared into his eyes. Scar's face was still expressionless. He pulled the pony close and whispered. "She's sleeping. Don't. Mock Me." He said, letting the pony fall to the ground. He looked down at the pony as if he was staring down at a piece of dirt.

He had forgotten about the dream.

"you didn't deny that shes your girlfriend!" the two ponies chimed before getting up and running as fast as they could out of the cafeteria.

Fire Runner watched the two ponies run out of the cafeteria as she walked down the hall.

Edited by Autumn Dream

"you didn't deny that shes your girlfriend!" the two ponies chimed before getting up and running as fast as they could out of the cafeteria.     Fire Runner watched the two ponies run out of the cafeteria as she walked in. she walked over to Scar and asked; "what was that all about?"

"No worries, i'll find you two later." He called back after them before turning and almost walking right into Fire. "They were just mocking me. Talking about you and I. Anyway, The General and The Ripper are about to fight...wanna go watch ?" He asked, putting his foreleg around her.