Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

"No worries, i'll find you two later." He called back after them before turning and almost walking right into Fire. "They were just mocking me. Talking about you and I. Anyway, The General and The Ripper are about to fight...wanna go watch ?" He asked, putting his foreleg around her.

"oh? really?" she said nudging Scar.

Fire Runner cleared her throat then quickly switched subjects; "now that sounds like an amazing battle! yeah i want to go and watch!"

"wheres the best place we can watch this?" she asked, looking up at Scar, flashing him a light smile.

"oh? really?" she said nudging Scar.

Fire Runner cleared her throat then quickly switched subjects; "now that sounds like an amazing battle! yeah i want to go and watch!"

"wheres the best place we can watch this?" she asked, looking up at Scar, flashing him a light smile.

Scar rolled his eyes and led her down a hall. "Just down here. We have a special spot since we are part of the arena." He said, leading her past a group of ponies into an area on the same level as the fighting ring, directly below the rest of the seating. "See those stone walls ? They move across the opening into the arena if they are planning a water battle. That's when they flood the arena and ponies fight on boats."

@,

Thing wondered around the seating area until he found an empty seat right next to a gray mare with a red and yellow mane.

He grinned at her and sat down. "Well hello there sweetheart...having a nice day ?" He asked, giving her a charming smile then looking down at the empty fighting ring.

(OOC: Sorry bout that last post...I got a little carried away...)

Edited by Jolteon

@,

Gladius got settled in as the fighters were introduced. There was a huge roar of applause when the General was announced.

"I don't know if you remember everything I told you yesterday Diamond, but the General has been doing this for years, and he's a huge crowd favorite... well, obviously. I'm actually really worried about what will happen if he loses. Ripper isn't know for treating losers kindly, but if anything happens to the General... People won't be too happy about that."

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond nodded. "Yup. I remember. So why is it...The Ripper wears a......mask." Her eyes widened and she stared into the fighting ring, obviously realizing something...something important. "Um...Gladius...do you think maybe...well...the ripper, wearing a mask...the Griffin covered in scars you saw at the castle is there some so-" She was cut off as lightning flashed overhead followed by a loud crack of thunder almost instantly.

(edited)

@,

Gladius knew what she was trying to say before the thunder cut her off.

"I thought about it, but I highly doubt that he is. For one thing, he has no motive. Also, I don't think he would be that stupid. He's by far the most famous griffon in the city, he has to know people would suspect him. Besides that, the griffon in the palace spoke to me, and I've never heard the Ripper speak. Not once in the five years I've known him. Neither have any of the other gladiators for that matter. It's kind of his thing I guess. A lot of people have taken to thinking he must be some kind of mute. Anyway, I doubt it's him. But I guess it's always possible..."

(I'm off to bed)

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

@,

Diamond frowned. "Maybe he hasn't spoken for that reason...he never show's his face...he never speaks, he is an expert fighter...who would be able to take on multiple guards. All that is left is the motive. And maybe that's just what he wants everypony to think...he is fighting in the arena to make bits and also to lower the suspicion, because everypony probably assumes he wouldn't do it. I dunno...I don't like the sound of him."

((As am I))

Magnus noticed a few ponies heading to the Colosseum, apparently some big fight was going down, he decided to go check it out, the folks at the registry would understand, he half expected to see them in the stands, he walked in and sat in a seat, he didnt mind the rain as long as he had a good seat, he took his helmet off to get a better view, he saw a large griffon covered in armor **i wonder if this is the champion of this city**  

@,

Glory began the intonation, which greeted the goddess Vesta and spoke of the day's offerings being given to her. When it was finished, she said to Unholy, "The physical way we give the offering to the goddess is to put it in the fire. The fire is entirely magical, so anything put into it doesn't burn, just goes straight to the goddess."

Thing wondered around the seating area until he found an empty seat right next to a gray mare with a red and yellow mane. He grinned at her and sat down. "Well hello there sweetheart...having a nice day?" 

Vinyl glanced over at this new pony and gave a polite smile. "Umm.. Yes. Yes, I am. I trust you are doing well yourself, Mr. ... I'm sorry, I don't think I got your name."

((I'm baaAAck! Yeah, again, sorry about my leave of absence, but I had some personal matters to attend to.... Well, don't I sound a right bit too formal?))

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl glanced over at this new pony and gave a polite smile. "Umm.. Yes. Yes, I am. I trust you are doing well yourself, Mr. ... I'm sorry, I don't think I got your name."

((I'm baaAAck! Yeah, again, sorry about my leave of absence, but I had some personal matters to attend to.... Well, don't I sound a right bit too formal?))

He smiled. "Call me Croak." He said, giving the mare a charming smile. "So...you a fan of the Arena ? This...surprisingly is my first time seeing a mach here in Rome." He said, stretching and yawning then placing his foreleg on the back of the mare's chair...not touching her, but it was there...

"Well, it's nice to meet you Croak. I can't say I'm a fan of the arena, seeing as how I've never been here before. I only arrived here in Rome a few days ago. I didn't think I'd be coming to a gladiatorial battle, but since just about everyone in the city is here, it's not like I have much choice." She leaned forward in her seat just a bit to keep his hoof away from her

• Brohoof 1

@,

Thing grinned, he knew he had this one in the bag. "Is that so ? To be honest...so far all these crowds of ponies are kinda annoying me...why don't you and I go grab a drink at the bar, my treat ?" He asked, pulling his arm away noticing that this mare obviously wasn't into that kind of thing.

Thing grinned, he knew he had this one in the bag. "Is that so? To be honest...so far all these crowds of ponies are kinda annoying me...why don't you and I go grab a drink at the bar, my treat?" He asked, pulling his arm away noticing that this mare obviously wasn't into that kind of thing.

((In the bag, my arse ;)))

She smiled a bit awkwardly at him and sat back in her chair after he pulled his hoof away. "I'm sorry, no, I don't drink. Plus, I think I'm a bit young for you to be hitting on me. I'm nineteen and you look quite a bit older than that." She smirked at him and turned back to the center of the arena

@,

"Heh heh...that hurt. I'm twenty one." He said, looking back out at the arena. "Well...if you don't drink than what do you do ?" He asked, looking back at the mare, this time without the cocky charming smile. "If you don't mind me asking that is..." He sighed and looked back at the fighting ring for the second time

At last, the two fighters finally entered the ring to the roar of the crowd. The General flourished and played the crowd as was his custom, while Ripper just stood there, waiting for the fight to begin in earnest. Despite his posing for the crowd, if one looked closely they could see that he had the look of a tired old warrior about him, and he just might have had a slight hint of fear in his eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Vinyl looked back over at him and, as politely as possible, said, "I'm sorry, you're just not my type. Now stop trying." She watched as the two gladiators came out and diverted most of her attention to them, and almost completely ignored the stallion next to her.

@,

"Oh buck...I knew it. I'm sorry ma'am. I 'm going through some stuff right now and...well, lets just say its not that enjoyable. Sorry I bothered you." He said, inching away from the pony. If this mare didn't fall for this trick than he would just have to move on to the next pony.

(aaah srry)

Ashwing looked at this changeling ¨sure go, we could be waiting here or i would just show them the place while you are getting the other one¨ he began walking to the cliffs looking backwards ¨just remember that this is not a choice you make... This is something you live through¨

Mariposa nodded and went to the right, where she could sense that the other changeling was. She bumped into Cicada, who at first was frightened, but then calmed down as soon as Mariposa explained.

"We'd better go and catch up with the others," Mariposa said. "Ashwing wouldn't wait; typical of a stallion! They never seem to understand."

"Oh buck...I knew it. I'm sorry ma'am. I'm going through some stuff right now and...well, lets just say its not that enjoyable. Sorry I bothered you." He said, inching away from the pony. If this mare didn't fall for this trick than he would just have to move on to the next pony.

"It's alright." She put her hoof on his shoulder and looked over at him. "And I'm sorry you're going through whatever it is. We all go through tough times at some points in our life. Just keep your head up and try to move past it. You'll be fine, life goes on." She then turned her attention back to the arena

"It's alright." She put her hoof on his shoulder and looked over at him. "And I'm sorry you're going through whatever it is. We all go through tough times at some points in our life. Just keep your head up and try to move past it. You'll be fine, life goes on." She then turned her attention back to the arena

He nodded. "Yea...I suppose you're right. As my mother always used to say...sometimes life just sucks but it always passes." He said, sighing and sitting up. "Sorry for wasting your time. I just kinda like being able to talk to somepony who I don't really know...you know ?"

¨well we should go... Its her own buissness if she gets another changeling...¨ he said with the female changeling giving a weird  face ¨hey brashwing or whatev, we changelings dont leave another one behind, ya know¨  ¨noponies perfect.... Just the life is perfect for no-pony...¨ he said walking towards teh cliffs

((Chaotic and I discussed this in a PM...kinda))

@,

As Vinyl simply nodded Thing new that it wouldn't be able to trick this one into doing anything. So he stood up like nothing had happened and walked away.

He sat down a few row's down and could be seen chatting with another mare. The mare was blushing and constantly shuffling her hooves, obviously rather attracted to Thing's charm. After a few moments of this Thing stood up and made his way towards the exit...the mare following closely behind, but as he walked by the mare from before he gave her an evil grin and winked as he and the mare left.

All that went through Thing's mind was how hungry he was...and how he needed food NOW.

Scar rolled his eyes and led her down a hall. "Just down here. We have a special spot since we are part of the arena." He said, leading her past a group of ponies into an area on the same level as the fighting ring, directly below the rest of the seating. "See those stone walls ? They move across the opening into the arena if they are planning a water battle. That's when they flood the arena and ponies fight on boats."

Fire Followed him.

(OCC: has the battle started yet?)

@,

Glory began the intonation, which greeted the goddess Vesta and spoke of the day's offerings being given to her. When it was finished, she said to Unholy, "The physical way we give the offering to the goddess is to put it in the fire. The fire is entirely magical, so anything put into it doesn't burn, just goes straight to the goddess."

Unholy nodded to Glory. she lifted her hoof to feel which direction the fire is.

she placed the cakes and wine into the fire then trotted slowly back to her mentor Glory.

"is there anything else we need to get done?" she asked coolly.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Glory replied, "At the moment, no. Just the normal tidying and upkeep of the temple; changing the beds, dusting, that kind of thing. I need to renew the protection spell. Something came to me a moment ago; an intuition of some old evil which has recently come into the city."