Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

Vinyl watched the battle for several minutes and decided it wasn't her cup of tea. So she strolled out of the Colosseum and back toward the temple. When she walked in, she saw the priestess and Unholy cleaning up the temple. "Is there anything I can do to help out around here," she asked Glory

Thing led the mare out of the arena. He stopped just outside the doors and stared into her eyes. His eyes flashed once and she fainted.

He chuckled and tossed her over his back as he slowly made his way towards the lake.

@,

(OOC: I think we're all waiting on Alex.)

Scar sat down and patted the seat next to him for Fire. "It should be starting soon."

• Brohoof 1

Glory turned to Vinyl as she came into the room. "You could help Unholy to clean and make the beds in the dormitory, please," she asked politely. "I just need to renew the protection spell."

The pegacorn trotted into the main part of the temple and stood before the statue of the goddess on the alter as she began the spell, her horn glowing with magic.

@

Vinyl turned to Unholy and smiled. "Alright. Well, lets get to it." They walked into the dormitory and started cleaning. For a while, it was quiet. Of course, that was only until Vinyl piped up. "So Unholy, why don't we get to know each other while we're here? What's your story? How'd you wind up here?"

(I was waiting to make sure The Thing didn't do anything that would disrupt the fight or something.) 

The General turned to Ripper and the two just seemed to stare each other down for a while, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Eventually The General charged forward while Ripper just stood there and watched him approach. As soon as he was within arms reach, Ripper reached out and grabbed him by the throat with lightning reflexes, tossing him to the ground before he could react. Ripper then flew into the air and dive bombed him, but The General rolled out of the way just in time. The two clashed for what seemed like an eternity, but slowly The General grew tired and weak. Ripper body slammed him and pinned him to the ground. Slowly he raised his talon into the air, preparing for the finishing blow.

Magnus watched with great interest, after all, this would be his competition in the future, he watched each of their fighting styles, making notes, the battle was long but finally one pinned the other and was preparing for the end blow, he watched carefully, interested in the outcome

@,

Diamond would constantly look away from the battle, not enjoying herself at all. But at the end, as the Ripper pulled his talon high into the air, Diamond covered her eyes with her hooves, not wanting to watch what would happen next...

Thing happily carried the mare to the lake. He took her deep into the forest and placed her down next to a tree...that's when her eyes opened...but nothing else moved, it was just her eyes, looking around frantically for help.

Thing burst out laughing. "THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE...HAHAHAHA...its just so blank." He chuckled one last time before moving from the colts body.

The now empty corpse of the black colt fell to the ground and slowly his skin, fur, eyes, everything except his bones withered away. And there he lay, a skeleton that looked as if it had been there for years.

Thing was now in its normal form, tall, black, blank face...until its eyes went red and it formed into a large puff of smoke. It entered the mare's body and if you looked closely...the life from her eyes disappeared...only to be replaced with darkness...then...they went red and she grinned. "Oh this is much better than that stupid colt." She said, looking herself over and spreading her wings. She chuckled and made her way back towards the city.

@,

Glory replied, "At the moment, no. Just the normal tidying and upkeep of the temple; changing the beds, dusting, that kind of thing. I need to renew the protection spell. Something came to me a moment ago; an intuition of some old evil which has recently come into the city."

@,

Unholy was in the sleeping area changing the beds' sheets.

she placed the dirty linens into a pile by the door.

Thing led the mare out of the arena. He stopped just outside the doors and stared into her eyes. His eyes flashed once and she fainted.

He chuckled and tossed her over his back as he slowly made his way towards the lake.

@,

Scar sat down and patted the seat next to him for Fire. "It should be starting soon."

Fire looked at Scar and flashed him a friendly smile.

"im really excited to watch this battle, i haven't seen a good battle in years." Fire Runner said.

Glory felt the magic of the spell flow out to the walls of the temple, permeating them with protection. "Oh Goddess," she murmured. "Please give me the strength to protect this temple from evil."

The pegacorn heard, almost as tho the goddess had whispered in her ear, confirmation and agreement. She finished the spell and stepped away from the alter, satisfied that the temple at least was safe.

Fire looked at Scar and flashed him a friendly smile. "im really excited to watch this battle, i haven't seen a good battle in years." Fire Runner said.

Scar chuckled at her excitement. "I'm sure it will be nice. The Ripper is nothing compared to The General." He said, as the two began to fight.

After a while the fight was about to end, The Ripper had his claw high up above the General, getting ready to strike.

@@Pripyat Pony,

On her way back into the City, Thing walked passed the temple. She stopped and stared at it for a moment, then made her way towards it. She stood a foot away from the magical barrier and tapped on it with her hoof...it didn't let her in. "DING DONG." She called. tapping on it for the second time.

Glory heard the sound, and stiffened. Again, as tho whispered in her ear, she instinctively knew from the goddess that at the door was the evil that had come into the city. "Goddess, give me the strength to fend off this threat," she murmured as she went to the door of the temple to confront what was there.

• Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony,

Thing grinned as Glory made her way out of the temple. "You must be the priestess...so please explain this barrier...something to keep out evil huh ?" She said, tapping her hoof against the barrier. "I just thought I would pop by and say...hello." She said, giving Glory an evil grin.

The Oracle stood her ground. "That's right," she replied. "Nothing evil is permitted to enter the temple, the abode of the Goddess. I will have to ask you to leave here. If you refuse, then I will have no choice but to make sure that you do."

Glory didn't want to overplay her hand just yet. This creature didn't have to know about the inner strength that Glory got straight from Vesta.

The Oracle stood her ground. "That's right," she replied. "Nothing evil is permitted to enter the temple, the abode of the Goddess. I will have to ask you to leave here. If you refuse, then I will have no choice but to make sure that you do."

Glory didn't want to overplay her hand just yet. This creature didn't have to know about the inner strength that Glory got straight from Vesta.

Thing laughed. "I have no idea how powerful you actually are...but even the most powerful ponies couldn't kill me." She said, grinning. "I will leave now...but I will be coming back. And this barrier, needs some rethinking. I can easily destroy it." She gave Glory one last grin and she walked away...but before she left, her eyes flashed a bright red. She winked at Glory then made her way towards the lake.

The rain was beginning to clear up.

After sweeping and otherwise cleaning the dormitory and still getting no response from Unholy, Vinyl went out to the main room of the temple and approached the oracle. "Oracle, is there anything else I can do for you? The dormitory is cleaned and finished."

¨well you three you come or leave to die thats the choice¨ Ashwing angrily said to the other three changelings that were in his team now ¨fine¨ Infligh said (not female XD) rose stomped the ground impatiently ¨well are we going or not... Even if i dont like leaving  someone behind, we have orders so just get it over with¨ ¨there see now smile¨ he said grinning and walking away to the cliffs with the two following close behind.

"UGH!!" Ari left his uncle's house in a huff.  He was going to miss today's games at this rate, but even the gods couldn't stop one of Uncle Virtus' lectures. "A good Roman pegasus blah, blah, BLAH!  SO BORING!!"

Ari hadn't had time to meet very many ponies in Rome since his arrival.  Although he felt a bit lost, he managed to make his way down to the Forum.  Some fat unicorn standing at the rostra was droning something about the latest news but Ari couldn't hear him over the sights, sounds and smells of ponies of all kinds buzzing around and swapping coin.

Slaves argued with stall vendors over the price of their masters' goods.  Merchants argued with suppliers over their deliveries.  A pegasus fumbled with a chisel accidentally writing a name backwards on a marble arch, garnering severe criticism from a foreman on the ground.

This was better than Ari expected.  Such a crowd, even while a fight was taking place in the Colosseum!  He couldn't keep his wings folded in his excitement! 

"This is Rome!!  It's so much more than I imagined!  I'm never going back to Leptis!!" Barely holding back a girlish squeal of delight, Ari trotted into a back alley, determined to take the longest route to the Colosseum he possibly could.

After sweeping and otherwise cleaning the dormitory and still getting no response from Unholy, Vinyl went out to the main room of the temple and approached the oracle. "Oracle, is there anything else I can do for you? The dormitory is cleaned and finished."

Glory took a few moments to steady herself, as she looked in the direction of the disappearing Thing. At least the creature didn't seem to realise that, with the goddess herself protecting the temple, it wasn't as vulnerable as it seemed to think. "Nothing to do for the moment," Glory replied to Vinyl. "But I may have to ask you and the others to do various errands later. There is an ancient evil walking the streets of Rome and I must remain here at all times to guard the temple. If it gets really bad, I will have to do something very serious, which I have never have had to resort to before."

Glory gulped and cleared her throat. "I will have to summon the goddess in person." She did have the power, as priestess of the temple, to do such a thing but in her lifetime it had never once had been done. She felt nervous at the very thought.

@@rolle,

Mariposa was saddened by what Ashwing said; she and Cicada both. Without a word, both changelings decided to go off by themselves. After talking to Cicada in any case, Mariposa felt that she didn't want to fight the ponies. Instead they walked off and vanished into the crowd.

Glory took a few moments to steady herself, as she looked in the direction of the disappearing Thing. At least the creature didn't seem to realise that, with the goddess herself protecting the temple, it wasn't as vulnerable as it seemed to think. "Nothing to do for the moment," Glory replied to Vinyl. "But I may have to ask you and the others to do various errands later. There is an ancient evil walking the streets of Rome and I must remain here at all times to guard the temple. If it gets really bad, I will have to do something very serious, which I have never have had to resort to before."

Glory gulped and cleared her throat. "I will have to summon the goddess in person." She did have the power, as priestess of the temple, to do such a thing but in her lifetime it had never once had been done. She felt nervous at the very thought.

"I will help in any way I can. And don't worry, oracle. If it gets to that point, I know Jupiter, Vesta, and all the other gods and goddesses will be on our side. With them, what do we have to fear?" She smiled and put a hoof on Glory's shoulder. "I am going to go meditate. If you need me, I'll be in the main room, in front of the statue of Vesta." With that, she left for the main room

Edited by ~Chaotic Overlord~

Glory felt comforted by Vinyl's words. "Thank you for your kind thoughts," she replied. "I will come and get you if I need you to do anything for me. I must go and read the spell to summon Vesta, just in case we need it."

The spell was a complex one, but would summon the goddess in pony form to protect the temple if needed.

• Brohoof 1

As Ripper raised his arm in preparation for the killing blow, a deafening roar rose amongst from the crowd, demanding that The General be spared. But Ripper didn't care, in fact, he didn't even seem to notice. As his talon came down, Gladius said a small prayer for The General's soul from his place in the stands. The talon struck home and slit the stallions throat.

The fight was over, but the crowd was far from satisfied. Many began screaming for vengeance, but the law never touched the games. Justice would have to come from within the walls of the Colosseum, leaving the burden of revenge in the hooves of one stallion.  Gladius had hoped to avoid this, but the crowd would riot unless he did something. Slowly he stood up and addressed the crowd.

"That's enough! This must be done properly, and that means another fight in the arena. Tomorrow at noon, I will fight Ripper to the death. Either I will avenge the brave fighter who died here today, or I will die trying.

@,

Diamond heard the horrifying noise that the Ripper's talons made as they moved through the General's neck.

She winced but didn't look...until she heard Gladius say that he would fight the ripper. She instantly stood up and stared right at him. "NO." She yelled...so much for keeping things discrete...

@,

Gladius didn't back down an inch. Instead, he looked her straight in the eye. He kept his voice level, but there was an unmistakable fire in his eyes.

"Madame Senator, I will gladly acknowledge that in matters of government, economics, the law, or anything to do with this city, or, for that matter, life in general, you're my superior, and I will defer to your judgement on nearly anything. But in the arena, I can trust only myself to guide my actions, and I know what must be done. I'm eternally sorry for saying this, but you have no power here. I have to do this, not for myself, not even for the memory of an old friend, but for the sake of the city. If I don't do this, many will die trying to get to Ripper, and I can't allow that. I told you I would have to fight him one day, and I guess that day came sooner than I had expected. There is nothing you can do to change my mind, and I will not let you stop me. Tomorrow, we will fight, and if the gods decide it is to be my fate, I'll die. That's the way it has to be."

Magnus watched as the griffon gladiator killed his opponent,, he then took note of gladius who had called out the griffon for a fight to the death, this was one fight he couldnt miss,the winner of tommarows match would be his opponent later down the line, while the crowd was still in shock and awe from everything magnus sneaked out and headed to the registry, so he could officially get in the games

@,

((I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE))

Diamond stared at him...a few tears made their way down her cheek then she turned and walked out...not saying another word.

Several ponies stared at her as she went.

Thing made her way back to the lake. The sun was beginning to come out as she slowly stepped into the water and disappeared.