Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

(sure go ahead)

he made contact with the other pony  slamming into him with his sheild, knocking him back and stunning him, he swung around, slashing him with the spear tip, he continued the spin kicking the pony in the face "now before i kill you, who are you? and why did you attack?" he finished the spin slashing the pony with the other side of the spear

¨hehehe¨ he chuckled as blood ran down his mouth ¨me die? You are gravely mistaken and in my trap already¨ he said as fire appeard infront of him staging up to him rather fast but slower than the one who cast it 'this will take much of me but it have to do' he quickly moved up in the air concentrating on switching sword to earth and sound (he can hear better and get only 70% damage of what anything would do)

@@Stratos, @,

Cicada kept her cool when the griffin challenged them; she knew as well as Mariposa that they must not be discovered for the griffin would surely kill them both if he knew. She stood up straight, standing next to Mariposa and trying to act as Ari had described them. Mariposa looked with interest at the griffin; she had never seen one before and wondered if he was a great fighter.

@@rolle,

Chicane had fought the guards when Ashwing had given the order to attack, he had quickly brought one down but when Magnus had taken down Ashwing, Chicane had hesitated long enough for the other to give him a blow on the side of the head which dropped him in an instant, awake but dizzy from the blow.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"I understand, but you do have to realize that if you ever need the skills I'm teaching you, only blocking won't be enough. Eventually you'll have to fight back. Anyway, the key with blocking is that you have to step towards your opponent and move your blade forward to meet the incoming attack. Simply holding out your sword and letting it absorb the blow is far less effective, not to mention that the shock carries from the sword into your hoof and it can be painful."He went through the motions a few times to give her an idea."Also, ideally you should angle your blade so that it's perpendicular to theirs and try to block with the center of the blade."

Magnus raised his sheild to protect himself from the flames, he took a few steps back, taking stabs trough the flames with the spear, he took off and flew up a bit, he flew back from the fire and lands, he readies him self for anything "who are you and why are you doing this?"

@, @Pripyat Pony,

Ari stood rooted to the spot for a second or two before remembering himself.  Griffons hate weakness and hesitation!  Even if this isn't the guy, he's obviously a gladiator and in a bad mood.  Think of something, idiot!

"I was just, ah..." Ari remembered the mares behind him, "I was just giving the tour!  These fillies are the daughters of the governor of Thracia, you see, and I am tasked with fulfilling their every wish." Ari hoped the ruse was working.  He didn't like the idea of looking foalish in front of mares and really didn't want to end up with those gnarly claws in his neck.

"Care to introduce yourself to us, O brave and mighty warrior?"

@@Stratos, @,

Cicada kept her cool when the griffin challenged them; she knew as well as Mariposa that they must not be discovered for the griffin would surely kill them both if he knew. She stood up straight, standing next to Mariposa and trying to act as Ari had described them. Mariposa looked with interest at the griffin; she had never seen one before and wondered if he was a great fighter.

@@rolle,

Chicane had fought the guards when Ashwing had given the order to attack, he had quickly brought one down but when Magnus had taken down Ashwing, Chicane had hesitated long enough for the other to give him a blow on the side of the head which dropped him in an instant, awake but dizzy from the blow.

Scar raised an eyebrow. "White Scar. This is off limits to anypony who isn't part of the Arena. Leave." He said, giving the ponies one last suspicious stare before walking down the hall.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"I understand, but you do have to realize that if you ever need the skills I'm teaching you, only blocking won't be enough. Eventually you'll have to fight back. Anyway, the key with blocking is that you have to step towards your opponent and move your blade forward to meet the incoming attack. Simply holding out your sword and letting it absorb the blow is far less effective, not to mention that the shock carries from the sword into your hoof and it can be painful."He went through the motions a few times to give her an idea."Also, ideally you should angle your blade so that it's perpendicular to theirs and try to block with the center of the blade."

Diamond nodded and did her best to copy Gladius's moves. "So when is the fight between you the other griffin and the Ripper ?" She asked.

@,

Gladius set his sword down and leaned against the wall, figuring they had done enough to earn a small break from training.

"It's going to be at noon tomorrow. Are you going to be there? I would understand if it's too much for you. I know you're still worried about me."

@@Pripyat Pony, @,

Ari breathed a sigh of relief.  Just being in Scar's presence was terrifying.  Although he was relived that the griffon had left without inflicting violence, he had a twinge of regret.

"We might have been able to help each other with something," he said with a frown.  "Oh, well."  He kept looking at Scar's tail end to make sure he was leaving.

"Well, ladies.  I do believe we just met a gladiator.  It's probably time for us to go now before he checks back and decides we look tasty.  Anypony know where we can get some hay fries?"

@@Stratos,

Cicada spoke up. "There's the marketplace just on the other side of the Colluseum," she said. Mariposa stayed quiet; she didn't want to give away the fact that she didn't know her way around the city. Cicada continued. "We could get some food there, but I'm afraid that my sister and I don't have any bits."

Glory took a break from her reading up of the spell to go to Vinyl with a list of food items that the temple needed.

"I am sorry to ask you to do this," she said to the unicorn, "But food stocks are running low and while I must remain inside the temple in case the evil creature returns I would be grateful if you could go to the market for me. I must continue to read the spell to summon the goddess."

Glory broke Vinyl's concentration and she fell from her meditative hover. "Ah!" She looked up at the priestess from the floor, her mane covering half of her face. She blew the hair out of her face and responded, "Yes, Oracle. I'll get right to it." She took the list, got up from the floor, and headed out to the marketplace.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"Don't worry about it!" Ari laughed. "Let's just get out of here before somepony else thinks about killing us.  Lead the way Cicely."  Ari gave her a genuine smile.  He doubted a lack of money ever stopped these two, they seemed to know how to think on their hooves like him.  The way they acted while he was lying to Scar...  It's like they took on the air of royalty and made what he was saying true, as he was saying it.  They were clearly very clever ponies.  Ari decided he would apologize for the botched adventure over dinner.

¨i guess i need to use that¨ he quickly moved to behind his opponent even though at half speed he was pretty fast, when he was behind he quickly used the lightning blade to create a lightning and threw 3 blades from 3 directions at him 'i hope he cant dodge this'

@@Stratos,

Cicada smiled at Ari, then she set off for the marketplace, with Mariposa following. Mariposa was starting to relax; nothing had attacked them yet and nopony seemed to be guessing their secret. She was glad that she'd broken away from the other changelings and thrown her lot in with Cicada.

Magnus got slashed by one of the blades "AAAHHHHH! BASTARD!" he spun around and raised his sheild he charged twoards his opponet he planned to impale him with the spear, which he would take great pleasure in doing, he was irritated now he had every intention of killing him

Glory felt bad for disturbing Vinyl, but food stocks were running low in the temple and the way things were at the moment, the Oracle felt that she could not risk leaving the temple unguarded. Glory's protection spell would warn her if any attempt was made to breach it, whether from the evil creature or from any pony with evil in their heart. This was useful as she knew that she would have to sleep and eat sometime.

@@Alex Kennedy,

((I NEED TO STOP ASSUMING I HAVE REPLIED TO THESE AAAAH))

Diamond set her sword next to Gladius's and thought for a moment. "I could barely watch that battle today...so if there is one that you are in, I will probably faint...I will be in the arena...but I cant watch...unless you want moral support...in which case I will watch." She said.

@,

Scar turned a corner and walked straight into Fire...but he caught her before she could fall. "Sorry." He muttered. His voice sounded a little happier that he was with her...but it still sounded very angry.

((I NEED TO STOP ASSUMING I HAVE REPLIED TO THESE AAAAH))

(Yeah, then assume you responded after a while and feel like a jerk for not following up sooner. Or something.)

Gladius nodded. He had expected that.

"I understand completely. I'm not going to make you watch. You just do whatever feels right; I'm sure I'll be fine. Now... do you want to keep training, or should we do something else."

• Brohoof 1

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond shrugged. "I am up for anything, just as long as we are together." She said, smiling...but a few moments later she blushed. "That sounded really cheesy." She giggled and moved a little closer to him. "We could go get some food...or go to the park...or..." She moved closer and closer...then kissed him.

Vedana nod his head, understanding what she meant. "I see, but do not fret from me, you shall not have a bad time with me...I'll have to talk to the Emperor based on the discrimination complaints I have been receiving. Anyway consider me a friend in these dark times." The blind advisor said, comforting Unholy with his calm words.

Unholy blushed a bit and desperately tried to flip her hair out of her face.

"s-so... a-are you h-hungry?" she asked, her face growing more red.

Scar turned a corner and walked straight into Fire...but he caught her before she could fall. "Sorry." He muttered. His voice sounded a little happier that he was with her...but it still sounded very angry.

Fire looked up into Scar's eyes and frowned.

"whats wrong Scar?" she asked, a concerned look was now plastered on her face.

@,

Gladius blushed fiercely, but that certainly didn't mean he hadn't enjoyed it.

"Yeah, I guess we could do that, couldn't we?" 

He still hadn't fully come to terms with the fact that he was doing such... uncouth things with the honored senator, and even more so in regards to some of the rather... impure thoughts he'd been having about her, but at the moment, he didn't much care. He wrapped his forelegs around her and kissed her back.

@,

Gladius blushed fiercely, but that certainly didn't mean he hadn't enjoyed it.

"Yeah, I guess we could do that, couldn't we?" 

He still hadn't fully come to terms with the fact that he was doing such... uncouth things with the honored senator, and even more so in regards to some of the rather... impure thoughts he'd been having about her, but at the moment, he didn't much care. He wrapped his forelegs around her and kissed her back.

Diamond hummed slightly and broke the kiss...but she left her forelegs around his neck. "You're wonderful." She said, nuzzling his chin.

Fire looked up into Scar's eyes and frowned. "whats wrong Scar?" she asked, a concerned look was now plastered on her face.

Scar sighed. "After the fight...everypony doesn't like us griffins...there were a few who didn't like us before but now ? Even a few of my fans gave me hateful looks...UGH." He rubbed his forehead and let out another annoyed sigh.

@

Gladius smiled as it struck him again just how extraordinarily lucky he was to be with a mare as amazing as Diamond.

"No, if anyone's wonderful, it's you. I don't know how I could possibly deserve somepony like you."

He nuzzled her back and gently stroked her mane.

Scar sighed. "After the fight...everypony doesn't like us griffins...there were a few who didn't like us before but now ? Even a few of my fans gave me hateful looks...UGH." He rubbed his forehead and let out another annoyed sigh.

"Don't you fret Scar, this will all die down in a few days... but i need to say something..." Fire said with a pause.

she looked at Scar dead in the eyes, fire flickered across her feathers as she tried to calm her rage.

"when were you going to tell me you are going to fight The Ripper?" she asked, trying not to snap at him, but she did snap anyways.

After an uneventful trip to the marketplace, Vinyl came back to the temple, levitating all of the food and other goods behind her. "Glory? I'm back with the food you asked for. I gotta say, that errand was surprisingly uneventful. Usually I'll run into at least one pony along the way, but not this time." She put the food into storage and went to the dormitory to rest. She laid on her bed and closed her eyes, eventually drifting off to sleep

@

Gladius smiled as it struck him again just how extraordinarily lucky he was to be with a mare as amazing as Diamond.

"No, if anyone's wonderful, it's you. I don't know how I could possibly deserve somepony like you."

He nuzzled her back and gently stroked her mane.

Diamond smiled and hugged him so they were both close.

She sighed and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Don't you fret Scar, this will all die down in a few days... but i need to say something..." Fire said with a pause.

she looked at Scar dead in the eyes, fire flickered across her feathers as she tried to calm her rage.

"when were you going to tell me you are going to fight The Ripper?" she asked, trying not to snap at him, but she did snap anyways.

Scar raised an eyebrow. "Holy buck news travels fast around here...and considering this is the first time we have actually seen each other since I talked to the Ripper about fighting him alongside Gladius...I was going to tell you right now." He said.