Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@,

Chicane was utterly lost. He couldn't see any of the other changelings no matter how hard he looked. He feared being caught by the guards, who were probably chasing after him. He was bleeding from a gash accross his brow, and the blood dripped into his eyes as he ran, mixing with sweat and further blinding him. Chicane was sure that somepony would catch him sooner or later; he was too hurt to disguise himself effectively and his real visage flickered in and out of view. Eventually, he bumped into a unicorn mare with a red and yellow mane which checked his headlong rush. Chicane fell to the ground, thinking that it was now all over

@,

Gladius sighed. "You can't humor me this one time? It's an honor thing, I feel like I'm not doing what I'm supposed to." Then he heard her comment about not being able to mess around. "Yeah, I can understand that. You have so much pressure on you all the time. I don't think I could handle it if I were in your place."

Diamond shook her head. "Nope. I insist." She said, stubbornly. "Its a tough job but being a gladiator would probably be more difficult...physically...and mentally in some ways I suppose." She said.

"Don't ruffle your feathers about it, I promise I won't get crumbs in your feathers." Fire Runner told Scar before taking a bite of her pizza.

"mmmm... this is really good pizza." Fire mumbled through a mouth full of pizza.

she quickly finished her slice and checked to see is there was any crumbs in Scar's feathers.

Scar jokingly ruffled his feathers but stopped and chuckled. "You don't need to go searching. I was just saying try not to eat like a mad dog or something." He said.

@,

(Sorry about not responding for ten hours. Fridays are really weird for me.)

"Being a gladiator isn't really that bad once you get used to it. It's all in the way you look at it: we see death in the ring as a kind of glory worth aspiring to. Not as good as winning, of course, but noble if handled with honor." 

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond raised an eyebrow. "Okay...I can see where you are coming from and what you mean by it...but its still death. I know there is no way I could be a gladiator. I know how to use magic and I know one or two spells for defense and maybe the same for attack...but I am really not that skilled at it."

@,

"And I'm really not that skilled at politics. At the end of the day, it comes down to the simple fact that if I mess up, it's one pony dying, but if you mess up, the whole city suffers for it. But this is a rather pointless debate, is it not? Lets just agree that we both respect each other for our chosen vocations."

@@Alex Kennedy,

Diamond rolled her eyes but nodded. "But if I mess up I have lots of time ti fix it...usually. If you mess up than...its not good. But you're right...we gotta stop bickering over nothing.She said, looking around. "So um...where is this bakery ?" She asked, glancing back down the road then at Gladius. 

((Let me know when the sun start's to set if that's okay...))

@,

Gladius had been so caught up in the conversation that he had pretty much forgotten about where they were going.

"Oh! Yeah, it's just down this way."

In a few minutes they had arrived at the bakery.

"Well, here we are. After you." He said, holding the door open for her.

Magnus sighed as his attacker flew off, he would need some medical attention, he  walked out of the Colosseum and headed to the temple, he would need to clean his weapon and take care of his wounds, he hated that some pony was able to get the jump on him like that

(edited)

Chicane was utterly lost. He couldn't see any of the other changelings no matter how hard he looked. He feared being caught by the guards, who were probably chasing after him. He was bleeding from a gash accross his brow, and the blood dripped into his eyes as he ran, mixing with sweat and further blinding him. Chicane was sure that somepony would catch him sooner or later; he was too hurt to disguise himself effectively and his real visage flickered in and out of view. Eventually, he bumped into a unicorn mare with a red and yellow mane which checked his headlong rush. Chicane fell to the ground, thinking that it was now all over

@Alex Kennedy

Vinyl was knocked over and, as she got back to her feet, she noticed the changeling flickering in and out of his disguise. "Ah! You're a- you're a- you're a changeling! Ahh! Guards! Help!" She panicked and backed up to the steps of a nearby shop, calling for the guards and screaming the whole time.

Edited by ~Chaotic Overlord~

@

Gladius heard somepony screaming for the guards nearby. "Sorry Diamond, but it looks like duty calls." Without waiting for her to respond, he took off in the direction of the screaming.

@

He followed the screaming until he found the source, a panic-stricken mare.

"It's alright, I'm with the guard. What exactly is going on here?"

Scar jokingly ruffled his feathers but stopped and chuckled. "You don't need to go searching. I was just saying try not to eat like a mad dog or something." He said.

"I just want to make sure your feathers are nice and clean before we get back to the palace." Fire said, brushing some crumbs out of his feathers.

"by the  way, what time are you training with Gladius?" Fire Runner asked Scar.

she flicked her tail back and forth as she waited for an answer.

Vinyl ran and hid behind Gladius, then outstretched her hoof, pointing to the changeling bleeding on the ground in front of her. "He- he- he's a changeling. He was running and bleeding and he ran into me and- Please get him away before he hurts me." She was almost to the point of tears

"I just want to make sure your feathers are nice and clean before we get back to the palace." Fire said, brushing some crumbs out of his feathers.

"by the  way, what time are you training with Gladius?" Fire Runner asked Scar.

she flicked her tail back and forth as she waited for an answer.

@

Gladius heard somepony screaming for the guards nearby. "Sorry Diamond, but it looks like duty calls." Without waiting for her to respond, he took off in the direction of the screaming.

@

Diamond sighed and spread her wings. She took off into the air and followed above Gladius. She landed just behind him and the mare.

She looked at the bloody changeling then walked over to the crying mare. She put a hoof on the mare's shoulder. "Its okay sweetie, everything is going to be okay. Gladius...should I call for more guards ?" She asked, looking at Gladius...then the changeling.

Scar glanced up at Fire. "The palace ? Who said anything about the palace ? We're meeting Gladius at the arena...soon I ho-" ​He was cut off as he heard somepony scream. "Hold On." He said to Fire, Spreading his wings and flying into the air.

@@Pripyat Pony@,

Gladius stared at the changeling. It seemed to be pretty badly injured.

"On the one hand, I'm technically supposed to kill you, simply for being what you are. On the other hand, you're bleeding pretty badly, and I feel to see how you're much of a threat to the ponies of Rome in your current condition. What am I going to do with you?"

@,

Gladius glanced back at Diamond and then returned his attention to the wounded changeling. "Don't bother with that. I don't think it's really very dangerous in this state. But maybe you can help me figure out how to deal with it. What do you think we should do?

Diamond sighed and spread her wings. She took off into the air and followed above Gladius. She landed just behind him and the mare.

She looked at the bloody changeling then walked over to the crying mare. She put a hoof on the mare's shoulder. "Its okay sweetie, everything is going to be okay. Gladius...should I call for more guards ?" She asked, looking at Gladius...then the changeling.

Scar glanced up at Fire. "The palace ? Who said anything about the palace ? We're meeting Gladius at the arena...soon I ho-"  He was cut off as he heard somepony scream. "Hold On." He said to Fire, Spreading his wings and flying into the air.

Fire clung onto Scar's back then the sudden realization that she could fly herself.

Fire jumped off of Scar's back, did a flip in the air, then went to join Scar by his side.

"Look over there!" Fire called to him as she pointed to a group of ponies and a changeling.

• Brohoof 1

Fire clung onto Scar's back then the sudden realization that she could fly herself.

Fire jumped off of Scar's back, did a flip in the air, then went to join Scar by his side.

"Look over there!" Fire called to him as she pointed to a group of ponies and a changeling.

@@Pripyat Pony@,

Gladius stared at the changeling. It seemed to be pretty badly injured.

"On the one hand, I'm technically supposed to kill you, simply for being what you are. On the other hand, you're bleeding pretty badly, and I feel to see how you're much of a threat to the ponies of Rome in your current condition. What am I going to do with you?"

@,

Gladius glanced back at Diamond and then returned his attention to the wounded changeling. "Don't bother with that. I don't think it's really very dangerous in this state. But maybe you can help me figure out how to deal with it. What do you think we should do?

Diamond stared at the changeling. "We...I...we should take it to the prison cell's and find out whether it was planning something...or if it is just here after the attack." She said, looking at the changeling. Most would think Diamond would give the changeling a disgusted look...but instead she wore one of concern...changelings were evil creatures, that much is true...but that couldn't stop Diamond from being her usual self...she felt concerned for the changeling.

Scar nodded and landed a few feet away from Gladius. "Good afternoon Gladius, Senator." He said, nodding at the two, not noticing the mare hiding behind Gladius.

He turned to look at the changeling and rolled his eyes. "Bucking thing must have been hiding since the war." He said.

@,

Gladius nodded and resumed the formal tone of a guard now that more people were around. He gave a distracted wave of acknowledgement towards Scar before speaking.

"As you wish, honored senator. It shall be done. Should we not provide medical treatment for it first, though? It seems to be pretty badly injured and if it dies we're left with a mystery that could prove dangerous to the empire." 

Chicane lay gasping on the ground. His disguise flickered away for good now, and he was left in his ordinary shape. Besides the gash on his brow, he was wounded in the side. His eyes shot to and fro between the ponies standing over him, and he wondered why they weren't just killing him on the spot.

Chicane lay gasping on the ground. His disguise flickered away for good now, and he was left in his ordinary shape. Besides the gash on his brow, he was wounded in the side. His eyes shot to and fro between the ponies standing over him, and he wondered why they weren't just killing him on the spot.

@,

Gladius nodded and resumed the formal tone of a guard now that more people were around. He gave a distracted wave of acknowledgement towards Scar before speaking.

"As you wish, honored senator. It shall be done. Should we not provide medical treatment for it first, though? It seems to be pretty badly injured and if it dies we're left with a mystery that could prove dangerous to the empire." 

Diamond nodded at Gladius. "Yes...he needs help." She said.

Scar raised an eyebrow. "Gladius...you seem to be forgetting that I am a guard as well as you." He said, moving towards the changeling.

He leaned down close and grinned. "You can fight and die...or you can come quietly and we will get somepony to fix you up." He said, standing up and taking a few steps back. "So what'll it be ?"

Chicane fought for breath before he answered. "And if I let you take me away," he gasped out, "Will you not just torture me later on, before you put me to death in front of all of Rome? What would be a better option, can you tell me that? Then I will decide."

The changeling didn't want to die, but he had been told like all the changelings that the ponies always treated changeling prisoners badly; first torture, then a public execution.

Magnus returned  to the temple and walked into the room he was staying in he took off his armor and laid down, he thought about the attack, he didnt really get a good look at his attacker, mainly because he had to use his shield a lot, why would some random pony challenge him to a fight like that, he thought for a moment, then got an idea for a weapon

Chicane fought for breath before he answered. "And if I let you take me away," he gasped out, "Will you not just torture me later on, before you put me to death in front of all of Rome? What would be a better option, can you tell me that? Then I will decide."

The changeling didn't want to die, but he had been told like all the changelings that the ponies always treated changeling prisoners badly; first torture, then a public execution.

Scar chuckled. "Well...see that pony over there ?" He asked gesturing towards Diamond who took a few steps back. "She's a senator one of the better nicer ones...so if you cooperate than I expect she will tell everypony not to harm you. She will most likely get us to interrogate you but you will not be tortured and you will probably be sent away from Rome...or given a high quality cell in the prison. Before you turn that down...the cell's are actually quite nice...I have stayed in one." He whispered the last part then looked back towards Diamond. "What say you Senator."

Diamond moved towards the changeling and slowly extended a hoof. She placed it on the changelings shoulder and leaned down so they were face to face. "If you come quietly and tell us what we know...I will vouch for you in your trial. And I swear on my life that I will make sure you are not killed or hurt in any way." She said.

Chicane was too shocked to speak for a few moments. He had always thought that all the ponies and griffins were evil, and would stop at nothing to ensure that a captive changeling suffered as much as possible before their inevitable death. Now tho, he was being told the opposite, but the senator's words had the ring of truth coming from them. He considered for a while, then nodded. "Alright," he said in the barest whisper. "I surrender." He shivered, hoping that he was not wrong to trust these ponies and griffin.

Del hugged his little sister. "You can't go around hurting yourself like that, dear sister." He looked at the cut on her hoof. It wasn't very deep, but was still there nonetheless.

"I'm fine. It's just a little scratch." Illy was tired of her big brother being so over-protective. She was only a month younger.

"We need to wash it out. Come on, there's a lake nearby." Illy sighed. Del wasn't going to let this go as unimportant. Del pulled Illy onto his back and started walking towards the lake.

(OOC: Wont be able to post for a while. Gotta go do stuff. Damnit, it wont post the post.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony,@,

Gladius nodded.

"Very well. I suppose I'll go ahead and run you in myself. Senator, Scar, I'll meet you at the arena. Unless you think you should come. One way or another though, we're going to have to train for the fight tomorrow. Were it not such an important fight, we could ask to delay it given the circumstances, but with everyone clamoring for revenge, I don't think that's a good idea."