Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@@Stratos,

Cicada and Mariposa were very glad to get to sleep someplace comfortable, especially Cicada. The changeling mare had been sleeping rough for a long time, ever since the war had finished. When they heard the knock on their door and heard Ari speak, Cicada called out, "Sure. We can talk for a while."

@,

Illusion tilted her head slightly. "What do we do?" It was an... odd question. Was she asking if they had a job? Or about what their cutiemarks meant? She decided it was probably the job part. "We don't have a job at the moment. No one has been accepting us for anything."

@,

"Oh anything...just wreak havoc on the city. Maybe find some leftover changelings from the war...find anypony who wants to help...You help me...and I can grant you more power than you can imagine." She said, giving them an evil grin. "What'll it be ?" She asked, holding out two hooves to shake the twin's.

@@Pripyat Pony,

((I'm just gonna speed this up a bit))

Diamond did her best to support Chicane as she led him high above the clouds. They flew for a few minutes before she made her way down towards the forest.
She landed on a fork in the road. One path led into the forest and the other kept going alongside the forest. "The boathouse is just down here...we will be able to stay there until we find Gladius."

@@Fire Runner,

@@Alex Kennedy,

Scar sighed. "Its about time. Where's the little miss ?" He asked, looking around for Diamond. "That doesn't matter. We need to train."

@,

"She... um... she had business to take care of elsewhere. It's not really important. Anyway, you're right, we need to get busy preparing ourselves for the big fight."

As much as he knew the training was important, Gladius knew he would be quite distracted the whole time. 

@,

Chicane was white with exhaustion by the time he and Diamond landed; he was glad to be able to rest his wings. He followed the senator along the path that led to the boathouse. "Should I disguise myself?" he asked, worriedly. "I'll be able to do so once I've rested."

@@Alex Kennedy,

Scar nodded and put on his armor...which included the metal talons he placed over his...talons.

He walked into the center of the fighting ring and awaited Gladius. "Alright...do you have any idea's on battle tactics ?" He asked.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond shook her head. "No need. When we get there, you can rest. There is a small room upstairs with a couch and a few books. My father owned a small boat so there isn't really allot of room but its better than nothing." She said.

"I'd be worried otherwise that somepony would find me there," Chicane replied. "Who else knows of this place save you and Gladius?"

Chicane could hardly believe that somepony as important as a senator was risking her own life and freedom in order to save his, and he wondered why she had done it.

@,

"Oh anything...just wreak havoc on the city. Maybe find some leftover changelings from the war...find anypony who wants to help...You help me...and I can grant you more power than you can imagine." She said, giving them an evil grin. "What'll it be ?" She asked, holding out two hooves to shake

Power? That was... Not usually offered when getting a job. Delusion opened his mouth to protest, but Illusion spoke up first. "We willingly accept your offer." She took the hoof and shook it. Delusion sighed. There was no getting out of this. He shook the other hoof as well. At least they had a job.

(OOC: I write quicker when I'm tired. I should write at this time more often.)

@,

Thing grinned. "Good. Now that you are working for me...I feel I should explain one tiny little rule. You can go around stealing, killing, whatever the buck you want. But if I say to do something, you do it. Okay ? Okay. I also have a small grudge against the temple. And I need you two to get a simple note inside...the barrier is only blocking out ponies who have evil in their hearts...for all I know you two could get in, but I cant. So I need you two to figure out how to get this." Her eyes flashed and a small black scroll appeared. "To Glory...the priestess." She said, giving them the note which read...

"Dear Priestess.
Yes, its me, the one you met the other day. I just feel like we should maybe have a friendly chat. Meet me by the lake at sundown tonight. If you bring guards, I will kill two ponies once a day until I get what I want. Come alone.

Thing...or as you may know me, Zeanex"

"That's that. And when you finish that...find me some other ponies to give me a helping hoof...maybe some leftover changelings from the battle...anypony willing to help." She said.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"A few ponies know its here but nopony ever comes here...there is nothing apart from the boathouse...that and its private property." She said, walking next to Chicane to support him as they moved towards the boathouse.

@,

Thing grinned. "Good. Now that you are working for me...I feel I should explain one tiny little rule. You can go around stealing, killing, whatever the buck you want. But if I say to do something, you do it. Okay ? Okay. I also have a small grudge against the temple. And I need you two to get a simple note inside...the barrier is only blocking out ponies who have evil in their hearts...for all I know you two could get in, but I cant. So I need you two to figure out how to get this." Her eyes flashed and a small black scroll appeared. "To Glory...the priestess." She said, giving them the note which read...

"Dear Priestess.

Yes, its me, the one you met the other day. I just feel like we should maybe have a friendly chat. Meet me by the lake at sundown tonight. If you bring guards, I will kill two ponies once a day until I get what I want. Come alone.

Thing...or as you may know me, Zeanex"

"That's that. And when you finish that...find me some other ponies to give me a helping hoof...maybe some leftover changelings from the battle...anypony willing to help." She said.

"Of course." They spoke in sync, then stood up. As they started walking towards the temple, they started thinking of plans on getting in. "A barrier blocking those with evil in their hearts. Interesting." " Doesn't seem too difficult to get through, dear brother." "And how do you think we get in?" You're talent is deceit. Deceive yourself into thinking your doing good." "Oh, you are excellent, you know that?" "Of course I know!~"

They came up to the temple. "Let's hope this works."

• Brohoof 1

@,

When Chicane arrived at the boathouse with Diamond, he was glad to sit down and rest. The journey had taxed his wings and legs greatly, particularly since he wasn't at full strength yet.

At the temple, Glory was worried. She didn't have faith in her spell to keep all evil out of the temple, which was why she remained there on guard. The priestess knew that sooner or later, the creature who had visited earlier and whom Glory believed to be an evil spirit, must return and force a confrontation. This was what Glory was dreading, for it would result in the inevitable need for her to summon the goddess. She knew that she had the skill and the ability to do so, but it was a huge thing for a mere mortal pony to do; to summon one of the immortal alicorns down to earth and she was not looking forward to doing so.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond followed Chicane inside and trotted up the stairs leading to the attic.

She sat down on a wooden chair next to the door, leaving the couch for Chicane. "I know you want to rest...but I want to ask one last thing...you said that there were more changeling soldiers than we could count...are they trained ? Or are they just pulled of the streets ?" She asked.

Thing smiled as the two foals trotted off towards Rome.
She looked up at the dark night sky and sighed before heading in the direction of Rome...she was beginning to feel rather hungry.

@,

Gladius thought for a moment. "Keep him on the ground. My fighting style is useless in air to air combat and he's an excellent flyer. If he does get in the air, don't let him pull off a diving attack. That's what he's best at. Besides that, just try to exploit the openings when he's only focusing on one of us."

@,

Chicane looked troubled. "It depends how you define being trained," he replied. "Not to the extent that Roman soldiers are trained, but in more sneaky ways. The Queen learned from her defeat last time, when a small amount of Roman soldiers defeated her entire army. I don't know what the exact plan is, but it'll be sneaky, and something that the emperor will not expect."

(OCC: sorry for the inactivity, I've been really busy lately and I haven't had a chance to post any replies)

Fire Runner sat in a seat in the Colosseum. Even though no battles were going on, it was a place that she had always felt relaxed at. Fire scoped out a good spot for her to sit during the next battle.

@@Alex Kennedy,

@@Fire Runner,

((Sorry, I thought I replied to this))

Scar nodded and stretched his wings and legs before getting into a fighting stance. "We will figure out who can take more and is more of a defense pony...then we will get him to distract the Ripper, trying to bother him enough to give the offence pony time to attack."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond bit her lip. "Its the bucking emperor...if he wasn't so much of a stupid idiot colt we could survive this...and maybe even stop the war forever...but instead he decides to put himself down to Chrysalis's level...the idiot."

Chicane nodded. "I gathered as much when you told me that he wanted me executed in public," he replied. "As far as the Queen is concerned, that would be an act of war and the perfect excuse she needs to start the invasion off. I'd have thought that the emperor of all ponies would know that."

(i have nearly nothing to do)

Ashwing had come back to countiousness after several hours of resting, he got up from the bed feeling the burning pain from over using his powers ¨i got to do something¨ he said as Rose had been working on the crystal in her room, while the other changeling was asleep ¨i should go out but... Why should i do something right now¨ he took on his swords and armor as he walked out of his room ¨better get to the colloseum... before any fight start and maybe i can if nopony is there lay a trap for the fighters... Hehe¨ he walked out of the shielded base and flew up in the air in the direction of the colloseum, while flying he changed into the form of Ashwing.

@,

(I have computer issues, so don't expect to hear from me again for a few days.) 

Gladius nodded and stretched before entering his traditional fighting stance. "Sounds fair enough. Just make sure not to go overboard. We don't stand a chance if one of us gets injured."

@@Alex Kennedy,

Scar nodded. "Agreed." He said, grinning and waiting a moment before running at Gladius. He made a move as if to slash up at Gladius's face but tried to surprise him by going for his sword instead.

@@Pripyat Pony,

"He's been getting crazier and crazier...and now he has just lost it." She said, rubbing her eyes with her hooves. "Thank you for doing this Chicane...I know you probably have no desire to help us and you would probably take the first chance you get to leave...but still, you have done the city a great service. Now I just need to figure out how to warn everypony."

This was indeed what Chicane felt; he was homesick for Egypt, which was where the changelings lived, and felt strange in Rome. However, he didn't want to die and felt this was his best chance to live. A thought struck him.

"I overheard two ponies talking on the way to the Coluseum," he said. "They were talking about somepony called the Oracle who is an alicorn and powerful in her own way, with as much influence as the emperor. Do you know anything about her?"

Ooc: Glory is a pegacorn but naturally, most ponies would think of her as an alicorn as pegacorns are rare.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Diamond nodded. "Yes, I know Glory. But she is not an alicorn, glory is a pegacorn...basically she is a pegasus and a unicorn and is no more powerful than an average unicorn. And she does not have as much power as the Emperor but she is quite liked around the city...so if her and I were to both warn the town's folk...we could get everypony ready for an attack."

((I just realized something...if Glory has as much power as a normal unicorn...than how can she summon gods and create big magical shields ?))

Ooc: It's not a big magical shield at all; that was just the godmoder's interpretation. It's a basic protection spell, and it can be breached. That's why Glory is remaining at the temple, cuz she knows that. And the only reason that she can summon Vesta is cuz she's the goddess's priestess. She can't summon any other deity; any unicorn who was dedicated to Vesta the way the Oracle is can summon Vesta.

"That would be best," Chicane replied. "Best not tell her that I am here, in case it gets back to the Emperor."

• Brohoof 1

@, @@Alex Kennedy,

Fire Runner sat and watched Scar, flicking her ears ever so often as she listened to griffon and the pony talk strategy. She twithed her tail when she heard Scar mentioning distractions.

(OCC: gosh! i need to be on more often D: I'll be more active again starting next week, i can promise everypony that.)

@,

(I'm finally back. Now you can stop worrying that I was just a figment of your imagination all along... Or can you?)

Gladius lept backwards and lifted into the air at the last second, watching as Scar struck where his blade had been a moment before. He landed gently behind the griffon.

"Come on. You've got to be faster than that. If I can get out of the way in time, I'm sure the Ripper can too."

• Brohoof 1