Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@

Icicle after a painstakingly long time finally got his I.D. and citizenship for Rome, as happy as Icicle was now he finally needed to get a job walking back to the Palace he went up to the annoying guard, "I think you can let me through now..." Icicle said showing the guard his I.D. "besides I need to talk with a gladiator master, who i will probably meet in there!" Icicle was happy he could gloat a little infront of the guard.

"Being a citizen doesn't mean you can walk into the palace whenever you want. And you'll find the person you're looking for in the arena. It's not to far over that way." He gestured towards the arena with his hoof. "I'm one of the highest ranking fighters. Perhaps the two of us will meet in the ring someday."

• Brohoof 1

"Yes! *ahem* Yes, thank you. You don't know how lucky and grateful I am. Everything here is so expensive, I barely have enough gold to rent a room for a night. Anyway, so where's this temple? I can't wait to get settled in." Wow, she's so nice. I don't know how I'm going to repay her. Vinyl followed Glory toward the temple

Glory smiled at the three that she had gathered together as she led them towards the temple. The temple was a beautiful building, all pillars and wonderful lines, with the statue of the goddess at the front. The goddess was a tall alicorn, with a kindly face as was befitting the goddess of the hearth and home. Inside the temple, it was cool apart from the corner where the fire burnt away in an ornate fireplace. It was a magic fire, which Glory looked after. The place where those who sought sanctuary slept was in a room just off the main room of the temple. This was where Glory took the ponies and zebra.

Demence looked around in awe. This place seemed magical. It probably was that. He would take pleasure helping keep it clean. He knew he would take a long time to adapt from sleeping in cold dark alleys to being under the shelter in a warm building, but he looked forward to it. He had been blessed.

Arriving at Vesta's temple, Vinyl looked around and took in every inch of the place. Being the goddess of hearth, home, and family, Vesta's temple was probably the most homely of all places in all of Rome. "So, umm... Where are our rooms? I can't wait to unpack and settle in. I've been travelling for... too long and my hooves are pretty much numb."

Diamond walked into her office and was relieved to see everypony had left (I think)

Now should could get some work done. She sat down at her desk and pulled a large stack of papers which started reading, occasionally scribbling something down.

@,

(OOC: Hey, i'm waiting on you to reply to Scar.)

@,

"I can imagine. I remember a while ago somepony saying that he knew a spell to help make scar's fade...I felt like I wanted to punch his face in. Every scar hold's a story some more exciting than others but a story all the same. So why get rid of them." He said, stretching his wings and forelegs...again.

Fire Runner smiled. finally! someone who understands me! she thought to herself.

"Well, i'm curious now, how many years have you been fighting?" Fire Runner asked.

Glory smiled at the three that she had gathered together as she led them towards the temple. The temple was a beautiful building, all pillars and wonderful lines, with the statue of the goddess at the front. The goddess was a tall alicorn, with a kindly face as was befitting the goddess of the hearth and home. Inside the temple, it was cool apart from the corner where the fire burnt away in an ornate fireplace. It was a magic fire, which Glory looked after. The place where those who sought sanctuary slept was in a room just off the main room of the temple. This was where Glory took the ponies and zebra.

Unholy took off her bracers to reveal her stripped legs. she stretched out a bit and sat on the floor of the room, lifting her hoofs to her mane to style it a bit.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Scar grinned. "I learnt to fight when I learnt to fly and walk...I learnt to fly a little before I learnt to walk...its strange I know but that's the way it went. I was never a very big griffin so there were other younger griffins who thought they could pick on me...they couldn't have been more wrong. I remember there were these two bullies when I was around ten. They came to me looking for food or something and I told them no...eventually we got into a fight and both of them went home covered in scratches and bruises...of course I was a little beaten up myself considering there was two of them and one of me...but after that day they never messed with me...in fact they would go out of their way not to be in the same room as me." He said, letting out a big laugh.

@,

Icicle suddenly changed his expression to a more serious tone, "Yes we might meet in the arena... and if we do, i wish you all the luck in the world." Icicle then walked off and went straight to the Arena, there he saw a few ponies practicing and a few teaching Icicle looked around and went to the pony he thought was in charge, "Hello my name is Icicle i'm looking for the ring master?" 

@,

Scar grinned. "I learnt to fight when I learnt to fly and walk...I learnt to fly a little before I learnt to walk...its strange I know but that's the way it went. I was never a very big griffin so there were other younger griffins who thought they could pick on me...they couldn't have been more wrong. I remember there were these two bullies when I was around ten. They came to me looking for food or something and I told them no...eventually we got into a fight and both of them went home covered in scratches and bruises...of course I was a little beaten up myself considering there was two of them and one of me...but after that day they never messed with me...in fact they would go out of their way not to be in the same room as me." He said, letting out a big laugh.

Fire laughed so hard that she rolled out of the chair and landed on the floor.

"well aren't we a pair!" she exclaimed with a laugh, rolling on her back.

"if you're hungry, maybe we can get a bite to eat latter, in the cafeteria?" she suggested, rolling back over so she was laying on her stomach.

Fire laughed so hard that she rolled out of the chair and landed on the floor.

"well aren't we a pair!" she exclaimed with a laugh, rolling on her back.

"if you're hungry, maybe we can get a bite to eat latter, in the cafeteria?" she suggested, rolling back over so she was laying on her stomach.

He laughed even harder as Fire fell from her chair onto the floor. He was quite enjoying himself...and come to think of it, this was the first time he had laughed in years. "I would like that, Fire. I would like that very much." He said, grinning and holding out his claw to help her up.

Diamond...was still in her study. But now she was writing a letter to another senator who had gone off to Venice to meet with the king...of Venice.

@@jdor11,

The gamesmaster gave him an appraising look.

"Yes, that's me. What do you want?"

Gladius sighed. The rookies were always overconfident. Oh, well, maybe he would actually be pretty good. That would be nice, an opponent who could actually give him a challenge.

@,

"I am here to prove my self as a gladiator" Icicle said seriously, "Basically i'm here to join." Icicle then took out his I.D. and any other information he thought the gamesmaster might need, "So, can i join?" Icicle really didn't want to become a gladiator he never liked the idea of it, but if it was only way of getting anywhere in the world so be it. 

He laughed even harder as Fire fell from her chair onto the floor. He was quite enjoying himself...and come to think of it, this was the first time he had laughed in years. "I would like that, Fire. I would like that very much." He said, grinning and holding out his claw to help her up.

Fire took his claw to help her up.

"so, lets get going then. i just ate, but im starving all over again!" Fire Runner said with a giggle (whats this?! a giggle?! :D )

She flicked her stub of a tail back and forth with excitement.

she fluttered out of the door and landed in the hallway,

"you coming?" she called to Scar.

Fire took his claw to help her up.

"so, lets get going then. i just ate, but im starving all over again!" Fire Runner said with a giggle (whats this?! a giggle?! :D )

She flicked her stub of a tail back and forth with excitement.

she fluttered out of the door and landed in the hallway,

"you coming?" she called to Scar.

Scar chuckled slightly at Fire Runner's enthusiasm. He followed her out the door to his room, closing the door behind him as he went. "You sure seem excited about this." Still smiling. He felt so surprised, he had only been around Fire for about twenty minutes and he had Laughed, Smiled and told a story...all the things he NEVER did...

Scar chuckled slightly at Fire Runner's enthusiasm. He followed her out the door to his room, closing the door behind him as he went. "You sure seem excited about this." Still smiling. He felt so surprised, he had only been around Fire for about twenty minutes and he had Laughed, Smiled and told a story...all the things he NEVER did...

"I'm excited because I've met one of the best griffins ever! and now I get to eat food with him! this is like the best day ever!" she said excitingly, looking back at Scar, she began walking down the hallway towards the cafeteria with the other Griffin, a smile was plastered to her face.

• Brohoof 1

"I'm excited because I've met one of the best griffins ever! and now I get to eat food with him! this is like the best day ever!" she said excitingly, looking back at Scar, she began walking down the hallway towards the cafeteria with the other Griffin, a smile was plastered to her face.

"Trust me...after an hour you're never gonna want to see me again...that's how it usually happens." He muttered the last part as he looked down at his front claws. He sighed and looked back up, as they entered the dining hall.

He walked over a small buffet where there was salad's and sandwiches and pretty much anything anyone could think of.

Diamond finished writing her letter and thought she should go get some lunch. She stood up and stretched her wings and back before walking out of her study and making her way towards the entrance of the palace.

"Trust me...after an hour you're never gonna want to see me again...that's how it usually happens." He muttered the last part as he looked down at his front claws. He sighed and looked back up, as they entered the dining hall. He walked over a small buffet where there was salad's and sandwiches and pretty much anything anyone could think of.

A pony gave Fire a weird look when she walked in, but the pony quickly looked down when they saw Fire walking with Scar.

"so, what sounds good for food? i was thinking of getting a daisy sandwich with honey." Fire said, liking her lips at her own mentioning of food.

• Brohoof 1

A pony gave Fire a weird look when she walked in, but the pony quickly looked down when they saw Fire walking with Scar.

"so, what sounds good for food? i was thinking of getting a daisy sandwich with honey." Fire said, liking her lips at her own mentioning of food.

Scar shrugged. "A sandwich sounds nice...honey and daisy huh ? I have always stuck with mayo and hay." He said. "But that sounds good to me." He said, picking up a plate and piling several sandwiches onto it. "Come on...we can just share." He said, moving towards an empty table...the dining hall had cleared out quite a bit but there were still a few ponies here and there...but there were allot of empty tables.

@@jdor11,

The gamesmaster shrugged.

"Yeah, I don't see why not. Anypony can join as long as they're in good enough shape to put up a fight, and can provide their own weapons and equipment. I'll add you to the registry, then you can challenge anyone else listed, or sign up for scheduled events." 

@,

"Okay then! in the meantime i think i am going to explore more of rome!" Icicle made his way out of the colosseum and started the giant maze that was rome. Eventually Icicle came to a very large temple or something like that, infront of the building was a very large statue of somepony, Where Icicle came from there was no religion or temples, it was frowned on because it wasted time and life was extremely difficult up north, going inside he already saw a few ponies chatting, their was food and what looked like a magical fire in the room.

Scar shrugged. "A sandwich sounds nice...honey and daisy huh ? I have always stuck with mayo and hay." He said. "But that sounds good to me." He said, picking up a plate and piling several sandwiches onto it. "Come on...we can just share." He said, moving towards an empty table...the dining hall had cleared out quite a bit but there were still a few ponies here and there...but there were allot of empty tables.

(occ: last post for tonight)

Fire walked over to Scar and took the chair adjacent to him.

"so, tell me, why exactly are all of the ponies here so afraid of you? i honestly don't comprehend why..." Fire asked, grabbing a sandwich from the plate and beginning to nom on it. (because nomming is cuter than eating :) )

• Brohoof 1

(occ: last post for tonight)

Fire walked over to Scar and took the chair adjacent to him.

"so, tell me, why exactly are all of the ponies here so afraid of you? i honestly don't comprehend why..." Fire asked, grabbing a sandwich from the plate and beginning to nom on it. (because nomming is cuter than eating :) )

Scar grabbed a sandwich and took a few bites as well...after a moment he spoke. "Probably because I am not that nice...there are times where ponies think I look scary and they don't want to talk to me...so I have just kinda gotten used to it...even if pones do want to talk to me...its like I just expect them to run off or something. I dunno." He shrugged.

@,

@,

Icicle realized that no one in the temple noticed him enter, so he decided not to bother anyone, instead he went to the fire and watched it dance and spark, putting his hoof towards the heat his arm started dripping water, ice started forming on the ground below, icicle pulled his hoof away fast and took out a special vile with some snow from his home land, snow that never melted and was always cold, Icicle loved looking at it because the snow in the vile was always falling but somehow in the same place. 

@@jdor11,

(OOC: Scar and Fire are in the Gladiator sleeping/food/living building place thing...not the temple.)

Before leaving the palace ground's a guard quickly ran over to Diamond, noticing that she was about to leave by herself. She sighed but didn't say anything.

As they were leaving, Diamond couldn't help but take a quick glance back at Gladius by the entrance of the palace...but she quickly shook her head and walked down the street towards her favorite food store.

The guard waited just outside the door as Diamond walked inside and smiled at the mare behind the counter. "Good afternoon senator Diamond." Said the mare, bowing respectfully. "Good afternoon to you too. May I get...hmm...one hay and daisy slice of pizza please." She said.

The mare gave Diamond a confused look...she had expected the senator to order something more...fancy, but either way she served up some pizza and gave it to Diamond who placed a few gold pieces plus a tip onto the table.

Diamond munched on her pizza as she slowly made her way downtown to the park...the guard following closely behind.

• Brohoof 1