Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

Arriving at Vesta's temple, Vinyl looked around and took in every inch of the place. Being the goddess of hearth, home, and family, Vesta's temple was probably the most homely of all places in all of Rome. "So, umm... Where are our rooms? I can't wait to unpack and settle in. I've been travelling for... too long and my hooves are pretty much numb."

@, @,

"The room is just over here," Glory replied to Vinyl, and indicated to the others that they should follow her too. She led them to a room which had beds laid out in it, and had a curtained window facing towards the sun. The curtains were open, and sunlight poured into the room.

"Choose whichever bed you like," Glory said with a smile. "At the moment, there are no others seeking sanctuary within Vesta's temple. If you don't know, Vesta is the goddess depicted in marble at the entrance to the temple, and I am her priestess. I care for the fire, and make offerings to her at the correct times. I'll leave you to settle in for a time so that I can prepare some food for you all."

@@jdor11,

Back inside the main part of the temple, Glory noticed as soon as she entered that a stranger was there, playing with the fire and she frowned as she walked over to him. "Please don't mess with the sacred fire," she said to him. "I understand that if you are a visitor to the city, you may not understand about the goddess or about her temple, but there are certain rules to be followed if you are to enter here. I am the Oracle, and the law protects me from interference."

Vinyl glanced at the others and took a bed in the far corner of the room. She left her coins, blade, and robes in her bag, and pushed them under her bed. Then she took off her robe and cowl, folded them, and put them in her bag. Finally, she plopped down onto the comfortable bed, then closed her eyes and drifted off into the best rest she had had in ages

Diamond walked downtown to the small park where a few foals were kicking a ball around. Diamond smiled and sat down on a bench just under a small tree. The guard stopped and stood next to the bench.

Diamond munched on her pizza and watched the busy city ponies wonder around the park. Some looked like they were in a rush, and others were just enjoying the scenery.

(OOC: Great time to come interact with Diamond.)

When Gladius' shift guarding the gate was over he decided to go for a walk around the city to pass the time. With no destination in mind, he eventually found himself heading toward the park. When he got there, he noticed Diamond sitting on a bench, and something he didn't quite understand drew him to her. He walked over and addressed the pony guarding her.

"I'll take over, private. Head back to the castle."

@,

He turned to the senator.

"I can't imagine you enjoyed having him follow you around, ma'am. Do you mind if I sit next to you?" 

@,

Diamond shook her head at Gladius. "No. Please do." She said, moving down the bench a little bit as the guard headed back over to the castle. "That's one of the kinda...not very nice things about being a senator...you barely ever get time alone." She said, taking a few more bites of her pizza. "Are you hungry or anything ? Because if so, lunch is on me." She said, smiling at Gladius then looking over at the foals playing with the ball.

@,

Gladius shook his head.

"I couldn't let you do that ma'am. I'm more than capable of paying for myself. Besides, I'm not really hungry. But I do appreciate the offer, ma'am. And if it's really a problem having guards follow you all the time, I might be able to get rid of them for you. If I say that I'm protecting you, they'll leave you alone. Of course, I guess you'd still be stuck with me all the time." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond smiled."That would be quite nice. I have never really liked be around a guard I don't know...it makes conversations awkward. And who would be better to walk around with than a friend ?" She said, finishing her pizza. "To be honest I don't really understand why I need a guard with me all the time...no pony has ever tried to hurt me or even showed sign's of doing so...probably because I have a guard with me but...you know." She laughed.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Icicle looked up at this new pony and didn't say anything instead he got up, took 20 gold coins from his pocket and gave it to the pony, and silently walked out, putting his special snow charm back, Icicle left the temple and decided to look else where he went to the park but then saw the guard from earlier, Icicle decided not to bother him and  left the park, walking around he finally came back to the arena, he decided he would go into the gladiators rooms and see what it was like their. 

@,

Gladius laughed along with her. Really he was just glad she'd said yes. It meant he would get to spend a lot of time with her.

"Are you sure you don't mind me following you around everywhere? Because I can stay out of your way and just tell them I'm guarding you if you really want. I doubt anyone would try to hurt a senator as popular as you."

• Brohoof 1

@,

(OOC: I gotta go, be back later this afternoon.)

"Oh no, its fine. I like having some company...but I don't like now knowing anything about my company. I know you, we're friends so it will make things more fun." She said. "I think that's why i'm told to go with guards...because I am one of the more popular senator's so...I dunno, maybe a changeling would try to steal me away or something." She chuckled.

(edited)

(OOC: I gotta go, be back later this afternoon.)

(Good. Now I can take a nap without feeling bad about leaving you waiting for a response.)

Gladius nodded.

"I guess they might want to, but I don't think it would ever work. No changeling could imitate someone as brilliant, elegant, and beautiful as you, ma'am."

He blushed and looked at the ground, ashamed, when he realized what he was saying.

"I apologize for that, ma'am. It's not my place to say such things to an honored senator."

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

Scar grabbed a sandwich and took a few bites as well...after a moment he spoke. "Probably because I am not that nice...there are times where ponies think I look scary and they don't want to talk to me...so I have just kinda gotten used to it...even if pones do want to talk to me...its like I just expect them to run off or something. I dunno." He shrugged.

"that just seems odd. and unfair in my opinion." Fire huffed, then proceeded to take another bite of her sandwich.

@, @,

"The room is just over here," Glory replied to Vinyl, and indicated to the others that they should follow her too. She led them to a room which had beds laid out in it, and had a curtained window facing towards the sun. The curtains were open, and sunlight poured into the room.

"Choose whichever bed you like," Glory said with a smile. "At the moment, there are no others seeking sanctuary within Vesta's temple. If you don't know, Vesta is the goddess depicted in marble at the entrance to the temple, and I am her priestess. I care for the fire, and make offerings to her at the correct times. I'll leave you to settle in for a time so that I can prepare some food for you all."

@@jdor11,

Back inside the main part of the temple, Glory noticed as soon as she entered that a stranger was there, playing with the fire and she frowned as she walked over to him. "Please don't mess with the sacred fire," she said to him. "I understand that if you are a visitor to the city, you may not understand about the goddess or about her temple, but there are certain rules to be followed if you are to enter here. I am the Oracle, and the law protects me from interference."

Unholy threw her saddle bag and bracers onto a bed and slumped over against a wall. she was so tired... she eventually collapsed onto the bed in exhaustion.

Glory was somewhat mystified by the reaction of the stranger; still, looking down on the gold coins in her hoof, Glory thought that she could go out into the city and buy more food for her newest residents. She went into the room which was her private residence and took down her saddlebags then, after tucking the coins carefully into her purse, she trotted out of the temple and into the city, in the direction of the marketplace.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Inside the gladiators rooms Icicle saw a pony and a griffin talking and eating, the room itself was as expected not amazing but good enough for living, Icicle looked around the room for a free bed in the very back corner there was a bed nopony was using probably because it was so dark Icicle then went over to the bed and put his stuff down, all except his blades.

Ashwing entered the door (srry for long time away) and bowed to the emperor ¨if i dont disturb anything, i would like to do it now which would be the case but you know incase you have very important stuff to do¨ Ashwing said noticing in his eyes view nearly everything in the room with some blurry at the  end of the eye showing that it wasnt something out of importance for him.

Ashwing entered the door (srry for long time away) and bowed to the emperor ¨if i dont disturb anything, i would like to do it now which would be the case but you know incase you have very important stuff to do¨ Ashwing said noticing in his eyes view nearly everything in the room with some blurry at the end of the eye showing that it wasnt something out of importance for him.

(OOC: just gimmie a brief moment. *clears throat* dafuq i just read?!*)

Fire Slayer observed the pony briefly. "Yes. You may have to come back tomorrow. There are things like finding somepony. A changeling. Based on what I heard there is one within this city but no full evidence has arised. Unless there is anything else then you may go."

(something?) ¨okay ill go then.... But before i do that i would ask if i could join the gladiators to train¨ Ashwing said half way to the door ¨also you should watch out on that Senator and Gladius they seem to be very close and it would weaken the empire if the senator was with someone not on the high statuses¨

(something?) ¨okay ill go then.... But before i do that i would ask if i could join the gladiators to train¨ Ashwing said half way to the door ¨also you should watch out on that Senator and Gladius they seem to be very close and it would weaken the empire if the senator was with someone not on the high statuses¨

Fire Slayer looked at him. "You'll need to prove that you can become a gladiator first. And I do not fear such a relationship could weaken anything except for Gladius's skills in the arena. Actually... That may be bad anyway..." He paused for a moment to think. "very well. You may leave now." he closed the door behind ashwing.

he rolled his eyes going out and walked to the arena and to some kind of pony that seemed to stand out the most and so it appears that hes the one who sign gladiators up or recruits new soon to be dead or soon to be alive ponies, he walked up to him and asked ¨could i get to fight in the arena?¨

@@rolle,

The gamesmaster shrugged.

"Can you provide your own weapons and equipment? Are you in good enough shape to actually put up a fight? Do you promise to fight with honor and bravery, and if necessary to face death with honor rather than cowardice? If so, you can join."

He gave Ashwing some papers.

"Just sign these and you'll be added to the registry."

¨Ok, i guess¨ he looked at the papers and answered it, though it was hard doing it since it was not his changeling him he was talking about, anyways after he was done he walked to the gamesmaster again and hoofed over the weapons to him ¨here you have the papers¨

@@rolle,

Icicle left the Gladiators room to see a new pony signing up, but their was something oddly unnerving about him that icicle couldn't put his hoof on, getting his snow glass he looked through the glass at the pony, his special snow glass was not just a trinket but also a looking glass that showed everything, as blurry as it may be, in it's true form, Icicle looked at the pony and saw a different shape appear, that did not match this ponies appearance, Icicle realized what this being was, but decided not to tell anypony, he had better plans for the pony.

(OOC: How is Ashwing supposed to know about Diamond and Gladius...he wasn't even around them when they were flirty, and they weren't even really being flirty.)

@@jdor11,

(OOC: It isn't a griffin and a pony...its two griffins  ;) )

@,

Diamond blushed and chuckled slightly. "A complement is a complement, it doesn't matter who is giving the complement or who is receiving the complement...I'm flattered that you think that of me." She said, smiling.

@,

Scar shrugged. "I'm used to it by now...I must admit it is nice to have someone to talk to without them shaking or running away." He said, chuckling and picking up another sandwich.

Glory was at the marketplace for a short while, long enough to stock up with enough food for the time being. She returned to the temple and put the food in the kitchen before heading to the alter to make an offering to Vesta. The Oracle closed her eyes as she made the offering of cakes and milk before a smaller statue of Vesta than the one outside. This one was hung with jewels and silks that had been given to the goddess by those who had come to ask her for help. Glory soon was in a trance, communicating with Vesta and asking her advice. Coming out of the trance, Glory opened her eyes. She felt soothed and comforted as she trotted to the kitchen to begin preparing a meal.

@@Pripyat Pony

Icicle left the Arena and decided to check something, walking over to the temple he went inside and looked to see if the pony he gave the money to was still their walking around he found the pony in the kitchen cooking, not saying a word he went into the kitchen and started helping the pony, he did not look at her no say a word.