Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

Scar shrugged. "I'm used to it by now...I must admit it is nice to have someone to talk to without them shaking or running away." He said, chuckling and picking up another sandwich.

Fire looked up at scar and blushed then quickly covered her face with her wing.

she nervously took another bite of her sandwich, hoping that Scar wasn't looking at her when she was blushing.

oh gosh... I really hope he didn't notice me blushing... I-I can't let him think that... she thought, but trailed off.

Fire looked up at scar and blushed then quickly covered her face with her wing.

she nervously took another bite of her sandwich, hoping that Scar wasn't looking at her when she was blushing.

oh gosh... I really hope he didn't notice me blushing... I-I can't let him think that... she thought, but trailed off.

Scar hadn't noticed Fire blush...he was to busy stabbing at a small piece of sandwich with his claw. He sighed and looked up, only to see her covering her face with her wing...he still didn't really get why. "Um...you okay there ?" He asked, forgetting about the sandwich which was now just a pile of crumbs and shredded veggies.

¨Ok, i guess¨ he looked at the papers and answered it, though it was hard doing it since it was not his changeling him he was talking about, anyways after he was done he walked to the gamesmaster again and hoofed over the weapons to him ¨here you have the papers¨

The gamesmaster nodded.

"Alright. Welcome to the games."

@,

Gladius was slightly relieved, but he still felt ashamed. He didn't know what had come over him recently.

"But, with all due respect ma'am, I mustn't say such things, not when others might hear them. If people were to suspect that there was anything going on between us... surely you understand what it would do to your reputation if people were to think that you- one of the most prominent members of the senate- were in a relationship with a simple guard." 

He blushed slightly. What was happening to him?

"Not to mention, I'm hardly worthy of a mare such as you, no matter my standing."

@,

"A simple guard ? There is no such thing. Everypony has some story and everypony is unique in their own way ( ;)And I think you are a wonderful pony Gladius." She said, smiling kindly.

She listened to his next few words and couldn't help but laugh. "You go into an arena almost every day to fight other ponies...possibly to the death. You know what I do ? I sit at a desk and do paperwork, I have no idea how to use a sword or a shield . If anything, I wouldn't be good enough for you." She said, chuckling.

@,

Gladius shook his head.

"With all due respect, I have to disagree, ma'am. Far more lives rest on the work you do than on my matches in the arena. Besides, the crowds have been growing increasingly merciful over the years; people rarely die in the games nowadays. But thanks all the same, ma'am." 

@,

"So I guess fighting is nothing then...even if its not to the death." She said, jokingly. "Nah, trust me. I'm just an average mare who has a little bit of a different job." She said, yawning and stretching her wings and forelegs. She stopped and thought for a moment before asking. "Would you like to dine with me tonight ?" She asked.

(OOC: Gotta go to bed.)

(OOC: Gotta go to bed.)

(Good, so do I.)

Gladius shrugged.

"Fighting is simple. Anypony can do it, and do it well, with enough practice. What you do takes a lot of talent. Your smart, refined, a great speaker, a born leader- those aren't things you can just pick up. You're something special, ma'am."

Then she asked him to go with her to dinner, and he had no idea what to say.

"I... you must realize how disastrous that would be for your reputation, ma'am. You can't be seen dining with somepony so far below your station. Imagine what people will say!"

• Brohoof 1

@@Pripyat Pony

Icicle left the Arena and decided to check something, walking over to the temple he went inside and looked to see if the pony he gave the money to was still their walking around he found the pony in the kitchen cooking, not saying a word he went into the kitchen and started helping the pony, he did not look at her no say a word.

Glory was surprised to see the stranger who had given her the money in the kitchen helping her; she didn't say anything to him til the food was ready, then she said, "Would you mind helping me take this food to the refugees? Just follow me. I feel I must thank you for your kind donation; I would offer you sanctuary if you needed it as long as you let the fire be."

~Snip~

Diamond sighed. "I actually think everypony will find it...interesting and giving. I want to have dinner with a friend rather than having dinner alone. I usually get Linger or Sand...they're my maids, Anway, I usually get one of them to come eat with me...if they want to that is. But we usually end up talking about their foals or politics...which always makes dinner more interesting rather than just sitting there...alone." She said, looking out into the field. It looked like all the foals playing with the ball had left so it was just her and Gladius in the park now.

@,

Gladius sighed and smiled. There really was no point in resisting, especially when he knew he really wanted to say yes.

"Well, I must admit it is a very tempting offer, ma'am. If you're sure you want me to join you, then I would love to accompany you for dinner." 

@,

Diamond smiled and looked at Gladius. "Wonderful. I think Sand said she was making a vegetable stir fry or something...she's a wonderful chief so whatever she makes will probably be delicious. I would expect she would be done at around six o-clock. So you are welcome to come at maybe...five or five thirty ?" She said.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"That sounds wonderful. I'll be looking forward to it, ma'am. So... um, in the meantime, if you'll excuse me for leaving, ma'am, I have some business I need to take care of at the arena. Although you're welcome to come with me if you really want, I suppose."

@,

Diamond stood up. "I would love to join you...but will you be fighting ? Because I went to see an arena mach a while ago and...well I didn't really approve, I think it takes great skill and no pony was ever killed but...still, I don't like fighting." She said, blushing ever so slightly.

@,

Gladius nodded.

"Believe me, ma'am, I understand. No one desires peace more than a soldier. I don't like the senseless bloodshed of the arena, but at the same time, I like to test my skills and keep them sharp. A terrible contradiction, I know, but I can't escape it. Besides, I have to do it as a matter of honor, and to continue the family tradition. But fortunately, I won't be fighting this time. I just have to talk to the gamesmaster about some of the recently recruited gladiators." 

@,

Diamond nodded. "Let's be off then" She said, happily trotting towards the arena. "So you have some new recruits ? What are they like ? Or have you even met them yet ? Who would you say are some of the better gladiators next to yourself ?" She asked, obviously curious to know more about the arena. 

Ashwing walked around the arena outyards to find that there was exactly 13 entrances to the arena from the outside 'this may not be the right place for something like whats gonna happen' he thought before he knew it he was wondering where in rome it would happen.

@,

Gladius was happy that she was going with him, and even more so because she seemed genuinely interested.

"Well, that's just it, ma'am, I'm not entirely sure if he's actually been recruited or not, but there was a stallion who was trying to get into the palace, hoping to work for the emperor, and he ended up leaving to prove himself in the games. I need to find out if he actually joined or not, and if he did, I want to tell the gamesmaster to watch out for him; he was awfully suspicious. As for the top fighters, well, there are a few who stand out. One's an old stallion who's been in the games for years. Everyone calls him The General. Then there are two griffons who are both quite formidable. The first, and less renowned of the two is named White Scar. The other goes by Ripper, and nopony knows his real name. He always wears a mask that covers his entire face, and he has a reputation for being merciless. He's the current champion, but I intend to change that."

(No offense to White Scar saying he's the lesser of the two, but Ripper is going to have an important role later on.)

• Brohoof 1

@,

(OOC: That's fine. This just means I need to get White Scar to the top...a challenge  ^_^ )

"He seems...creepy." She said, frowning slightly. "I haven't even met him and I can already guess that he is going to be a grumpy tough silent griffin who thinks he's just all that." She said. "I mean...I could be wrong of course." She said with a small giggle.

@,

Gladius couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

"No, you've pretty much got him figured out. He never talks to anypony, he just comes to fight and then goes off to who knows where until his next match. Everypony who fights him and survives is either too scared or too badly injured to fight again, and they end up retiring. But that's only if they're lucky enough not to bleed to death."

@,

(OOC: Like yesterday...I will be back later this afternoon.)\

Diamond grimaced. "And you want to fight this guy ?" She asked, looking at Gladius with a slightly worried expression. "Aren't you already one of the best fighter's in Rome ?" She looked away from Gladius but the worried expression stayed as the arena came into sight.

@,

Gladius sighed.

"It's not a matter of whether or not I want to fight him, I have to fight him. I have to become the champion to honor my father's memory. Besides, he can't be allowed to keep maiming ponies; someone has to stop him. And I don't trust anyone to do it but myself."

Then he noticed the worried look on her face and blushed. Why would she be concerned about him?

Magnus entered the city, wearing  some armor and a tattered cape, , he has his gladiatorial helmet on, on his back was a shield  under it was a spear and a bow, a quiver of arrows at his side, he looked badly damaged, having multiple cuts and wounds all over him, though he acted like he was fine, he calmly walked into the town center searching for a doctor or healer

@@Pripyat Pony,

Icicle simply nodded his head and took the food and started serving the refugees, after the meal was done he went up to the pony who he still did not ask for her name and said these words, "I need no sanctuary" icicle instead took out his snow charm and held it up to the pony "You are the prophet no? Well look at this, and tell me what you see, but do not look at any living being with it." Icicle said in a gruff voice. he seemed harsh and tired about something but even he did not know why, he was so tired in fact that he was dripping water all over the floor and couldn't stop it.

Magnus felt himself begin to weaken, he gathered a big breath and looked around, he saw a marble temple not too far away, he knew he could rest there, he had practically been living in temples for the past couple of days, and most of them had some form of medical supplies, he walked twords it after a long walk he made it to the temple, leaving behind a trail of blood drops that contrasted the white marble, he was barely standing, as he looked around

@@Skullbuster,

Before Icicle had a chance to give the prophet the snow trinket a pony who looked battered and was bleeding everywhere came into the temple, Icicle then ran over to the pony putting his shard back into his pocket and grabbed the pony before he collapsed from blood loss.

Putting the pony on the floor lying down Icicle asked "What happened, and what cut you?" Icicles tone was flat but his eyes where worrisome.