Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ancient Rome Rp

Alex Kennedy

@@jdor11,

"n-nothing too serious" he coughed, blood fell out of the holes of his helmet "just a band of barbarians, jumped me on the way to the city,... *he collapsed under the weight of his armor and weapons "t-took me by surprise....i was able to kill them, but they did a real number on me..t-t-two of them were giffons..." he voice was extremely gruff and growly, he coughed again* "i need medical attention"

@,

"That's very brave of you Gladius." She said, giving him a warm smile. But she still couldn't get rid of the worried feeling. She felt rather surprised...she had always like Gladius but...she was worried...more worried than a normal friend would be. "B-Be Careful."

Edited by Sir Flame of Dancerville

@@Skullbuster,

"Dont worry i can help, where i'm from..." Suddenly the pony coughed more blood so Icicle stopped talking and got to work, first he got the ponies armor off, then he did something strange, he took the bottle of snow he always kept on him, and opened it. Taking a knife he cut a good slice into his arm, blood came out, but this was no normal red blood, it was blue and cold, drops of blood fell into the bottle forming ice in the bottle, Icicle took the bottle shook it and poured the mixture into the ponies wounds, ice formed where the mixture fell forming ice scabs. Before Icicle closed the last wound he took his bottle and poured some of the ponies blood into the bottle closed it and put it back into his pocket.

@,

Gladius new she was really worried about him, even if he didn't understand why, and he tried to comfort her.

"Don't worry ma'am, I'm always careful. Besides, I can handle myself, I thought you would have realized that by now. It wasn't luck that brought me this far in the games."

They had just reached the entrance to the arena when Gladius heard a commotion coming from the palace. Screams and the sounds of battle could be heard across town.

"That sounds bad. I'd better go check it out; you should find somewhere safe in the meantime, and I'll meet back up with you later."

@@jdor11

Magnus's breath quickened, in pain from the cold, but a few seconds later he felt better and attempted to stand up, he was still a little shakey "i need to rest for a bit..." he said, his voice still gruff sounding "thank you, what is your name?" he asked the pony

@@Skullbuster,

"My name is Icicle, but that is of little importance at the moment." Icicle took out his vile and looked through it to the pony, the blood from the other pony helped classify him as a shroud appeared around him, "You have good blood, and are different from most ponies i have met what is your name?" Icicle put the vile back making sure the vile was not in any danger of breaking.

@@jdor11,

"i am Magnus, a travailing gladiator, i go from town to town becoming the champion and then i move on, i had planned on doing the same here until i was attacked" he explained, "but before that, i will need to rest, ive been travelling for a few days, and i need a trident, mine broke in the attack"

Glory was somewhat suspicious of both these ponies; however, she could not deny a place in the temple to anypony who needed it. She told the stranger who had just arrived that he could stay in the temple for as long as he wanted, but there was to be no fighting within its walls. She was shaken by what her instincts had told her about the amulet; not evil, but not good, either. It was a force of nature which could go either way depending on the will of the pony controlling it.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Icicle left Magnus alone and turned back to the oracle, taking out his vile he gave it handed it out to the oracle, noticing her reluctance to touch it Icicle said "You my dear oracle fear that which you do not understand, it can be said for most ponies. But this vile, is not evil, nor is it good, because this vile which i hold in my hoofs has no purpose, this vile will only show you what you want to see, or do what you want it to do but it will harm no pony, the only harm it will cause is that of fear." Icicle  almost pushed the vile into the oracles hoofs and told her, "My dear oracle look at me through the vile and you may see something you like or dislike, the vile only amplifies what you think."

@,

Diamonds eyes widened. "Um...okay, be careful...i'll just wait inside." She said, walking inside the arena.

She looked into another room just down the hall from the door...this room looked to be the dining hall. There was an empty chair by the door so she walked over at sat down...a few of the nearby gladiators giving her weird looks.

@@Pripyat Pony,

Magnus  nodded "thank you for allowing me to stay here, and i apologize for spilling my blood on the floor of this sacred building" he started picking his weapons back up, "would you show me to a place where i can rest and lay my things down? i have had a rough journey"

@,

Gladius was sad to part with her, but he had more important things to attend to at the moment. Rushing to the palace, he saw several dead guards outside. Cursing himself for not being there to help, he continued into the palace, towards the sound of fighting.

He arrived in the palace to see several guards, including the captain, surrounding a large griffon who, by the looks of things, had already killed many of the soldiers. Gladius drew his sword and rushed over to help them, but he wasn't fast enough. The captain raised his blade to strike, but before he could, the griffon lashed out with his talons, gashing him severely and sending him flying across the room.

To Gladius, this all seemed to happen in slow motion as he ran towards the griffon, who made short work of the other guards. The griffon turned to face him, and it was a face that Gladius would never forget. The griffon's face was covered in scars, such that he hardly had any normal skin or feathers left.

Gladius lunged at the griffon, but it quickly dodged his attack and disarmed him with a swipe of his claw, knocking Gladius' sword out of his grasp and onto the bloody floor. It was then that the griffon spoke, in a deep, raspy voice.

"Ah, yes, the young sword prodigy; Iron Helm's son, if I'm not mistaken. Your father was a great warrior, and they say you've inherited his talents. If only you'd arrived sooner, maybe your talents could have saved your brothers in arms. But I've had enough for today; you get to live a little longer."

Before Gladius had a chance to stop him, the griffon leapt into the air and flew off, leaving Gladius alone among the bodies of his victims. 

Gladius rushed over to where the captain was still laying, bleeding profusely but somehow alive.

"Captain, who was that? What happened?"

The captain barely had the strength to respond.

"Raptor, a terrorist I thought we'd done away with years ago, when I was just a raw recruit. But it seems I was wrong, and now he's back. Gladius, as long as he's alive, the city is in terrible danger. Somepony has to..." The captain passed out, having lost far too much blood.

Doing the only think he could think of, Gladius picked the captian up and carried him to the palace healer. The healer began treating his wounds, and told Gladius that he thought the captain would survive, but it would take a long time for him to recover.

@,

Gladius left the castle and went back to the arena, where Diamond was. He found her and hurried over.

"Honored senator, something terrible has just happened! There was an attack at the palace and many of the guards died. The captain is severely wounded, but thankfully I think he'll survive. But more importantly, the griffon responsible for the attack is still on the loose somewhere in the city. You have to go somewhere safe; a prominent senator like you could be his next target."

Scar hadn't noticed Fire blush...he was to busy stabbing at a small piece of sandwich with his claw. He sighed and looked up, only to see her covering her face with her wing...he still didn't really get why. "Um...you okay there ?" He asked, forgetting about the sandwich which was now just a pile of crumbs and shredded veggies.

"y-yeah, im f-fine..." Fire stammered, moving her wing from her face and scratching the back of her head with her talons.

She picked up her sandwich and quickly took another bit, but she started staring at Scar's eyes.

wow... his eyes are beautiful... she thought.

she quickly shook her head to clear her thoughts.

@,

(OOC: YOU DIDN'T  :blink: )

Diamond felt rather rushed but nodded. "I'm going back to the palace, I need to warn the senate and do anything else I can." She said, quickly standing up from the chair and moving towards the exit.

@,

Scar did happen to notice this and he raised an eyebrow...but he didn't want to make things awkward so he just took another bite of his sandwich,  not noticing senator Diamond and Gladius by the door.

@

@

(oh yes he did)

Icicle walked out of the temple, the air seemed tense, something horrible had just happened, walking over to the palace Icicle saw dead guards, "well this is a great start" Icicle said sarcastically, grabbing his vile he looked through it, the new blood had made it much more accurate, looking around Icicle could see the dark aura floating around death was very abundant here, walking he asked a guard where he could find someone in charge, the guard said "Gladius is in the arena" walking to the arena he saw Gladius by the door talking to a pony he had not met yet when suddenly a griffin covered in scars walked past them.

Edited by jdor11

when suddenly a griffin covered in scars walked past them.

(Ain't nobody gets to control the mystery griffon but me.)

(OOC: YOU DIDN'T  )

(Yeah, that's right, stuff is happening. There's actually going to be some semblance of a story. Shocking, I know.) 

Gladius nodded and followed her. 

"Whatever you think is best, ma'am, but I insist on accompanying you. I can't risk anything happening to you because I wasn't there to guard you."

• Brohoof 2

@,

Diamond nodded. Gladius seemed rather determined so she didn't argue. "I think the emperor would need you more than me...he's more important." She said, quickly walking towards the castle.

(Ain't nobody gets to control the mystery griffon but me.)

((So you really did add your griffin OC. This makes me want White Scar to beat him in a fight even more...I cant let you have the two best fighters in the arena :P ))

Magnus heard sounds of chaos in the city "what is going on out there?" he put on his helmet and grabbed his shield and spear "i will leave the rest of my gear here, my prayers at this temple will have to wait" he hovered up and flew out, looking for the disturbance

@,

Icicle walked up to Gladius, "Well hello their mister guard! it seems as though you have a bit of a dead guard problem out infront of the palace!" Icicle took his vile and looked at Gladius through it, "and it seems as though you are covered in death, anything i can help with?" Icicle said seriously though there was a hint of sarcasm.

Scar did happen to notice this and he raised an eyebrow...but he didn't want to make things awkward so he just took another bite of his sandwich, not noticing senator Diamond and Gladius by the door.

"Well! aren't these sandwiches divine!" Fire Runner exclaimed, attempting to break the awkward silence between her and Scar.

She shoved the rest on her sandwich into her mouth to shut herself up from saying anything else stupid.

gosh... you muffin brain! she though as she face palmed.

@@jdor11,

Gladius grabbed Icicle by the throat.

"You! What gives you the right to talk like that? You're as much of a suspect as anyone, and if I find out you had anything to do with this, you're dead."

Gladius turned and walked away with Diamond before he had a chance to respond.

Icicle ignored the outburst of the guard and walked on, "so much for helping!" he thought, looking around he did not really know what to do, guards where dead and he couldn't just stand around while a murderer was on the loose, Icicle decided he would go back to the palace and see if he could find anything that would help find the murderer.

Magnus continued flying around, he was still slightly injured, so his flying wasn't exactly perfect, and he was quite noticeable being that he was an erratically flying pony with a shield and spear wearing a murmilo helmet, he was flying around looking for the cause of the disturbance

@,

Diamonds eyes widened as Gladius grabbed the pony by the throat.

As they continued walking she leaned a little closer to him and said. "Was that really necessary ? He was only trying to help." She said, glancing back at the pony.

@,

Scar nodded and couldn't help but chuckle at Fire...she was being so awkward. "Yup...they're pretty good." He said, smiling and taking another sandwich half...leaving the last one for Fire.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

Gladius felt rather ashamed that Diamond had witnessed his outburst.

"My apologies ma'am, but he may very well be involved in this somehow. Besides, I don't take kindly to ponies questioning my loyalty. Excuse me for a moment ma'am." 

@@Skullbuster,

Gladius noticed out of the corner of his eye a heavily armed pegasus flying around, seemingly off balance and scanning the city like he was looking for something. He flew up to the strange stallion.

"Excuse me, but what exactly are you doing?"

(I'll be leaving shortly, and probably won't be on much for the rest of the night.)

Edited by Alex-Kennedy