Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A fandom in war... a useless war...

MK15

(edited)

Hi guys. I'm a supporter for Alicorn Twilight, and I will continue to support the show of course, but.... for what I've seen... if the war against the haters wasn't enough, now the fandom is in war with itself. Sostenitors or haters for Twilight alicorns insult between themselves, I've seen so many negativity everywhere I went, and the positivity of all the fandom has all been lost.... what is happened to us? Are we the fans or the haters? Bronies magically are turned into complete jerks for what? A pair of wings? I'm very disappointed about you guys.... this is not the fandom I used to love months ago....

Edited by MK15

(edited)

Every fandom goes through tough times. Or even war.

But i think this whole Alicorn Twilight thing is starting to get outta hand.

First the bronies got butthurt over Twilight. *formerly myself*. Then they start a conflict with the other bronies.

I do not blame Hasbro, its their show and they can do whatever the heck they want. 

We just need to put our hooves down and stop this war once and for all.

Edited by KToadstool
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, the Alicorn Drama thing has long since surpassed Derpygate in terms of sheer stupid.

I don't think the fandom is going to die, but what's got me so dissappointed is that we've now become just like every other fandom out there, and now the magic is gone.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I honestly haven't seen any behavior from Bronys bad enough to say it's a war. It's pretty squabbling is what it is, but the whole Twilicorn thing in general will pass over pretty fast. People's butt hurt will last a little while longer but they'll grow up an hopefully realize its something that's out of their hands and can't control. If you can't live with it don't have it in your life, simple as that.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 5

What war? Twilight became an alicorn some people got butthurt over it cried for a while and then people posted words like "Im leaving the forum" and 99% of them didn't actually leave in fact I dont know of anyone that did leave and as for the "war" its a load of crap. there is nothing to argue or fight about Twilight is an alicorn... The end. Im really sick of nearly every new thread being the same thing over and over why cant people just move on and stop blowing everything way out of proportion.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I hardly notice the Twilicorn drama anymore. I'm still positive about this fandom and there are still positive people in this fandom.. People just need to think about something else then this alicorn thing. I did not like the alicorn idea, but you don't see me being all "butthurt" about it. Seriously, it was what Lauren Faust wanted (Twilight becoming "princess", Celestias successor), if that's not good enough for you, then what is?

Just stop thinking about Twilicorn and everything will be all right.. I still remember it, when we saw that sticker, "humm Twilight as an alicorn" That led to everyone realizing that Twilight would possibly become an alicorn in the finals. This drama has been going on ever since.. Can't we just all agree to wait until season 4 premieres. I don't really care anymore about this Twilicorn thing..

I have not been noticing too much of negativity, at least not too much of it on this forum.. Just stop worrying about it. My message to everyone: "Everything is going to be just fine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sXdBPJcro

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 3

Tsk... you are telling me that there is not a war.... when you have the facts in front of your eyes... the comments on the episode's thread are saying me the contrary....

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, the Twilicorn situation is immature, but the people that are not content with alicorn Twilight (like me) have legitament reasons for not liking it, or feeling it should not have been done. I would go in to detail as to why I am not supporting Twilicorn, but this isn't the topic for it.

All I'll say is the least they could have done is keep it secret until the episode aired. (Seriously, who does Hasbro's marketing?)

Tsk... you are telling me that there is not a war.... when you have the facts in front of your eyes... the comments on the episode's thread are saying me the contrary....

Its not a war its a petty argument that means nothing and affects nobody people calling it a war dose not help the situation either if anything it makes it worse because the word war causes people to panic.

• Brohoof 4

I hardly notice the Twilicorn drama anymore. I'm still positive about this fandom and there are still positive people in this fandom.. People just need to think about something else then this alicorn thing. I did not like the alicorn idea, but you don't see me being all "butthurt" about it. Seriously, it was what Lauren Faust wanted, if that's not good enough for you, then what is?

Just stop thinking about Twilicorn and everything will be all right.. I still remember it, when we saw that sticker, "humm Twilight as an alicorn" That led to everyone realizing that Twilight would possibly become an alicorn in the finals. This drama has been going on ever since.. Can't we just all agree to wait until season 4 premieres. I don't really care anymore about this Twilicorn thing..

I have not been noticing too much of negativity, at least not too much of it on this forum.. Just stop worrying about it. My message to everyone: "Everything is going to be just fine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sXdBPJcro

Hmm, Lauren Faust wanted Twilight to become an alicorn? I hate to be rude, but a citation is needed. I am certain that she wanted her to be a princess, not an alicorn. It seems that to the writers, "alicorn" is synonymous with "princess".

• Brohoof 1

Its not a war its a petty argument that means nothing and affects nobody people calling it a war dose not help the situation either if anything it makes it worse because the word war causes people to panic.

It is just a figure of speech, think about flame wars; they are petty argument that, at best, only hurt feelings. Yet they are still called wars. If people panic, it only shows their immaturity; this the internet, where many things are exagerated for the sake of comedy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

These happen every now and then but as far as fandom wars go this actually hasn't been nearly as bad as others I have seen at least not here on this forum. That is not to say that incidents won't happen as there was one last night where a thread got locked, or that people on both sides don't get a little carried away. Some pro twilicorns have shown a great degree of contempt by telling critics to "stop complaining" and some pro twilicorns have gotten a tad obsessed over it and panicked over how Twilight will leave her friends which in unlikely even if this does go badly. I have said many times that I am against this but have no problem with the pro twilicorns that have something to say other than "stop complaining" and actually do agree with a few of their points like waiting to see what happens in season 4 (do we really have any other choice in the matter) and that there is more that we don't know about about this than we do know and that changing Twilight back would be a huge cop out.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

(edited)

It is just a figure of speech, think about flame wars; they are petty argument that, at best, only hurt feelings. Yet they are still called wars. If people panic, it only shows their immaturity; this the internet, where many things are exagerated for the sake of comedy.

Yea but its not funny its just sad. When I joined this fandom I was under the impression that bronies were supposed to set a good example with maturity and how to deal with conflicts, But the stupid arguments over Twilight have proved that its the same as every other fandom (full of people that will cast all and any change to the bowels of hell without even giving it a chance. Im just soo sick of seeing the same threads "why I have anti twilacorns", "why I hate pro twilacorns" "this is how Hasbro should have done things" "Hasbro are ruining blah blah blah blah. I know people hate alicorn twilight but the thing that pisses me off is they wont even give her a chance.

Edited by mycarhasaMoustache

Sure there's been a lot of discussion about it but as far as a "war" goes i haven't really seen people flame each other much, i mean heck, if this is a war, i'd love to see what a simple disagreement is like in this fandom.

I think that a lot of the actual dissension has died down here, because people have sort of realized,"this is my opinion, that's your opinion, and things aren't going to change." I think that both sides are rather tired of saying the same thing over and over again, so it's pretty much settled into a cease fire of sorts.\

At least around these forums.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

-Won't give twilicorn a chance-

We did, Season finale. It sucked. Hence why this is all happening. No, saying the intro of a new series is a finale, dosen't make it a finale. No more does saying the opening of a play is the ending make the opening an ending to that play.

-Its not the shows fault-

yes, that right. Its the consumers (fans) fault. They are just immature douche bags that don't know what they want. Hasbro doesn't have to do things to assure the happiness and prosperity of their consumers and fans, they can turn rarity into a giant talking turd if they wanted to. The fans just had a random episode of bi-polar dissociation identity disorder in mass and found out they hate mlp.

-The episodes and concept didn't suck-

maybe not but it started this. An action where primary damage is done to the fan base is normally considered a bad thing. If you see loads of fans getting butt hurt and raging (anti)or/and fans making sly...snarky/ smug shaming comments (pro-twilicorns) to their fellow fandom members then you are a symptom of that episode. Those aren't good qualities...those are the signs of a fandom being split and anyone that honest with themselves would admit that fandoms are bi-products of decisions made by the show.

Blaming fans for their reaction both good or negative is no different than screaming at a car for making a loud clatter when it starts it engine, you don't blame the sound. You open the lid and take a look at the engine. We didn't say its the fans fault for series one reception, we said it was the episode writing and animation for that. Why are we suddenly doing the opposite?

Overall: Ant-twilights are butthurt ragers. Pro-twilight are smug school girl passive aggressive douche bags.

this formula fits for any anti/ pro changes in a fandom wither they be good or bad.

Solution:

There is no solution. The proof is in the pudding, which is the fandom, as it will always be. We just got to wait for the next series to come out and hope the writing fixes it in one way or another. However, in the mean time people can rage at a bad finale with a controversial change to the core aspect of the show and the sudden ending to it too all they like and they would be justified in doing so.

we got enough of these threads too.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoy musing about the fandom in retrospective just as much as the next Brony, but all this doom and gloom and talk about fighting is really getting annoying.

I've noticed there's a lot of that. At least one thread on the home page each time I have visited on this very topic. If we spent less time worrying about the conflict... we'd spend a lot less time worrying about the conflict.

I know, not particularly deep insight, but it really does seem that simple.

People have picked sides, but I don't see as much bickering as when Twilicorn was first announced. I'd just like to say that people need to stop saying that the haters are 'wrong' for disliking it. If it wasn't for the idea that we're in a 'fandom' people wouldn't care if you stopped watching a show if it took a direction you didn't like. I still think we'll have plenty of haters by the time season 4 is over, except they won't be vocal about it. They'll accept that, "OK, I just don't like this show as much anymore," or they'll have stopped watching.

For about a week before the finale I'd managed to convince myself that I didn't mind the change and that I should trust the writers. That delusion was swiftly shattered after watching the S3 finale and hating it. As of right now, I'm still planning to watch season 4, but I have a really bad feeling that I'll end up disliking the show, and that scares me. Joining this fandom was one of the best things I've done, and I'd hate for the happiness to end. I really, really hope that the writers can blow me away, because I desperately want to be proved wrong.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hi guys. I'm a supporter for Alicorn Twilight, and I will continue to support the show of course, but.... for what I've seen... if the war against the haters wasn't enough, now the fandom is in war with itself. Sostenitors or haters for Twilight alicorns insult between themselves, I've seen so many negativity everywhere I went, and the positivity of all the fandom has all been lost.... what is happened to us? Are we the fans or the haters? Bronies magically are turned into complete jerks for what? A pair of wings? I'm very disappointed about you guys.... this is not the fandom I used to love months ago....[/size]

It's just a schism, every fandom goes through at least one. This ones been through a few; Derpy, Cadance and Shining Armour and now finally Twicorn. Given a bit of time it'll recover and the whole thing will seem stupid.

I personally haven't really seen any of this hate apart from the odd post (which mostly came from one person it seems).

The fandom has changed a lot since it started, but the core remains the same not to worry.

Bear in mind though that many of those comments will be from when the actual event happened as it happened and emotions were running high. Things have cooled off a lot since then.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

When I first heard about the change, I knew for certain Twilight was ready to be an Alicorn. Even though MLP has a long way to go, more doors have been opened because of this change. I still don't get it why people fuss over changes like this. 

Every fandom goes through tough times. Or even war.

But i think this whole Alicorn Twilight thing is starting to get outta hand.

First the bronies got butthurt over Twilight. *formerly myself*. Then they start a conflict with the other bronies.

I do not blame Hasbro, its their show and they can do whatever the heck they want. 

We just need to put our hooves down and stop this war once and for all.

i agree. the War must stop. we must keep our negitive opinions about other fans to ourselves. its ok to have mixed feelings about a subject (in this case "Alicorn Twilight") whether you like her this way or not, we dont have to put others down for their opinions. im all for Alicorn Twilight, and i have never put anypony down for being different about it. my borther has mixed feelings about her and i like to discuss theories WITH him not against him.

• Brohoof 1

There really isn't two warring sides to this. There's the people who accept what happened and will roll with the changes and the people who can't deal with the change and bring negativity back into their frustration. Change happens, just deal with it. It wouldnt be so bad but having a 3-6 month break between seasons makes the issue even more volatile. I understand it's frustrating not being able to control the quality and direction of this show but that's up to the creative team behind this show to let us know in season 4. People just have to wait and see, stay calm and flutter on.

• Brohoof 1