Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A fandom in war... a useless war...

MK15

(edited)

Change happens, just deal with it. 

Yes but not all change is good especially change simply for its own sake. With that said it is way too soon to tell  whether or not this change will actually work out so despite my reservations I am waiting to see what happens in season 4.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I know the whole Twilicorn drama is stupid and useless but, it's not a war. It's more of a ridiculous sediment, that as time goes by people will quickly forget about it. If we were at war, the fandom will be split into two groups.

• Group 1: People that support Twilicorn
  • Group 2: People that don't support Twilicorn

Oh wait, that's already happening! Fandoms go through a lot of stuff from time to time, but as for this whole drama situation I wouldn't say that we need a nuclear war to resolve it.

(edited)

If Season 3 didn't suck so much my views might be different. Every moment in a Season 3 episode is just a bunch of ponies flailing around trying to distract you from the main story because the main thesis is bad. Let Twilicorn be the tone to how bad it's going to get.

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry bro, It'll eventually pass, this. Happened before, although it was so big and that provocative.

I myself am a Anti Twilicorn, I am well aware my "complaining" won't do much, but I still disaprove of this change. If it's just a pair of wings that'll do no change at all.... Why did they make it? I still look forward to the next season, I lost some hope on it, but I'll remain neutral about the season soon to come.

(Excuse my spelling, I'm on my phone xL)

• Brohoof 1

I honestly will not say that this is a war. Just regular disagreement.

There is group of pony who support Twilicorn, group that want her turn back in unicorn, and group, that doesnt know where they belong. Just three diferent groups with different opinions on one situation. So far i never seen that somepony tryied hardly to convince other to their side - afterall there is so much opinions, as much pon... peop.... eem... i think u get it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@ MK15: I think you're exaggerating in a big way here. The fandom is not at war. Nobody's been flamed, nobody's been banned, and few people-if any-have left.

When a fan community disagrees over a big change to a program, this is as good as it gets. I've seen fan wars that got personal, consumed entire boards and disrupted their day-to-day business. We are not those fans and this is not that board.

MLPF is doing just fine. Besides, there aren't just two sides to the Twilicorn issue; there are many. So it's not a war; it's a squabble. Yeah, that's a good word. Occasionally, we have squabbled. But no harm done. Things are a lot brighter when you leave the Twilicorn section and come up for air. :D

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 3

I'll say overall that Season 3 was disappointing to me but sometimes shows have a seaon which doesn't work well but they shed some skin, have some growing pains, and get back on track. Really I'm not likely going to warm up a whole lot to season 3 after the fact but it's really all about whether they recover in season 4 and make Twilicorn a new and interesting plotline or if they continue to make good storytelling priority #2 or 3.

(edited)

Don't worry, every fandom goes through enormous stages of extreme stupidity and (I have a right to say this, seeing as how I have it and the actual definition includes hatred/dislike of change) autism.

Personally, I used to be a pro-Twilicorn, but now I'm on the, "I don't care. Get over it, all of you." Side of things.

Oh god, I just realized this will be happening for the next few months.

Edited by Winnebago

Every fandom goes through tough times. Or even war.

But i think this whole Alicorn Twilight thing is starting to get outta hand.

First the bronies got butthurt over Twilight. *formerly myself*. Then they start a conflict with the other bronies.

I do not blame Hasbro, its their show and they can do whatever the heck they want. 

We just need to put our hooves down and stop this war once and for all.

And, the only way we can is if we do what Hal's Emerald Attack Team and Retake Mass Effect did with their respective franchises, and protest against Hasbro and the writers, telling them to change Twilight back. They know that if they make mistakes like Princess Twilicorn, they'll only piss off a huge majority of bronies, and even turn them against each other like they did right now. Their only solace is to change Twilight back to unicorn, possibly by setting up a situation that has Twilight decide between friends and royalty, and picking the former as a result.

Even Jim Sterling couldn't have said it any better than myself, not just with video games like in the following link, but also all products and media in-general: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6187-Why-Boycotts-Fail-Where-Whining-Tantrums-Win#

I think its totally okay to be butthurt, heck I was too, but I didn't go around squabbling or complaining all the time.
The problem isn't the reaction, its the fact that everyone was at eachother's throats because contrasting opinions will ALWAYS result in arguing. 
We can't blame the show, or the writers, we can only blame the fandom for being jerks to everyone with opposite views, but I guess the level-headed ones that accept opinions will be alright, and the others will just leave.

• 7 years later...
On 3/6/2013 at 4:50 PM, Fluttershyfan94 said:

I hardly notice the Twilicorn drama anymore. I'm still positive about this fandom and there are still positive people in this fandom.. People just need to think about something else then this alicorn thing. I did not like the alicorn idea, but you don't see me being all "butthurt" about it. Seriously, it was what Lauren Faust wanted (Twilight becoming "princess", Celestias successor), if that's not good enough for you, then what is?

Just stop thinking about Twilicorn and everything will be all right.. I still remember it, when we saw that sticker, "humm Twilight as an alicorn" That led to everyone realizing that Twilight would possibly become an alicorn in the finals. This drama has been going on ever since.. Can't we just all agree to wait until season 4 premieres. I don't really care anymore about this Twilicorn thing..

I have not been noticing too much of negativity, at least not too much of it on this forum.. Just stop worrying about it. My message to everyone: "Everything is going to be just fine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sXdBPJcro

Hello @Fluttershyfan94, nice to see you around the 2013s, the "butthurt" year?

We are getting Pony Life soon, and I wonder if the fandom is going to get into this state again? Are we going to get people saying "I'm going to leave the fandom/leave the forum" etc?

I wasn't part of the whole 2013 drama, though I felt its effect though countless Youtube channels of MLP disappeared, and people weren't as interested in Bronies anymore.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

We are getting Pony Life soon, and I wonder if the fandom is going to get into this state again? Are we going to get people saying "I'm going to leave the fandom/leave the forum" etc?

I wasn't part of the whole 2013 drama, though I felt its effect though countless Youtube channels of MLP disappeared, and people weren't as interested in Bronies anymore.

People are passionate in the fandom, therefore these dramas. Would not be that surprised if you had people saying they'll leave over that. Yet I believe the fandom today is more the diehard fans.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

There are doomfags always. Most were right when they thought the show was about to fall face first in quality, but is no biggie. If they want to drop because of a spin-off, I can show them the way out. We don't need bronies with so little compromise to the thing.

• Brohoof 1

The subject of discussion is often but an excuse for people to express their most basic nature. Hatred being within human nature. And being a fan does not exclude from this condition. Still, it does feel good to pretend like you are above someone else. "Haters" in this case. Ignorance is such a blessing, and such a curse.

Watching the whole series in one go and not looking hearing at what other people see or say made me enjoy the show....past bronies are toxic... Thats why i joined the heard when there were less of them. Twilight as a unicorn was good she deserved it..... Don't know why hate on someones success...oh wait because theyre bitter....

2 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Watching the whole series in one go and not looking hearing at what other people see or say made me enjoy the show....past bronies are toxic... Thats why i joined the heard when there were less of them. Twilight as a unicorn was good she deserved it..... Don't know why hate on someones success...oh wait because theyre bitter....

Past bronies build up the fandom you enjoy nowadays. So yeah, we were shit, reckless assholes with spare time and too many emotional issues at the time. We took a leap and went through many internet dramas and didn't give in. Music, art, animation and fanfiction, along with sites such as eqd. Nice knowing newbloods think they are better off without us.

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

You know that Hasbro got Miss America to present Magical Mystery Cure live? That Twilight's ascension might just have been a quick board meeting for quick $? But they couldn't fool the Bronies. And I don't think the Bronies recovered after that.

She was supposed to become a Princess, yes, but what if Miss America was available only during the end of Season 1, would you have accepted wings at the end of Season 1? Think about it.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Splashee said:

You know that Hasbro got Miss America to present Magical Mystery Cure live? That Twilight's ascension might just have been a quick board meeting for quick $? But they couldn't fool the Bronies. And I don't think the Bronies recovered after that.

She was supposed to become a Princess, yes, but what if Miss America was available only during the end of Season 1, would you have accepted wings at the end of Season 1? Think about it.

This here is a big part of the whole thing. You don't bring up a celebrity of that caliber just to present a mediocre-at-best episode that also destroyed the expected end of the show proposed by the creator. It was rushed and just a cashgrab and felt terrible. Season 3 was far too short and set up many plots for upcomming seasons and then they just fucked up big time with the biggest goal put onto the main character. Think Naruto becomming hokage just after the genin test. That rushed it was. We couldn't enjoy her development for longer, and that's the main issue. We didn't have old unicorn twilight anymore, but alicorn princess of friendship instead. She had barely kept her friends for longer than 2 seasons and she had already received the title of princess. Newbloods don't see it, but the whole princess title is a humble term used in the show to refer to goddesses of certain concepts. They use princess just for the same reason they don't use Queen in-show; princess is a kid friendly term, while both goddess and queen are not. They have HUUUUUUGE connotations.

Besides, the whole thing was stupid. She won princesshood from fucking up her friends, and then "solving" the problem. Is like if you go break a glass on a store and then get paid a good amount of money for replacing it.

• Brohoof 2

Yes..... Why would i care about that?  Just to ruin the show for me? Do you think the kids would care? I think they won't even know the reason behind this... Heck I don't know why they would do that... Don't care. The magical cure was awesome love the song happy for twilight... Too bad us humans did something political about it...

1 minute ago, Kujamih said:

Yes..... Why would i care about that?  Just to ruin the show for me? Do you think the kids would care? I think they won't even know the reason behind this... Heck I don't know why they would do that... Don't care. The magical cure was awesome love the song happy for twilight... Too bad us humans did something political about it...

That there is the big huge problem with modern FiM writing. Why are we supposed to treat kids like if they were dumbasses who don't analyze and think things through? Kids can get tired of dumb arguments such as the whole plot on Magical Mistery Cure. The first 2 seasons had higher quality writing and it not only got bronies to like the show, but actual little boys. MCM was lazy and rushed. Most of the plot didn't make sense and the excuse felt far too short to achieve such rank. You don't give a medal of honor to a bootcamper for cleaning a toilet, you give it to someone who did something that changed the course of history.

And no, nobody cares about if you feel the show is ruined from taking an objetive critique on a bad episode the way it is and with a grain of salt. And we didn't do anything political about it. Some guys decided they didn't want to watch the rest of the show after the lame episode, some others like myself stayed to watch whatever they could offer afterwards. It was not a huge "I hate you for not liking the episode", but rather a "I think is shit and I'm leaving", "I think is shit but not enough to drive me away" or "I think it was ok and I'm staying".

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I don't get it...why can't you guys be more forgiving? Sure twilight made that mess..but she didn't mean it... It would be a good show if they started punching the hell out of twilight though....:)

We are forgiving, that's why we are here :coco:

7 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

This here is a big part of the whole thing. You don't bring up a celebrity of that caliber just to present a mediocre-at-best episode that also destroyed the expected end of the show proposed by the creator. It was rushed and just a cashgrab and felt terrible. Season 3 was far too short and set up many plots for upcomming seasons and then they just fucked up big time with the biggest goal put onto the main character. Think Naruto becomming hokage just after the genin test. That rushed it was. We couldn't enjoy her development for longer, and that's the main issue. We didn't have old unicorn twilight anymore, but alicorn princess of friendship instead. She had barely kept her friends for longer than 2 seasons and she had already received the title of princess. Newbloods don't see it, but the whole princess title is a humble term used in the show to refer to goddesses of certain concepts. They use princess just for the same reason they don't use Queen in-show; princess is a kid friendly term, while both goddess and queen are not. They have HUUUUUUGE connotations.

Besides, the whole thing was stupid. She won princesshood from fucking up her friends, and then "solving" the problem. Is like if you go break a glass on a store and then get paid a good amount of money for replacing it.

So true.

FIM had everything going for it, and it ended on a high with A Canterlot Wedding, having everyone watching the show, talking about it. Then behind the scenes, Lauren Faust was fired, and Hasbro started taking down YouTube videos.

It wasn't until season 5 episode 100 that the fans were recognized, way too late. And most of those writers left the show at that point leaving it up to a Hasbro executive's pet to finish the series, but at least he kept Lyra Bonbon a couple.

And all of this, and I didn't even have to bring up the dreaded wings! :ButtercupLaugh: