Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Elder Scrolls Series {Including Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO!}

Mint Petal

Well, since Skyrim, the fifth installment of The Elder Scrolls game came out today, it's only appropriate to make a thread on such. Feel free to talk about all things Elder Scrolls, not just Skyrim, but Oblivion and Morrowind as well!

Well, since Skyrim, the fifth installment of The Elder Scrolls game came out today, it's only appropriate to make a thread on such. Feel free to talk about all things Elder Scrolls, not just Skyrim, but Oblivion and Morrowind as well!

I wish I had the money to buy it ._.
  • Brohoof 3

Poor Skyrim is absolutely riddled with bugs and animation errors right now, but it's still pretty fun. I'm sure they'll patch up the small bugs long before I decide to buy it rather than rent it.

Poor Skyrim is absolutely riddled with bugs and animation errors right now, but it's still pretty fun. I'm sure they'll patch up the small bugs long before I decide to buy it rather than rent it.

I believe that Oblivion had a lot of the same issues at launch. Nothing a few quick patches can't fix.

I believe that Oblivion had a lot of the same issues at launch. Nothing a few quick patches can't fix.

Oblivion was almost unplayable after the first patch launched and caused the loading times to drag on forever. Then they patched it again in like a day and it was all shiny and good. It only took about 3 days to fix the most glaring issues of Oblivion, but they never quite fixed them all (there's just too much stuff).

I bet Skyrim will be the same, only without the odd drawback of extended loading times. (I'm playing on the 360, by the way... I dunno if any of that is the same for PC or PS3 versions of either of these games.)

Oblivion was almost unplayable after the first patch launched and caused the loading times to drag on forever. Then they patched it again in like a day and it was all shiny and good. It only took about 3 days to fix the most glaring issues of Oblivion, but they never quite fixed them all (there's just too much stuff).

I bet Skyrim will be the same, only without the odd drawback of extended loading times. (I'm playing on the 360, by the way... I dunno if any of that is the same for PC or PS3 versions of either of these games.)

Ah, Yeah I am getting the 360 version. I hope that by the time I buy it, it will be less buggy.

Ah, Yeah I am getting the 360 version. I hope that by the time I buy it, it will be less buggy.

Well, the good news is that basically the only bugs (that I've run into, at least) are animation bugs where they just kinda don't play out right. They're all over the place, but the game is still very playable and fun.

Skyrim looks awesome. If I could buy it right now I would but I'm saving my money for something else.

Whatcha saving up for, Apple Bloom?

Just saying..... It looks awesome on PC!! Every graphic setting at MAX. ^^

Do the characters jerk around a bit occasionally and other such graphical oddities on the PC version? That's the only real problem I've seen so far (other than the first dragon I fought being silly and attacking thin air).

Several things. Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda: Skyward Sword (both of which I have preordered so I intend to get on day 1), and this camera.

Super Mario 3D Land looks really fun, and I'm definitely going to rent it, but I probably won't be actually buying a new game until Mario Kart 7 comes out. I'm so anxious for that. ^^

Also, that's a pretty cool looking camera. O.o For only $160, too. I paid $120 for mine and I don't get HD Recording.

I'm gonna get Skyrim for Christmas. For the PC though, so that when they stop fixing the errors (which is what they did with Oblivion), somepony else will come along and fix them in an add on (which is what happened in Oblivion).

Do the characters jerk around a bit occasionally and other such graphical oddities on the PC version? That's the only real problem I've seen so far (other than the first dragon I fought being silly and attacking thin air).

Super Mario 3D Land looks really fun, and I'm definitely going to rent it, but I probably won't be actually buying a new game until Mario Kart 7 comes out. I'm so anxious for that. ^^

Also, that's a pretty cool looking camera. O.o For only $160, too. I paid $120 for mine and I don't get HD Recording.

Actually no, i haven't had a single graphic issue yet. ^^

Where can you rent 3DS games?

I found that camera in a newspaper article. It's supposed to be waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, 1080p, and at a price point I can actually afford. It was a must buy as soon as I saw it. I'm not even comparing models.

Oh wait, I'm straying off topic. Um... Skyrim, yeah. When I get it, it'll be the ps3 version. Hope it's not too inferior to the PC version.

Edited by Apple Bloom

Where can you rent 3DS games?

I found that camera in a newspaper article. It's supposed to be waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, 1080p, and at a price point I can actually afford. It was a must buy as soon as I saw it. I'm not even comparing models.

Well, we have a Media Store known as Hastings around here that rents out games to all 'current' consoles (PSP, DS, 3DS, 360, Wii, PS3). It's a pretty cool place. :P

Actually no, i haven't had a single graphic issue yet. ^^

Well, lucky you. XP

I want to get Skyrim, but it might just be a bit too expensive for me now, plus, my crap computer wouldn't be able to take its memory usage and graphics. This thing lagged like hell with Portal...

Once my new computer is set up, I should be able to play this normally.

Edited by Flaedr

I'm just happy that conversations appear to flow allot more naturally in Skyrim. It always felt so awkward when I spoke to a character and time would freeze, to be met with a close up of a robotic facial expression, that looked identical to the person I killed just around the corner moments ago.

So there's a better facial structure engine?

Better facial structure engine? Yes. Very much so.

The facial animations and designs are a lot better, and people don't look ungodly ugly in this game like they did in Oblivion (Uriel Septim comes especially to mind for ugliness). People are generally more of a pleasure to talk to and see.

I'm just happy that conversations appear to flow allot more naturally in Skyrim. It always felt so awkward when I spoke to a character and time would freeze, to be met with a close up of a robotic facial expression, that looked identical to the person I killed just around the corner moments ago.

Yeah, I like how they improved that from videos I have seen. I am also loving how they improved the 3rd person perspective, as I like to use it now and then. (I love the armors!) But probably the thing I love the most, is how diverse Skyrim is. It has many more scenery elements in different areas than the other Elder Scrolls.

Okay, now tell me of the so-called unique dungeons. They said they would be handcrafting every single dungeon in the game. Anyone got any experience in them yet? Do they truly look handcrafted or are they generated like in Oblivion?