Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Elder Scrolls Series {Including Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO!}

Mint Petal

Never played any except for Skyrim, which in my opinion is amazing, so if was Oblivion was ten times better, HOW GOOD IS MORROWIND?!

It is had to decide which is better because they are so different. It is like asking which flavor of ice cream you like best, chocolate or vanilla? They are both similar because they are ice cream, but they are really different that you can't decide except for which you prefer. I personally prefer Skyrim out of them all, but Morrowind is so good too.

Oh god I'm in love with the TES-series.

I started to play Oblivion 2006 when I was 8 and I was absolutely amazed by the graphics, the story, the environment, just... Everything. Nothing will replace that feeling when you stepped outside the sewers for the first time. It was so beautiful :wub: It's still my favorite videogame.

2 years after playing Oblivion non-stop I played Morrowind GOTY for the first time. I bought it for 10 bucks.

I loved it already from the beginning of the game. I played for 6 hours straight and I just loved it. One thing that I hate with Morrowind is that you don't have map markers... I have a extremely bad sense of direction so I didn't like that.

But I like that in Oblivion - you become a hero. In Morrowind - you become a GOD.

But... Skyrim.... Nah. Sure, I like it but... I've played it for 160 hours, level 53 and completed all factions, but I still think Oblivion is better. I don't know why.

For me I'm stuck between Oblivion And Skyrim I love oblivion's quests but the leveling system does confuse me sometimes and the character creator is,well a bit strange my first attempt at making a character came out as a guy with a peculiar hairstyle and colossal nose.

Being the first game that I played I do play Skyrim the most,the graphics are amazing,And the game its self Is very addictive (I recently had to delete about 800 Skyrim saves I had) but some things about the game do bug me like repetitive dungeons,the peculiar textures and the Way annoying bugs that I get.

But Bethesda makes up for this with Giga-awesome DLC like shivering isles and Dawnguard

Also anypony know where would be the best place to buy Morrowind for the Xbox offline I've checked multiple game shops but didn't find anything.

So... How 'bout that Elder Scroll Online MMO? Anypony here gonna get it? If its looks good i might get it. i would like to see how they did it and travel all across Tamriel.

Also anypony know where would be the best place to buy Morrowind for the Xbox offline I've checked multiple game shops but didn't find anything.

There's a copy at the card store I go to. Next time you're in northern Utah you should come check it out. :lol: Or you can just call them up and ask if they can ship it to you or something.

Here's their website just for lulz http://gamegridgaming.com/

Edited by shotoku

So... How 'bout that Elder Scroll Online MMO? Anypony here gonna get it? If its looks good i might get it. i would like to see how they did it and travel all across Tamriel.

Maybe. If it is subscription based, then no I will not. But if it is either free-to-play or a one-time purchase I might just get it. Of course, if there is a demo/trial I will play that first to make the final decition. And if I do purchase it I will go with Nords, seeing as the Imperials are not playable ;(

Topic change~

What does everyone's current character look like? [Going off the last game/save you played?]

Lol, I recently started a new one at my friends place, so I'm only like level 7 or so. The one before that is really nice though, ~lvl 30 thief build. I've been making money in the Thieves Guild for the house in Solitude. I've recently become the Thieves Master and am currently looking for the Stones of Barenziah. I'm a female Imperial for money reasons. (10% prices with opposite sex and Imperial Luck paired with Golden touch) finish them off the the Thieves Master armour and the Haggling perk itself and I'm good. I've also taken a liking to the Emperor's side in the civil war, strictly to keep Jarl Bargruff.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm gonna get it even thought on my computer it will be laggy as hell.I'm actually interested in seeing all the various places before they were destroyed ie: Winterhold before the great collapse.

Maybe. If it is subscription based, then no I will not. But if it is either free-to-play or a one-time purchase I might just get it. Of course, if there is a demo/trial I will play that first to make the final decition. And if I do purchase it I will go with Nords, seeing as the Imperials are not playable ;(

Well they have to stay true to the lore. And this is BEFORE the empire and the Septims so no empire i guess no imperials. That would make sense.

Hopefully its a one time purchase. i doubt it will be free to play. I don't like when games have subscriptions.

Well they have to stay true to the lore. And this is BEFORE the empire and the Septims so no empire i guess no imperials. That would make sense.

Hopefully its a one time purchase. i doubt it will be free to play. I don't like when games have subscriptions.

Actually, the Imperials are the Cyro-Nordics of olden times, the decendents of the Nedic and Nordic people who were once slaves to the Ayleids and as a race they appeared before the Septims. Reman Cyrodiil for example, was a Colovian Cyro-Nordic and he lived in the 1st era. Tiber Septim just intodiced the name Imperial. Before that they were known as Cyro-Nordics(as mentioned above), Cyrodilics and Cyrodiils.

Edit: http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil Source on the land of Cyrodiil and how the Colovians and the Nibenese, both which are two different cultures within the Imperial Race, can be traced back to the 1st Era and the Alessian Order.

Edited by Tdroid

• 6 months later...

ElderScrolls_Logo.png

Do you enjoy exploring the ruins of long-forgotten races? Do you enjoy killing cat men, lizard men, and various others? Do you enjoy closing gates? Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Did you use to be an adventurer, until you tragically took an arrow in the knee? Are you now made I actually said an old meme? Then this topic is for you, that's right, welcome to the Elder Scrolls thread! Devoted to the series, it's games, and lore!

Now that we've introduced this thread, let's start some discussion! First one to kick start this thread, what's your favorite race in the series? Playable and Non. I personally love the Argonian race, cause well, Lizard men are fun, and they're pretty balanced and fun to play. Especially in Skyrim, an Argonian can play just about any sort of build thanks to their ability! My favorite nonplayable is the Tsaeci. A race of vampiric gold snake people is really awesome! Not to mention how fearsome they are in the lore, with their power to eat both men and dragons, and enslave the local goblins to feed on. Heck, one apparently also ruled the Empire for a short time as well as began the second era, before being assassinated  A cool race to say the least, and I await the day they appear in the games.

• Brohoof 1

Well out of the Elder Scrolls series, I have only played Oblivion and Skyrim. Oblivion is my favorite out of the two, I played it a whole bunch. Skyrim, on the other hand, i got bored of really quickly for some reason. Maybe because I had played the crap out of Oblivion lol. 

• Brohoof 1

I've played Skyrim, Oblivion and a bit Morrowind. Oblivion is my most played game and I easily have around 1K hours (!) spent on it.

Although I love this franchise, it is getting dumbed down and being targeted towards casual kid gamers lately, it's kind of ruining the RPG experience

• Brohoof 1

I played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, I like Oblivion the most, and have put many hours into playing it (And even doing some modding, including one I'm working on that will add Equestria!)

For some reason, I love playing as an Argonian, and for creatures, my least favorite are wraiths, that is, until I got the mod that allowed me to become a Necromancer.

(edited)

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim

I played Oblivion first, then Skyrim, i tried to play Morrowind, but after playing its sequels first, it was a lot too different to handle than O and S

I've always played as a Nord

post-7223-0-29805200-1362603611.jpg

this is my Skyrim character (modded)

post-7223-0-92184900-1362603702_thumb.jpg

I'm also a warrior but sometimes i do thing stealthy

Edited by ParsoOfEquestria

• 3 months later...

I love the elder scrolls series, and while i could never get into morrowind, i thoroughly enjoyed oblivion and skyrim.

And am i the only bloody one who like Oblivion better then Skyrim?

I swear i'm alone in this.

morrowind was the first elder scrolls i ever had. i would spend hours upon hours till like 4 in the morning. there are way more magic weapons than skyrim and oblivion and its probably my favorite.

I've always played as a Nord

Nords are my favorite race. The best warriors in all of Tamriel!

I have played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I find Skyrim to be the most fun out of the three. The scenery, combat system, finishers, dual wielding, dragon shouts, the quests, etc. That being said, I still love Oblivion and Morrowind. In fact, I would rank Morrowind right under Skyrim. I found the music in Morrowind to be better. I also enjoyed the many weapons, magic spells, and armors you could choose from. The combat system I found to be "meh". I didn't like it too much. Finally, I liked the story in both Morrowind and Oblivion more so than the one in Skyrim. Oblivion has my favorite story.

I love The Elder Scroll Series and can't wait for ESO!wub.png

I gotta say I prefer Skyrim, the gameplay is much better than Morrowind and Oblivion (remember the broken levelling?). I'm not a fan of the Radiant quest system though, there are so many quest-breaking bugs that it's almost impossible to do a perfect playthrough without help from the wiki. You have to look up every location, make sure that clearing it won't make another quest impossible to complete, and you have to watch what you pick up to avoid grabbing a quest item before starting said quest....ugh.

• 6 years later...

I'm actually updating ESO right now since I haven't been playing it for two or so years...  Might stay up all night waiting for it to install everything... :Cozy:

I think I'm going to restart the game since it's been a while...

I used to play Skyrim a lot but I think one of my mods is making the game crash constantly, idk what's going on with it but I've been playing F4 while waiting for some suspected mods to update.  Here's my boy.  I like playing bosmer or some other mer most of the time.  I used to play a lot of redguard before but I always go back to the elves.  I was thinking of restarting him at some point, maybe give him a bit of a makeover for old time's sake and not to mention, I've pretty much done everything with him at this point and I'm running out of stuff to do.

20190825153348_1.jpg

20190804145533_1.jpg

Fan since Morrowind~ Daggerfall would be my favorite if not for the game breaking bugs. I really like Oblivion and Skyrim too. Never played Arena or ESO

No way to get a pic of my broken, OP Morrowind character since no PC rn so here's my Khajiit vampire in Skyrim

20181103_134855.jpg

I've put hundreds of hours into Skyrim, most of which were on Xbox 360. I always play as a Khajiit no matter what type of character I'm playing. Mage, fighter, archer, whatever. I'm picking the cat-person.

I got to beta test ESO, but I didn't really like it. It felt like every other MMORPG to me.

I played Morrowind when it was given out for free on the 25th anniversary or whatever it was, but I didn't like that one very much either.

And I played Oblivion for like ten minutes, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the cell after creating my character :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Booker

• 3 months later...