1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

This was a pretty good way to introduce the series.

While it is not my favorite 2 parter I feel that the introduction of the characters in part 1 was well done.

And I really like the speech Twilight gave to Nightmare Moon when she realized that the mane 6 were her friends.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Its the Pilot Show that did exactly what it was meant to do 
- Introduce the Setting
- Introduce the main protagonist

- Introduce the main characters alongside the protagonist

- Have the epic villain who is easily defeated 

- Introduce the authority figure 

What more could you ask for?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think it should be edited together with the second half as a roughly 45 minute feature, hell i'd pay for that on dvd.

id love to see all the seasons on Blu ray!(and DVD)also im sure im not the only one who hates seeing barbie all over their Netflix page.

• Brohoof 1

This wasn't my first episode (Castle Mane-ia was), but it's an amazing pilot. There have been better two-parters since then, but this one does its job and it does its job well. I already kind of knew the characters but it really helped me gain some sense of what the show is all about.

• Brohoof 2

This wasn't my first episode (Castle Mane-ia was), but it's an amazing pilot. There have been better two-parters since then, but this one does its job and it does its job well. I already kind of knew the characters but it really helped me gain some sense of what the show is all about.

Unlike a lot of modern bronies this actually was my first episode, and I'd have to agree with you there, it did do its job well

• Brohoof 3

I always wonder if there was a backstory where Discord had a hoof in turning Princess Luna against her sister, sort of like the biblical story of the snake in the Garden of Eden? Perhaps he may have been in another form, urging Princess Luna on, rather than the Dragon like form we're used to.

Edited by Darthy Hooves
  • Brohoof 2

I always wonder if there was a backstory where Discord had a hoof in turning Princess Luna against her sister, sort of like the biblical story of the snake in the Garden of Eden? Perhaps he may have been in another form, urging Princess Luna on, rather than the Dragon like form we're used to.

Interesting theory. :)

I never thought of that. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Going back to watching the show again after 3 years, I started it from here, first season, first episode. AND OH BOY IS IT A LOT MORE ENJOYABLE, I can appreciate things like animations a lot more, I'm trying to go more in-depth on all the information I get and looking at the story from this perspective seems a lot more enjoyable to me... First two episodes are really REALLY good imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah memories.

I especially loved Twilight's (mis)adventures when first entering Ponyville. I loved all of the characters intros, but her interactions with Fluttershy and Spike were priceless. I also liked that later seasons did not forget it and used it for reference in future stories.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it's appropriate or cool to try revive this topic, but I just re-watched the 2 pilot episodes and they're really giving me the warm-and-fuzzies! I think they're really well-made and their narrative simplicity is a great introduction to the show and is a great hook. The good vs. evil/ day vs. night set-up is a conflict everyone can understand on a primal level. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I already watched them all in English, so now I'm watching them all again in European Spanish because I have relatives in Gibraltar and my heritage is pretty mixed tho. Decent stuff. The good old times when Hasbro didn't suck and MLP was still something new and fresh. It's refreshing to enjoy some nostalgia from time to time. I'm obviously bilingual. We wuz pirates and we wuz Conquerors too. What can I say about Nightmare Moon and the very first episodes of the show? They wasted Nightmare Moon a bit and I don't like she got BTFO'ed so easily (like when Chrysalis defeated Celestia with a single blow), but overall epsiode introducing the main characters was pretty OK. My favorite season will always be Season 2, but yet Season 1 had great episodes too I enjoyed like Party of One (lol) and those SUPEREDGY Discord episodes featuring the greatest MLP villain ever conceived.

Back in Season 1 Discord was still the damn boss.

Luna is a bit too emo. It's a show for little girls and eveything, but I had appreciated more villains and a bit more action. I clearly prefer Nightmare Moon over sad feelsy Luna.

Still 8'5/10. Would poni poni again.

Edited by Megalomaniac

Yay! I'm finally in! Woot!

Ok so first of all, this episode was the first one that my love interest at the time had me watch to see if I even liked the show. As that's the case, this one will always have a special place in my heart. In general, I think it's a strong episode on its own anyway.