• Search

Register now to remove this ad.

S01:E01+E02 - Friendship is Magic

Pilot Episode 1

• Please log in to reply
  • Go to first unread post
306 replies to this topic

Poll: S01:E01+E02 - Friendship is Magic (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you like it?

1. No I hated it! >:( (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

2. I didn't like it. (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

3. Meh. It was ok. (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

4. I liked it! (48 votes [30.97%])

Percentage of vote: 30.97%

5. I LOVED IT! <3 (80 votes [51.61%])

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 Lita

Lita

Blank Flank

• Blank Flanks

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

Watched the first episode, thinking it was gonna be another stupid kids' show to calm me down, and hopefully bore me to sleep, but was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I loved the almost, 'fairy tale' style of the episodes. By the end of both episodes, I was completely convinced that it was not just a 'show that only little girls watch' afterwards. (Even though I am a little girl, but I'm not like 6 years old or anything, so I'm not that little, but still little in the sense that I'm under 18. Nevermind, please ignore this.)

Also, this is really stupid, but when I was introduced to Fluttershy, I almost cried because I felt like I finally found a character in a show that I could relate to. (I suffer from severe social anxiety.)

Register now to remove this ad.

#302 GrimGrimoire

GrimGrimoire

Changeling

• Donors

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Watched the first episode, thinking it was gonna be another stupid kids' show to calm me down, and hopefully bore me to sleep, but was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I loved the almost, 'fairy tale' style of the episodes. By the end of both episodes, I was completely convinced that it was not just a 'show that only little girls watch' afterwards. (Even though I am a little girl, but I'm not like 6 years old or anything, so I'm not that little, but still little in the sense that I'm under 18. Nevermind, please ignore this.)

Also, this is really stupid, but when I was introduced to Fluttershy, I almost cried because I felt like I finally found a character in a show that I could relate to. (I suffer from severe social anxiety.)

I kind of went into it with the same mindset... that it was going to be a dumb show for little kids or something and the best i could hope for was a solid laugh before changing the channel and forgetting about it... however... I too was surprised. With the very first episode i was actually intrigued and enjoyed it enough to want to see another, and then another.. and it just snowballed from there. So you are not alone in thinking the show was probably gonna be crap, and then discovering it most certainly is not.

Strangely enough it was also Fluttershy who hooked me, although Twilight became the character I gravitated towards because of similarities.

I think the intro did a perfect job of laying out the basic history, introducing the characters and building a world that is still growing to this day.

#303 GoddessRarity

GoddessRarity

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Once upon a time I was insecure about expressing my love for this show. I didn't know what people would think of me because of it. Then...I realized something...........I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FLUTTERSHY WHAT THEY THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MLP FIM LIFE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

large.png

#304 Zachary

Zachary

Phoenix

• Users

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

This episode got me into My Little Pony since I watched the 2nd Episode!

#305 Rarity the Supreme

Rarity the Supreme

Butterfly

• Users

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

My friends and peers were very confused when I informed them of my new passion for mlp. But you guys...you guys get it.

#306 LuminaraRose

LuminaraRose

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

Just rewatched the first four episodes with a friend (against his will, muah haha) and loved it even more. I also finally realized the whole episode is about being afraid of the dark/not wanting to go to bed. It only took me watching it 3 times for it to click :blush: . That made me like it even more since it's dealing with a real issue for it's target demo (ie, not me).

#307 Tropico

Tropico

Butterfly

• Users

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

I'm rewatching the show and I just watched these two. as a note: i rewatched all the season premieres/finales lots of times but the rest of episodes just once except a few ones that i love (specially rarity's ones :pout: ), but only rewatched them before summer 2015.  so rewatching them all now 2017 its pretty new and refreshing, cause i dont remember a lots of them and less their jokes xD so i laugh like its new xD

I remembered this premiere a lil less childish and more fast-paced, but still I loved to see the begging of the show. btw Seasons 5&6 tend to be hated saying they differ from the first seasons but they feel so much elaborated than the first ones, I love them too.

I love how grumpy and anti social is twilight at first. Also a lil shady. Recent seasons have a so much more bland twilight which is a shame. At least now we have starlight that she is a bit like first seasons twilight xD

Celestia knew about the profecy and sent twilight to make friends so she could defeat nightmare moon. But how she knew she could defeat her just making friends? And couldn't Celestia herself make some friends and defeat her? :orly:  XD

Also Apple jack telling twilight to trust her and let go at the riff and nothing more. I'm like wtf just tell her that the Pegasus will catch you! XD also I realized how egocentric and annoying rainbow dash its since EP 1 ugh I can't stand her worst pony imo

And I love the painted intro so much. Very beautiful. I wish they made more flashbacks/legends told with that style.

I enjoyed watching the episodes again tho. Very nice<3

Edited by Tropico, 20 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

Recent blog entries on this topic

"Friendship is Magic (Pilot)" Review/Analysis

By Dark Qiviut in Dark Qiviut's Columns, on 28 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Haven’t you ever felt like giving a fair review for episodes or movies that were the most nostalgic to you? That’s me as far as Friendship Is Magic, Parts 1 and 2 are concerned: They were the first two episodes I watched, and they officially made me into a brony. They’re not in my top ten, but they’re instilled into me, because without watching it, I wou...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users