• Search

Register now to remove this ad.

S01:E01+E02 - Friendship is Magic

Pilot Episode 1

• Please log in to reply
  • Go to first unread post
306 replies to this topic

Poll: S01:E01+E02 - Friendship is Magic (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you like it?

1. No I hated it! >:( (3 votes [1.94%])

Percentage of vote: 1.94%

2. I didn't like it. (1 votes [0.65%])

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

3. Meh. It was ok. (23 votes [14.84%])

Percentage of vote: 14.84%

4. I liked it! (48 votes [30.97%])

Percentage of vote: 30.97%

5. I LOVED IT! <3 (80 votes [51.61%])

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 LoveSparkle

LoveSparkle

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

The moment i watched it i loved it! It was amazing. I would watch ep1 and 2 over and over again for rest of my life :3

Register now to remove this ad.

#42 pinkiefan1287

pinkiefan1287

Changeling

• Users

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

The first episode got me into the show. The one thing I liked about it was that it was a part 1 part 2 episode. I never thought a show about ponies would have something like that. It had a great story and showed the charters very well. Also the song was great.

#43 twindmcmaster

twindmcmaster

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

those were the very first episodes to get me started liking MLP.

#44 OptimisticNeighsayer

OptimisticNeighsayer

Bunny

• Users

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

I thought the camera work, editing, animation, and voice acting was subpar in the first episode, even to the point where I stopped halfway through to seriously question the hype behind the show. I later skipped over to "The Ticket Master" and found the atmosphere much better improved and better captured my sense of whimsy. Looking back on it now, I can't help but wonder if the animation style and pacing of the first episode of the pilot was purposeful. I liked Twilight Sparkle from the start and deeply sympathized with her reactions to everything, and I would have probably nodded in delight when she declared, as I later would find out, "All the ponies in this town are crazy"! But then again, that's just me; and pilots, as others have noted, tend to be weaker than later episodes.

Edited by JustFairness, 07 August 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#45 Rainbow-

Rainbow-

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

E 01 wasn't interesting at all probably because the show had to introduce all 6 characters which took an entire episode to do, but E 02 was better since there was an actual story to the episode. I am surprised that these two episodes were the pilot episodes too! I wonder how MLP made it through... oh well, it made it through, no complaints here ;3

#46 Clarity

Clarity

Changeling

• Users

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Most underrated episode ever, this is actually an amazing opening to this beautiful world of ponies. Night Mare Moon was underrated too. One of my favorite episodes, actually. The way AJ earned her element was too rushed, though.

#47 Batbrony

Batbrony

The Derp Knight

• Poniverse Public Relations
  • Poniverse Public Relations: 2nd in Command & Fimfiction Lead

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'll say this right now, these are still not my favorite episodes in the series, and probably don't even break into my top 10, or even top 20. But, I will also say, I watched both episodes again at the beginning of fall, and this last time around, I actually enjoyed them more. I think it's because I've become so acquainted with the characters that at this point, I'm able to notice all these little things in the first two episodes that foreshadowed things to come, either with the characters or in the story itself (Pinkie Pie was especially far funnier in those first two than I remembered her being! And seeing the way she first, uh, "greets" Twilight, I can't help but sigh when I see that now and simply say, "Yeah, she would." :lol: ). I think my last time around watching them I also appreciated more just how well the writers established key character traits that have been fundamental to the Mane 6 throughout the entire series. Just made me appreciate all the more the fantastic writing in the show.

Edited by Batbrony, 10 October 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#48 Wandering Brony

Wandering Brony

The Crazy One

• Muffins

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

The first episodes got me hooked. I loved everything from the laughter, to how the girls come together and help each other out.

#49 Homura Akemi

Homura Akemi

Changeling

• Users

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

The first episode wasn't that great. But hey, it's the first episode, and usually the development comes in later. I guess I prefer part 2, but it would have been more epic if it went like this:

#50 HomuraBL

HomuraBL

Raccoon Mercenary

• Users

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I didn't really liked the pilot episodes. I continued watching because I made myself a 5 episode rule where I wouldn't judge the entire show. I think the only part that made me laugh was when they did a death fake out with Steven Magnet. I was laughing because I was confused on how they did that in a "Kids show." The characters also have a 2d personality in this episode. Rainbow Dash is the tomboy, Applejack is the standard country girl in every kids show, Rarity is that fashionista that we want dead, Twilight is the nerd, Fluttershy I don't know, and Pinkie Pie is the annoying one who the writers think is funny. (That last one was painful to write. Sorry Pinkie. ;_; ). Very glad I watched after this. Strangely, it was a life changing experience. :P

Edited by Viridi RaccoonBL, 13 October 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#51 Lightning Fluttershy

Lightning Fluttershy

First I park my Fluttershy, then sh** hits the fan

• Blank Flanks

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Meh they were the first episodes I ever watched but to be honest they weren't making a good impression. It wasn't until Ticket Master that I realized I was into this.

#52 Kelvocity

Kelvocity

Butterfly

• Users

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

The first time I watched the pilot episodes, I found them... interesting. There was something in it, I have no idea what it was, cuteness, characters, basically the pilot was for introducing the characters. They were the first episodes I watched, of course, I'm the kind of person that enjoys watching a TV show in order if I can (Unfortunately one of the reasons I haven't watched Doctor Who yet). But the first episodes were good enough for me to continue on and take a liking to the show and its wonderful characters. And I have to say, I enjoyed the pilots more than The Ticket Master.

#53 Radiance64

Radiance64

Pegasus

• Subscribers

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I thought the episodes were a good start to the series. The characters were intoduced well in the first one, and the second ep was a pretty fun adventure with a lot of great moments, it all came together beautifully imo.

Edited by SBB64, 03 December 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#54 Rocket_Rainboom6

Rocket_Rainboom6

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ah.. The very first episode what a blast I had with this episode just the first episode I found this episode exiting! I loved the part when Rainbow dash showed up and Pinkie Pie's too they made me laugh. and the second episode was my favorite ( all of them are my favorite :) )

#55 Anonmose

Anonmose

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

These are the episodes that got me into all of this, and I am liking it brohoof /)

#56 F2R_faris

F2R_faris

Cupcake

• Users

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

This is good episode for start but did you think Nightmare moon is stupid because she telll the mane6 ability one by one.

#57 RainbowDash2

RainbowDash2

Muffin

• Muffins

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

You dont under estamat RD's speed

#58 DaemoN67

DaemoN67

DaemoN67

• Blank Flanks

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

I was just wondering if anyone saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders at the end of part one... As Nightmare Moon is talking, they are seen huddling together under a curtain, yet they aren't supposed to know each other. 

#59 pennni

pennni

Parasprite

• Users

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Did anyone else think that the 6th element would be Friendship? The show really surprised me on this episode xD

#60 Zygen

Zygen

The Zygen One

• Users

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ah the first episode(Or episodes.) I actually liked the first episodes quite alot the first time watching, I mean after watching part 1 I had to watch part 2. And after watching that I had to see where the show went, and before I knew it I loved the show :D.

I still love the first two episodes, I think they're really good episodes, and I actually like Pinkies song to :D

Recent blog entries on this topic

"Friendship is Magic (Pilot)" Review/Analysis

By Dark Qiviut in Dark Qiviut's Columns, on 28 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Haven’t you ever felt like giving a fair review for episodes or movies that were the most nostalgic to you? That’s me as far as Friendship Is Magic, Parts 1 and 2 are concerned: They were the first two episodes I watched, and they officially made me into a brony. They’re not in my top ten, but they’re instilled into me, because without watching it, I wou...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users