282 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: why did Celestia let her sister rot on the moon for a thousand years without launching a rescue and rehab mission to un-evil her? Seriously. A thousand years. Her sister. Do you think Twilight is gonna sit around for a thousand years and write Rarity off?

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaah,that fateful day when I decided to watch MLP FiM. For the first few minutes I was like, 'What, why do people like this?' but further in I began to like it until I realised that I was a Brony.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

When i first watched this or my little pony: friendship is magic i was just like "eh no biggy" but by episode 5 i got totally sucked in.....right onw im rewatching all the seasons and I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• 2 weeks later...

The first 2 Episodes are usualy the ones which make or brake a show and episode 1 and 2 gave me mixed results. First of it introduced the mane characters (important), and gave us a general knowlage of their personality, and who they are. Secondly they gave a good build up to the apperance of the first antagonist and a good delivery of the apperance of nightmare moon. Finaly the defeat of the nightmare moon was great in the: build up, delivery, story, and even finding and using the Elements of Harmony to defeat nightmare moon was spot on. But loosing an antagonist so soon after meeting her was a bit of a downer, but the pros are more than cons, so all in all a good start. Almost everypony can agree on that.

Introduction episodes are notoriously tricky.  I think they did a good job with these though.  Sure, they aren't the strongest episodes in the series, but they got the job job done.  They introduced the characters, kept the exposition to a minimum, and introduced the broad theme of the series, which is friendship and working together

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this one because it was THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE AWESOMESS SHOW EVER. So I love it because Rainbow Dash gets to run or fly circles around Twilight but sadly for her only for ten seconds.(lol) I hope that everypony else liked it it was great NEPTUNE OUT

I very like this two-parter nad and I think it's very good opening to MLP:FiM series. For me the first part is a little better, because I think that it is well shown how Twilight meets all mane six and I love when Twilight gets irritated - then she always looks so adorable (especially in bed scene with pillow on her head :)).

The first episode really just puts twilight in the story without any background information other than that she's Celestia's student, and spike is her assistant. A little more background info could have been added for Twilight.

I like this episode because it has a lot of Luna backstory. I hope they have more backstory in season 4.. but overall, I like this episode because it was the first time the Elements saved Equestria.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really surprised when people say that the first two episodes are the worst.  I liked the first episode okay, and really liked the second, which is what really made me a fan of the show.  My bff isn't a brony, but he has seen some episodes, and he says FiM Part 2 is his favorite.

I'm really surprised when people say that the first two episodes are the worst.  I liked the first episode okay, and really liked the second, which is what really made me a fan of the show.  My bff isn't a brony, but he has seen some episodes, and he says FiM Part 2 is his favorite.

I think the people who do like the first two like the second since it has a lot of needed action. They win against an ancient evil by completing various tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished season 3 and went back to start the adventure over with episodes 1 & 2. There is so much more I picked up on in these two episodes  through dialogue and imagery after knowing what is to come. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie's intros still crack me up. I didn't think much of Nightmare Moon/Princess Luna until much later in the series(now she is one of my favorites). I will say the ending was kinda 'meh' but happy endings are expected.. I really enjoy how episode 2 introduces the Everfree forest, I did not expect there to be monsters such as the those they encountered on their journey. I got into the series trying to understand the brony and became one along the way.

Gah!  Just going to honest, the first two episodes were...  alright...  but nothing special IMO.

The plot felt a little forced to me and they kept changing things.

Why in the beginning did they say "the most powerful magic known to ponyville" instead of "the most powerful magic known to equestria?"  In my opinion, this was a time before the writers thought the show would take out, so they were just trying to get by.

There were a few good scenes, but the rest just bored me.  This is what stopped me from becoming a brony earlier on.

Season two was best season!  Proud to be a mid-season 2 brony!

I've re-watched these episodes more than any other.  These are the two episodes that told me this show is better than I expected.  It wasn't easy watching these the first time though.  I paused the video ever minute or two, practically facepalming as I asked myself, "what am I doing?"  I probably went through all the common reactions.  "Huh.  A villain seeking to send the world into eternal night.  Interesting premise."  "Oh no, a fashionista."  (To be continued..."  "What?!?  NO!!!  I must know what happens next!"  "Did the fashionista just kick a manticore in the face?!?"  "Oh great, a song."  "Oh!  That song was better than expected!"  "Well, I'm genuinely impressed with all this."  "...  I must not watch another episode 'cuz this **** will get addicting!"

These episodes are some of my favorites, and they will stay that way for a long time.

I am not sure where in the season. I am pretty sure it is season 1. I swear I heard twilight say "body" instead of "pony"

I am probably going to watch through the series agian just to see where it is, if it does exist

Is anyone else wondering where princess celestia was the entire time? I mean nightmare moon never actually states that she kidnaps the princess, nor do I think that she is capable of doing so. Does anyone else think that celestia knew what was going to happen and left so that events could play out? And yes I know that at the end celestia states that she saw the signs of nightmare moons return and knew twilight was to be the one( don't remember exact dialogue) but she couldn't have known exactly what was to take place could she?

• Brohoof 2

I was fully introduced to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, by watching the movie, but anyways. After seeing the movie, I was very interested and wanted to see more, so I decided to go back to the very beginning, and watch the pilot.  :wub: I love Princess Luna, she's such a cool character. I wish she was in the show more. But it was cool to actually get officially introduced to Equestria and the characters as well. I thought the pilot did good, on setting the tone, and feel of the show. After watching the pilot again, yesterday. I enjoyed it, it felt like I haven't watched it before, so that's good.

I do think though, that the pilot should of been a three parter, but I guess they had no time, or whatever. :lol: 

I still think it was good, and Pinkie Pie's first song was really cool! Such a good show. I hope it lasts for awhile.  

Looking back at the episode now, it's not exactly the best episode to start with. It's not a bad episode, and its definitely good at setting the theme and basis for what the show will be like, but it's still pretty heavy on problems. It's actually pretty in your face with it's girlyness, and compared to many other episodes it just doesn't hold up

On the plus side, Nightmare Moon has a badass design

• 2 weeks later...

I was re-watching the first part and was wondering how different the show may be of Twilight had, instead of going to ponyville to make friends, instead had talked to the ponies who had invited her to Moondancer's party (I think that was the name mentioned) and some of them had decided to help Twilight and they got the 5 other elements of Harmony.   

I assume Celestia was going to have the celebration in Ponyville, at least in part since she knew Nightmare Moon would be free and on her visits to Ponyville, and other places, may have sensed that the 5 could have the potential to use the elements, or something like that.