281 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

While NM design was good, the whole hatred and jealously bit was a bit vague; how does she gain this form? And how did she get those eyes? That form looked more demonic than some form of darkness, so i'm not sure what that form really was. And i'm sorry if this sounded offensive.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

These were the first two full episodes I've watched, and it's easy for me to feel nostalgic watching through them again... Things feel fairly different in them, which I guess is to be expected for pilot episodes testing out the formula, but it feels like the magic and defining hope of MLP was there from the beginning. It doesn't stand up too well compared to some of the later episodes, I won't deny it, but I loved the introductions for each of the Mane 6, and there were some lovely moments in it too (Fluttershy endangering herself to show kindness to the Manticore and Twilight teleporting behind Nightmare Moon come to mind, as well as Giggle at the Ghostie and Twilight's "Tell me she's not..." in response x3). It's the beginning of an amazing series; even with its flaws, it's hard not to feel thankful for it. ^_^Plus, so much Flutterliciousness... :wub: 

tumblr_mbj57fHf9b1rgg7rqo2_250.gif

• Brohoof 1

I loved it, it was a pretty good episode and had a great opening to FiM series :D. It was lovely :squee: 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even if the 5th season is out :lol:  I still love these episodes more than every other episode ever, ^_^  it gives a great lesson even without the actual friendship lesson there :wub: so in all these episodes were great, well developed, and its a great intro to the mane six and the princesses  :please:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the first episode I have ever watched like a lot of people. In my opinion, It was great; the whole thing was great, the scenes where they were showing their elements, the part where Nightmare Moon was shown and defeated, to the very end where it got all happy. 

8/10 on my chart ^.^ Good episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful story, great way to begin a series.  My girlfriend and I were hooked instantly after watching it with the original purpose of having a laugh at Bronies.  Well played, Lauren Faust, well played.

This was a fantastic 2-parter to open the series. The animation is great, and the Mane 6 were introduced really well. It's interesting to see how different they all were compared to now. 8/10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah yes, the Series premiere. the one that started it all and pretty much the start of the brony community. On an historical standpoint, this double episode is very important, but on it's own, it's just okay.

I think this episode works if you watch it the first time, because it introduces all the characters, who they are and also shows a bit on what this world is all about. But after that, there is nothing really much to come back for.

The first song of the show is very catchy and some of the antics are kinda funny, but the rest is just an exposition fest. And i also find Nightmare Moon to be none threatning, especially some of the obstacles she lays in the way of the mane 6.

None then less, it's still important and you should watch it to be introduced to the characters.

• Brohoof 2

I liked these two episodes, I feel like these two episodes were good as they introduced the mane 6 and their abilties. I thought the Nightmare Moon could have been scarier and more development, but overall I loved this episode!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure Luna had that ability to change like that at will, I just think the jealousy and hatred consumed her. But after they saved her, she isn't able to go back to that form.

• 3 weeks later...

Why were the ponies surprised they were sisters? In the beginning they stated they were sisters. Twilight had to know because in the beginning the story drifted off snd twilight was continuing reading the story. That part confuses me.

• Brohoof 1

They're what got me hooked on series. OF COARSE I LOVE THEM! :angry: That's all I have to say about that, moving on.

Why were the ponies surprised they were sisters? In the beginning they stated they were sisters. Twilight had to know because in the beginning the story drifted off snd twilight was continuing reading the story. That part confuses me.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Maybe we could call and ask them. :pinkie:

• 4 weeks later...

Ponies were uncool

Until minute two, that is

Then they ruled the world

Obligatory unnecessary reminiscing rambling for roleplay access, part 1/5

It was winter. It's hard to believe it was four years ago. The "new" ponies were a fad surfacing here and there on the internet, mostly annoying with their unwarranted insertion, but strangely eye-catching... Not at all like what I remembered my lil' sister watching to my utter disgust several years earlier. Finally, one day, I caved in after seeing a particularly-amazing artwork featuring a rainbow-maned pony. I think there were six or eight episodes already out by then. I don't think I've ever been glued as hard to the screen as during those few first hours.

Never regretted a minute of life spent being a brony.

• 3 weeks later...