Did you like it?  

281 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

So I just watched the first two episodes, and I thought it was good. I never thought I would like it but it was cute. I am still not a fan of Pinkie pie's voice but it is what it is. Applejack and Fluttershy my favorites and the rest are starting to grow on me

It wasnt an amazing episode but it is lLOADS better then all the soap bullcrap that was on tv at the time and I have seen it 3 times now so I think its pretty good but it could have been better.

• Brohoof 1

I remember watching the episodes a long time ago before I actually got into the series. It's actually kind of neat to watch it again because I never noticed it's the episode where they mentioned Moon Dancer for the first time.

I thought that the episode was just okay when I first watched it, but I heard someone say that sometimes with a new series, you have to give first episodes a little bit of leeway as the writers are just starting the series. As the series progresses it gets better and the first episode ages well. At least that's what I heard. 

The two part pilot ages well IMHO after you watch the rest of the episodes.

As a pair of episodes and the 2nd and 3rd ones I ever saw well, amazing is all that can be said.

Anyway, a little video on the Elements of Harmony part 1 (this) is focused on the Stones that give the mane 6 there god like power.

I need to say that I loved how that introduced both the elements and the mane six. And in my oppinion it set the benchmark for the whole show ... Perfect 10 as it was a great way to kick the generation off :D

Anyone else notice that pilot derpy doesn't look very... Derpy? Her eyes look normal! Did she have an accident or something that made her eyes like that??

Spoopy

O_O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, looking back on episode 1, it isn't nearly as exciting as the more recent seasons. And Pinkie's humor is seriously bad. At one point she makes a joke about candy apples:

I'll definitely go in there if there's candy apples!

*twi looks at her funny.

What? Those things are good!

This is not a funny joke. It is a joke to all jokes. The least jokey joke I ever heard. JOKE!!!

(edited)

These first couple of episodes are pretty much the only ones that I straight up refuse to watch through again.. and these were the first episodes I ever watched of the show.

Edited by AtomicStone

• 1 month later...

I think that 1 and 2 were there to show the character's heart and pottential. That's what got me into MLP in the first place. "Finally!" I thought, "a show that doesn't solve all its problems with violence!"

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone, once I saw this episode I was hooked. This is the reason MLP became so popular, yes it did talk about friendship and was a little cheesy, But it had a great plot and back story to Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia. Plus Twilight wasn't intent on making friends, making it relatable to our real lives. Gotta say, Nightmare Moon was really thought out and it was a real shocker when she turned into Luna. 

I rate this episode 6 elements of harmony out of 6. 

w3bsr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so yeah, I have re-watched those episodes recently, and well...if MLP would've sticked to this kind of humor and storytelling, the show wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is. but what could I expect? this was created before the authors were aware of the kind of fanbase they got, and they really improved.

I only want to say one thing: can you imagine how well this would've worked as the season's finale? watch it again and think how great most of these moments would've been. if we saw Twilight struggling to understand the concept of friendship throughout the season, "Friendship is Magic" would've made one simply awesome finale. (I'm trying to come up with things to say about this, but it's kinda hard to write about a series about funny ponies with the bill cipher-theme in the background! but I think you all got what I meant, right?)

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...