Did you like it?  

280 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I loved it when I first watched it but re-watching it, it's meh, I'm not saying it's terrible, but it just seems a bit...odd, like rainbow she felt horribly out of character (at least in episode 1) but it introduced the characters well so, yeah

i, for one, find the pilot to be excellent.

it does a terrific job at introducing everyone in the show, the pacing is excellent, and it gave me goosebumps all over when they were going to look for the Elements of Harmony. maybe i enjoyed it because it really reminded me of that one show called Winx Club, which was a terrific show and i fucking loved it to pieces. the pilot had the same kind of ominous atmosphere as that show, and i guess that's what drove me into it.

to this day, i still consider it one of my favorite episodes ever. i love it to pieces.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I actually watched the Season 2 premiere first. Then I went back and watched season 1. The first episode is a lot better once you've seen some of the other episodes first.

I agree, the first time I watched it, it didn't really interest me as much as the other episodes of the series, but once I watched it again after finishing it, I liked it.

edit: I don't know why, but when I make a new post I don't notice the errors until after I post it :

Edited by Endpol
  • Brohoof 1

When I watched the pilot I thought it was solid for a children's TV show but really didn't understand the hype around the show with the older demographics. Afterwards I went back and watched more episodes and then fell in love. I don't think the pilot is a good example of the quality behind MLP. That's true for most pilots however. But it serves as a good introduction to the mane 6.

• Brohoof 4

I loved part one of the pilot. but it felt like they forced an ending in part two too quickly. Like... I don't know. Like alot of people said, it WAS what got me into the show!

• 2 weeks later...

I;m gonna have to go with what most other people are saying - the first two episodes were not the best. It seemed too... i dunno, cheesy? Predictable? I can't quite put my hoof on it, but the episodes were just... off compared to others. I'm glad i stuck through, though!

I liked the first two episodes, everything from the initial background about Celestia and Luna was great, and it was great presentation in my mind. That said, I do agree with Dozzy, it felt rushed to me. I don't think dragging the pilot through three parts would have been particuraly wise either, but yeah, I think it was kinda fast-paced at times.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Hm I do not remember if I have posted here in the last five months.. ..nvm the thread had two pages and I have not.

Anyways, I liked the first episodes when I first watched them and I actually like them more now when I watch them again :3

Because now I can sing along with pinkie! :)

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first episode got me into the show. The one thing I liked about it was that it was a part 1 part 2 episode. I never thought a show about ponies would have something like that. It had a great story and showed the charters very well. Also the song was great.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the camera work, editing, animation, and voice acting was subpar in the first episode, even to the point where I stopped halfway through to seriously question the hype behind the show. I later skipped over to "The Ticket Master" and found the atmosphere much better improved and better captured my sense of whimsy.

Looking back on it now, I can't help but wonder if the animation style and pacing of the first episode of the pilot was purposeful. I liked Twilight Sparkle from the start and deeply sympathized with her reactions to everything, and I would have probably nodded in delight when she declared, as I later would find out, "All the ponies in this town are crazy"! But then again, that's just me; and pilots, as others have noted, tend to be weaker than later episodes.

Edited by JustFairness
  • Brohoof 3

E 01 wasn't interesting at all probably because the show had to introduce all 6 characters which took an entire episode to do, but E 02 was better since there was an actual story to the episode. I am surprised that these two episodes were the pilot episodes too! I wonder how MLP made it through... oh well, it made it through, no complaints here ;3

• 1 month later...

Most underrated episode ever, this is actually an amazing opening to this beautiful world of ponies. Night Mare Moon was underrated too. One of my favorite episodes, actually. The way AJ earned her element was too rushed, though.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'll say this right now, these are still not my favorite episodes in the series, and probably don't even break into my top 10, or even top 20. But, I will also say, I watched both episodes again at the beginning of fall, and this last time around, I actually enjoyed them more. I think it's because I've become so acquainted with the characters that at this point, I'm able to notice all these little things in the first two episodes that foreshadowed things to come, either with the characters or in the story itself (Pinkie Pie was especially far funnier in those first two than I remembered her being! And seeing the way she first, uh, "greets" Twilight, I can't help but sigh when I see that now and simply say, "Yeah, she would." :lol: ). I think my last time around watching them I also appreciated more just how well the writers established key character traits that have been fundamental to the Mane 6 throughout the entire series. Just made me appreciate all the more the fantastic writing in the show.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

I didn't really liked the pilot episodes. I continued watching because I made myself a 5 episode rule where I wouldn't judge the entire show.

I think the only part that made me laugh was when they did a death fake out with Steven Magnet. I was laughing because I was confused on how they did that in a "Kids show."

The characters also have a 2d personality in this episode. Rainbow Dash is the tomboy, Applejack is the standard country girl in every kids show, Rarity is that fashionista that we want dead, Twilight is the nerd, Fluttershy I don't know, and Pinkie Pie is the annoying one who the writers think is funny. (That last one was painful to write. Sorry Pinkie. ;_; ).

Very glad I watched after this. Strangely, it was a life changing experience. :P

Edited by Viridi RaccoonBL