Did you like it?  

282 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I feel that this is definitely one of the weaker episodes of the series. I like the way they introduce the mane 6 and Nightmare Moon is one of the best designed characters but at this moment in the show, there isn't much to work with character development wise and I strongly dislike Twilight's attitude towards the idea of making friends. In fact, when I first saw this episode, I thought Twilight was going to be my least favourite character but surprise surprise, she is actually my 3rd favourite of the mane 6.

I think part 2 was slightly better than part 1 since it introduced us to the elements of the mane 6 and it was the first time all six characters had a chance to shine.

My first episode was actually the Cutie mark chronicles, but I decided I should go to the beginning before I made any judgement on how much I enjoyed the show. I watched E1&2, and then 3... and then all of them. lol

I found the story to be interesting, not at all what I expected to find really. I was captivated by the characters, and how relatable they were, and how complex of an idea the elements were in terms of what the target age demographic was.

Most of all, I was left at the end of this episode with a feeling of joy. After watching a couple "bronies react" videos, I found the feeling was mutual. No matter how bad of a day I had, watching this show made it better. It makes everything more positive if you just submerse yourself into the sugary, bubbly technicolour world of ponies. derpy_emoticon1.png

The first episode was great, however I don't think it would be the episode I would show someone to get them into the show. 

I'd probably show them something from Season 3 in that case. The finale in Season 3 was pretty emotional, I'm not gonna lie.

Well this is the first ep. I watched... duh lol well honestly I liked the ep. but it could have been better but honestly... it was amazing to start off a series but....it hooked me I fell in love with Rainbow at first sight <3

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion. The first episode hooked me in. However I feel during this time. The show was starting rougher for us bronies and pegasisiters. It was just starting so the writers still had everthing targeted toward kids. Pinkie's humor has improved since the first couple episodes and so has the messages in my opinion. I don't think that this episode was their best one but it definiteldefinitely hooked me into seeing the next one

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a first episode it was good, the story line was solid enough and it made you like ever character so you could start off with everyone in the good books and then as the show went on you would get your favorite pony and maybe least favorite. So all in all I enjoyed this episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally the thing that kills it for me is that it's a bad intro for at least 2 of the Mane 6 and by that I mean Rarity and Fluttershy. Fluttershy isn't very interesting, coming off as your typical Snow White esque character and Rarity at least in the first part came off as a shallow fashionista, she gets better in the second half but still.

:lol:  Those two episodes were the 2 that got me into mlp friendship is magic! I'll tell the story of how I became a brony, as well.

I was playing COD Black ops 2 on xbox live,

someone had a MLP emblem and started talking about it,

I said I disliked that show,

they said have you even watched it, and I hadn't watched it.

So, then, I went on Netflix and watched MLP:Friendship is magic, and became a brony!

I remember finding some short MLP clip on youtube. I didnt know what it was back then so I said" let's watch a whole episode, see what it is". Needless to say I liked it. The intro did ( and still does) scared me a little, too shinny 

I liked the fact that Twilight was not so much into meeting people and all of the sudden she had 5 friends. It doesn't happen like that in RL sadly

The first episode was not really bad by my standards just not the best. I can see that the makers were just getting a feel for the show and not really going to deep into the characters and backstory. They did a great job imo with setting up the characters and they fit together well.

Personally the thing that kills it for me is that it's a bad intro for at least 2 of the Mane 6 and by that I mean Rarity and Fluttershy. Fluttershy isn't very interesting, coming off as your typical Snow White esque character and Rarity at least in the first part came off as a shallow fashionista, she gets better in the second half but still.

I know what you mean with Rarity. She came off as a up tight snobby person. When it said her Elemen of Harmony was generousity I was like what. I wish Fluttershy could have had a bit more depth.