1. 1. Did you like it?

• No I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

A fantastic introduction to the series! I did not really like the plot of the episode but it introduced the world and the characters very well. If you have just watched this episode and you are unsure if you should continue I would advise you continue watching since at this point I was not sure if i liked Friendship is Magic.

Edited by WilsonWilson

I loved the first two episodes. They seem to have kicked off a little quickly but the point that Twilight discovered her love for the other five, and Pinkie Pie's Laughter song were my favorite parts.

(edited)

gosh, i liked it. if it weren't for that one exposure to the show, i probably wouldn't be here right now.

i did notice throughout the entire series that the mane 6 had "grown up." not just twilight but everyone.

Edited by rubyred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone's new to the series, I'd strongly recommend watching these first two episodes. It gives you a good indication on who the characters are and what they do, and teaches those about the basics of the series (elements of harmony). It also gives you a good idea on the key locations in the world, such as Ponyville, the Everfree Forest, etc.

Edited by Kelldrick

I hated these episodes... Even though they did do a great job of showing which ponies do which.

And is a great guide of what their elements are! But still... The plot was off and maybe they could of dragged it on for a while longer... Instead of having a basic and easy solution.

I quite enjoyed the first two episodes. While the first felt lightly rushed... or maybe that was my imagination do to Twilight trying rush things along. I found the story very enjoyable and it didn't feel like it was forced. But something confused near the end of episode 2. Mainly why the heck was Twilight surprised bout Princess Luna. I mean if she spends so much time reading you'd think she would know about her, there is also the fact that she is Celestia's student. Seriously what gives.

My hoofs up:

The introduction to the show I thought was alright. :)  What I liked most about it was the story to it. When Night Mare Moon was thrying to stop the 6 ponies, they each used their talents to overcome the tasks sent at them! And at the end when they showed that friendship is the most powerful magic, its heart warming! :lol:

My hoofs down: The first episode was mostly just introducing the ponies and then right when the action is about to start, it stops. In a good story, the climax builds over time and then slows down. Its like waiting for a peice of cake at a birthday party for so long and then right when you ar about to get it, they don't give it to you. :blink:

But they just started, so they just didin't have mutch practice yet.

Thats a 7/10 sonic rainbooms! :)

I personally thought this was a great episode. It gave some good backstory on the main characters and I enjoyed the general plot. This is one of the better pilot episodes I've seen. Each of the Mane 6 face their own obstacle and that's pretty cool. It was really touching at the ending where Luna reunited with Celestia. My highlight of the episode was the defeat of Nightmare Moon.

640px-Main_ponies_activated_the_Elements

Edited by TheJLeeTeam
  • Brohoof 1

Aside from Twilight's Kingdom, FiM is my favourite episode. The characters here are presented perfectly. This premiere surprised me, but what followed was... Meh. Until the S4 finale where it caught my attention again.

The episodes that got me into the fandom are special to me. To be honest, these are the episodes you show to someone who wants to know what all the fuss is about. Worked for me...

• Brohoof 1

This episodes got me hooked to the series since the first time i watched them, these episodes are not the best, but it's understandable knowing that they have to introduce the history of the royal sisters and the mane 6, and they do a pretty good work.

For example, the first minute and a a half show us the story of the elements of harmony, after that, we got 4 minutes that introduces us to Twilight Sparkle, in those 4 minutes we learn literally everything we need to know about her, she's curious, she's smart, she lives in her own world, she's kinda arrogant, she doesn't care about friends, she's the princess's personal student, has her own library on the castle and her own personal assistant, which means she's not an ordinary student, she's exceptionally gifted.

All the first episode does a pretty good work introducing the new characters, then the second episode does the same showing us their strenghts, but most of it ends up being kinda childish (im my opinion), but it's still enjoyable, and the pacing is better than the first episode, and then, the part when Twilight realizes that her friends represent the elements of harmony is my favorite part of both episodes, i don't know why i find it so perfect, but when i first watched it i was very excited, and i still have that feeling rewatching that part, in fact, whenever i rewatch that episode i just skip to that part...

The first episode deserves an 8.5/10, and the second one an 8/10. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I quite liked the pilot. It had action to it. It is probably my favorite episode. I hoped the rest of the episodes would have that action, but no such luck. Still, they are all good.

I can't find this video anywhere on youtube is their a site I can go to please help!!

Here's a place to try: Netflix! ;)

this was the episode that got me hooked. i watch this one, saw to be continued so i went to the next, then i watched the next, and the next, and the next, and then next... then i realized i was out of episodes.

Actually, I quite liked the pilot. It had action to it. It is probably my favorite episode. I hoped the rest of the episodes would have that action, but no such luck. Still, they are all good.

Here's a place to try: Netflix! ;)

the best way to watch them is to go to  watch cartoon online and search for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic