Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Quest for the Golden Cookie Jar [MLP:RiM]

Sentienthydra

(edited)

The Manehatten CMC in... 'The Quest for the Golden Cookie Jar'

This is an introductory 'Pilot Episode' to the MLP: RiM Game.

If there's enough interest I plan to take it into a larger campaign.

Rulebook Download and FAQ about the game to be found here

Planning and discussion thread here if you want to weigh in and try to help make the campaign img-1249626-1-smile.png

The Manehatten CMC have always been oddballs in the network, the huge city producing a plethora –a surplus even-- of candidates in all shapes and sizes. They are also one of the very few cells that allow Dragons to have full membership (As opposed to many cells, which have a token Dragon member to use for communication). All thanks an influx of draconic youngsters flocking to the City in the wake of a 'Dragon-fire Communications' hub opening.

Join the new recruits of the Manehatten CMC (East Branch) as they go in search of Adventure, Cookies and Cutie Marks!

The game will be played on the Roll20 gaming site, with communication through Skype or other chat interface.

PM or Post if you're interested img-1249626-1-smile.png

[EDIT] Sign-Ups Almost over, Last slot closing in two weeks.

Edited by Sentienthydra

I intend to look through the rulebook eventually, but just so I know what I'm getting into, how different is it from D&D in terms of the basic system?

Also, should I be looking at S1E or S2E, and what are the differences?

Oh, and assume I'll probably be joining with an as yet uncreated character.

I intend to look through the rulebook eventually, but just so I know what I'm getting into, how different is it from D&D in terms of the basic system?

Also, should I be looking at S1E or S2E, and what are the differences?

Oh, and assume I'll probably be joining with an as yet uncreated character.

Thanks for the questions and the sign-up :D

Firstly, we will be using the Season 2 book, it's a later, more well developed version, and contains rules for making draconic characters as well as all the other Pony races. :)

Second, that is a question they asked themselves in the book, and their official answer is that it is very much different in more than a few ways, being altered with parts of many different roelplaying systems. The d20 mechanic survives practically unhindered, with White Wolf 'World Of Darkness' being used for how skills and attributes are defined.

Giant in the playground games helped with the skills system, and Ars Magica added to the spellcasting and magic system.

Hope I helped answer your questions :D

Giant in the playground games helped with the skills system, and Ars Magica added to the spellcasting and magic system.

I have no idea who or what Giant and Ars Magica are, but otherwise, that was quite helpful, yes. I'm going to go ahead and look through the season two book now, then. 

Let me know if you need help making up your character :D

Recoome HELP!

P.S If we do do this with skype to help, would you be willing to help with voicing some NPCs? :)

If you want me to, sure, but I don't really have the sweetest sounding voice, you know? I pretty much sound like a generic nerd, and the only passable accent I can do is Irish, but I'll almost never do it because it's embarrassing. But anyway, I'll help if you want. 

Also, should I make my character now, or are we all going to make characters together as the book suggests? I don't really care either way.

I'd prefer for you to have a general idea of what you want your character to be, but keep the specifics and the majority of backstory open to discussion and change, so we can weave them as a group when we finally get one together :P

I'm here to answer any questions you have about the setting :)

Also, awesome. having players voice NPCs helps keep the flow going, and ensures that everyone has something to do while other characters are taking their turn :D

Alright, two/three peeps looking to join, just a few more and then we can start designing characters :)

Alright, two/three peeps looking to join, just a few more and then we can start designing characters

Who? What? Where? I don't see anyone. Not even on the other thread, really. I might be going blind, though.wink.png  

Who? What? Where? I don't see anyone. Not even on the other thread, really. I might be going blind, though.img-1264335-1-wink.png  

On the planning thread :P a few people have expressed interest there.

Oooh, that might be a good idea. If you want, I'd suggest contacting anyone that looks to be joining, and start weaving ideas about backstory together, the more tight-knit you can make the group the better. Plus, it will be a lot easier if you start making friends now :)

On the planning thread tongue.png a few people have expressed interest there.

Oooh, that might be a good idea. If you want, I'd suggest contacting anyone that looks to be joining, and start weaving ideas about backstory together, the more tight-knit you can make the group the better. Plus, it will be a lot easier if you start making friends now smile.png

Aye aye, cap'n! By the way, since you added me as a friend, I assume you've been on my profile, which means you've probably seen that I'm on Skype, so you can go ahead and add me if you want: alex.kennedy118

Aye aye, cap'n! By the way, since you added me as a friend, I assume you've been on my profile, which means you've probably seen that I'm on Skype, so you can go ahead and add me if you want: alex.kennedy118

I've seen yer Profile, and I'll get right on that... As soon as I get skype installed on my new computer blush.png  it's a little bare of programs atm. But I'm doing so as we speak, so should do so tomorrow if not today. sleep.png

• Brohoof 1

[sIGN-UPS ALMOST CLOSED!]

Only two slots in the RP left, and in two weeks time this RP is going live, with or without them. 

Join up while you can, because I guarantee it shall be fun! With the last two slots, the fun will only be DOUBLED!

Heh, memes... :D