Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The End of an Era: Beginning of a New

Jonke

(edited)

Everything doesn't last forever... so is the case for me.

As of today, i'll no longer be a part of the MLP Forums staff team. How unfortunate all this is, it's something i've discussed internally for a long time and today i acknowledged that i was no longer in the condition to continue.

Why Jonke? Why now? The reasons are many and it would take too long to list everything up. Let's just say that i've a lot to think about and there are things i want to pursue, as well as things i need to put more time into. While i could've stayed on the team, it just didn't feel right to keep going when i barely added anything to them anymore. For my own sake i had to put an end to it.

As one of the moderators from the chat era, it has been a long and fun run for me. Something i'll never regret a single bit of, it has been one of best experiences in my life. For the members, i hope i haven't caused too much trouble. ^^ You guys have been reasonable, helpful and overall awesome all the way through, Which i thank you all for. As for the team, i've seen it grow from the very start and how it has changed over the course but one thing remains, it has never let me down. Everyone has been so cooperative and sensible which lead to such pleasant atmosphere for me to be in. Something i hope never change. :)

Before rushing to any conclusions, i just want to mention that i'll still be active on the site and support it to the fullest because why wouldn't i stay on arguably the best forum on the internet? The grass seems to be greenest here~ ^^

With that said, i just want to give a special thanks to Feld0 who gave me this opportunity. Whether how impactful it has been, i feel accomplished.

~ Jonke

Edited by Leafeon
  • Brohoof 63

Carrying thine weights of responsibility upon thy back isn't something everybody can do, and for those that can do it, they can't do it forever. Eventually you just want to relax and let someone else take up the title, while you retire to the beach and laze your days away in the simple life of a member as you once did from the days long ago. I do hope this means we'll be seeing you around a bit on the discussion side of things here and there, perhaps :3

I can't pretend I've interacted with you much, despite you having been here since near the Creation of MLP Forums by Gods Feld0 and Kurtiss. However, losing someone who's been on staff for so long is certainly too bad, even if they haven't been the most active in recent times. Everything you've done in the past for the site as a staff member can't be put into appreciation with just text on a screen, but I hope you now how much it's all meant to us, and to all those who came before myself.

But enough, let's not be all emo and sad. You're not going anywhere anytime soon, you're just taking off the police uniform and joining the rowdy folks at the local bar for some cider.

Let us drink and be merry.

post-4006-0-08105400-1362733634_thumb.png

• Brohoof 29

(edited)

I don't think I've ever really interacted with you extensively but I wish you well and I look forward to getting to know you better in coming months :). Though I'm pretty new here, at least relative to you, I'm sure the staff have greatly appreciated all that you've done and couldn't be more grateful for your service. Enjoy your well earned retirement :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 6

Awwww :C

Never really got to talk to you that much.. But I sincerely wish you well on all your endeavours ^_^

Hopefully we can catch up one day ^_^

• Brohoof 1

It's sad that a long-time staff is stepping down, but it's great to know that you'll be sticking around. Regardless of your reasons, if it's what you want, then your decision may be for the best. Your wisdom and experience will be missed, and any successor will have big shoes to fill.

Thanks for your service, and thanks for working so hard to make MLP Forums a better place. You've more than earned your rest. Here's another to Jonke.

• Brohoof 2

It was a fun run wasn't it eh? You and me doing the Minecraft thingie, being the two Europia moderators of the forums. So much things we have said and done. I will never forget. Those were the days.

Now we still have our own little Bastion to live in. Where we get to continue our majestic adventures into a wonderous land.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Sorry to hear that Jonke, but I'm glad you were able to make the decision. Even though I've only talked to you I think once, I'll miss seeing that green name. But I'm happy you're staying on the site. :)

Edited by /b/etez
  • Brohoof 1

While we both were part of the staff we haven't interacted much, but when we did I remember you being a pleasant individual to converse with. When I saw the beginning of the thread I feared that we had lost another great member. But my fears where soon squashed by the rest of your post. I thank you for helping making this forum what it is right now.

Have a good rest. ( While you can! Hihi. )

• Brohoof 1

Really sorry to hear that Jonke. But, as long as your still with us and the staff is still around we can get through this together. Like all great philosophers say: '' You can get through anything as long as you achieve the very best.''

• Brohoof 1

Jonke,

Whilst we never did get much of a chance to get to know each other better, I know that the loss of you as a mod will be one that is greatly missed, ever sense I first joined this forum back in december 2011, and still to this very day you were are will still be an awesome dude.

I am glad that you will stay around for the ride, it's hard to believe how much the staff has changed, and the fact that we are down to 2 original staff members.

You wil be missed friend, and thanks for all the hard work you have put into this awesome community.

I wish you the best /)

• Brohoof 3

Jonke, you were and will always be a friend and ally of the Republic---and a darn good member of MLP Forums, too. It's tough to see a veteran finally hang it up after so much time dedicated to the cause. You've been here longer than most. Let's hope it stays that way. :)

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

So stupid question time: Will you still be moderating the TF2/Minecraft (Whatever it is) server, or are you fully going back to being a member?

Edited by /b/etez

So stupid question time: Will you still be moderating the TF2/Minecraft (Whatever it is) server, or are you fully going back to being a member?

Back to full member, i've left all my previous responsibilities. What will happen with the server is still unknown and is still being discussed over at the minecraft central.

I just want to thank everyone for all the wonderful responses! It means a lot!. <3

• Brohoof 1

Well done good and faithful servant!  I salute you for the hard work, time, and energy that you've invested over the months into helping Feld0 and the rest of the staff make this place awesome.  You've earned your rest Jonke; enjoy it fully!  :D

SALUTE.png

• Brohoof 4

For a second you kinda worried me that you where going to leave the forums :(.

I won't pretend that I know you really well though, because honestly I don't really, but regardless I would hate to see you totally leave.

I understand and respect your choice to step down from your moderation posistion for whatever reasons you have! It actually takes a good bit of guts and many other things to know when it's time to just step down and join the rest of the normal people.

I'm not gonna lie, Im not sure if I'd ever be cut out for a moderation position ever(not to say ill get one, just theoretically ) I mean it can take quite a bit of dedication, and it's a great responsiablity.

Sure I post a pretty frequent amount, but that doesn't mean I have the dedication or maybe maturity for something like you did.

Anyways I'll stop rambling, the good news is your still staying! I wish you the best of luck in whatever you end up spending your time in now! I hope to see you more often in some more casual discussions to!

While it is sad to have someone who's been a long time member step down from a staff position, Atleast your not going anywhere :)

Good luck! See you around!

• Brohoof 3

At first I thought you were going to pull an Arlyat and leave on us. Glad you only dropped out; some of us aren't cut out for mod work. And feld0's awesome for making you do that~

Like whoever made me a mod on this other forum got a screw loose.

• Brohoof 1

(Late reply is lateeeeeee)

It's unfortunate that someone as ancient friendly and dedicated as you decided to step down from the Moderation Team. I can only remember you with that mod badge under your name, it would be quite weird to see you without it :z

Feels like it's only yesterday that Arylett wondered why Dreamwalker suddenly became a Global Mod ZlCHy.png

Anyway, I hope that you will stay active in this forum, can't wait to see your posts in you-know-where. I also hope that you can achieve whatever it is you're pursuing right now. :)

• Brohoof 4

Ah, I am extremely late...

Goodbye Jonke, but... Make no mistake, my friend, you will be missed. You and I have both had the curious habit of being online to catch some of the larger and more involved things that have happened in the past. I think that you know what I refer to without me mentioning it. Just wanted to say that your good heart was invaluable at those tense times...

:)

Hmmm, but... You aren't leaving, really, so it's both a goodbye and a hello, then?

Well... Hello, then! I look forward to partying with you in the GCT!  ^_^

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

My reactions as I went through the thread:

End of an Era: :blink:

Jonke isn't mod anymore: :angry:

"Thank You's" and experinces: :(

Will still be staying: :D :D :D :D

I got really scared that you were leaving before I was done. You were a great moderator while you were here, shame that you didn't have the same timezone as me (you and Starshine both <_< ) so I didn't get a chance to talk to you as much as I wanted (even though us three had a like 20 page PM chain goin on B) )

Thank you very much for helping keeping this place clean, mate. You choice is your own *puts on captain obvious hat* and I really hope to see that you're more active in the coming days.

Edited by Scootabloom
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I guess we can't all be moderators forever but I will try to be muhahaha. Anyway, good to hear you'll be sticking around, and good luck with your other endevors as well! :)

• Brohoof 3

I'm not going to miss you, Jonke - because you're not going anywhere. Ever. blink2.png

Ah well. Doesn't really change much of anything as far as I'm concerned - we'll still be chatting it up on Skype just about every day, moderator or not.  ^_^

• Brohoof 8

Jonke, you were fantastic to work with when I was on the modding staff. Although I rather wish you'd be able to keep working and helping out, I can certainly understand the need to stop, being as I did that myself. I wish ye all the best.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know you that well, but you always seemed like one of the omnipresent mods. You never stood out much (to me anyway), but you were always there, doing mods things and just generally being a nice guy. At least you're not leaving the site :)

• Brohoof 1