Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestions for individual track pages

Cherax

Cherax, ready for duty! Here's what I have to say about the current design of track pages. Apologies if you'd prefer these as separate threads, but... efficiency... D:

• White space! When a song is listed as "from [an album title]," that extra line of text generates a whole bunch of white space in the top-centre of the page. It's a bit confusing and wasteful. You could move the "from [album title]" line somewhere more practical.
  • The "Follow" function is missing. Having to go to the artist's page to Follow them is just one extra click that might turn a whole bunch of lazy people away!
  • When you click "Add to playlist" but don't actually have any playlists, it tells you "no playlists." It'd be nice to have the option appear, like in Youtube's Video Manager, to create a new playlist and add the song to it in one go.
  • The comment box… it's huge! Dauntingly huge.
  • Brohoof 2

1) That's a good point. The way the album title is position right now certainly does create a great deal of whitespace. I'll move that over as in your screenshots.

2) Good idea. I'll make this change.

3) This was actually planned. I'm working on it.

4) What's wrong with a huge comment box?

Update: Requests 1 and 2 have been implemented. :D While I was at it, I took the opportunity to AJAX'ify the follow buttons, so they don't refresh your page when you click them.

Gotta get some dinner now, then I'll continue with the coding!

• Brohoof 2

Goodness! You work quickly indeed. Awesome :D

I suppose there isn't anything wrong with a huge comment box. I think I'm just used to seeing smaller ones on music websites (Soundcloud, Youtube). So, feel free to disregard point 4.