Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

are you smart ?

omran97

I don't know. I once scored 130 on an IQ test and I pick things up quickly, but I can't help but feel that everyone else is at least as smart as I am, and probably smarter. I'm very interested in stuff like history, biology, and physics, but I suck at math so my interest in those things is purely limited to the pop-science side of things. I'm probably just average.

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to sound arrogant, but I do think I am pretty smart; I'm good academically ( enough to be accepted in prestigious universities), and in real life, I know how to handle people so they act the way I want. But it's not enough; a problem I have is that I always want to be smarter, all the time.

I basically want to outsmart everyone :orly: 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I've already answered but I'll answer again. Yes! And I'm not afraid to say it anymore. I'm smart. At least smart enough to know that regardless of how much I know it's still very little compared to how much more I can learn and how much there is to discover. 

The heck does smart even mean. It's more than just good grades in school. I was in the top of my class in high school but plummeted in college and not even employed in the field I graduated in. I've since moved on towards something I do enjoy doing.

Anyone can call themselves smart or dumb and maybe be wrong.

Edited by WWolf

I got a 2130 on the SAT (750 math, 690 reading, 690 writing) my first time taking it, and didn't do any preparation/practice for it.

I got good grades (A's and B's) in high school (mainly in honors and AP classes) with little to no effort - the only classes I studied for were biology and AP US history (since they required memorizing a lot of details).

In college, I majored in computer science, got minors in math, philosophy, and cognitive science, and graduated with a 3.2 GPA - I put more effort in than in high school, but still didn't try very hard.

I work as a programmer analyst now, and was told in my performance review this summer (about a year and a half after I was hired) that my results are second to none.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that as to whether or not I'm smart.

I think I'm average but sometimes I have that "I'm smarter than majority" feeling. If you're about academic smartness, I was A student in 7-9 grades without much effort, but now I'm just average because I can't care less about subjects like history, social edu, etc