Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gaiden 7 dreams and nightmares (Volunteer artists needed)

billocorn

I am looking for a sequential artist for a set of side stories that correlate with this project

it is a strictly volunteer from the voice acting to the music to the artwork. so I will be unable to pay you. below is an email from my supervisor Louis badalament use it as the rules to become one of the artists. here are the scripts so just choose the one that interests you most: episode 1 BonBon: https://docs.google.com/file/d/15D3zbOUnDzu3_jUe_dgBVCMU0pGLgKEFVTcJ7fRhX1Re3ZXw702cP1YhFwgD/edit episode 2 Patch: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1DgFs1kiaaM8Ys0IFmzBso6c_gBykGqqNi2Awgg7Yz1KRjuFKbNYhUKxw9OvZ/edit episode 3 Starlight: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1vhsT9uN_XDH_QNSC6jhC96htDDJO7G5TjM4da-Y4jpewBMQa_g8E0pbW1KCG/edit episode 4 Sweetheart: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1IatdXmGYuQV01BR9y_DF2rlC8MNN2zjWroOjOsE7GpJD2OnsQF_Uixms2I2q/edit
First, let's make a list of EVERY character that's going to be appearing JUST in the first episode:

I) "PRESENT DAY" (Generation 4)
1) Twilight Sparkle
2) Pinkie Pie
3) Owlowiscious
4) Princess Luna

II) THE HEROINE OF THIS STORY
5) Bon-Bon (Generation 2)

III) BON-BON'S FRIENDS
6) Patch
7) Sweetheart
8) Teddy (Sweetheart's Husband)
9) Starlight
10) Bright Eyes
11) Princess Rosy

III) BON-BON'S FAMILY
12) Cookie (Husband)
13) Misty (Sister)
14) Bon-Bon's Mother
15) Bon-Bon's Father
16) Rusty (Bon-Bon's brother)
17) Twink (Bon-Bon's younger sister)
18) Amber (Bon-Bon's other younger sister)
19) Bon-Bon's Niece
20) Junior (Bon-Bon's youngest brother)

IV) PARADISE PONIES (Perhaps let's leave it at four for simplicity's sake)
21) Firefly
22) Posey
23) Galaxy
24) Spike

V) LOST THIRD AGE
25) Sweet Berry
26) Cotton Candy

VI) POSTMORTEM
27) Gingerbread

=========

NOTE: In addition to all THESE character, there'll be various 'background extras' and walk-ons. For example, this bit:

BON-BON AS NARRATOR (CONT’D)
Due to the enormity of the
explosion, media outlets of every
form, from print to television,
have either been obliterated or
abandoned. The world has no place
for gourmet chefs or models. Grass
will suffice... canned goods will
suffice, forget freshness, just
throw whatever you can scavenge
into a pot and call it soup! And
as for the ponies who are drawn to
my good looks... well, they're
suddenly a LOT less nicer about the
fact. THRUST themselves upon you.
Survival is everypony's first,
last, and only concern. Those 'end
of civilization' movies don't seem
so badflank when you're the one
living them. I later found out
that Starlight died in the
explosions too...It's probably for
the best that Starlight didn't live
to see what the world has become.

We'll probably want to have some random 'survivalist' ponies. (Best to let the artist draw them however he wants.)

So now, you have all these characters. Your artist will surely know how to draw everyone in the 'Present Day,' but what about the Generation 2 and 3 ponies? Can he approximate both those other styles? Is he conscious of how the characters are supposed to look?

So before anything else, have him draw this, so that he, himself will have a frame of reference :

2) A 'Character Lineup' of Generation 2's 'Mane 7' (Bright Eyes, Bonbon, Clover, Sweetheart, Patch, Melody, Starlight)in Generation 4 style, in G3 style, in G2 style. Each draw with expressive faces and dynamic posture.[Just to clarify: all THREE versions of Bonbon should be the hero of this story, the one who got married and had a family, not the Bonbon who's often paired with Lyra in fandom.]
Basically, a simple test to see how well he pulls G3 and G2 off.
Also, how COMFORTABLE does he feel switching to those styles? (Does he feel like he's 'going against the grain,' or can he do it with ease, style, and panache?)
If it turns out he's only willing/able to draw in G4 style... there's absolute no shame whatsoever with that. We just stick to the G4 style.
Play to your strengths... that's the best way of doing things.

Now, if your artist is still with you after drawing all this... then he really IS a keeper.

Try to encourage him to draw the character sheets dynamically, but insist they be in color.

previous gen character references
G1:
Unicorns: [link]
Earth Ponies: [link]
Pegasus: [link]
Flutterponies, Seaponies, Princess Ponies: [link]
Allies:[link]
Villains: [link]

"G2" MLPTs:
Mane Seven and family: [link]
'Minor Ponies: [link]

G3:
Earth Ponies: [link]
Pegasus, Unicorns, Breezies: [link]

send the concept sketches of the main seven to knowyourmareinc@gmail.com GOOD LUCK EVERYPONY!