Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming First videogame you played ?

Soultensionb

I must say, this is quite a challenge to remember the exact first game I ever played. I know for sure we had an Atari 2600, a Sega Genesis, a Nintendo, and a Super Nintendo. That puts it in the area around Pong, Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles, Adventure Island, Mario Paint, and Super Mario World. I believe the first one I played was...probably Sonic 2. So hard to remember these kinds of things. XD

I think the first video game I ever played was Mortal Kombat 3. I want to say I was about 4 or 5 at the time. My only goal in life at that time was to beat my dad at that game. 

Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. One the greatest compilations of video games ever made. Never beat any of the games though, I was only like 5.

The first video game I can recall playing would be Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I have so many fond memories of that game. To this day I still pick it up and play at least once a week. Thankfully my first ever game also became my favorite game at the same time. Sometimes you just get it right the first time. wink.png

And is still awesome to this day, this was the first video game I ever played! So much, that as of now, I once and still, beat this game 100% in less than 8 hours! MLG Brony Expert right here!

I removed the image because it was huge and didn't need to waste space with it again. Anyways, on to my comment.

I never had a chance to play the first one, I started out with Crash Bandicoot 2: The Wrath of Cortex. Wow what an amazing game it was. I eventually came across the first Crash Bandicoot and tried playing it and how hard it was. If you can beat that game one hundred percent you are a platforming god. Great game though!

• Brohoof 1

I eventually came across the first Crash Bandicoot and tried playing it and how hard it was. If you can beat that game one hundred percent you are a platforming god. Great game though!

The biggest challenge with that game (and certain sections of Crash Bandicoot 2) were that your depth perception is quite...off in certain levels. Lights Out, Fumbling in the Dark, Road to Nowhere, Jaws of Darkness, etc. etc - you can't really tell how far you need to jump until it's too late and you fall to death or get sliced by a guillotine. There is also one level, Cortex Power, which makes you backtrack twice through the level to get all the boxes, so you're essentially blind to things in front of you because of how the camera works.

Add in the fact that you cannot die in the level (dying before the first checkpoint is okay, but if you die after one and go back to get all the boxes, you are still disqualified from the gem) in order to get the gem for level. Then add in levels like Sunset Vista or Slippery Climb. Commence shouting at screen. 

Of course, when you do finally get all the gems, you have free reign to go RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I DID IT!

Then you go on to play CB2, and you're like FUCK THIS GAAAMEEEE!! when you get to levels like Totally Fly, Cold Hard Crash, Piston It Away, or Spaced Out.

I tell ya, games made before 1998 on the PS1 were some of the hardest things ever to grace video game consoles. And yet, somehow, I was able to clear all of the levels in Rayman (1995) when I was four years old (actually, I needed help in Picture City from my 8/9 year old brother at the time, but seriously, damn that place to hell too).

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

The first game I played had to be Aladdin for the SNES back in '98. My old daycare would have a SNES in the main room so a whole bunch of kids would gather around and play it. As soon as it was my turn, I picked Aladdin and decided to play it for a while. I don't remember ever beating it however but I managed to get pretty far before my turn was up.

Either Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Mortal Kombat 2 for the Sega Genesis. I'm surprised that I didn't become a Sega kid, despite loving the hell out of the Genesis(though I did end up getting an loving the Dreamcast)

I tell ya, games made before 1998 on the PS1 were some of the hardest things ever to grace video game consoles. And yet, somehow, I was able to clear all of the levels in Rayman (1995) when I was four years old (actually, I needed help in Picture City from my 8/9 year old brother at the time, but seriously, damn that place to hell too).

Rayman? Now that is a real man's game. Sure, it starts out simple but once you get going hoo boy! I never beat that game...well, I guess it is time to get going then. I'm going to beat that game!

Aaah memories :)

And I'm not really sure which game was the first one I've played but I'm pretty sure it was Need for Speed II. Started playing when I was a little bellow 3 years old I think. Okay I don't really remember this stuff but I found some old family vids in which I saw myself play NFS II a few days before my 3rd birthday (kinda cool that old cameras always had the time and date shown in the video). 
Also probably not really a normal age to start playing games though. :P

The first game I ever played was a game called "SUPAPLEX". It is from 1991 and my dad used to play it when he was studying computers and stuff. The game is one of the harder games you'll ever try and it has soooo many levels. There is 111 levels in the first pack and then there's like 2000 more levels or something.

Here's the last level in pack 1.

The first Videogame i ever played was Ape Escape 3 for PS2, i was 6 or 7 at the time, i remember our game library consisted of Ape Escape 1,2, and 3, Destroy all Humans, and tony hawk's project 8, underground, and american wasteland. wub.png  it was the greatest thing ever.

• Brohoof 1

The first Videogame i ever played was Ape Escape 3 for PS2, i was 6 or 7 at the time, i remember our game library consisted of Ape Escape 1,2, and 3, Destroy all Humans, and tony hawk's project 8, underground, and american wasteland. img-1277696-1-wub.png  it was the greatest thing ever.

YEAH! AN APE ESCAPE FAN! Though, it wasn't my first game.

My first game ever was Street Fighter. Forgot which console I played it on. I think it was the SNES. :3 It was fun. I never really gotten myself involved into fighting games though. I've never been really that fond of it. I became fond of Shooter games though. o.o

I grew up as a Playstation guy. However, looking at myself right now, I like Nintendo more than I like Playstation. However, I do know way more of the Playstation franchises rather than the Nintendo franchises. I DON'T KNOW! It's just me. XD

Crash Bandicoot was the first game I started to love. Next came Ape Escape and then Sly and a lot more stuff like Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. :3 

Awesome childhood. (For me that is)

YEAH! AN APE ESCAPE FAN! Though, it wasn't my first game.

My first game ever was Street Fighter. Forgot which console I played it on. I think it was the SNES. :3 It was fun. I never really gotten myself involved into fighting games though. I've never been really that fond of it. I became fond of Shooter games though. o.o

I grew up as a Playstation guy. However, looking at myself right now, I like Nintendo more than I like Playstation. However, I do know way more of the Playstation franchises rather than the Nintendo franchises. I DON'T KNOW! It's just me. XD

Crash Bandicoot was the first game I started to love. Next came Ape Escape and then Sly and a lot more stuff like Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. :3 

Awesome childhood. (For me that is)

Haha, i thought i was the only one who fondly remembers those games XD i definitely like nintendo better than sony now, the playstation was shared with my brothers so the first console in got for just me was a nintendo DS, it was amazing, and i still have the save game on Pokemon diamond from like april of 2006 or something, One of my best memories of a game however was playing Tony hawks project 8 with my father like right before he left. He came back like two years later and we played that game for like an entire day X3

Mine would probably be Pokemon Blue. I was really bad at it, because I was about 3. :P

I remember over-raising my starter, so all my other Pokemon sucked.

My first console was the Sega Genesis. The only game I had was Sonic the Hedgehog 2. So, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I sucked at it badly, and the only level I couldn't clear was Chemical Plant. I played the game several years later, and I beat it. Ah, the memories.

My first game,

duke3d.png

For someone who was just merely at the age of 4, this is not the game you would think any rational toddler would play. But, truth is, I didn't let any of the adult themes or gore in this game get to me as a kid. Even to this day I love the hell out of this game and know nearly where most of the secrets are. 

• Brohoof 1

When I was about 6 or so, my dad had a Nintendo 64, and he taught me and my little sister how to play. We mostly played Diddy Kong Racing. Up to this day, we still have the games and console, and sometimes we play it again to relive the memories :)

The original Sonic the Hedgehog. I played the **** out of that game that it wasn't funny. I spent more time on that game then I did with Pokémon Black, and I spent over 90 hours on Black.

Oh yeah, the worst zone ever is the Labyrinth zone. Sega loves that word.