Soda, pop, tonic, coke, other.  

119 users have voted

1. 1. What do you call soft drinks?

• Soda
    • Pop
    • Coke
    • Tonic
    • Other (Please specify)

I call it by the brand it is,or I say soda.As the peeps up there ^ said I think pop just sounds kinda weird.Well most people around here call it soda.

I usually refer to them by brand name (Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc) ,but in general I just call it pop. Which is weird since I'm from the South and everyone calls it coke here.

Well I don't actually drink them much, and sometimes I refer to them as carbonated drinks, since thats what they are, and I don't drink anything carbonated(I'm weird ik)

But normally I just call them Soda when I do refer to them normally. Just always what I've heard, never heard Pop or any of those other terms honestly.

• 1 year later...

I used to call it pop, now I call it soda since I lived in a certain state where people call it a different term. I live in a state where there soft drinks called Ale-8. Friends have told me they brought bottles of Ale-8 with them and drank them in public, only to be questioned by police if it was alcohol (since it's a green bottle). I thought that was funny. :D

I'm Dutch, so I call it frisdrank. Which would be translated as soft drink, probably. At the very least that's how I call them in English. Coke for me refers only to the brand, tonic refers to only that particular drink for me and I don't like either soda or pop as words, so I don't use them.